A Stitcher's Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > What'd you read in May?!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eden (last edited Jun 01, 2018 08:55AM) (new)

Eden | 839 comments Mod
Last month we read 62 books!!! We surpassed our goal!
Can we do it again?!?!

The Velvet Hours by Alyson Richman Speak No Evil by Uzodinma Iweala The Healer's Apprentice (Hagenheim, #1) by Melanie Dickerson The Merchant's Daughter (Hagenheim, #2) by Melanie Dickerson Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2) by C.C. Hunter Marlborough Man by Alan Carter Keep Me Safe (Slow Burn, #1) by Maya Banks Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3) by C.C. Hunter Whispers at Moonrise (Shadow Falls, #4) by C.C. Hunter Desert Flame by Janine Grey The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson The Fairest Beauty (Hagenheim, #3) by Melanie Dickerson Fatal Destiny (Fatal, #3.5) by Marie Force Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer Nimona by Noelle Stevenson Memory Man (Amos Decker, #1) by David Baldacci Taken (Elvis Cole, #15; Joe Pike, #4) by Robert Crais Manhunt (Michael Bennett, #10.5) by James Patterson Death by Didgeridoo (Jamie Quinn Mystery #1) by Barbara Venkataraman A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) by Joanne Fluke Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Only Human (Themis Files, #3) by Sylvain Neuvel Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima The Vatican Princess A Novel of Lucrezia Borgia by C.W. Gortner Enigma (FBI Thriller, #21) by Catherine Coulter The Tudor Secret (The Spymaster Chronicles, #1) by C.W. Gortner The Queen's Vow A Novel of Isabella of Castile by C.W. Gortner Live Fearless A Call to Power, Passion, and Purpose by Sadie Robertson

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Garrette (bendystitchy) | 34 comments Look at us GO!! I just finished The Velvet Hours and it was SO good! very sumptuous novel that engaged all of my senses.

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 366 comments Just finished @Speak No Evil by Uzodinma Iweala. I seem to be choosing sad books lately completely by accident. Very sad, but really well written and I love the style where half the book of from one character’s point of view and the other half from another character. Five stars.

message 4: by Teresa (last edited May 09, 2018 01:19AM) (new)

Teresa (sweettreads) | 87 comments The Healer's Apprentice and The Merchant's Daughter both by Melanie Dickerson

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. Just because I'm not huge on romance. But I like it enough to read the rest of the series

Awake at Dawn by C.C. Hunter 4 out of 5 stars

message 6: by E.J. (new)

E.J. | 9 comments I just read Keep Me Safe by Maya Banks. Two thumbs way down. I didn’t like her, him or the story.

message 7: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (sweettreads) | 87 comments Taken at Dusk and Whispers at Moonrise both by C.C. Hunter both books are 4 out of 5 stars

message 8: by Jenny (last edited May 23, 2018 11:15PM) (new)

message 9: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (sweettreads) | 87 comments The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson 4.5 out of 5 stars

The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson 3 out of 5 stars but that is just because I don't like romance. I'm going to finish this series because it is good, it's just not something I would rave about because it has a little bit to much mushy stuff.

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 366 comments Read Scarlet, the sequel to Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I really like this series. This one was much more fast paced and I’m looking forward to the next one. I also read Ninoma by Noelle Stevenson. It’s a graphic novel which is way out of my comfort zone. I thought it was weird but ok.

message 13: by Eden (last edited May 29, 2018 09:38AM) (new)

Eden | 839 comments Mod
I've finished

Death by Didgeridoo and A Darker Shade of Magic

I ended up really enjoying A Darker Shade of Magic. It took me forever to get into, but the last half was amazing!!

Death by Didgeridoo was cute. I enjoyed it, and it was a quick read. It was maybe just a little too fast though. That's my only complaint.

message 14: by Eden (new)

Eden | 839 comments Mod
And I just finished listening to Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder

Such a cute cozy mystery series! I loved it!

message 15: by Keri (new)

Keri Phillips  | 167 comments Ok. Here is my list for May!

Outlander - Gets 4 stars. I love this one and have read it 3-4 times. Very graphic and violent , but still love it.

Only Human - 3 stars. Disappointing ending to this series. Seemed more of an indictment of social injustice than the end to a sci-fi series.

Children of Blood and Bone - Totally a 5 star read. Love this one and can't wait to read the next installment. Highly recommend the audiobook.

The Demon King - 5 stars. Had no idea what to expect when I started this one and I already have book 2 from the library.

The Vatican Princess: A Novel of Lucrezia Borgia - This was utterly fascinating. 5 stars. If you like Philippa Gregory, get this one.

Enigma - I love Catherine Coulter and this one didn't disappoint. 4 stars.

The Tudor Secret - 4 stars. Loved this one. Had much more artistic license and fiction than a Philippa Gregory. I already have the 2nd one ready to go :)

The Queen's Vow: A Novel of Isabella of Castile - Can't remember if I gave it 4 or 5 stars, but I loved this one. Very much like a Philippa Gregory and it focused on a Queen I didn't know a ton about.

Been a BUSY month - LOL

message 16: by Eden (new)

Eden | 839 comments Mod
Last night I finished Live Fearless: A Call to Power, Passion, and Purpose. A good motivational book. 4/5 stars

message 17: by Dana (new)

Dana | 156 comments Mod
Okay, back tracking a bit here since ive been a tad awol (sorry about that)

Dreams of Gods & Monsters ⭐⭐⭐
Annihilation ⭐⭐⭐⭐
On the Road ⭐⭐⭐
The Diary of a Young Girl ⭐⭐
Alice, the Player ⭐⭐⭐
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Printer's Devil Court ⭐⭐⭐
King George VI: A Life From Beginning to End ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charlotte's Web ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Joseph Stalin: A Life From Beginning to End ⭐⭐⭐
Authority ⭐⭐⭐⭐

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.