Rated YA-MA discussion

Reading Challenges > Challenge 1 of 2018 - Everything Old is New Again

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1231 comments Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you all had a great 2017 and are welcoming 2018 with open pages.
The first quarter challenge - Everything Old is New Again- runs from January 1st to March 31st.
The idea is to take something old and familiar and make it new by diving into the retelling of classics or fairy tales.

Want to be a reading ROCK STAR? Read both the original version AND the Retelling! But that is just an extra fun goal (icing on the cake if you will) and is no way necessary for participation.

Rules breakdown:
♦ Audio books are allowed.

♦ All of the books MUST be at least 150 (paper) pages in order to qualify for this challenge. If the kindle or eBook pages are different than the paper count, please provide the correct number, so no books are left out unjustly. If you are reading an ebook only book, the word count MUST be a minimum of 45,000.

♦ 5 out of 6 of your books for this challenge must be YA. (If you want to read the originals or keep going after your first round, though, all books from all age levels are accepted. )

I'll be keeping track of participant’s progress (as much as possible) in post #2. Participants will be listed alphabetically by their name and the number of their original post in the challenge.

When posting your progress, please remember to use the number attached to your original post as well. (This will be especially useful to save me from mixing up folks with similar names).
When posting the Title of your book let us know what it was a retelling of.
It is also nice, but not necessary, to tell us what you thought of the book just in case i grabs the interest of another member also.

Looking for ideas? you can try this list:
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...
or
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...

Good Luck welcoming in the New Year!

message 2: by Diane (last edited Apr 02, 2018 02:07PM) (new)

Diane | 1231 comments Participants

Anna
Ashley 4/6
Ashley Hufflepuff
Barb 1/6
Candice 6/6 ****** FINISHED!
Casey 2/6
Diane 4/6
Jennifer 6/6*****FINISHED!
KD 6/6***** FINISHED!
Kelly 4/6
Laurel 6/6****** FINISHED!
Melanie 5/6
Mich 3/6
RA 6/6****** FINISHED!
Sara 2/6

message 3: by Diane (last edited Jan 15, 2018 02:41PM) (new)

Diane | 1231 comments I'm in - so many to choose from! (and this is just what I currently own)

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Finished 1/15/2018 A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Hunted by Meagan Spooner Beauty A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley Slumber (Beauty Never Dies Chronicles, #1) by J.L. Weil Golden (Golden, #1) by K.M. Robinson Ballad of the Beanstalk by Amy McNulty Poor Unfortunate Soul A Tale of the Sea Witch by Serena Valentino Twisted The Girl Who Uncovered Rumplestilskin's Name by Bonnie M. Hennessy After Alice by Gregory Maguire Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Gretel (Gretel, #1) by Christopher Coleman

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (saraphinasnape) | 18 comments I’m in. That last challenge really pushed me to focus on my reading instead of numbly watching TV. Thanks for that.

message 5: by Melanie, the 8th (last edited Apr 08, 2018 04:16PM) (new)

Melanie | 1048 comments I will try to jump back in. Working on my time management skills lately.
YA Potential Reads:
Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh The Language of Thorns Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic (Grisha Verse, #0.5, #2.5, #2.6) by Leigh Bardugo Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Insanity (Insanity, #1) by Cameron Jace Bad Luck (Bad, #2) by Pseudonymous Bosch The Case for Jamie (Charlotte Holmes #3) by Brittany Cavallaro
MA Potential Reads:
Wyrd Sisters (Discworld, #6; Witches #2) by Terry Pratchett Women Who Run With the Wolves Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estés The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1) by Helene Wecker The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next, #1) by Jasper Fforde Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace (William Shakespeare's Star Wars, #1) by Ian Doescher The Serpent of Venice by Christopher Moore The Immortal Circus Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2) by A.R. Kahler A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #2) by Jodi Taylor
DONE:
Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire Wyrd Sisters (Discworld, #6; Witches #2) by Terry Pratchett The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan The Language of Thorns Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic (Grisha Verse, #0.5, #2.5, #2.6) by Leigh Bardugo The Case for Jamie (Charlotte Holmes #3) by Brittany Cavallaro
extra MA reads
The Immortal Circus Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2) by A.R. Kahler A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #2) by Jodi Taylor

message 6: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 29, 2018 04:23PM) (new)

Jennifer | 375 comments I'm in as well.

Possibilities:
My Name Is Rapunzel by K.C. Hilton Wondrous Strange (Wonderous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George East by Edith Pattou The Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1) by Jessica Khoury Rogue Wave (Waterfire Saga, #2) by Jennifer Donnelly Frogkisser! by Garth Nix Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake Wintersong (Wintersong, #1) by S. Jae-Jones The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy, #1) by Katherine Arden

Finished:
Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston Darklight (Wondrous Strange, #2) by Lesley Livingston Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3) by Lesley Livingston Snow White and Rose Red by Patricia C. Wrede Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore

message 7: by Kdbrand (last edited Mar 28, 2018 04:57PM) (new)

Kdbrand | 353 comments I’m in, as usual.

Completed: 6/6
East by Edith Pattou Beauty A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee Heartless by Marissa Meyer The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis

Possibilities:
East by Edith Pattou Dark Shimmer by Donna Jo Napoli Beauty A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley Princess of the Midnight Ball (The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy, #1) by Jessica Day George Heartless by Marissa Meyer Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings, #2) by Jackson Pearce

message 8: by Candice (last edited Feb 08, 2018 10:24PM) (new)

Candice (locomonobano) | 78 comments I'm in! Thanks for the lists, I'll use those for sure

Finished: Spindle by Shonna Slayton Princess of the Midnight Ball (The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy, #1) by Jessica Day George Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1) by Jackson Pearce Enchanted (Woodcutter Sisters #1; Books of Arilland #1) by Alethea Kontis The Swan Kingdom by Zoë Marriott

message 9: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1231 comments Candice wrote: "I'm in! Thanks for the lists, I'll use those for sure"
There are other similar lists if you look through the lists in the browse section. I assumed there would be plenty of crossovers so only posted two. Another thought for getting ideas. if you have a classic you love (or are just interested in) you could look up retellings specifically for that book.

message 10: by R.A. (last edited Apr 02, 2018 05:15AM) (new)

R.A. Desilets | 375 comments Sweet! I'm in!! I adore retellings.

Possibilities: Scarlet (Scarlet, #1) by A.C. Gaughen Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer Hero (Woodcutter Sisters #2; Books of Arilland #2) by Alethea Kontis Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Beastly (Beastly, #1; Kendra Chronicles, #1) by Alex Flinn The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2) by Danielle Paige

Super excited to see reviews come in from y'all on other retellings. It's been a while since I've branched out, since I've been playing catch up with a lot of the series I'm behind in.

Also, related! I wrote a retelling, so if anyone wants a free copy for this challenge, let me know! I won't shamelessly self-promote again. I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good.

Finished: Ensnared (Splintered, #3) by A.G. Howard Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2) by Danielle Paige The Return (Titan, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (NA) Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter

message 11: by Anna (last edited Jan 01, 2018 07:37PM) (new)

Anna | 199 comments I'm in!

Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay Beast by Donna Jo Napoli - Beauty and the Beast
The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2) by Danielle Paige - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Oz, #1) by L. Frank Baum
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge - Little Red Riding Hood
Unhinged (Splintered, #2) by A.G. Howard - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2) by Rick Riordan (non-ya) - Norse mythology
Sea Hearts by Margo Lanagan - mermaid legend
Her Dark Curiosity (The Madman's Daughter, #2) by Megan Shepherd - The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
Torn from Troy (Odyssey of a Slave #1) by Patrick Bowman (non-ya) - The Odyssey by Homer
The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline (Enola Holmes, #5) by Nancy Springer (non-ya) - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
Shadows on the Moon (The Moonlit Lands, #1) by Zoë Marriott - Cinderella

message 12: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (last edited Mar 23, 2018 02:44PM) (new)

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) | 232 comments I'm in!

Possible pool (that I will totally not follow at all judging by my track record of such things:

Insanity (Insanity, #1) by Cameron Jace The Princess Companion A Retelling of The Princess and the Pea (The Four Kingdoms, #1) by Melanie Cellier The Enchanted Rose A Beauty and the Beast & Sleeping Beauty Fairy Tale Retelling (Full Novel) by R.M. ArceJaeger Princess without a Palace A King Thrushbeard Fairy Tale by Kristen Niedfeldt Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente Fraulein Frankenstein by Stephen Woodworth Princess Dracula (Princess Dracula #1) by John Patrick Kennedy Spindle by Shonna Slayton Spindle (Two Monarchies Sequence, #1) by W.R. Gingell The Midsummer Captives (Firethorn Chronicles #2) by Lea Doué The Step-Spinsters by Madina Papadopoulos The Enchanted Kingdoms (Haunting Fairytales Collection, #1) by R.L. Weeks

Read: 6/6:
The Twelve Dancing Princesses (Timeless Fairy Tales, #10) by K.M. Shea Princess without a Palace A King Thrushbeard Fairy Tale by Kristen Niedfeldt Manga Classics Sense and Sensibility by Stacy King To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo The Princess Companion A Retelling of The Princess and the Pea (The Four Kingdoms, #1) by Melanie Cellier The Step-Spinsters by Madina Papadopoulos

message 13: by Ashley (last edited Feb 14, 2018 07:09AM) (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) | 136 comments Sounds like fun. I'm in.

Read
The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan A Tale Dark & Grimm (A Tale Dark & Grimm, #1) by Adam Gidwitz Geekerella by Ashley Poston Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer

message 14: by Candice (new)

Candice (locomonobano) | 78 comments Does anyone know how "The Book of Lost Things" is a retelling? I read it a month or so ago (and liked it!) but was just wondering

message 15: by Barb (last edited Jan 26, 2018 04:43AM) (new)

Barb | 123 comments I'm in. We'll see how I do.

Finished:
The Shadow Queen (Ravenspire, #1) by C.J. Redwine - Snow White

message 16: by mich (last edited Jan 22, 2018 11:20PM) (new)

mich | 299 comments I'll try this, even though I have never been able to finish a reading challenge, ever, lol. Count me in.

Finished 3 of 6:

Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4) by Jackson Pearce For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1) by Diana Peterfreund Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2) by Diana Peterfreund

message 17: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1231 comments Good luck with this challenge Mich - you do have a couple of good ones here so maybe that will inspire you.

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 375 comments Question:
Does this book Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake count since it's about Greek mythology...not exactly a retelling, but more of a continuation of their story, sort of...???

message 19: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1231 comments yeah, that goes with the spirit of the theme.

message 20: by Casey (last edited Jan 06, 2018 08:38PM) (new)

Casey Anderson | 637 comments Love this! I totally failed on the last challenge, which is usually my favorite. I just haven't been into reading much lately. But, I finally finished La Belle Sauvage, and I love rfairy tale/classic retellings.
Does this one work: Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills is kinda a modern retelling of A MidSummer Nights Dream

message 21: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Briar Rose by Jane Yolen Seeing Redd (The Looking Glass Wars, #2) by Frank Beddor Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu The House of Silk (Sherlock Holmes, #1) by Anthony Horowitz The Third Witch by Rebecca Reisert

I'll make a stab at it!

message 22: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1231 comments Casey wrote: "Love this! I totally failed on the last challenge, which is usually my favorite. I just haven't been into reading much lately. But, I finally finished La Belle Sauvage, and I love r..."

I think that would be fine

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 375 comments I finished my first one Antigoddess (Goddess War, #1) by Kendare Blake which is about the Greek gods/goddesses also features Cassandra of Troy which was fun. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I would probably give it a 3.5-4...not sure yet. But it was an enjoyable read. I enjoyed her take on how the gods were doing now since no one really worships them anymore and they're all but forgotten, and now they're dying...

P.S. I updated post #6

message 24: by Candice (last edited Jan 10, 2018 07:58PM) (new)

Candice (locomonobano) | 78 comments Finished Spindle by Shonna Slayton , book #1
I can't update much from my phone so I'll do that later.
But I wanted to say I found it pretty boring. Just a heads up, hopefully those of you who added it to your potential reads will like it better than I did.

message 25: by mich (new)

mich | 299 comments Finished Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings, #4) by Jackson Pearce Snow Queen retelling.

OMG, it was so boring. My first one was a bust :P

Updating my post #16 :)

message 26: by mich (new)

mich | 299 comments Candice wrote: "Finished "Spindle", book #1
I can't update much from my phone so I'll do that later.
But I wanted to say I found it pretty boring. Just a heads up, hopefully those of you who added it to your poten..."

Thanks, I will stay away! Boring = do not want, lol ;)

message 27: by Candice (new)

Candice (locomonobano) | 78 comments Mich- Sorry your first one was boring too! Better luck on the second.

message 28: by Candice (last edited Jan 10, 2018 07:57PM) (new)

Candice (locomonobano) | 78 comments Finished book #2 Princess of the Midnight Ball (The Princesses of Westfalin Trilogy, #1) by Jessica Day George . I'll update my original post when I get my computer working again.

This was better, I give it 3.5 stars. I didn't know the original story well so it was an interesting read for me. Also, this has been on my shelf for like 2 or 3 years after I got it as a gift, so it felt good to finish it (just like in the last challenge!)

message 29: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) | 136 comments I finished my first one The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan (Greek Mythology) it was pretty fun. Although Apollo is not my favorite MC.

message 30: by Kdbrand (last edited Jan 12, 2018 10:18AM) (new)

Kdbrand | 353 comments Finished my first one last night. East by Edith Pattou , and was pleasantly surprised. It's a retelling of East of the Sun and West of the Moon-a Norwegian fairy tale. I enjoyed the clever storytelling and different voices of the characters. Great book!

Updated post #7

message 31: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1231 comments I finished my 1st today - A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas it was a Beauty and the Beast retelling and it was AWESOME! I love Sara J Maas!

message 32: by mich (new)

mich | 299 comments Finished my 2nd For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1) by Diana Peterfreund Persuasion retelling.

I gave it 2 stars :P

I've never read Persuasion, but now I want to though.

oh, and something weird I noticed - the main guy in this book was named Kai, the dude in the last retelling book I read was named Kai, and the next retelling book I'm planning to read is Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer which has you know, KAI. Lol. Is there some unwritten rule that I don't know about?? :)

Updating my post #16

message 33: by mich (new)

mich | 299 comments Diane wrote: "I finished my 1st today - A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas it was a Beauty and the Beast retelling and it was AWESOME! I love Sara J Maas!"

I see so many mixed ratings on that one, but I think I remember seeing that even the guys who don't like the first one end up LOVING the second one. I'm looking forward to trying that series :)

message 34: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1231 comments I can't figure out if the second one would qualify for a retelling. I know this one does but I am really looking forward to the next. Has anyone read A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas and can enlighten me?

message 35: by Ashley (last edited Jan 19, 2018 01:04PM) (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) | 136 comments I read my second one, A Tale Dark & Grimm (A Tale Dark & Grimm, #1) by Adam Gidwitz . Its technically middle grade but it definitely had a lot of beheading for a younger kids book.

message 36: by Candice (new)

Candice (locomonobano) | 78 comments Diane wrote: "I can't figure out if the second one would qualify for a retelling. I know this one does but I am really looking forward to the next. Has anyone read A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas a..."

Mist and Fury changed how I perceive "true love" and was hands down my favorite in the series. That being said... I can't think of a fairy tale that it could apply to, other than it could be considered what happens after Beauty and Beast? Sorry Diane!

message 37: by Melanie, the 8th (new)

Melanie | 1048 comments Got 1 done!
Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
*It was a lot darker then I had anticipated.

message 38: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1231 comments Candice wrote: "Diane wrote: "I can't figure out if the second one would qualify for a retelling. I know this one does but I am really looking forward to the next. Has anyone read [bookcover:A Court of Mist and Fu..."

Thanks - I am itching to read it but wont count on it for this challenge

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) | 136 comments Melanie wrote: "Got 1 done!
Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
*It was a lot darker then I had anticipated."

It's also a lot longer than it should be (in my opinion)

message 40: by Kelly (last edited Feb 26, 2018 01:17PM) (new)

Kelly (kellyleanna) | 48 comments I'd like to join in to this challenge. I don't have a list yet but I'm pretty sure I have a ton of retellings on my Kindle so I'll figure some out.

4/6 complete
Tempestuous (Twisted Lit #1) by Kim Askew Olivia Twisted (Olivia Twisted, #1) by Vivi Barnes A Little in Love by Susan Fletcher Shut Out by Kody Keplinger

message 41: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1231 comments adding you to the list Kelly

message 42: by Candice (new)

Candice (locomonobano) | 78 comments Finished #3 Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter

It was like 1% retelling and 99% crappy teen highschool drama. Kind of hard to get through, but I thought "FOR THE CHALLENGE" and forged ahead.

message 43: by mich (new)

mich | 299 comments Finished Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2) by Diana Peterfreund Scarlet Pimpernel retelling

(sequel to For Darkness Shows the Stars)

gave it 3 stars. It was just so-so for me.

Updating my post #16.

message 44: by mich (new)

mich | 299 comments Candice wrote: "Finished #3 Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter

It was like 1% retelling and 99% crappy teen highschool drama. Kind of hard to get through, but I thought "FOR THE CHALLENGE" and forged ahead."

Lol, atta girl!

message 45: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1231 comments Take one for the team :) I am glad you posted that Candice because it is one that I have owned forever and I have more interesting ones I can use for the challenge :)

message 46: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) | 136 comments Diane wrote: "Take one for the team :) I am glad you posted that Candice because it is one that I have owned forever and I have more interesting ones I can use for the challenge :)"

I didn't mind it, but I wasn't looking for a retelling and was super in the mood for the high school drama at the time.

But you're right Candice, its a pretty bad 'retelling'

message 47: by Candice (new)

Candice (locomonobano) | 78 comments Ashley wrote: "Diane wrote: "Take one for the team :) I am glad you posted that Candice because it is one that I have owned forever and I have more interesting ones I can use for the challenge :)"

I didn't mind ..."

Yeah, the high school drama wasn't for me in that one. What else have you read in that category? Can you make any recommendations? I remember liking these before but I can't say I've found anything good recently. Or I'm getting too old hahaha... *sob*

message 48: by Candice (last edited Jan 25, 2018 11:01AM) (new)

Candice (locomonobano) | 78 comments Finished #4 Sisters Red (Fairytale Retellings, #1) by Jackson Pearce updated post 8

I liked this one much more. Not sure if it is really good though or if my standards were lowered. I gave it 4.5/5. I like that the protagonists are sisters and they kick a lot of ass. I compared it to a gory, non-musical Frozen.

message 49: by Kdbrand (last edited Jan 26, 2018 07:47AM) (new)

Kdbrand | 353 comments Finished #2-- Beauty A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley . Such a delightful story! I truly didn't expect to enjoy it so much; it reminded me some of the Disney version of Beauty and the Beast.

Updated post #7

message 50: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) | 136 comments Candice wrote: "Ashley wrote: "Diane wrote: "Take one for the team :) I am glad you posted that Candice because it is one that I have owned forever and I have more interesting ones I can use for the challenge :)"
..."

Most of the Fairy Tale Retellings that I've LOVED are middle grades, so they wouldn't be helpful with this challenge.
Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) by Dave Barry The Fairy-Tale Detectives (The Sisters Grimm, #1) by Michael Buckley A Tale Dark & Grimm (A Tale Dark & Grimm, #1) by Adam Gidwitz and anything Rick Riordan does.

I liked Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer , Kill Me Softly (Beau Rivage, #1) by Sarah Cross , The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan

Splintered (Splintered, #1) by A.G. Howard was okay. Its a much better representation of the Alice story.

« previous 1 3