What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Legend (Legend, #1)
This topic is about Legend
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Book about a boy who has to steal a cure from the "Ruby District"-unsure of title or author [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Mar 15, 2018 12:03PM) (new)

Lisa | 4 comments Hello, I have a student who read a book in the past and would like to re-read the book again but he has no idea of the book's title or author. He says the book is about a boy and his family who has the plague. Since the family does not have enough "marks" (currency in the book) he has to try to steal a cure from the rich people in the "Ruby District". He believes the book is part of a series and the book he is describing has a white cover. I would really appreciate help tracking down this book! Thank you!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Lisa--what age was your student when he read the book--elementary, middle or high school? What genre is it, besides YA--sci-fi, fantasy, historical, suspense, mystery, coming of age?

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 4 comments Ann, he is a 9th Grader now and I think he said he had read the book last summer. Judging by what he told me I assume it is a dystopian book.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 4 comments Elizabeth, I will check with him tomorrow to see if that is he book, but I am thinking it’s not :( I appreciate your willingness to help me!

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 4 comments Elizabeth, YOU WERE RIGHT!!! I just checked in with him and showed him "Legend" and he said that it was the book!! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 252 comments I'm so happy! I've read it, hence why it sounded so familiar to me. I'm glad to help!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Legend (other topics)