Start by marking “Wild Beauty” as Want to Read:
Wild Beauty

Wild Beauty

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  1,890 Ratings  ·  622 Reviews
Love grows such strange things.

For nearly a century, the Nomeolvides women have tended the grounds of La Pradera, the lush estate gardens that enchant guests from around the world. They’ve also hidden a tragic legacy: if they fall in love too deeply, their lovers vanish. But then, after generations of vanishings, a strange boy appears in the gardens.

The boy is a mystery to
Published October 3rd 2017 by Feiwel Friends

To ask other readers questions about Wild Beauty, please sign up.

Peachy I wouldn't say it's sad... there's some unhappy emotions, but it's not really sad overall.
Ruby While I haven't looked into whether or not this book is planned as a stand alone, it read as a stand alone and the ending wrapped up the story very…moreWhile I haven't looked into whether or not this book is planned as a stand alone, it read as a stand alone and the ending wrapped up the story very nicely, with no loose ends.(less)

softlykaz
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This book should be covered in rose petals and leave a rose petal everywhere it’s been just so everyone knows it’s been there.

I've ascended through several emotional planes of existence reading this book and I have a lot of feelings about it and not enough characters to express them. I literally cannot convey how much I love it but I know reading it was the equivalent of entering a warm room after being out in the cold, of lying in a breezy field with wildflowers and big puffy clouds overhead. I
Melanie

ARC received via #arcsfortrade on Twitter!
(Thank you so much, Kendice! ❤)

“Love grew such strange things.”

La Pradera is a magical garden estate, that is curated by a family of women who are unable to ever leave permanently. The Nomeolvides girls are five grandmothers, who had five daughters, who are the mothers of the five young girls, who this story centers around. This land of La Pradera is both blessed and cursed. Blessed, because all of the women can create life in the form of beautiful
Hailey (HaileyinBookland)
3.5*
Every other review I've seen from people I know of this book have been 5 stars but I just didn't love this book, no matter how much I wanted to. I truly love magical realism, the lyrical writing, the odd topics set in a familiar setting, everything about it just amazes me. Magical realisms are generally slow, and I'm okay with that, I read them with patience and a suspension of disbelief in mind, but this was just way too slow for me. The writing was beautiful, the characters and their famil
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Each spring felt like all of them, not just the gardens, coming back to life. They spent winters giving their flowers to ceramic pots they kept indoors, or pulling snowdrift roses out of patches of land soft enough to grow. But now all of La Pradera was theirs. They had every acre to let out the blooms that had been waiting in their hands all winter.

I have never, never, never read anything more deeply beautiful in my life. I can't review this; something about it just hit me. The characters, th
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
My October Owlcrate Box! It's one of my favorite so far. I will add a link to my blog with close-ups of the things under the picture if you're interested ♥

More Pictures
Cait (Paper Fury)
This story is as lush and gorgeous and aesthetically pleasing as the cover. AHHHH!! Wait. Am I allowed to call a story aesthetically pleasing!? Because holy flowerbeds, peoples, this book is gorgeous. The premise immediately absolutely devoured me: with magical gardens and women who can make flowers grow and finding a strange lost boy hidden in the earth. Absolutely all of that is ME when it comes to books. Besotted by the premise. <3 Not let down at all. <3

Well, actually I admit there are
destiny ☠ howling libraries
Buddy read with the lovely Melanie and Elise! ❤

---

"Things growing just live in us," she said.

I should have reviewed this weeks ago when I finished it, but I didn't know how. This book nestled itself so deep into my heart, and left me speechless every time I tried to put my thoughts down in words. Anna-Marie McLemore is a brilliant, beautiful artist who has painted the most lovely images, and sculpted the most precious lives, in this story.

In this family, broken hearts were passed down like locke
Samantha
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Ishmeen
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 STARS!!

If I could use only one word to describe this book it would be beautiful. This tale, the characters, the writing - everything about this story was absolutely beautiful.

"Hearts that loved both boys and girls were no more reckless or easily won than any other heart. They loved who they loved. They broke how they broke. And the way it happened depended less on what was under their lovers’ clothes and more on what was wrapped inside their spirits."

This was my first time reading
Addicted to YA: Wild Beauty 2 67 Jan 02, 2018 10:52PM
The Book Bound So...: November BoTM: "Wild Beauty" by Anna-Marie McLemore 4 46 Nov 09, 2017 08:02PM
Anna-Marie McLemore was born in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and taught by her family to hear la llorona in the Santa Ana winds. Her debut novel THE WEIGHT OF FEATHERS was a Junior Library Guild Selection, a YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults book, and a finalist for the William C. Morris Debut Award. Her second novel, WHEN THE MOON WAS OURS, was longlisted for the National Book Awa ...more
More about Anna-Marie McLemore...

“This is was what their mothers would say if she and her cousins ever told them the things they folded inside their hearts. Twice as many paths to trouble, their mothers would whisper. As though their daughters loving both men and women meant they wanted all of them in the world. There was no way to tell their mothers the truth and make them believe it, that hearts that loved both boys and girls were no more reckless or easily won than any other heart. They loved who they loved. They broke how they broke. And the way it happened depended less on what was under their lovers' clothes and more on what was wrapped inside their spirits.” 20 likes
“Even in its first faint traces, love could alter a landscape. It wrote unimagined stories and made the most beautiful, forbidding places.” 15 likes