What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Haunted (The Arnaud Legacy, #1)
This topic is about Haunted
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 3-book series. Californian family inherits mansion in Paris. Weird things happen after they move into cursed house. Around 1800's, Madame who lived there drank people's blood with a silver straw to keep herself alive. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Heather Galloway | 3 comments I read a 3 part book series. I can’t remember the names of them or the author. Each book had a different name but they were all a part of a series. The book was about a family that lived in California and inherited a mansion in Paris and After the girl does the family decides to move to the house in Paris. After they move in weird things start to happen. The community doesn’t want them to move in bc they think the house is cursed. Back in like the 1800’s the Madaam that lived there would drink people’s blood with a silver straw. That is what kept her alive. She starts stalking the family which turns out to be some of her kin. The daughter that died is a ghost and she is trying to save her little sister from becoming a victim of the madame. She and another guy and a maid that used to work for the madame ... which are all ghost, start to plot a way to get rid of her (madame) by drowning her in a Pond.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40654 comments Mod
Heather, please read the group pointers/rules at the top of the group homepage - which explain what to put in your header.

We also need to know when you read the book.

message 3: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Do you remember if this series could be described as gothic suspense?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36591 comments Mod
Heather, I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to edit it using the desktop website, not the mobile app.

Heather Galloway | 3 comments I am all new to this. I just couldn’t remember the series and was desperate and stumbled upon this app and this group. So I’m just learning how to do this. I don’t remember what genre it was actually labeled as. I read the series last year but failed to write down the author and Titles.

Heather Galloway | 3 comments Found it! Thank you to the one who mentioned gothic suspense. I googled gothic suspense and searched the images and found it there. Recognized the name immediately.

Lynn Carthage-author
Haunted-title of first book

message 7: by El (last edited May 09, 2018 10:50AM) (new)

El | 502 comments Haunted for the click.

ETA: Betrayed and Avenged are the other books in the series, if that helps anyone in the future.