YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Latte Chat (F)

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lesa (last edited Jan 03, 2018 08:41AM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 1490 comments Team Latte:
Lesa
Victoria
Isha
Monika
Jeanine
Becky
Beth
Cori
TJ

message 3: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 967 comments hola guys!

message 4: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments Hey! :)

message 5: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1490 comments Hello ladies. :)

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 474 comments heyy

message 7: by Monika (new)

Monika | 865 comments Hello Friends ... Happy New Year! :)

message 8: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 967 comments What are you guys planning to read?
Here’s mine! Anyone wanna do a buddy-read?

new-to-you author - The Catcher in the Rye
new-to-you series - ACOTAR
new to you genre - The Time Traveler’s Wife

these are the books I have so far

message 9: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1490 comments Right now I'm reading The Book Thief I'll probably be done with this tomorrow. Plus I'm reading Kings of the Wyld and Elantris and then I'll be picking up Big Little Lies and hopefully I'll get a copy of Beneath the Sugar Sky from library next week since I have a hold on that in case someone wanna buddy read that one with me.

Oh I finished the series of ACOTAR a few months ago. I'm look into The Time Traveler's Wife and read a sample to see if it spark my attention.

message 10: by Monika (new)

Monika | 865 comments I am reading Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead 70% through. After that I will read The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy and then from 10th ACOTAR Series.

message 11: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments I just finished reading Oh. My. Gods. and am putting my review up now. I'm thinking about reading Milk and Honey after that. Poetry books count right?

message 12: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments Also, how do Buddy Reads work? I've never done one before

message 13: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 967 comments @Isha two or more people will read the same book at a scheduled date and they will discuss the book while reading :)

message 14: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83065 comments Mod
Adding TJ to your team ☺

message 15: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Hi Team!

message 16: by Jeanine (last edited Jan 03, 2018 08:36AM) (new)

Jeanine Carstairs (daechwita) | 967 comments Hello and welcome! what books are you planning to read?

message 17: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1490 comments TJ wrote: "Hi Team!"

Hey TJ we haven't been teamed up together in awhile lol. Welcome hun.

message 18: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Lesa wrote: "TJ wrote: "Hi Team!"

Hey TJ we haven't been teamed up together in awhile lol. Welcome hun."

Thanks! I missed you!

Jeanine wrote: "Hello and welcome! what books are you planning to read?"

Thanks!
Good question. I'll get back to you on that.

I see some familiar faces in this group and some new ones. I befriended those new ones. I'm glad to be back in a just for fun group. The Nov/Dec challenge intimidated me -- it was hard to keep up with teammates who were churning out a review a day... It's better for me if I don't know what those "serious" teams are up to -- it makes me feel inadequate... lol!

message 19: by Lesa (last edited Jan 03, 2018 10:10AM) (new)

Lesa Divine | 1490 comments Aww miss you hun.
Lol yes it was intimating I'll agree. It got to the point I only went to the group threads for November and December just to post my books. I said come January teams I'm aiming for fun. A few people ask me why I don't go to medium since I sometimes read 4 to 6 books a week but that's sometimes lol. I said because starting January I have to aim for my bigger books I have books pages from 500-1,200 and those take time especially epic and high fantasy books. I have to stop having them sit on my shelves forever lol so yeah I rather aim for fun teams. I'll put in my team work at a pace I enjoy.

message 20: by Monika (new)

Monika | 865 comments Hey TJ ... Good to be in same group!

Hehehe I know what you guys feel when you say "intimidated" in Medium team coz we are not as fast readers as them. I have been through that too XD

message 21: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83065 comments Mod
Adding Madi(Licious) to your team ☺

message 22: by T.J. (last edited Feb 01, 2018 07:15AM) (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments I'm currently reading The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2) by Katherine Arden and Switched (Fairy Tale Reform School #4) by Jen Calonita (ARCs), and Lives of Girls and Women by Alice Munro (a new-to-you author) for my book club.

I'm thinking about reading:
Tempests and Slaughter (The Numair Chronicles, #1) by Tamora Pierce Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian Escape from Aleppo by N.H. Senzai Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff Shatter (Glitter, #2) by Aprilynne Pike (ARCs)

message 23: by Isha (new)

Isha (imisha) | 580 comments TJ wrote: "I finished Ghosts of Greenglass House (Greenglass House, #2) by Kate Milford (ARC, 2017)-- loved it!

I'm currently reading The Girl in the Tower (Winternight Trilogy, #2) by Katherine Arden and Switched (Fairy Tale Reform School #4) by Jen Calonita (ARCs), and [..."

I'm thinking about reading Ash Princess as well! We could do a buddy read if you'd like? I've never done one before so you may have to guide me a bit lol

message 24: by c (new)

c | 150 comments I’m in the middle of I’ll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson!

message 25: by Becky (new)

Becky  | 474 comments I have finally finished my first book of the month and year 😊

message 26: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Sooooo sorry I've been inactive this month. We went through two rounds of the flu in my family and my daughter was sick three times this month! :(

I did read a couple of books and hope to be able to post reviews before the end of the month.

Again, many apologies.

message 27: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Isha wrote: "I'm thinking about reading Ash Princess as well! We could do a buddy read if you'd like? I've never done one before so you may have to guide me a bit lol "

How about we set up a buddy read for February? I'd love to "guide" you. ;) .

message 28: by Monika (last edited Feb 01, 2018 02:37AM) (new)

Monika | 865 comments TJ wrote: "Sooooo sorry I've been inactive this month. We went through two rounds of the flu in my family and my daughter was sick three times this month! :(

I did read a couple of books and hope to be able ..."

Its alright TJ, I hope your daughter is fine now. God bless her!

I was also not very active - Thanks everyone and wish you all happy reading!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.