What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

City of Masks (Stravaganza, #1)
This topic is about City of Masks
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA, fantasy, girl who goes to another world by sleeping. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aviva (new)

Aviva | 3 comments I read this book about 6 years ago i think, may have been a trilogy. it's about a girl who can experience another reality when she sleeps, but she has to keep an item from her world on her or she can never go back. i think she plays the violin (pretty sure the book starts with her going back home from her violin class but it's possible that i'm getting mixed up), there's also something with her waking up in some stables with a kid jumping around her and a woman who gives her "something appropriate" to wear because she's wearing pants and that's weird in the world she wakes up to. also, i think there's a parts where she's in love with two different guys from the two different worlds and she doesn't know if it's considered cheating or not because to each other they don't exist. i also think her family thinks she's in a coma when she's visiting the other world and she's afraid that if she dies in that world she'll also die in the first one.
there's also something about a rose i think but that's basically all i can remember.
if anyone can help- i greatly appreciate it!

message 3: by Aviva (new)

Aviva | 3 comments Strawberri Mystery wrote: "List of dream books
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8..."

i can't find it on there.. thanks though!

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 6 comments I read a book with a similar theme called The Girl In Between .. Maybe that's it?

message 5: by Trillian (new) - added it

Trillian | 77 comments Maybe Charlotte Sometimes? Charlotte Sometimes  by Penelope Farmer

message 6: by Jean (new) - added it

Jean Edwards | 4 comments Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman

message 7: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 36516 comments Mod
Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman - Jean's suggestion

message 8: by Jamie (last edited May 14, 2018 04:18PM) (new)

Jamie Dacyczyn (readsintrees) | 273 comments Passenger , by Alexandra Bracken involves time travel, and begins with her violin performance before she passes out and wakes up aboard a ship.

message 9: by Aviva (new)

Aviva | 3 comments Jean wrote: "Stravaganza series by Mary Hoffman"

oh my god!!! yes i think it's city of stars, thank you so much!