Play Book Tag discussion

Outliers: The Story of Success
This topic is about Outliers
Archive: Other Books > Outliers by Malcom Gladwell

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Timberlake (ajtimberlake) | 830 comments In wanting to read some more non-fiction this summer I thought that starting with a Malcom Gladwell would be a good choice. I already owned this one so I picked it up at the beginning of the week and dived straight in and I loved it. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because my interest kind of waned in the middle. I found the research overall fascinating and I was interested that I had heard many of the ideas before mentioned in conversation but I found the cultural discussion probably the most intriguing of all.

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I absolutely loved The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference and liked Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking, but never got to other books by him. But this one looks interesting!

I have a couple of nonfiction books on my list that I would really like to get to:
Grit
When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing
How Women Rise: Break the 12 Habits Holding You Back from Your Next Raise, Promotion, or Job

I always like the thought of reading books like this but rarely get to them. Maybe I will try one on audio...

message 3: by Karin (new) - added it

Karin | 7477 comments Another Gladwell for my TBR! I liked The Tipping Point a great deal, but have yet to read a second by him.

Cynda  (cynda) Once I read What the Dog Saw and Other Adventures then I will have read all of Gladwell's books. I don't know that I have a favorite so far--just really like them all--so simply profound.

Amy N. | 256 comments If you're trying to get into non-fiction, you should check out Mary Roach. She's funny and entertaining while still being informative.

message 6: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Amy wrote: "If you're trying to get into non-fiction, you should check out Mary Roach. She's funny and entertaining while still being informative."

Totally second this. Lot's of Mary Roach fans around here.