Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

The Thief (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #16)
This topic is about The Thief
Previous BRs - Authors; U - Z > Ward, J. R- The Thief- informal buddy read starts May 23, 2018

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31610 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss The Thief by J.R. Ward.

Synopsis
New enemies rise from the shadows in the next novel of the New York Times bestselling paranormal romance series the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Having allied themselves with the Band of Bastards, the Brotherhood is committed now more than ever to eradicating the Lessening Society. Recovering from their most recent battle against the last of the lessers, the Brotherhood comes to realize that the fight against their enemies is far from over.

Throe, Xcor’s former second in command, is using an ancient tome to summon a new army engineered by a force more dangerous and evil than the Omega.

And now the brothers of the Black Dagger Brotherhood will be tested both at home and on the battlefield

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

res

Tammie | 3010 comments The plan is to start around the 23...however we have Lisa indicating the 31st is better...please chime in on the date change if that's OK. I'm still waiting for the library...so I'm sure I could make the 31st work.

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4629 comments I have the book, so any start date is good with me.

message 6: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited May 17, 2018 05:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5337 comments If you want to start earlier that's fine, I'll just catch up with you. I've got a long plane flight on the 31st and I've been saving it till then, makes the time go so much faster. It's been a struggle to hold off though, LOL.

PS I'm on team Luna Lovegood.

Vanessa | 24 comments I'm hoping to get the book from the library within the next few days - 2nd in queue :)

message 8: by Tammie (last edited May 18, 2018 10:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 3010 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "If you want to start earlier that's fine, I'll just catch up with you. I've got a long plane flight on the 31st and I've been saving it till then, makes the time go so much faster. It's been a stru..."

OK...sounds great Lisa! Lets go ahead and start on the 23rd... :)
Team Minerva M

Tammie | 3010 comments What is your favorite BDB Character?

I've love most all but I think my fav is Rhage. Both of the books about him have been some of my favorite reads. Such a well developed character and his struggles, even though PNR, were something I could easily relate to.

Tammie | 3010 comments It's almost been too long for Assail's story...I'm getting caught up and trying to remember the details. So far so good...enjoying it and there is a new threat...so far no one's figured out what it is...I've just started chapter 19...

message 11: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited May 24, 2018 12:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5337 comments Ooh, Tammie, can't wait to start but not till next Thursday, can't wait to get on that plane, LOL.

Favourite character... that's a tough one. Probably John Mathew. But my favourite book is definitely the third with Zsadist and Bella. Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward

Tammie | 3010 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Ooh, Tammie, can't wait to start but not till next Thursday, can't wait to get on that plane, LOL.

Favourite character... that's a tough one. Probably John Mathew. But my favourite book is definit..."

No worries...I think I’ll pause here at least until someone else checks in...

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5337 comments Bag packed... and book ready. Heading off tomorrow so I'll be able to start chatting.

Tammie | 3010 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Bag packed... and book ready. Heading off tomorrow so I'll be able to start chatting."

Sounds good Lisa...I'll send reminders to the others just in case...they've likely decided on something else. I'm ahead of you, so I'll wait until your post...I'm about 1/2 done at this point. I'm really enjoying it!

Vanessa | 24 comments Hi all - I'm up to chapter 45. It's been a great read so far!

message 16: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited May 31, 2018 05:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5337 comments Finished it in one sitting on the plane. Not too many books I could do that without taking a break.

I love the BDB, it's more than a series to me, twice a year I am able to immerse myself in this world and believe these characters are real.

This one wasn't the best in the series much more mellow than action packed and set up quite a few more books .Doesn't matter though as it takes me to my happy place I'll chat spoilers when more of you are finished.

Tammie | 3010 comments I’m very close to done as well.
I’ve been waiting to see what happened with Assail and Sola...I’m in chap 54 and from what I just read, it sounds like Muhrder might be next. I believe that will be a very good one.

I think Victoria makes a pretty good villain. She’s not at all likeable and she’s prett ruthless.

I’ve enjoyed the multiple stories, a routine I do appreciate in Wards books.

I can see how Vishous and Beth would be prone to issues. But don’t understand why Vishous took the easy way out early in this book...it seems like it would have been easier to at least confront Jane with her work schedule.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5337 comments I think it was trying to show even when two people really love each other stuff can get in the way. Careers, commitments, etc and not talking about it or just trying to ignore it can put strain even on the best of relationships. Niggles turn into resentments... Real life stuff.

Tammie | 3010 comments I’m remembering it becoming known in the last book that Lassiter (view spoiler)
I love a happy ending...love that Sola defended ‘her man.’

message 20: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited Jun 01, 2018 01:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5337 comments Tammie, I think us readers knew but not the characters in the book.

I was wondering (view spoiler)

Which characters are we looking forward to getting major page time in upcoming books? Mine is Jo Early and I also want Luchas to recover and have a HEA after all that he's been through. Mmm, maybe them together? The only book I didn't like in the series was Phury and Cormia so it would be great if we had some more about them too.

Tammie | 3010 comments I completely agree on Sola...you've said it much better here...a human that can keep up with the BDB and their counterparts!...very well done I think although somewhat gruesome.

Re Characters...I agree! I would add De la Cruz to the list...I just wonder if he'll be a big part of the next book because of the 'evidence' that's come to be known in this one.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 5337 comments Tammie wrote: "I completely agree on Sola...you've said it much better here...a human that can keep up with the BDB and their counterparts!...very well done I think although somewhat gruesome.

Re Characters...I..."

Yes, I really like him as a character. (view spoiler)

Tammie | 3010 comments Yep...that would be a great scenario

Vanessa | 24 comments Tammie wrote: "I’m remembering it becoming known in the last book that Lassiter [spoilers removed]
I love a happy ending...love that Sola defended ‘her man.’"

I'd completely forgotten about that Lassiter reveal in the last book!

Nikki the Sapphired Book Dragon AKA NixieNut  (sapphireddragon) | 1360 comments So I am more than a little late to this thread but anyone interested in reading this now?

April | 200 comments I'm reading it now. I also hope others want to join

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lover Awakened (other topics)
The Thief (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.R. Ward (other topics)