Start by marking “Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)

Pretty Face (London Celebrities #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  2,204 Ratings  ·  506 Reviews
Highly acclaimed, award-winning author of Act Like It Lucy Parker returns readers to the London stage with laugh-out-loud wit and plenty of drama

The play's the fling

It's not actress Lily Lamprey's fault that she's all curves and has the kind of voice that can fog up a camera lens. She wants to prove where her real talents lie—and that's not on a casting couch, thank you. W
Published February 20th 2017 by Carina Press

Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4.5 Stars!!

Once again, Lucy Parker delivers a lovely little gem that made me grin and laugh from cover to cover. 'Pretty Face', just like the first installment in the series, 'Act Like It', is highly entertaining, simply delightful from start to finish, utterly enjoyable and has a great mix of humor, sweetness and emotion.

Lily Lamprey is a twenty-six years old television actress, known as a female protagonist on a mediocre TV show. She wants a career on stage, so she desperately needs to prove

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
4.5 Flapper Barbie and Backtrack Ken stars!

Review at Of Pens and Pages

How do you write a review for a book you absolutely loved without sounding like a pile of mush? I've found a new favorite author in Lucy Parker. I know she's only published two books so far, but I think it's safe to say in those two books I've read, she's never failed to make me smile, laugh, and feel fuzzy inside.

40-year old renowned director Luc Savage wants to get his new production rolling. With one principal actress pulli
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

I had written a little bit of a warning at first, stating that I would probably come across as condescending in this review and reaffirming that my aim was not to shame readers for enjoying romance novels I personally want to burn (not Pretty Face!), but then my warning *did* come across as condescending so I guess I CANNOT WIN so let's write this review okay don't hate me.

I need to face facts : I've not been able to call myself a romance reader for a long time. Those days are long gone, crushe
Geri Reads
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I feel like the book goods are smiling down at me and they send me a book that ticks all of my "how romance should be" boxes. Reading Pretty Face by Lucy Parker is definitely one of those times. And oh my gosh, I don't have enough words to express how much I love this book.

WARNING! Long, gushy review ahead! #Sorrynotsorry

Luc Savage, one of London West End's premier director/producer is restoring the Queen Anne theater and capping it off with a new play. Problem is Luc lost not one but
Ally
Theatre? Check. Humor? Check. Delightful cast of characters? Check. I freaking love this book!

Nick Cage excited

This woman killed it with her debut novel. Well, this one proves she is not a flash in the proverbial pan of bad sequels. Lucy Parker (under this nom de plume) rocks out with her clock out.

NOTE: read for 2017 New Years Reading Challenge, Enemies to Lovers.

Setting / Time / Genre: England. Londonish. Most of the time.

Series: Yes

Sexy times: Slow burn to a few rolls in the hay that will not offend anyon
♥Rachel♥
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars

After reading and loving Act Like It, I was thrilled to get my hands on Pretty Face and it was everything I hoped for! Lucy Parker excels at writing witty, fun dialogue and banter, with British-isms like “snogging, kerfuffle, whinge, and arse-over-tits”; the last has to be my favorite, lol!

The relationship between Luc and Lily was sexy and fun, and full of emotion and chemistry! Ms. Parker made Luc and Lily come to life, writing them with insecurities and faults, but each with a purene
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I fell completely in love with Lucy Parker's first book, Act Like it. Taking us back to the West End and the theater community with a hero who is a curmudgeon (at least to start) and a heroine who is on a popular yet trashy television show, and the tabloids have a field day with her character.

Director Luc Savage is ready to reinvigorate his West End theater with a new historical play. The only problem is that his girlfriend who he wanted in the play, ran away to get married...to a man who isn't
Caz
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aar, arc, romance-other
Lucy Parker’s début novel, Act Like It was – it seems – an instant hit, one of those books you suddenly see all over your Goodreads feed because all your friends are reading it. I’m confidently predicting the same for her follow up, Pretty Face, because it’s every bit as vibrant, funny, sexy and poignant as the first book – quite possibly even more so, on all counts. I finished the last page with a smile on my face and feeling uplifted – and wondering if I had the time to go back and read it all ...more
nick
03/16/18 REREAD: I just love this book so so much. My heart is always full when I'm done with it. <3

10/21/17 REREAD: Trix and Leo are so cute already.

07/18/17 REREAD: STILL LOVING THESE TWO SO MUCH I WANT TO CRY!

Original Thoughts
Lucy Parker was one of my favorite author finds last year. I devoured and thoroughly enjoyed her book Act Like It after recommendations from a couple of friends. To say that I was excited when I received her newest, Pretty Face, would be an understatement of epic pro
Laura Florand
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this so much. I'm just in awe of Lucy Parker's ability to write dialogue and her characterizations and the way she captures the West End theater setting. She brings all of these skills in spades to Pretty Face, and on top of that it's a beautiful love story. I adored Act Like It, but I think Pretty Face may have topped it, although of course now I want to go back and read Act Like It again. Lovely. So glad to have had a chance to read this early.
boogenhagen
Another exceptional story with really funny moments and the romance was excellent. I love this author and I love this series.

Even better on the re-read and it isn't every day an h gets almost drowned in a water tank tinted to look like champagne.
Maria Rose
When you find yourself laughing out loud, wiping away tears, and rereading passages you just read, you know that you’ve found a real gem among a sea of contemporary romances. Pretty Face by Lucy Parker is a witty and engaging look at the London theater world and a forbidden romance trope story involving acclaimed yet cynical theater owner and director Luc Savage and his new stage protege Lily Lamprey.

Lily’s professional acting career may pay well, but her starring role as the sexpot in the histo
Jacob Proffitt
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible, romance, steamy
I finished this over a month ago, so I've lost some details. Not the important ones, though.

While part of a series, you don't really need the first to enjoy this one. I know because I completely forgot who the characters in the first were and didn't really care because I was totally into these two characters.

The age difference in this one is on the extreme end (it exceeds the squick formula*) and I knew intellectually that would be a hurdle for the author to get over. She managed it so effortles
Susana
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a well written novel

Arc Provided by Carina Press through Netgalley

Release Date: February 20 th

4.5 Stars

Another winner! Author Lucy Parker definitely knows how to write the perfect story, because I never thought that theatre "stuff" was that interesting, and then I just want to live in these stories. And be friends with these people.
And as such, I am now going to re-read it, because I don't know when I'll read another good story.

Lily is much more than a pretty face: she's smart, witty, and much more than meets t
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Feb 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
If you want to read something different – this book is the one for you!!!!

Lucy Parker writes books that are character driven and utterly enjoyable. When I read Act Like It (London Celebrities #1) in 2015 I was blown away by the author’s unique writing style. And Pretty Face wasn’t any different.

Lucy Parker delivered by writing dry humored dialogues, fantastic chemistry between her main characters, and by creating a completely captivating plot that kept me turning pages like crazy.

Lily Lamprey, s
Saly
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The first book by this author Act Like It left quite an impression on me. It didn't just feature excellently fleshed out characters but a completely new setting for me when it comes to contemporary romance: the English theater.

The second book by her is equally as good and it takes us back to the same setting. The heroine Lily is a TV actress and not just any TV actress but one whose character people love to hate. She has been playing the role of a sexed up vamp on a TV show for four years and wa
Julie
Dear Ms. Lucy Parker,

I know you're not a robot who sits at your keyboard for 18 hours a day without blinking, while endlessly tapping and alternately staring at the wall. I also know that you have a life outside writing, and you actually have to talk to real people to have something to write about.

But you have to understand that after reading your first two amazing books, I am now going out of my mind waiting for your next book.

I said to myself that I'm going to be chill about this, and I'm tr
Lisa
Reread: Aug 2017

I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH OK

Twitter reading thread: HERE.

Reread: March 2017

I keep rereading my faves because my slump has been so horrible I can't take up new books at all. Anyway, WHERE IS MY LUC SAVAGE-

(also when is Lucy gonna release a new book I need more)

First read: January 2017

4.5 STARS

This review can also be found on Romances Ever After.

I thought I loved Act Like It, but then I read Pretty Face.

I procrastinated writing this review because I simply didn't know how to cohere
Caz
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've given this a B+ for narration and an A- for content at AudioGals, so I'm rounding up to 5 stars, as in my book, those grades make it closer to 5 stars than 4. BUT - given the choice, even though the audio is good, this is one of those books I prefer in print.

Pretty Face
, the follow-up novel to Lucy Parker’s successful and hugely entertaining Act Like It, is a funny, sexy Rom-Com set amid the hustle and bustle of London’s Theatreland that clearly proves that Ms. Parker is no one-hit-wonder.
Sam (AMNReader)
Maybe I'm more sensitive to workplace dynamics than I thought.

This one just didn't do it for me. I hated the set up, but was willing to give it a chance. I couldn't get a good sense of Luc-Was he aloof, tough, did he more or less give in right away? And either because of me, or because of the style, I failed to connect and engage with the book to the point where I could follow where things were happening...I didn't love the 2 plot devices. And in this case, the age gap exacerbated the yuck facto
Marie
listen, i have so much LOVE for this book that i promise i can't read it without weird noises coming out of me. i literally have no emotional control for it. IT IS THE WORST.

like all the lovers of 'act like it', i thought that there was a very high chance i would love 'pretty face' but there was no chance it would be as good as richard & lainie's story and... i was both right and wrong.

i was right because both books have very different stories and very different characters and there is only
Katie
Okay, the thing is, this is SO GOOD, and so my kind of characters and YET. I am just a hairbreadth away from connecting emotionally. Like, it's ALMOST THERE, but I never quite get to the feeeeeeeelings.

But five stars anyway because it deserves it.
Mandy
LOVED this book! Fantastic dialogue and a sweet romance - this was complete perfection! Luc Savage and Lily Lamprey had great chemistry from their very first meeting and the banter between these two was amazing. I loved this book and can't wait to read more by this author!
♥ℳelody
A delightful, witty, smart, hilarious, charming read. Worth all the hype it gets. Seriously. The writing is damn good. I had so much fun just pulling memorable quotes. There are a lot of jewels in this one, too many to choose from. Lucy Parker definitely has a new reader in me. My only complaint and why this was shy of a 5 star is one thing. Well, actually 2 reasons. One, I felt the last 30% really dragged and was just filler till the couple actually faced some kind of conflict near the end i.e ...more
Ann Lou
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
"4.5 LUC stars!"

Lucy Parker is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors.  In this second installment, she takes us back to the theatre with Lily And Luc.

Lily Lamprey is a television actress who always dreams of acting on stage.  After 4 years of playing Gloria in a soap opera, she's had enough of her role and decided to audition for Luc's Savage upcoming play.  Was Luc impress with her audition tape? That would be a big NO.

Luc Savage, a well known director of the West End.  He is known for
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
description

“It’s second nature to pull apart a performance, isolate and slice out the dead weight, piece it back together. I also know what it feels like when there’s that very rare click and it’s just – right. It works. From the first line of the first scene.” A nerve ticked in his jaw. “It doesn’t often happen onstage, and I didn’t expect to ever experience it offstage.”

Well, didn’t we just love absolutely everything about Pretty Face. Everything. Here’s an Author who completely knows her chosen subjec
Jess
This book made me feel ALL THE THINGS.

To start, can I just say how much I love this world that Lucy Parker has created? She's struck this really great balance of having temperamental asshole heroes that also are capable of tremendous emotional depth and who worship the fuck out of the women they fall in love with, and it hits me where I live. I loved Richard's snarky asshole self a lot, but I think that if I was forced to choose, I'd pick Luc Savage every single time. He's just such a great hero
Danielle (Love at First Page)
Not quite on the level of its predecessor but this is another great romance by Lucy Parker! The silver fox trope totally worked for me here; I thought the age difference made it that much swoonier, especially because Luc and Lily still fit so well together. My main complaint now is that the third book isn't in my hands!
Irene

Pretty Face by Lucy Parker was a great read. Loved everything about it.
I'm really enjoying the writing of this very talented author, looking forward to reading more in the near future.
Nazeefa
KFLJAKFJASKDJAKFHASLA.
Ok.
Incredibly charming, romantic, swoon worthy.
Luc and Lily's relationship just grew so... organically? I JUST LOVED IT ALL SO MUCH/??
10/10 recommend for more than just Luc's insane dimples.

Lucy Parker lives in New Zealand, where she feels lucky every day to look out at mountains, lakes, and vineyards. She has a degree in Art History, loves museums and art galleries, and doodles unrecognizable flowers when she has writer’s block.

When she’s not writing, working or sleeping, she happily tackles the towering pile of to-be-read books that never gets any smaller. Thankfully, there’s alwa
More about Lucy Parker

London Celebrities (3 books)
  • Act Like It (London Celebrities, #1)
  • Making Up (London Celebrities, #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome: A Novel
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
“He drained a bar dry last night and is managing to speak in iambic pentameter. I have two glasses of wine with dinner and I can barely decipher the TV Guide the next day. I’m so freaking old.” “Join” 2 likes
“But life wasn’t a film. Problems didn’t disappear and “The End” wasn’t emblazoned across a lingering embrace the moment people succumbed to the inevitable and found the right moment to verbalise it. He” 1 likes