What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Good angsty romance--some to a lot, doesn't matter which

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
TST--I've fixed your thread title so that people know what kind of books you want. Since this folder is devoted to helping people find books, you need to let them know right up front what kind of books you want.

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana North | 11 comments one I can think of off the top of my head is "The Sorrows of Young Werther by Johanne Goethe. written in letter form about a young man who suffers unrequited love. Angsty to the max, but (in my opinion) so beautiful! I'm not sure if its what you had in mind, but here you go. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments The Sorrows of Young Werther for the link that won't open in another tab.

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments My two favorites:

Undertow

The Idea of You

A lot of people say that Colleen Hoover Colleen Hoover has some good angsty reads but Ugly Love was too much even for me!

message 6: by Steffi (new)

Steffi Celis (stefficelis) | 40 comments EVOL Cynthia A. Rodriguez
A Love Letter To Whiskey Kandi Steiner
On the Way to You Kandi Steiner
The Elements Series by Brittainy C. Cherry

message 7: by Heather (last edited May 27, 2018 02:08PM) (new)

Heather McC (heather-mcc) | 72 comments The Thorn Birds is full of angst, heartbreak, hope, and life. The story of the Cleary family (specifically young daughter Meggie) and Father Ralph de Bricassart (a disgraced priest left to tend to families in the Australian outback). McCullough's novel covers several generations (all searching for something more). For Ralph and Meggie, affection turns into something much deeper that sends ripples to future generations.

The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I'm going to suggest The Ship Who Searched. It starts with the MC (female) as a child of about 7 or 8. And proceeds to her adulthood. This is also a sci-fi book. It's also a "have a box of tissues handy" read. (Even after the 7th read, I still cry.)

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather McC (heather-mcc) | 72 comments TST wrote: "JCLHeatherM wrote: "The Thorn Birds is full of angst, heartbreak, hope, and life. The story of the Cleary family (specifically young daughter Meggie) and Father Ralph de Bricassart (a d..."
You are most welcome. A very historical book - you can see the Australian Outback, visit Rome, Italy, and much more. If you enjoy the book - try the TV miniseries. I would recommend the book first!

Julia ♡ Sarcasm and Romance Addict ♡ | 176 comments I've found these pretty angsty & sometimes in not a good way...

Lady Falls
The V Girl
Fiendish: A Twisted Fairytale
Last Kiss Goodnight
Rescued by an Alien
Entire It Ain't Me, Babe series
Fairytale Come Alive
Rock Chick Regret - and many other Kristen Ashleys like Creed...
Guilty as Sin
Dead of Eve

This one legit made me cry, in a kind of angsty but better way, ironically titled
Cry No More