What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Falcon Quinn and the Black Mirror (Falcon Quinn, #1)
This topic is about Falcon Quinn and the Black Mirror
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book starts with the kids on a bus going to their new school and it turns out to be a school for monsters and people considered to have bad powers. Their rival is a school for people who train to protect humans from them. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn (headintheclouds26) | 4 comments I think it was a three book series but possibly more. The book starts with the kids on a bus going to their new school and it turns out to be a school for monsters and people considered to have bad powers. Their rival is a school for people who train to protect humans from them. The main character is a boy who has a parent in each school. His dad teaches the bad school and has wings, I think and i remember his mom ran the other school and seemed tough and angry. He is in love with a girl who has wind powers or is a wind sprite. At the end of either the second or third book the girl is in air form and gets trapped in a wind mill and the boy doesn't know it. I appreciate any author, series or books you think it is. Thanks!

message 2: by Tris (new) - added it

Tris Crescent | 86 comments I think the book might be Falcon Quinn and the Black Mirror by Jennifer Finney Boylan. As far as I know, there are only two books in this series, Falcon Quinn and the Black Mirror and Falcon Quinn and the Crimson Vapor.

message 3: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn (headintheclouds26) | 4 comments Thank you!!!

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Mar 15, 2018 03:00PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Tris, there is a third book Falcon Quinn and the Bullies of Greenblud. This looks like an interesting series that I'm thinking I'm going to have to see about getting (or at least borrowing from the library.)

edit: Oh dear, am definitely going to have to check it out--Aislinn you were the third person to try to find this series.

message 5: by Tris (new) - added it

Tris Crescent | 86 comments I’m happy I could help!

message 6: by Tris (new) - added it

Tris Crescent | 86 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "Tris, there is a third book Falcon Quinn and the Bullies of Greenblud. This looks like an interesting series that I'm thinking I'm going to have to see about getting (or at least bo..."
I had no idea that there was a third book! I was planning a re-read at some point, and now I'm definitely going to do it!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37833 comments Mod
Plot details added to header. Please always put genre and plot details in your header - it could help your book get solved faster, AND it could help anyone in the future looking for the same book.