Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Dearest Ivie (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15.5)
This topic is about Dearest Ivie
Previous BRs - Authors; U - Z > Ward, J. R--Dearest Ivie informal buddy read starts May 20, 2018

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31620 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Dearest Ivie by J.R. Ward.

Synopsis
In an exclusive ebook novella set in the world of the Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1 New York Times bestselling author J. R. Ward tells the story of a fiery couple . . . doomed by an undeniable passion.

Features a special preview of J. R. Ward’s upcoming Black Dagger Brotherhood novel, The Thief!

The last place Ivie expects to be approached by a devastatingly handsome male is in a crowded, smoky cigar bar rarely frequented by vampires—yet here he stands. Silas is flirtatious, gallant, and, above all, mysterious. Ivie is anything but. A nurse at the healer’s clinic and the daughter of a biker, Ivie is accustomed to speaking her mind. So she does. Since aristocrats rarely pick up females of her class, Ivie asks Silas just what kind of game he thinks he’s playing.

Despite her guarded exterior, Ivie surrenders to the fierce desire she feels for Silas. And yet, just as their courtship is heating up, he reveals that it cannot last, for he is bound to return to the Old Country. Their bond only deepens as they make the most of their precious time together. But when she learns the truth, Ivie must find a saving grace—before all is lost. . . .

Tammie | 3014 comments Louise I’m looking forward o this one...will start in the am...

Louise | 2779 comments Starting this evening :)

message 4: by Tammie (last edited May 19, 2018 05:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 3014 comments What a beautiful man! This one starts like a typical romance...interesting! Love it so far...it’s like he’s wooing her but not...
I like her friend ... I guess a cigar bar is a great place to meet although I can only take the smell in small doses...
...really laughed at the ‘ticking off’ of reasons on her hand...funny!

Tammie | 3014 comments Hey Louise...I’m almost finished...will hold off on more remarks until I know where you are in the book.
I know you are from the UK...did you happen to have any first hand experience with the royal wedding? It’s been all the news here in the U.S.

Louise | 2779 comments Hi Tammie, started this before bed last night, I love BDB series. It is funny especially as Silas is so obviously standing behind Ivie as she's ticking off her list, and the Tinder reference is hilarious.

Watched the wedding on the TV it was lovely. Harry was so obviously nervous. It was nice to see so many elements of Meghan's heritage incorporated into the service. Beautifully done

Louise | 2779 comments I think Ivie is great, I love her honest attitude and says exactly what is on her mind. Can't help but feel that the job she didn't get is related to Silas going away!

Tammie | 3014 comments I love the bring Silas home to meet the family chapter!(view spoiler)

Louise | 2779 comments OMG yeah, that was funny and then ganging up on Ivie. To think they were leaving after dessert 🙂

message 10: by Tammie (last edited May 20, 2018 10:53AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 3014 comments Silas knew just how to get on Ivies’s dad’s good graces by supporting her moving to the Country. I loved how they totally ganged up on Ivie after that...it stays true toward the end as well.

I’m waiting to finish hoping we’ll get done together so we can discuss it all...let me know where you are next Post..

Louise | 2779 comments Well I think I've found the most poignant part when Rebus comes to fetch Ivie, because she needs her own Oak. That actually brought a tear to my eye. Just shows that we all need someone to lean on.

Louise | 2779 comments OMG I finished this on my way into work this morning. So intense.

Tammie | 3014 comments When did you realize Silas was sick? I started wondering when he stood her up...but I thought is was going to be something like an accident with a lesser or something like that.

I actually cried during this one...I’m not much of a crier but this really got to me...my mom died of an incurable disease...it was so hard to watch.

Louise | 2779 comments I suspected it when Silas stood her up and there was no contact, but when Rebus came to fetch her I kinda guessed as much. Yes this one was a crying one for me. I think the author handled a very difficult subject in a tasteful and well thought out way, so often it comes across as haphazard or something to shy away from.

I'm glad they got their HEA though.

Tammie | 3014 comments Louise wrote: "I suspected it when Silas stood her up and there was no contact, but when Rebus came to fetch her I kinda guessed as much. Yes this one was a crying one for me. I think the author handled a very di..."

Me too...I thought the author did an exceptional job. As I've read this entire series...getting reading to start the next too...it's such a breath of fresh air that an author can continue to right a series for such a long period and still come up with different/new plots.

We have another buddy read for The Thief starting on Wednesday-ish...if you want to join!
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Louise | 2779 comments Tempting but I'm only on The Shadows

Tammie | 3014 comments Louise wrote: "Tempting but I'm only on The Shadows"

No problem...you right to wait...must read in order!

Louise | 2779 comments Yes, I'm normally one for jumping in and picking up books that fit challenges even if they are out of sync, but with BDB I took it under advisement to read in series order.