Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > June 2018 ~ ATF Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Grey (last edited Jun 28, 2018 07:39AM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
A new challenge for 2018 is the ATF Challenge. For me...some of the books that are my all-time favorites that I may recommend, may not necessarily have gotten 5 stars...but nonetheless are still on my favorite books of all time list, so here we are ~ six months in!

And I think now that we've figured it out, the rules of this challenge are pretty simple.

1) Between now and the 31st of May, members express their interest in participating in the ATF challenge for June.
2) Sometime on June 1st, it will be randomized by one of our illustrious randomizers to see who the lucky 6th woman of honor will be.
3) She will post the link to her All Time Favorite Books list (which could be her 5 stars list... or it could be something new that she makes up specifically for this challenge, however, it should include at least 10 books, in fact the more books the better). I will also link the Honoree's list here in this first post.
4) Then this is where it gets fun... the Honoree could deign to 'help' pick a book for each of us that are participating to read from that list that we haven't read, if we have it or can easily get our hands on it. Or...she could just let us run amok and pick from all of her favorite choices.

For example: here is the link to Grey's All Time Favorites List

And last, but certainly not least...
5) The next super fun part of this challenge is that everyone else gets to throw a suggestion into the pot for the honoree, one of their 5 star suggestions, which will then be tossed into the randomizer again (or the honoree can just choose one, whichever floats her boat!) But this way, the honoree also has an All Time Favorite to read this month.

Clear as mud? Please ask if you have any questions, as we continue to iron out the details!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The honoree for June 2018 is ... Tessa! Tessa's ATF list

The book that was chosen from all of our suggestions and plucked from the magical randomizer for her to read is... Fearless (Dartmoor, #1) by Lauren Gilley Fearless by Lauren Gilley; she rated it 4.5 stars!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From Tessa's All Time Favorite's List:

Leslie picked Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1) by Whitney G. and rated it 3 stars.

Paula picked The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James and rated it

Nay picked Degradation (The Kane Trilogy, #1) by Stylo Fantome and rated it

Lisa picked Frenched (Frenched, #1) by Melanie Harlow and rated it... but it wasn't on Tessa's list. *giggle* so her real pick was Fear Me (Broken Love, #1) by B.B. Reid and she DNF'ed.

Michele picked To Hate Adam Connor by Ella Maise and rated it 5 stars!

Jean picked Prison Promise (Prison Saints #1) by Demi Vice and rated it 4 stars! Oopsie, apparently she really picked Fear Me (Broken Love, #1) by B.B. Reid and rated it

Jan picked The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James and rated it

Grey picked The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #3) by Sara Ney and rated it 4 stars!

Ela picked The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James and rated it 5 stars!

Bethany picked Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews and rated it

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
The choices that will be placed into the randomizer...

Full Tilt
Mists of the Serengeti
Fearless
Mists of the Serengeti
Mists of the Serengeti
Fearless
Mists of the Serengeti
Dangerous Girls
Fearless
Snowballin' I F***ed Frosty or Eye of the Tempest

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I'm in for this one also - please and thank you!

message 3: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in. :)

message 4: by Leslie (last edited May 31, 2018 06:20AM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Although I find this challenge...

um, challenging...I am in! 🙄

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I’m in!

message 6: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Me, me, me!

message 7: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments maybe

message 8: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
*tosses glitter AT Ela* 🤣😂🤣

message 9: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments FINE I'm in....

message 10: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Count me in.

message 11: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments Sign me up!

message 12: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Count me in!

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen | 162 comments Have never done a monthly challenge so I am not even sure if I am properly prepared or set up to participate LOL...but it's finally summer...well, almost 8 more days and then FREEDOM!!! :)

message 14: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
bump

message 15: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Is it too late to be in? I'm gonna try, even though I'm pretty busy and don't get to complete all my challenges :/ But I wanna try.

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Who is choosing our honoree?

message 17: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Jen wrote: "Have never done a monthly challenge so I am not even sure if I am properly prepared or set up to participate LOL...but it's finally summer...well, almost 8 more days and then FREEDOM!!! :)"

Welcome, Jen!!

message 18: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I will do the randomizing in a bit here, you're not too late. Welcome to all the newbies!

message 19: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Hang on - am I in on this one? If not, I want to be!!

message 20: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Oh sorry, just saw I posted earlier up there - - it's been a long day already and apparently I'm not keeping track of myself very well! :D

message 21: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments *keeps refreshing Goodreads like a mad woman*

message 22: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
*drumroll please* the woman of honor is.... *tosses glitter* TESSA!!!!

message 23: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Yay Tessa!!! ☄🌈💖

message 24: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I already know what I am gonna read!!!

Sincerely Carter Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1) by Whitney G.

Tessa was just saying that she 5 star loved it.

message 25: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Yeah! This should be fun to see!

message 26: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Leslie wrote: "I already know what I am gonna read!!!

Sincerely Carter Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1) by Whitney G.

Tessa was just saying that she 5 star loved it."

It was super fun and sweet with a little angst for spice.

message 27: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Tessa, my rec for you is Full Tilt Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1) by Emma Scott

message 28: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Leslie wrote: "Tessa, my rec for you is Full Tilt Full Tilt (Full Tilt, #1) by Emma Scott"

Somewhat scary, but okay. :)

message 29: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments My rec for Tessa is "Mists of the Serengeti"!

And...can someone please tell me how to copy in the cute book pictures going forward...please please please?!

And I'm still pondering my own choice....too many good ones to choose from :D

message 30: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I will go for The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James

and my recommendation for Tessa is Fearless (Dartmoor, #1) by Lauren Gilley which I can't believe she hasn't read

message 31: by Nay (last edited Jun 01, 2018 12:42PM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Yay, Tessa! *rubs hands* Now I get to go a-searchin', but I have a feeling I already know what I'm going to pick for my read.

Michele--I use Google Chrome on my laptop, and from the 'Apps', I added 'emoji keyboard' 🙃

message 32: by Nay (last edited Jun 01, 2018 12:56PM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I was pretty sure I was going to pick The Mafia and His Angel, but once I looked at the list, I found an oldie that I need to get off my tbr, and I think almost everyone's read it but me:

Degradation (The Kane Trilogy #1) by Stylo Fantome Degradation (The Kane Trilogy, #1) by Stylo Fantome

Will have to do a bit of research to find my suggestion for Tessa.

message 33: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Michele, above the comment box click "add book/author". Search for book, select "cover" (not "link") then click "add".

message 34: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Tessa, Full Tilt isnt too bad. Yes, I cried but I am a major book wimp. You do need to be in mood for tearjerker though. The good thing is that the whole book isnt sad/depressing. It is a beautiful love story.

message 35: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am picking Frenched (Frenched, #1) by Melanie Harlow . It's not on my TBR, but it looks awesome, so it should be.

And I also pick Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar for Tessa because everyone should read it

message 36: by Tessa (last edited Jun 01, 2018 03:24PM) (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments *does double happy dance* Paula's reading M and A, and I can't believe Renee hasn't read Degradation. 0.0 That book is a WILD ride.

Okay Leslie. I don't cry easy, so okee. That's been the issue that made me avoid it. lol

Oh, Paula, I mean to read Fearless one day. All the love, I know I have to eventually.

message 37: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments d|21474459]. It's not on my TBR, but it looks awesome, so it should be.

And I also pick Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar for Tessa because everyone should..."

Huh. I never read Frenched. I checked and that was a separate list of books I WANT to read because of recs. :) (Though the names are super similar!) This is my favorites. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 38: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments To Hate Adam Connor by Ella Maise

After much deliberation, I’m gonna read To Hate Adam Connor! And hopefully (at some point in the near future) master this book cover thingy y’all sent me tips on....

message 39: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments You did it! And that book was awesome. :) That book is how you do romcom.

message 40: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Woohoo! I couldn’t tell it worked til I posted! I feel so proud!

message 41: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Not sure what I'm going to pick from Tessa's list yet..... I've read so many of her favs and loved them too! I have to check some of the others out.

For Tessa, I pick Mists of the Serengeti.....I freaking loved that book!

message 42: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Tessa wrote: "d|21474459]. It's not on my TBR, but it looks awesome, so it should be.

And I also pick Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar for Tessa because everyone should..."

Huh. I never read Frenche..."

Well,not sure how I managed to do that. I am choosing Fear Me (Broken Love, #1) by B.B. Reid then...and Frenched cuz I wanna!!!

message 43: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) OK. I think I'll take The Mafia And His Angel: Part 1 The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James * bites fingernail nervously* But at least i know it's a cliffhanger going in.

Aaaaannnnndddd for you Tessa, I back up Paula. You gotta read Fearless Fearless (Dartmoor, #1) by Lauren Gilley I can't believe you haven't read it yet either. What the actual heck?

message 44: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Jean--thanks for letting me copy and paste because I couldn't have said it better myself.

For Tessa, I also pick Mists of the Serengeti.....I freaking loved that book! Mists of the Serengeti by Leylah Attar

message 45: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I'm picking The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #3) by Sara Ney The Learning Hours by Sara Ney for myself... and for you, dear Tessa... the count is something ridiculous that I will post at the bottom of the pretty graphic that I will post here in a second, so I threw a curve ball in, just to screw with random.org.

My pick for you, is Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas.

message 46: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
If everyone could try and get their picks in by tomorrow evening (EST) I will do the randomizer, so Tessa can have her pick by the end of the weekend. Thanks!

message 47: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
From Tessa's All Time Favorite's List:

Leslie picked Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1) by Whitney G. and rated it

Paula picked The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James and rated it

Nay picked Degradation (The Kane Trilogy, #1) by Stylo Fantome and rated it

Lisa picked Frenched (Frenched, #1) by Melanie Harlow and rated it... but it wasn't on Tessa's list. *giggle* so her real pick was Fear Me (Broken Love, #1) by B.B. Reid and she rated it

Michele picked To Hate Adam Connor by Ella Maise and rated it

Jean picked...

Jan picked The Mafia And His Angel Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1) by Lylah James

Grey picked The Learning Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #3) by Sara Ney and rated it

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
The choices that will be placed into the randomizer...

Full Tilt
Mists of the Serengeti
Fearless
Mists of the Serengeti
Mists of the Serengeti
Fearless
Mists of the Serengeti
Dangerous Girls

message 48: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Yay! I pick The Mafia And His Angel: Part 1 (Tainted Hearts #1)
by Lylah James!

message 49: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm getting an inkling people want me to read Mists of Serengeti. Don't know why. :P

message 50: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Lopez | 40 comments I'll try Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

« previous 1 3