What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Midnight Sea (The Fourth Element, #1)
This topic is about The Midnight Sea
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Fantasy- girl/knight tied to a demon, can feel each others emotions. forbidden love story. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★Me Myshelf and I★ (last edited May 26, 2018 11:10PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

★Me Myshelf and I★ Hi everyone,

I'm using your knowledge of books to try and find one I've read before but cannot find anywhere now i am looking to read it again. I've checked all of my 704 in my library here and and went through every book Ive borrowed on KU and its really annoying me now, you guys are my last hope for my sanity!

its an epic fantasy setting from what i remember. Its starts off with a young girl who is taken to train as a knight/warrior ,who will be tied/bound to a demon when she is of age. (I think she may have powers herself and thus why she was taken to be trained)
they become tied to a demon to control them and use their power for their own gain. I'm saying demon but it could have been a daimon or something similar, the bond is not a physical one but lets then feel each other emotions. for example i remember her being woken up very early because he takes cold baths in a river to "cleanse" himself of his evil. there is a lot of reference to "letting the leash out" which gives the demon more control-which they are not supposed to do. they are supposed to hate the demon and keep a tight control on his/her magic at all times. they set off on a mission and she travels with a superior knight guy who is also kind of in a forbidden love with his demon.
thats as much as i can remember

ring any bells for anyone? I really want to reread this and I keep confusing it with Paladin (Paladin, #1) by Sally Slater but I know its not that one.
my imagination is pretty good but even I couldn't make up this in as much detail as i remember. I've put a lot of effort into trying to find this in my own library's and now its annoying me even more!!

Please help I'll like all your stuff forevermore
x

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments Did she have sister? Reminds me of this (unsolved) thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

★Me Myshelf and I★ Yes! The sister and living in the mountains does seem familiar !! That has to be the same one

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

★Me Myshelf and I★ HOLY SHIT THIS IT!! Omg I love you and I have read it I knew it I had read it