Panels (100+ Graphics Novel Challenge) discussion

Manga GOTM 2019 > June GoTM : Superpowers (heroes)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fyre.Katz (last edited May 17, 2018 06:35AM) (new)

Fyre.Katz (fyrekatz) | 249 comments Mod
So this has won for this month, and I bet you horror will next month, but I'll make sure to add it to the next poll... so what will ya'll be reading?

message 2: by k (new)

k | 3 comments Just joined this group.
Since it's superpowers, I'd have to binge on Tiger & Bunny, and also One Punch Man.... maybe.
Hopefully I'll have time tho... it's pretty tough because I have school rn and the finals are coming up.

No idea if supernatural manga count, like Jojo or Natsume Yuujinchou but I'm reading those two series at the same time. Feels like years trying to finish a manga series.

message 3: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 224 comments asuka wrote: "Just joined this group.
Since it's superpowers, I'd have to binge on Tiger & Bunny, and also One Punch Man.... maybe.
Hopefully I'll have time tho... it's pretty tough because I have school rn and..."

FK has Platinum End, Vol. 1 on her list for the month so Jojo stuff would be right I imagine but Natsume Yuujinchou is more about yokai being controlled then super powers so I would suggest The Birth of Kitaro because he is born with many yokai powers and its a classic. :)

message 4: by Fyre.Katz (new)

Yup I figured that someone being given powers... like the one I read was an angel giving a human wings and arrows that do stuff would work out... like superpowers (heroes) and also I was throwing like magic too... hope that's oh k :) And also welcome to the group!

Doc wrote: "asuka wrote: "Just joined this group.
Hopefully I'll have time tho... it's pretty tough because I have..."

message 5: by k (new)

k | 3 comments Ahh I see. Yeah that's true lol I'll try that. Thanks btw. Might google up some super power manga lol, there's definitely a lot out there that I've never read.

message 6: by Fyre.Katz (new)

Good Luck!

asuka wrote: "Ahh I see. Yeah that's true lol I'll try that. Thanks btw. Might google up some super power manga lol, there's definitely a lot out there that I've never read."

message 7: by Doc (new)

Doc (docpersona) | 224 comments Might I suggest Erased, Volume 1 The main character is launched backwards in time to solve problems around him but he can't contro lthe ability. One day his mother is murdered and he is blamed for it thanks the machinations of the real murderer. Wanting to go back in time willingly to save his mother he is sent much farther back in time to when he was only 9 years old and a series of kidnapping/murders has yet to occur. Find out what a 29 year old in a 11 year old body can do to try to save the children. :)

Each book is about 30 dollars if anyone plans to buy them and have hardcovers as well as nice sized pages. The main story concludes in 4 volumes for the main story and there is a 5th coming out (cheaper then the main ones)dealing with people outside of the normal flow of the story. Also being a Yen Press book qualifies it for the sale. :) https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/yen-...