Start by marking “Degradation (The Kane Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Degradation (The Kane Trilogy, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Degradation

(The Kane Trilogy #1)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  11,235 ratings  ·  1,165 reviews
Eighteen-year-old Tatum O'Shea is a naive, shy, little rich girl. Twenty-three-year-old Jameson Kane is smart, seductive, and richer. They come together for one night, one explosion, one mistake, and Tate is hurled into space—no family, no money, and no Jameson.

Seven years later, life is going pretty good for Tate, when she runs into Jameson again. This time, she thinks sh
Published July 20th 2014 by Battleaxe Productions

To ask other readers questions about Degradation, please sign up.
Stylo Fantome HAHAHA, um, sorry?

HAHAHA, um, sorry?

Separation is out on Sept. 22nd, it's got its own Goodreads page and I am uploading the prologue to it now, so hopefully in a couple hours that excerpt will be available. I hope that book will keep you up to 2am, as well ;D

(less)
Stylo Fantome Lucy V Morgan is a huge influence on me, and her Knives & Flowers duet is one of my all time favorite series, ever. She is a British author who…moreLucy V Morgan is a huge influence on me, and her Knives & Flowers duet is one of my all time favorite series, ever. She is a British author who specializes in lyrical prose and analogies, so not for everyone, but I swear, I would read her grocery list. Joseph Merchant is my favorite book boyfriend (well, next to Jameson).

I've also seen Breach by KI Lynn recommended next to my books - dirty talking hero having an angsty affair with a heroine, sounds like something I'd love.

Nine and A Half Weeks, the novel, was AMAZING, but the ending wrecked me, and not necessarily in a good way.(less)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FantomeTheKanetrilogy1TitlebySueBee_zpse3e277fc.jpg
 photo tkt1 series xBTN by sb_zps8ypizch9.gif
 photo tkt1 story xB by sb_zpszbccipu8.gif
★★★★★★! Degradation, book 1 of 3.5. Larger-than-life Jameson Kane has met his match in Tate. But is dirty-talking, aggressive sex enough?

“It was strange – she didn't really mind being someone's whore, but she hated the thought of being someone's dirty secret.”

Books in The Kane Trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: Degradation
Book 2: Separation
Book 3: Reparation
Part 3.5: Completion

Degradation (book 1) opens up to a prequel, seven years earlier. Then eighteen-year old Harvard student Ta
Penelope Douglas
A blogger I trust recommended this book. So I said okay and bought it.

And then I promptly forgot about it.

Last Thursday I went to the salon to get my horrible looking fingers painted for a trip to Phoenix and asked the nail tech what she had been reading lately. She got dreamy-eyed, smiled, and said "Degradation".

So okay.

I needed to get desperately lost in a book. Two people I trust are raving about it.

So let's go.

SWEET. BABY. JESUS. I won't give you a play-by-play of the story. You can ge
Christy
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christy by: Trish
4-4.5 Satan stars!

photo 55eeab9b-3d2d-4334-99cb-52b8723ef2ad_zpsb9feffc2.jpg

There is something to be said about a book that keeps you up until 4 am reading because you can’t stop until you find out what’s happened. This story has been on my mind ever since I’ve finished reading. There were parts of it I loved, parts I detested, but no matter how you feel about it, I can say with certainty that it’s one of those stories you won’t forget after reading.

Jameson Kane is rich, successful and sinful. He’s a 23 year old man who happens to have a one time thin
Beverly
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Beverly by: Trish
Shelves: series
5 Can’t stop thinking about this book Stars

Tatum O’Shea is eighteen years old and a freshman at Harvard University when she decides to say goodbye to life she knows and be the person she was always meant to be. Tate has always been in the shadow of her older sister, even though she excelled at everything she did, she was still the second child. One night Jameson Kane, her sister’s boyfriend, shows Tate she is more than her sister.

"Tatum, if you don’t get the fuck out of here, I’m going to rip y
Stylo Fantome
Jul 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I struggled a lot with whether or not to leave a review for my book. Should I? Shouldn't I? Is it tacky? I looked up what other authors have done. M. Pierce rated his/her own book. But Leah Raeder hasn't. Neither has Jodi Ellen Malpas. But Alice Clayton has.

I decided I would, if only to give my thoughts on what seems to be a confusing, mysterious, doesn't-quite-have-a-genre book.

I do not consider this book to be truly "dark", and I haven't really marketed it as such. I have read (and loved) "The
~ Becs ~
Well, Holy Crap!! I absolutely love it when this happens. I wasn’t asked to review Degradation and just happened to notice it as a new release and just something about the blurb called to me and I bought it from Amazon and absolutely, totally freaking loved it!! I really think this is possibly THE most exciting debut I’ve read in 2014 and I came across it by chance. Now, I’m recommending it to all of you out there who enjoy a dark and edgy romance, one which will push your boundaries and keep yo ...more
Elizabeth
*4.5 LOVIN' JAMESON STARS*

"He's going to turn me inside out."-Tate

In the beginning...
Tate is a highly intelligent young woman who is headed out to start her first year of college. She makes a trip to her sister's apartment and her sister's boyfriend is there. Tate has always been enamored by Jameson Kane.

"...tall, dark hair, bright blue eyes, killer smile; what girl wouldn't fall head over heels in love with him at first sight? But it had never gone beyond that, she knew Jameson was so far out
Saffron
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Amazeball Stars!!

Jameson Fucking Kane

This name does things to me. And that would probably win me the 'Biggest Perv Ever' crown since he is borderline maniac in bed but who cares. This guy was H.O.T.

So this was officially my last book of this summer. And I am so happy that this was a win for me. As the name suggests, this story contains a lot of sex degrading, pervy, bordering on abusive kind of sex. And I absolutely loved it. Oh and yes there is definitely a story in the book.

Tatum is a
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 "Playing the Game" Stars

photo Degradation_zps12833aa0.jpg

A one time encounter, 7 years ago, would forever change 2 people. It would completely turn her life around. But it wasn't time, they were not ready, they needed to live, to become Satan and his Succubus.

Jameson Kane is 31 yrs old. He is Sexy, Egotistical, Gorgeous, Wealthy, A Man who Always Gets What He Wants. He loves Hot*Rough*Dirty Mouth*Sex but doesn't want a committed relationship. He wants to play and he wants to play with Tatum now that he has found her again.

Ta
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

Dirty talking, unashamed and down right filthy.

This book was written for me. My heart was beating out of my chest by the time I got to the end of this book. I loved every minute of it!

Tatum O'Shea and Jameson Kane first have sex when she is dropping off some stuff for her sister. She is 18, a prim and proper girl who has Harvard and a Political career ahead of her. When her sisters boyfriend, Jameson, gets her drunk on champagne, they have a wild encounter that will change th
MischaS_
EDIT (July 2018): So, I had all these fabulous plans how I'm going to read new books while on vacation. Instead of that, I ended up re-reading this. Again. Still, love this book. However, Dunn makes me hate him more and more with every re-read. Really, I wish there was something done about that guy.

EDIT (06/04/2018): So, after re-reading the Second book I had to move on the first one. I still like it however with each re-read I hate her father and sister a bit more. The ending gets me every tim
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
*4.3 Nugatti is Nutella's mistress jars*

The term "drown your demons and they'll learn to swim"doesn't even begin to describe how amazing this book truly is especially when the one drowning you is Jameson and the demons happens to be Jameson too

18 year old Tatum O'Shea miss goody two shoes is from a privileged family, Tate has her entire life planned out for her goto Harvard become a political advisor and one day senator. Controlled, and always in second place to her sister and favourite child
Jacqueline's Reads
5 Who knew I liked Nasty books? Stars

I feel like Degradation was just one of those books where I had no expectations, but I was completely swept away.

FIRST off, I thought this was a paranormal book because I thought the Hero was the Devil. Ug, no, but fret not, it’s still really good.

SECOND off, Degradation is not for everyone. I wouldn’t call this a romance book, there’s so swoon, there’s so awe moments or hearts and flowers.

There’s a lot of steam, cursing, name calling and what the heck, fa
Kellie Maddox-Ward
I want Prince Charming to ride up on a white horse, and carry me off to his castle. The only difference between me and other girls is once I get there, I want him to bend me over the throne and pull my hair while he fucks me hard and calls me names. - Tate

Firstly I need to be captain obvious here… the book is called Degradation.

Meaning:
degradation
ˌdɛgrəˈdeɪʃ(ə)n/
Noun
the condition or process of degrading or being degraded.

So if that alone turns you off.. don’t bother reading this book a
Lo Bookfrantic
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-review-ng
wow omg omg my throat is in knots, my belly hurts....wtf just happened?! I want to hurt Satan so bad right now Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..gawd...I didn't know what to think of this book but I ended up being sucked up into the story and now I have to start book two like ASAP...clifty much?! wtf.... :(
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Amanda
10/3/2016 - Current free at Amazon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously read on 7 January 2015

Actually this book is not that 'dark' as I expected it to be. If I take out the rough sex and the degrading dirty talk, this might just be a romantic comedy. I laughed so much while reading their sexual banter at each other in and out of the bedroom. The bisexual friend, Angier is funny. Even the stoic assistant, Sander, is also funny in his own peculiar
Ilze
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot, steamy, dirty, crude, filthy, raw and intense that's Degradation for you!

"Just because I hate you, doesn't mean I don't want to fuck you."

description

Jameson Kane aka Satan is one of the biggest assholes you will ever have a chance to meet. He does whatever he wants, he takes whatever he needs and he fucks whoever he wants, and he is not apologizing for any of it. If you think he sounds like a usual rich alpha male then you are wrong, because he is so much worse.

description

Tatum O'Shea is not the naive little
Dee Montoya
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5++++++ Exhilarating stars*****

After finishing this book, the first thought that came through my head was; where have you been all my life? Why didn't I read this before? And, how do I continue on without it?

This story is so freaky, almost perverse but absolutely delicious. Like trying something for the first time and thinking you should have been having it all along.

Being the hard core Stylo Fatôme fan that I am, I knew before reading it that I was going to enjoy this book, because I'm a sucker
Nina (Minou)
Wow what did I just read??

DNF - 10%

The heroine has sex with her sister's boyfriend.
The hero cheats on his girlfriend with her little sister.
The hero calls the heroine a slut while he is cheating, to which the heroine replies, "only for you".
The hero is a piece of shit. He has no intentions of breaking up with the heroine's sister, despite cheating on her, he simply had wanted to fuck the heroine since she was like 16.
Neither hero or heroine were going to admit to the sister that they had sex.
Marielis

"We are a match made in Hell. He may be Satan, but I’m Lillith."
Tengo una debilidad por esta clase de libros. Siempre he buscado leer historias de "amor" que reten mis ideales. Quiero darme contra la pared y sufrir por personajes dañados. Quiero leer de príncipes oscuros, porque también de ellos nos podemos enamorar. Como lectora quiero verdad en lo que leo, este de acuerdo o no con esa verdad. Stylo Fantome me ha dado lo que estaba buscando desde hace algún tiempo. Termino complacida este 2
It's just me Shelly B
Absolute PERFECTION!!!!

This book is......

Drama, drama and MORE DRAMA!!! Just to clue you in my favorite books typically revolve around drama, drama and MORE DRAMA!! I hated these characters but I LOVED them at the same time!! I wanted to strangle both Jameson and Tate and at the same time I wanted hug them both!!

This book is....

A train wreck you can't stop watching even though you want to!! I couldn't stop reading I couldn't wait to find out what these two would do next!! I devoured this book!!
Elle
4.5* Satan vs baby girl STARS!!
“If you want to run, I suggest you do it now,” he told her.
“Why?” she asked, and he leaned in close.
“Because I eat girls like you for breakfast,” he hissed in her ear.

I was hooked with Stylo Fantome since The Bad Ones. I'm sooo late to read this because I'm not sure if I'm gonna love it. In fact, it was surprised me in a whole new level. So many reviewers worship Jameson Kane. Well, it's time for to meet the handsome devil ;)

Tatum O'Shea (25) changed her life o
Kirsten
Nov 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kirsten by: Teresa Rapkin
4-4.5 Playing with the Devil stars!

photo imagejpg1_zpsdd1da6e5.jpg

At the age of 18, Tatum O'Shea is on a road to a new life. She is off to Harvard and has plans for her future. While she is dropping off boxes at her bitch of a sisters' boyfriends apartment, her sister is not there. Her boyfriend is there though. After 2 years of them dating, 23 year old Jameson Kane has never talked to her, but she's always had a crush on the handsome man.

Tate is shocked when it seems like Jameson wants to get to know her. They talk, and sh
Candace
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy a good, kinky read with mild sexual violence and degradation.
A Dark, Twisted Ride!

Whew! This is one sordid, kinky story! And, aargh, what an ending! There are cliffhangers and there are CLIFFHANGERS! This book falls into the latter category.

I guess I'll start at the beginning. Tatum has a hot one-time round of sex with her sister's boyfriend at the time, Jameson Kane. She was a prim and proper, naive, young, eighteen year-old girl getting ready to leave for Harvard. When what she and Jameson did is immediately discovered by her sister, Ellie, Tatum's lif
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
5 Baby Girl Stars

WHY HAVE I NOT READ THIS BEFORE RIGHT NOW???? I 100% thank the ladies at The Literary Gossip for sharing this book and bringing it to my attention. I one clicked all 3 books in series in hopes of making my reading mojo happy. I am so happy that I was not disappointed!

I needed this book yesterday. I needed to meet Jameson Kane. I needed some of Tatum O'Shea crazy in my world. I like it dark...damaged...dirty. Degradation was a perfect fit and I have found my happy place!

photo cdd90308-6cf2-452a-8e85-882264d76b5c_zps1vsn4lvc.jpg

One tabo
Imani
Aug 01, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-ebooks, dnf, not-sure

DNF at 24%

I don't usually DNF books because I don't like doing that to stories. But I have to.

I am not in the mood for this. Nope.

This tells the story of Tatum O'Shea who was 18 when she met Jameson Kane. She fucked him in his apartment. Then her older sister comes finds out and tells her parents.

Did I mention she was in Harvard, had a boyfriend and Jameson was her sister's boyfriend. Older sister. And Jameson did not care about her or her sister. He was like, you're cheating your sister. You w
Jamie
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Talk about being put through the ringer.. I was a mess by the end of this one. Tate and Jameson kicked my ass.

I loved it!!! Moving on to book 2 !
Anja

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!

Ladies and Gentleman..we have a WINNER!
I can't even put into words how much I loved this book.

This story is definitely not for the faint of heart...

...you can bet your sweet ass it is, JARED!

It was dark, it was rough and really disturbing sometimes and I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT!!!

AAAAAND I'm on to the next one, because the ending almost killed me.

"That's All" Ash
4.28 average rating.

I read the 4-5 star reviews.

Got excited.

Bought the book. Read the book.

You wanna know what happened next?

photo 5680427.gif

I don't like books that make you feel like they were written in a single afternoon. I don't like books where the love interest slaps the heroine. I don't like books where the only thing that keeps you turning the pages is because you just want to get to the next sex scene. And those sex scenes were hot, and don't me wrong; they were VERY hot. But you wanna know what suck
CC
LOVED it! Jameson is definitely a spoiled, arrogant bastard - but he is one sexy and intelligent man! Jameson has finally met his match in Tatum - both in and out of bed. They're chemistry is off the charts! I really enjoyed reading the unexpected and how the author is true to her characters. Tate isn't your goody-goody perfect woman and it is so refreshing! Sanders definitely deserves a mention as well - he is enigmatic! The friendship between Sanders and Tate is really endearing and I look for ...more
  • Return to Grace Street (Chapter 8, #2)
  • Debt
  • The Sordid Promise (Breaking Insanity, #1)
  • Domesticated
  • The Untouchables (Ruthless People, #2)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)
  • Facade (Deception, #1)
  • Her Master's Courtesan (Masters, #1)
  • Collateral (Blood & Roses, #6)
  • Edge of Obsession (SKALS, #3)
  • I Know What Love Is (I Know..., #1)
  • Flawed (The Butcher, #1)
  • We Were One Once (We Were One Once, #1)
  • The Fall of Gods (A Welcome to the Underworld Novel, #2)
  • Badger
  • Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden, #2)
Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, an

The Kane Trilogy (4 books)
  • Separation (The Kane Trilogy, #2)
  • Reparation (The Kane Trilogy, #3)
  • Reception (The Kane Trilogy #4)
“You have ruined me, Tatum O'Shea,” he told her. “Completely wrecked me.” 46 likes
“I want him to remember me. I want every woman after me to be compared, and found lacking.” 41 likes