it's personal discussion

Welcome > Question of the Week

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,322 (1322 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 26 27

message 1: by jay, rip (last edited Jan 02, 2018 12:09PM) (new)

jay (jaysonstreet) | 35349 comments Mod
Hello all! Welcome to our new question of the week thread!
This thread is open to everyone in this group. Every week, typically on Monday's, a new question will be posted. Mods and members can then answer it. Hopefully this will help people find others who have things in common with them!
Feel free to respond to people's answers!

message 2: by jay, rip (new)

Week of: Jan 1, 2018

What do you hope the New Year (2018) will bring for you?

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 16707 comments Experience. I'm starting school later this year and I hope it'll make me more confident and independent. I need more experience in my life than what I currently have. Even though I'm worried and even though everyone else is telling me I'll waste my life by going to college, this is what I want to do.

message 4: by jay, rip (new)

maturity, independence, knowledge, friends, and freedom. i turn 18 this year and start college, so hopefully that'll help with all of the above

message 5: by TheBookUnbound (new)

TheBookUnbound | 1 comments This year marks my last year of middle school, so I hope that the new year will bring me lots of fun experiences that I can look back on fondly.

message 6: by jay, rip (new)

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛ wrote: "Experience. I'm starting school later this year and I hope it'll make me more confident and independent. I need more experience in my life than what I currently have. Even though I'm worried and ev..."

From what i've heard, college is fun, but stressful! i guess we'll find out together this fall :P

message 7: by jay, rip (new)

the Artful Dodger wrote: "Friends, time, and success, I hope. I want to hurry up and get my book finished, but I don't have enough time."

Good luck! Be sure to let us know when you finish it! I'd love to read it.

message 8: by jay, rip (new)

TheBookUnbound wrote: "This year marks my last year of middle school, so I hope that the new year will bring me lots of fun experiences that I can look back on fondly."

😊8th grade was awesome for me! so far, i actually rank it above my senior year (which is currently in progress). It's all the same fun but without the college applications :P

message 9: by Erin (new)

Erin | 24143 comments I hope to finishing writing my musical, make some progress on my writing, get a good start on this book idea I have and maybe even finish the draft so I can get to editing it. I also hope it brings me patience to deal with my mother instead of trying to flee from my problems, and also that I'll learn to swallow a pill at some point this year because I can tell that the doctors are tired of telling me that I need to learn how to.

message 10: by Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (last edited Jan 02, 2018 12:37PM) (new)

Zombieslayer⚡Alienhunter (theslayingisthunter) | 13037 comments I don't know, really. My resolution was to stop making resolutions so I can't really say i have 'goals'.
I'm already eighteen, and there are a lot of hoops I have to jump through before i can start college, which start with going to GED classes later this month :/
I have to get braces that won't come off until i'm twenty, that's lame, but it means my teeth will be healtheir.
I'd like to find a steady job, get better at driving, get my license, 'graduate', and find something to do with myself in the fall. College or not. Move out, move closer to my brother and other family back down around where i'm from :)

message 11: by jay, rip (new)

Erin wrote: "I hope to finishing writing my musical, make some progress on my writing, get a good start on this book idea I have and maybe even finish the draft so I can get to editing it. I also hope it brings..."

Good luck!

message 12: by jay, rip (new)

Zombieslayer/Alienhunter {good freaking grief} wrote: "I don't know, really. My resolution was to stop making resolutions so I can't really say i have 'goals'.
I'm already eighteen, and there are a lot of hoops I have to jump through before i can start..."

Good luck Z <3

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments Let's see... what do I hope 2018 brings....
Well, by the completion of 2018 I should be nearly done with my bachelors degree. Hopefully Ill have started to add experiences on for a resume in the field and have something to show for my abilities beyond just grades. I hope to have wormed out of my bubble and to make some friends. Hopefully I will have stories to tell, developed my talents, traveled, tried something new, and broken my comfort zone. Most importantly, however, this year is the year I have decided to dedicate to personal discovery and self-healing. I need to discover more about who I am, what I believe, and get over my fears whether they be heights, deep water, or the odd prickles of fear I experience courtesy of the shooting at my old college.

TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** (harpyashe) My only real hope for 2018 is that it will be a better year than 2017, which was basically hell year for me. I want to stay away from toxic people. I want my mental health to stay okay, no more depression hopefully. I do hope to start reading more, I pretty much stopped completely in 2017 and I hope that starting it up again, maybe start writing some stories that I use to write all the time will keep me occupied enough. I really just want it to be a better year in general honestly.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments Zombieslayer/Alienhunter {good freaking grief} wrote: "I don't know, really. My resolution was to stop making resolutions so I can't really say i have 'goals'.
I'm already eighteen, and there are a lot of hoops I have to jump through before i can start..."

You sound like me. I got my braces off at 18 and also got a GED at 17, though I bypassed the prep classes. Skipped a year then started college at 19. The test isn't that bad. A lot of it is common sense and deduction, then the math portion. You got this. <3

message 16: by jay, rip (new)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten wrote: "Let's see... what do I hope 2018 brings....
Well, by the completion of 2018 I should be nearly done with my bachelors degree. Hopefully Ill have started to add experiences on for a resume in the f..."

that's awesome! what are you majoring in?

message 17: by jay, rip (new)

Teddy Bear ~~HarpyAshe~~ **Can You Live A Life Of Peace And Happiness? I Don't Think So!!** wrote: "My only real hope for 2018 is that it will be a better year than 2017, which was basically hell year for me. I want to stay away from toxic people. I want my mental health to stay okay, no more dep..."

self-care is always important with fighting things like depression, keep that in mind as you go through this year❤

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments jay wrote: "Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten wrote: "Let's see... what do I hope 2018 brings....
Well, by the completion of 2018 I should be nearly done with my bachelors degree. Hopefully Ill have started to add ..."

My bachelors will be in environmental studies. Ill probably take a year off then I intend to go back for a Master's in architecture. :)

message 19: by jay, rip (new)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten wrote: "jay wrote: "Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten wrote: "Let's see... what do I hope 2018 brings....
Well, by the completion of 2018 I should be nearly done with my bachelors degree. Hopefully Ill have sta..."

that sounds amazing!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to say that I hope it brings integrity, friendship, promise and honesty. Great answers, everybody. I hope y'all get the accomplishments you'd like!

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments jay wrote: "Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten wrote: "jay wrote: "Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten wrote: "Let's see... what do I hope 2018 brings....
Well, by the completion of 2018 I should be nearly done with my bach..."

Thanks! I love the topic and it ties in closely with geology, which I also love. :) What do you plan to study when you start college?

message 22: by jay, rip (new)

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten wrote: "Thanks! I love the topic and it ties in closely with geology, which I also love. :) What do you plan to study when you start college?"

Good question. :P I think i wanna do robotics.

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 5901 comments jay wrote: "Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgetten wrote: "Thanks! I love the topic and it ties in closely with geology, which I also love. :) What do you plan to study when you start college?"

Good question. :P I think..."

That's cool! If your university ends up being at all like the one I go to, they'll likely require you to talk to an advisor before signing up for classes. I strongly suggest working closely with them throughout the years. :) They're a great resource and help you stay on track. Since you're still uncertain I'd also check out what programs the university has for first year students. Where I go they have a freshman interest group program which lets freshmen explore a little bit of a lot of fields while getting their basic requirements in. You may want to see if they have something like that where you plan to go :)

Alex ~They/them~ ~Annabeth Chase and Alex Fierro are the best~ (percybluefood) | 25522 comments jay wrote: " Week of: Jan 1, 2018

What do you hope the New Year (2018) will bring for you?"

more music

message 25: by jay, rip (new)

❄️Ƙανу тнє Ƒαℓℓєη Aηgєℓ❄️ (Ɓνвαяму) (Aelonian) (AA family) wrote: "jay wrote: " Week of: Jan 1, 2018

more music"

awesome! what do you like to listen to ?

Alex ~They/them~ ~Annabeth Chase and Alex Fierro are the best~ (percybluefood) | 25522 comments Rock, Alternative/Punk rock, Hard rock, soft rock, Classic Rock

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) | 512 comments I hope to get through the next semester and get my associates degree.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) Reading time, being more creative, and susses

message 29: by jay, rip (new)

❄️Ƙανу тнє Ƒαℓℓєη Aηgєℓ❄️ (Ɓνвαяму) (Aelonian) (AA family) wrote: "Rock, Alternative/Punk rock, Hard rock, soft rock, Classic Rock"

awesome! we have similar taste then :p

message 30: by jay, rip (new)

Jack Frost (Jaquelyn, Jackie)) The empress of winter The lonely white wolf {Semi Hiatus] wrote: "I hope to get through the next semester and get my associates degree."

good luck!

message 31: by jay, rip (new)

Cassie 'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood wrote: "Reading time, being more creative, and susses"

reading time is always great :p

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) | 512 comments jay wrote: "Jack Frost (Jaquelyn, Jackie)) The empress of winter The lonely white wolf {Semi Hiatus] wrote: "I hope to get through the next semester and get my associates degree."

good luck!"

Thanks.

Alex ~They/them~ ~Annabeth Chase and Alex Fierro are the best~ (percybluefood) | 25522 comments jay wrote: "❄️Ƙανу тнє Ƒαℓℓєη Aηgєℓ❄️ (Ɓνвαяму) (Aelonian) (AA family) wrote: "Rock, Alternative/Punk rock, Hard rock, soft rock, Classic Rock"

awesome! we have similar taste then :p"

Yes!! I love meeting ppl with the same music taste as me

message 34: by idiffer (new)

idiffer | 3 comments I thought about it, and I can only answer in a "what if" kind of way, because I don't really hope for anything anymore in the long term.
I'd hope for more internet friends, my depression medication not failing and good books.

princess maggie  (apennymarauder) | 1479 comments yikes everyone is answering really deep profound stuff on her like being a better person, or being more creative and i'm here like "i want to find out who shattered pink diamond for real"

Elizabeth ♛Smart Girls Love Trashy Books♛  (pinkhairedwannabe) | 16707 comments maggie wrote: "yikes everyone is answering really deep profound stuff on her like being a better person, or being more creative and i'm here like "i want to find out who shattered pink diamond for real""

That's me too though lol

message 37: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Garcia | 2 comments well i would like to enjoy journey and write another book of my experience. and enjoy my passion write.

message 38: by jay, rip (new)

❄️Ƙανу тнє Ƒαℓℓєη Aηgєℓ❄️ (Ɓνвαяму) (Aelonian) (AA family) wrote: "jay wrote: "❄️Ƙανу тнє Ƒαℓℓєη Aηgєℓ❄️ (Ɓνвαяму) (Aelonian) (AA family) wrote: "Rock, Alternative/Punk rock, Hard rock, soft rock, Classic Rock"

awesome! we have similar taste then :p"

Yes!! I lov..."

same!

message 39: by jay, rip (new)

idiffer wrote: "I thought about it, and I can only answer in a "what if" kind of way, because I don't really hope for anything anymore in the long term.
I'd hope for more internet friends, my depression medication..."

you remind me of myself a while ago, i used to never think i'd make it to where i am now.

message 40: by jay, rip (new)

maggie wrote: "yikes everyone is answering really deep profound stuff on her like being a better person, or being more creative and i'm here like "i want to find out who shattered pink diamond for real""

what even is pink diamond thooo

princess maggie  (apennymarauder) | 1479 comments jay wrote: "maggie wrote: "yikes everyone is answering really deep profound stuff on her like being a better person, or being more creative and i'm here like "i want to find out who shattered pink diamond for ..."

from steven universe. she's mentioned first in like the third season i think

message 42: by jay, rip (new)

ohh lmao anime?

princess maggie  (apennymarauder) | 1479 comments jay wrote: "ohh lmao anime?"

cartoon network

Image result for steven universe

message 44: by jay, rip (new)

gerin wrote: "jay wrote: " Week of: Jan 1, 2018

this is scientifically impossible because new year isn't entity but what I will do is, like I said, ke..."

yesss🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

message 45: by jay, rip (new)

Good luck, Lil!

message 46: by Sue (new)

Sue  Wegloski (susiegable) | 6 comments To do God's will. Write a short novel of suspense, mystery,paranormal, all in one. And to continue to heal and remain able to walk. And of course, Peace. Especially in families and neighbors.

message 47: by Sue (new)

Sue  Wegloski (susiegable) | 6 comments Now, that's funny and a good start in comedy!! Seriously, maybe talk like Jerry Seinfeld. "You know what I hate? Then etc, etc.

message 48: by Sue (new)

Sue  Wegloski (susiegable) | 6 comments That was to Gerin

message 49: by sel (new)

sel (lvagirl) | 5110 comments Mod
Jack Frost (Jaquelyn, Jackie)) The empress of winter The lonely white wolf {Semi Hiatus] wrote: "I hope to get through the next semester and get my associates degree."

same! (although my college is broken up into quarters, so technically two quarters)

Jack Frost, Jaquelyn, Jackie:  {The empress of winter; The lonely white wolf } (elchornoboy) | 512 comments sel wrote: "Jack Frost (Jaquelyn, Jackie)) The empress of winter The lonely white wolf {Semi Hiatus] wrote: "I hope to get through the next semester and get my associates degree."

same! (although my college i..."

Finish this semester with an Associates degree and then two more years with my bachelors degree.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 26 27