YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Bilbao (S)- Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,087 (2087 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 41 42

message 1: by Andy (last edited Mar 24, 2018 10:21PM) (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Team Bilbao:
Maddison ✔
Velina ✔
Shae ✔
Andrea ✔
Cinthia ✔
Kelly ✔

Please check in before April 1st!

Review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments I have a google spreadsheet set up so once everyone is checked in I'll send it out

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments I’m here. :)

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Hi Kelly!!

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments Hi ! I don’t know anyone here yet so I’m excited to begin the challenge.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments That's not a problem! Let us know if you have any questions and we can help you out as you go :)

message 7: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Just got out of work. Glad to see the teams are up. What does our team name mean?

message 8: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments They're all cities in Spain! I'll check you in once I'm home. Going on a bourbon distillery tour

message 9: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Ummm yum. Have fun. 😋

message 10: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments Hi there! 😊

message 11: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments Andrea wrote: "I have a google spreadsheet set up so once everyone is checked in I'll send it out"

Awesome! You did a spreadsheet already? That's hard work!

message 12: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments I'm excited to be on a team with all of you!description

I have seen that you are a very fast reader, Andrea! From all the stalking of other teams I usually do!😝

message 13: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments Cards:
(1)**52. Yellow 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the yellow cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
---40. Yellow Nine - 'Yellow 9' - Read books whose titles contain the word 'dead' or 'man' (for 'Dead Man's Cigarettes') (letters must appear in order, but can be part of other words, such as; undead, deadly, romance, woman, talisman, manners.)
---35. Yellow Four - 'Yellow 4' - Read books with a female main character.
(2)**5. Blue Four - 'The Blue Four' - Read books with guitars (or other musical instruments) on the cover or in the title (This list might help Guitars on Cover), or read books by author's named 'Chris', 'James', 'Patrick', or 'Rynn'. (These names can also make up part of the author's name, for example 'Christine Warren' ) (These names can be either first name or last name.)
(3)**29. Red Eight - 'RedEight' - Read books which contain the word 'fin' as part of their title. (for finance) (letters must appear in order, but can be part of words such as; fine, infinity, find, finding, final, Serafina, finally, finish etc.)
(4)**20. Green Nine - 'Acid Green 9' - Read books with something green on the cover (eg: green dress - Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #3) by Kerstin Gier, green trees - Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater, green apple Tear You Apart (Beau Rivage, #2) by Sarah Cross green leaf The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1) by C.J. Redwine), or read books by an author with the surname 'Green' (names containing the word 'Green' are also okay, such as 'Greene', 'Greenland', 'Greenwich')
(5)**6. Blue Five - 'Blue 5' - Read books with the letters 'A', 'R', and 'T' in the title (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.) (Examples of words which contain 'A', 'R', and 'T' are, heart, earth, part, start, Charlotte, great, shatter, desperate, katherine, star, wrath, and generation.).

Our cards, they are good ones I think! I already have Thunderhead for the Blue five category. Only can't think of books for the 2)**5. Blue Four - 'The Blue Four'

message 14: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments Have you all seen the cards? :) I’ve updated my tbr to have a better idea of what I might read.

message 15: by Velina (new)

Velina Pencheva | 851 comments They are posted in the review thread, Kelly

message 16: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments Velina wrote: “They are posted in the review thread, Kelly”

I know, I was just wondering what you thought of them. I hadn’t seen your post yet. Sorry about that !

I might read Thunderhead as well (I just have to start and finish Scythe in march first ^^).

(Btw, I wanted to apologize to you all in advance if I misunderstand something you say and vice versa during the challenge since I’m french.)

message 17: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Kelly wrote: "Velina wrote: “They are posted in the review thread, Kelly”

I know, I was just wondering what you thought of them. I hadn’t seen your post yet. Sorry about that !

I might read Thunderhead as wel..."

Oh man I wish I spoke more french!

message 18: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments So I don't have anything planned yet but I will start planning this weekend :)

message 19: by Kelly (last edited Mar 23, 2018 01:04PM) (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments I have four BRs planned for now :

BLUE 5 : Between the Blade and the Heart (Valkyrie, #1) by Amanda Hocking 04/02
GREEN 9 : The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1) by Melinda Salisbury 04/05
RED 8 : Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta 04/06 (to be confirmed)
BLUE 4 : This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab 04/07

message 20: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Okay I've sent out the spreadsheet to Cinthia and Velina. Will put the Cards in now as well

message 21: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments I love spreadsheets!!!

message 22: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments So I’m not much of a planner. I just like jumping in so I’ll prob just jump in on whatever books anyone is reading and BR it.

message 23: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments I'll look through audiobooks in a bit but I think I'll start with Wild Magic and take all of Yellow Four so that we can get that category completed :)

message 24: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments Great ! Also, I love the spreadsheet.

I’m sorry if I took too many slots ? If I’m bothering you by taking one you want, just let me know and I’ll back off, ahah. I’m just excited for the challenge and I will have a lot more time to read in april than these past few months.

message 25: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Kelly wrote: "Great ! Also, I love the spreadsheet.

I’m sorry if I took too many slots ? If I’m bothering you by taking one you want, just let me know and I’ll back off, ahah. I’m just excited for the challeng..."

No I think you're good!! We can always move things around after they are posted too

message 26: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Cinthia I saw you were planning a BR for The Librarian of Auschwitz by Antonio Iturbe and I found a version with a green dress so I added that to the spreadsheet
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 27: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5728 comments Sounds like a plan. I’m will add to the spreadsheet when I get a chance.

message 28: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (maddisonbruce) | 46572 comments Mod
HI GUYS!! I saw my team and I was like :D :D :D :D Over the moon happy! We're totally gonna rock this challenge!

So Velina, Shae and I are all planning on reading the same books next month, so if there's a category that fits our books we'll be right XD We're reading Throne of Glass and Red Queen. I've also got some other books to fit in (Strange the Dreamer, Another Faust, Lies of Locke Lamora, Knife of Never Letting Go). I'll just be winging my audios :) Probably a bunch of Nicholas Sparks. But my audios will be the flexible ones to fit challenges. I'll go up now and look at the tasks :D

message 29: by Maddie (new)

Yellow Four - Throne of Glass
That's the only obvious one I have for the start of the month.. I could do a Blue Four if I moved Knife of Never Letting Go forwards (Patrick Ness author).

I'll definitely be figuring out the other books I can listen to audio when I get back from work in 9.5 hours. Really wish I didn't have work! It always gets in the way. But then so does uni XD Everything gets in the way of me time.

message 30: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Maddison wrote: "HI GUYS!! I saw my team and I was like :D :D :D :D Over the moon happy! We're totally gonna rock this challenge!

So Velina, Shae and I are all planning on reading the same books next month, so if ..."

I was waiting for you to get on lmao. I'll send you the spreadsheet

message 31: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Also these are the current cards:

Cards:
(1)**52. Yellow 'Draw Two' - Get two new categories instead of one! Both categories will be from the yellow cards, and will be chosen using random.org.
---40. Yellow Nine - 'Yellow 9' - Read books whose titles contain the word 'dead' or 'man' (for 'Dead Man's Cigarettes') (letters must appear in order, but can be part of other words, such as; undead, deadly, romance, woman, talisman, manners.)
---35. Yellow Four - 'Yellow 4' - Read books with a female main character.

(2)**5. Blue Four - 'The Blue Four' - Read books with guitars (or other musical instruments) on the cover or in the title (This list might help Guitars on Cover), or read books by author's named 'Chris', 'James', 'Patrick', or 'Rynn'. (These names can also make up part of the author's name, for example 'Christine Warren' ) (These names can be either first name or last name.)

(3)**29. Red Eight - 'RedEight' - Read books which contain the word 'fin' as part of their title. (for finance) (letters must appear in order, but can be part of words such as; fine, infinity, find, finding, final, Serafina, finally, finish etc.)

(4)**20. Green Nine - 'Acid Green 9' - Read books with something green on the cover (eg: green dress - Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #3) by Kerstin Gier, green trees - Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater, green apple Tear You Apart (Beau Rivage, #2) by Sarah Cross green leaf The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1) by C.J. Redwine), or read books by an author with the surname 'Green' (names containing the word 'Green' are also okay, such as 'Greene', 'Greenland', 'Greenwich')

(5)**6. Blue Five - 'Blue 5' - Read books with the letters 'A', 'R', and 'T' in the title (Title must contain all 3 letters, but in any order.) (Examples of words which contain 'A', 'R', and 'T' are, heart, earth, part, start, Charlotte, great, shatter, desperate, katherine, star, wrath, and generation.).

message 32: by Maddie (new)

Thanks!!!

I'm sorry in advance for my slow reading while uni is on. I would have gone medium, apart from the fact that I have a 2-week holiday next month so I'm going to be reading sooo much.

message 33: by Maddie (new)

Wish you weren't on now because I have to go to work and don't want to XD I wanna stay and chat. We haven't been on a team in ages!

message 34: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Maddison wrote: "Yellow Four - Throne of Glass
That's the only obvious one I have for the start of the month.. I could do a Blue Four if I moved Knife of Never Letting Go forwards (Patrick Ness author).

I'll defin..."

I've basically taken up all of Yellow Four since I'm starting April with Wild Magic and the other books of the series. Those are audios so I'm hoping to have them done really quickly

message 35: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Maddison wrote: "Wish you weren't on now because I have to go to work and don't want to XD I wanna stay and chat. We haven't been on a team in ages!"

True!! But go to work lol we can talk later or tomorrow

message 36: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Maddison-- Depending on when you read The Lies of Locke Lamora, we could count it for Yellow nine with this edition
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

OR https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 37: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1373 comments Hi Maddison. It’s nice to meet you ! On a side note… Uni+Work+Reading lots of books ? Color me impressed. :D

message 38: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Kelly wrote: "Hi Maddison. It’s nice to meet you ! On a side note… Uni+Work+Reading lots of books ? Color me impressed. :D"

That's basically my life as well. Grad school is evil ugh

message 39: by Maddie (new)

are we allowed to bank books? Because if you take all of the yellow books then ours won't count.

message 40: by Maddie (new)

But yeah I'll get back to you later tonight with audios I can read

message 41: by Andy (last edited Mar 24, 2018 06:50PM) (new)

Andy | 14311 comments The point is to complete categories as fast as we can to get the most points. So we can read books and if they don't fit just hold them and hope we can put them in a category later that they do fit.

Which books of yours are you starting first?? Because a lot of yours would fit in Blue 5

message 42: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Also we can switch books around as much as we want

message 43: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Kelly- I set up the thread for Finnikin of the rock, should be reset sometime tomorrow: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 44: by Shae (new)

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Checking in :) exciting!!! Sorry been away camping with no reception

message 45: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments No problem! Yay we have everyone now :D
Shae-- I'll link you the spreadsheet once I'm on my computer

message 46: by Maddie (new)

Yeah I haven't properly looked at the tasks haha.

you go for it we gotta be quick pickles next month xD we will be on top with no alaina xD

message 47: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments Maddison wrote: "Yeah I haven't properly looked at the tasks haha.

you go for it we gotta be quick pickles next month xD we will be on top with no alaina xD"

Man I have no idea, I'm worried about some of the other teams like the one with Rae and the one with Jennifer XD

message 48: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14311 comments SO the one library card I use to get like 95% of my audiobooks has just expired and I'm freaking mad and Idk wth I'm going to do now since I started planning and had books on hold through that...

message 49: by Maddie (new)

Oh holy crap! Can't you get another one or renew it??

message 50: by Maddie (new)

That would kill me! I've finished my work for tonight so I'll be able to check out what audios I can read to fill up our tasks :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 41 42
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.