✨ Adults Who Read YA ✨ discussion

Riveted Reading Challenge 2018 > Read a fantasy or science fiction novel with explicitly queer characters

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) | 697 comments Mod
Read a fantasy or science fiction novel with explicitly queer characters

message 2: by Kari (new)

Kari | 32 comments Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore

Actually, a few of the main characters are queer. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore

message 3: by Christina (new)

Space Opera by Catherynne M. Valente

Science Fiction, sort of like Hitchhiker's Guide, and uses terms like "boyfrakk" and discusses loose dating, kissing, and shagging.

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (readinthecorner) | 108 comments Moonstruck, Volume One Magic to Brew (Moonstruck #1) by Grace Ellis

Moonstruck, Volume One: Magic to Brew is an adorable graphic novel that features an array of queer characters. My favorite character is likely Chet, the gender nonconforming centaur.

message 5: by Christina (new)

I saw the cover for this! It reminds me a lot of Kim Reaper (which I just started and am ready for volume 2!) Super cute!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (readinthecorner) | 108 comments Christine wrote: "It reminds me a lot of Kim Reaper (which I just started and am ready for volume 2!) Super cute! "

I looked up Kim Reaper and it seems fantastic! Annnnnd now it's on Hold for me at the library. Thank you for mentioning it!

message 7: by Christina (last edited Jun 12, 2018 02:26PM) (new)