Start by marking “Erased, Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Erased, Volume 1

Erased, Volume 1

(Erased Omnibus #1)

Twenty-nine-year-old Satoru Fujinuma is floundering through life. Amid his daily drudgery, he finds himself in the grip of an incredible, inexplicable, and uncontrollable phenomenon that rewinds time, a condition that seems to only make his drab life worse. But then, one day, everything changes. A terrible incident forever changes Satoru's life as he knows it...and with it ...more
Published February 21st 2017 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about Erased, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erased, Volume 1

Raeleen Lemay
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finished my first BTAT 2017 book! This completes the challenge "read a book about somebody completely different from you"!
Lauren
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Miriam
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic, memory
Very interesting contrast, reading this and "A Distant Neighborhood" on the same weekend.
Annoyingly, they share the abrupt ending of volume 1 as well as the concept of returning to your childhood self to live over the experience.
Skye Kilaen
Mini-review: Time-travel crime manga, completely engrossing, how had I never read this before?! Seriously, y'all, it's so good! I couldn't put it down until I got to the end of the series. Content warnings: child abuse, murder, probably some other stuff.
Willow L
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
i've already seen the anime so it was absolutely wonderful to immerse myself into this world and story again as it's one of my favourites.
Yon Nyan (BiblioNyan)
**Please note: These are my first impressions of the manga series.**
Erased by Kei Sanbe is a seinen, crime thriller manga series that has been adapted into both an anime and a Japanese live-action. I watched the anime first while it was simulcasting a couple of years ago, and then watched the live-action about a month or so ago on Netflix. The story really intrigued me, and I felt it was one of the better crime mysteries that I had seen in a long time. One of my goals for the summer is to r
Erin
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, mystery, fantasy
Erased is a mystery, thriller manga that follows Satoru Fujinuma who is trying to break into the manga world and working as a pizza delivery boy in the meantime. But, he also experiences what he calls the "Revival" when he will live the same moment of time over again until he can stop something bad from happening. Revival ends up sending him farther than it has before, it sends him back 18 years. He soon figures out his mission is to stop one of his classmates, Kayo Hinazuki, from being kidnappe ...more
kenzie may (hiatus, mostly)
*actual rating 3.5

I don't love this, but I didn't dislike it either. it was a cool concept though, and I will be reading the next two
Damaris M
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
entertaining and intriguing. Really enjoyed it and can't wait to read the next one.
Sarah Baker
What is this Book About?: 29 year old Satoru Fujinuma is struggling. He works part-time delivering pizzas and keeps trying to sell his manga, with no luck. Never socially adept, his only friend as a child was a young man named Jun Shiratori, who is later blamed for the murder of three children. As a result, Shiratori is on death row, awaiting his final days. Oh yeah, Fujinuma also has something he calls Revival - a power that sends him back in time to stop bad things from happening to other peop ...more
BookishStitcher
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great first start to this series. The idea behind these books is very interesting. I haven't seen the Netflix show yet.
Anatl
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I am coming to this fresh from the live action series and the adaptation was wonderfully spot on that it felt like I was re-watching the series. I cannot recommend this enough, it reminded me a bit of one of my favorite movies The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
Michelle
What if you had the chance to go back in time and change the course of the future? Satoru Fujinuma gets the opportunity to do so almost every day. Except for, for him, it's always small leaps in time (which he calls ‘Revivals’) - maybe 10-15 minutes or so to give him the chance to wake a driver who's had a stroke and is unconscious at the wheel, for example.

When Satoru and his mother witness a man attempt to a kidnap a child, Satoru's reminded of a classmate who was abducted and murdered when he
Danielle
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wanted to read this before watching the Netflix series and was pleasantly surprised by it. I really enjoy time travel stories and this has quite a unique premise and is definitely one of the more mature manga’s I’ve read in awhile. There are no battles, magic schools or supernatural creatures to be had here and that is okay and is actually a refreshing thing to read in the manga format. The mystery and how it was all going to unfold kept me turning pages and had me thinking about it even when ...more
Lauren
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
So I haven’t read many manga comic stories,or whatever you want to call them, before so I am still new to the style of writing but I felt this took awhile for the story to kick in. By the middle of the book though things started to pick up a little and I must say I will read the next one to see where the cliffhanger leads.

The idea of someone going back in tome to try and change things is always an interesting plot when written well. The fact that terrible event happened in his past and he has su
Scott
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Before I say what I’m about to say, you need to understand that I am a person who doesn’t give a shit about manga and has been very resistant to try the genre. I basically assume it is printed anime, and I have a very hard time getting into anime.

So ok, now you know.

But this book is amazing. Everyone should read it. I’ve only read this first volume so far, and I do not believe I will stop thinking about it for a long time.
Lexi
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. At first I was thrown off by Satoru’s pessimism/negativity but as the story went on and he changed I liked him much more. I enjoyed the twists and surprises and I’m so excited to continue reading the series. I felt that I connected with this more than any other graphic novel, possibly because of the childhood nostalgia mixed with dark themes—which I think are portrayed in an accurate & interesting way. Definitely recommend giving this one a try.
Darby
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I love the show very much. Can't wait for my local library to get the other volumes of this so I can read the manga ^-^
Nattapan
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: japanese-manga
Very imaginative, poignant and creepy.

P.S. Its series is quite good too.
Domini Phillips ~My Bookish Friends~
SO GOOD!!! If I could give more stars I surely would. Officially book hung over!
Shannon
My daughter let me borrow her copy of Erased and I really enjoyed it. It's an intriguing story, and I'm curious to know what happens next!
Chris
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I can’t remember the last time I was this into any manga series.
Erica
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This manga is so good. That’s all I’m going to say, I seriously suggest you read it.
Hannah Heath
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full Constant Collectible review here: https://constantcollectible.com/2017/...

This is the kind of story that, when over, leaves you staring blankly at a wall, wondering how you’re supposed to move on. This story is the full range of human emotion painted onto 384 pages in a beautiful, gut-wrenching display.

Love. Despair. Gratitude. Pain. Friendship. Guilt. Ambition. Defeat.

Hope.

The characters in this story are heartrenching. We have Satoru: The boy who cares too much even though he once didn’t
ダンカン
Jul 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mangas, read-but-sold
Mangas have been a medium of many good stories. From family, romance, comedy, drama to fantasy, science fiction, horror and thriller mystery, it takes a good writer and an artist to craft out an interesting plot to keep the readers kept up following a series. While there are many well-known titles in the market that commonly in love with around the world (like Naruto, Bleach, Dragonball or even Doraemon),there are some titles that is under the radar that is good, that is worth reading. One of th ...more
Selena
This is different.

Erased follows the story of a 29-year-old man who can't really remember portions of his childhood. The adults in his life pushed him to suppress those memories because of some grisly murders that occurred. He has an ability he calls "Revival" that sends him back a few minutes into the past, and after something crazy happens in his present day, he ends up flung into his childhood to that fateful time.

Satoru, the main character, has an interesting perspective. He's a (failed) man
Derek
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first half of Erased was slow. The saving grace was that it felt like it was slowly building up some grand story (and I would say it was). The characters and Satoru Fujinuma's "revival" abilities were interesting. The art was decent. I've seen better but I did like it.

The second half of this volume was when things really picked up. In fact, I would give five stars to the second half of this volume. The story had a good pace, interesting things were happening, and I really liked some of the i
Shawna (BacchusVines)
1/5/19
I'm not sure if the re-reading made this manga more enjoyable the second time around, but I had a blast! I'm going to finish this series out this year c:

12/6/17
I like mysteries. I like murders. I like mysteries with murder (+ sci-fi twists).

It took me getting through the first volume to become solely hooked onto the mystery of whom is killing these children. I just love the idea of going back constantly until you solve the mystery.
Rod Brown
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
It took me a little while to warm up to it, but this nifty little time travel/serial killer thriller really sucked me in. I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment.
Emily
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
That was so good!!! I absolutely love this story and can't wait to read the other volumes!
Anime Simulcast: This topic has been closed to new comments. Chapters 1 - 3 1 3 Jun 08, 2018 09:02PM
Anime Simulcast: This topic has been closed to new comments. Chapters 4 - 6 1 1 Jun 08, 2018 09:02PM
Anime Simulcast: This topic has been closed to new comments. Chapters 7 - 9 1 1 Jun 08, 2018 09:01PM
Anime Simulcast: This topic has been closed to new comments. Chapters 10 - 12 1 2 Jun 08, 2018 09:00PM
Josei and Seinen ...: Erased 3 12 Jun 03, 2017 05:12PM

• Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, Volume 7 (Princess Jellyfish 2-in-1 Omnibus, #7)
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 2
  • 甘々と稲妻 3 [Amaama to Inazuma 3] (Sweetness and Lightning, #3)
  • A Boy and a Girl
  • 約束のネバーランド 3 [Yakusoku no Neverland 3] (The Promised Neverland, #3)
  • My Beijing: Four Stories of Everyday Wonder
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 4 [Bungō Stray Dogs 4]
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 2 (A Bride's Story, #2)
  • The Case of the Fire Inside (Bad Machinery, #5)
  • よつばと! 13 (Yotsuba&! #13)
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Academy

Erased Omnibus (5 books)
  • Erased, Volume 2
  • Erased, Volume 3
  • Erased, Volume 4
  • Erased: Re - Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (Erased, #9)