Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading Jan 1?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2065 comments Mod
Happy New Year, y'all! I'm starting this week off with Just Luke That and Everywhere You by Clara W. Barrow.

message 2: by Stacey is Sassy (last edited Jan 01, 2018 05:05AM) (new)

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1254 comments HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I just received an ARC of Man Card so I'm going to start that one straight away.

I'm also listening to and enjoying the audio of The Velvet Promise which I haven't read in years. This series was the start of my love for historical romance. My favourite of the series was the second one, Highland Velvet.

Jude Deveraux and Julie Garwood were my favourite authors back in the day and I would re-read their stories over and over and over again.

message 3: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
Happy New Year, y'all! I've been MIA here and elsewhere online for the past couple of weeks as I worked toward that deadline. I turned the last Lit Guide in yesterday a few hours before midnight, so I made it. Now I have time to read solely for pleasure. Not that it was not a pleasure to reread the canonical stuff I have been reading, but there wasn't much pleasure in reading most of the lit crit I had to read for research.

Today I am reading Kate Moore's The Husband Hunter's Guide to London, which releases tomorrow. It's been too long since I read a Kate Moore book. I'll be doing a late review on it since this is the first chance I've had to read it. Tomorrow I'll be reading Manda's Wallflower Most Wanted. Then, there's a long list of ARCs . . .

message 4: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1898 comments Mod
Happy New Year, all!

I just read Pretty Face by Lucy Parker which I adored, and which spurred a reread of the book preceding it, Act Like It which was just as good the second time.

Followed up with Lauren Layne's An Ex for Christmas which I wasn't in love with. The heroine's single minded devotion to woo woo superstitious stuff was not my favorite reason for keeping the main couple apart. Not terrible but not my favorite of hers.

Now I'm about to DNF a book but I'd rather not say what. I guess what I'm saying is Lucy Parker is tough to improve on!

message 5: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1153 comments Janga wrote: "Happy New Year, y'all! I've been MIA here and elsewhere online for the past couple of weeks as I worked toward that deadline. I turned the last Lit Guide in yesterday a few hours before midnight, s..."

I will be interested to know what you think about the Kate Moore book. I have never read any of her books.

message 6: by Chocolatesoup (last edited Jan 01, 2018 10:42PM) (new)

Chocolatesoup | 365 comments Pretty Face made my list of top ten favorite books of 2017, it was just so good!

I just started My Bluegrass Baby although it's been on my TBR for years. Laugh out loud funny!

Manda wrote: "Happy New Year, all!

I just read Pretty Face by Lucy Parker which I adored, and which spurred a reread of the book preceding it, Act Like It which was just as good ..."

message 7: by Janga (last edited Jan 02, 2018 07:50AM) (new)

Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I will be interested to know what you think about the Kate Moore book. I have never read any of her books."

I've been a Kate Moore fan for years, Leigh-Ayn, but I prefer her historicals to her contemporaries. Her Sons of Sin trilogy is my favorite--To Tempt a Saint, To Save the Devil, and To Seduce an Angel. The new series connects to Blackstone's Bride, her last historical, which was released in 2012 I think. So it has been a while since she gave her readers a historical.

message 8: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1153 comments Janga wrote: "Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I will be interested to know what you think about the Kate Moore book. I have never read any of her books."

I've been a Kate Moore fan for years, Leigh-Ayn, but I prefer her hist..."

Thanks Janga! will give her a go! x

message 9: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2081 comments Mod
Snow angel. It’s an old Mary Balogh that just got re released that I had never even heard of.

message 10: by Janga (new)

Dls wrote: "Snow angel. It’s an old Mary Balogh that just got re released that I had never even heard of."

It's one of my favorites of her trads, Deb. I was delighted to learn that it is now available in e-format. I bought it the day it went on sale and have already reread it. :) It's a good reminder that Balogh was one of the first to add sexy scenes to her books--although they are mild by today's standards.