What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA paranormal about a key that creates portals, late 2000's or early 2010's, possibly at a boarding school, golden key on cover

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie (sweetpjeb23) | 1 comments I read this book when I was in high school and I've been trying to find it for years. I was either 16 or 17 so this was back in 2011 or 2012. Although, I'm not sure when it was actually published.

Either the main character (or a boy that the main character met) had a gold key on a necklace chain and they could open up portals with it. I can't remember much, which is very frustrating. I'm pretty sure the cover had a large, ornate, golden key on the front, which is what attracted me to the book in the first place, as I had a slight obsession with keys at the time. From what I remember, the edition that I read wasn't the same size as a normal novel. It was a little shorter than most other books.

I THINK the author's last name was somewhere between S and Z just based off of where I remember it being on the library bookshelf. But, like I said, this was 6 or 7 years ago.

I would be so grateful if someone could help me out!

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments A long shot, but The Fetch by Laura Whitcomb? It was published in 2009, the author's last name begins with a W and the cover has a big key on it, which the main characters apparently wears on a chain around his neck and uses to open a portal (judging by the "Look inside" feature on Amazon). It's not that short, though, it has 380 pages, and it's not set in a boarding school.

If that's not it, do you remember anything more? What was the background colour of the cover? Where did the portals go? Is the main character girl or a boy? What time was it set in?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
I don't know if that's your book Julie, but Annamariah's suggestion looks interesting. So, since it's not available as an e-book, I've placed a hold on it in my public library. Now to wait for it to arrive at the branch that's only 5 miles from my house.

message 4: by Spockles (new)

Spockles | 199 comments The Archived by Victoria Schwab?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37833 comments Mod
Julie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Corinne (new)

Corinne (hms_beagle) | 34 comments Could it be The Golden Key by George MacDonald ?