Start by marking “Hidden: Rapunzel's Story (Destined, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hidden: Rapunzel's Story (Destined, #2)

Hidden: Rapunzel's Story

(Destined #2)

Young assassin Rapunzel is the most powerful absorbent mage alive, so strong she can drain the life of a grown man with a single brush of her finger.

But the power means little when her every move is controlled by her mistress.

For twelve long years, Rapunzel has known nothing beyond a nightmarish life of captivity, murder, and failed escape attempts.

She spends her days
Published October 2nd 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Hidden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden

Start your review of Hidden: Rapunzel's Story (Destined, #2)
Catherine ~All for the greater glory of God~
Notable Content: Mentions of sex, sexual assault, and blackmail for sex. Cuddling and kissing. Implied sexual desire.

I absolutely loved the first part of this book. That part was definitely five-star. It was so interesting and it kept me guessing. The second part of the book I liked less so because it mainly retold parts of the first book (though you do learn about what was going on with Zel and the twins during that book). The third part again did a lot of retelling (though I liked it a bit
Coco.V
Aug 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon US today (8/1/2019)! ...more
Coralie
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay, full disclosure: the emotional part of me reallllly wants to give this five stars, but the practical part of me says four. So, here's why: (warning, review contains book 1, Fated, spoilers, but none for Hidden, book 2)

First of all, returning cast: YAY! New and returning settings: YAY! (See my review of Fated for more gushing on the awesome political and societal structure and desire to see more of this fabulous world.) Rapunzel retelling: oh. my. word, y'all. This was an excellent
J.M. Stengl
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a fast-paced retelling of Rapunzel, packed with back-story for book 1 in the series, retelling bits of that book from Zel's POV, then on into the future.
A thrilling, romantic, tear-jerking, and deeply satisfying read. The original fairy tale is rather dark, and this story follows its story-line pretty faithfully (though not quite as dark!). I would recommend it for high-school age and up.
The magic in this fantasy world is intriguing, and I am eager to pick up book 3 very soon and
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh wow! I was really wary about reading this because you kinda already know the ending of rapunzel's story in Fated. In fact, I almost didn't read this...but I'm so glad I did! The most helpful advice I can give is that this isn't really a prequel - it's half prequel, half alternative-perspective story. I can't say anymore without spoilers, but i really enjoyed reading Zel's perspective, ESPECIALLY the part in Draicia. Several reviews I read on Amazon talked about slow pacing, but actually i ...more
David
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy, kindle
Reinterpretation of the fairy tale, where the protagonist kills with her magic touch.
When Rapunzel's name is spoken, she has to do as directed, which so far has prevented her harming her mistress, the Wasp Queen. Until she has completed the last command and she gets the next one.
So why doesn't she block her hearing? Maybe that's later in the book.
Couldn't stay interested enough to find out.
Annie
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading Zel's story. I wasn't sure how it was going to go since it was almost a prequel, but I think it was handled nicely. There were some points where the stories overlapped, but was most likely necessary in order to tell the stories in this order. Great progression.
Desiree Jacobson
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

Loved the retelling. I loved how she overcame in the end and finally saw who she really was. Great series. Love the intriguing twists and turns the story tells and getting to hear another side of Cinderellas story too.
LittleDeadRedGoddessPersephone
This was just as good as Fated:Cinderella's story. A very worthy follow up. I will try my best to not give away may spoilers in my review. I do want to warn that if you want to read this book but have not read Fated then you may want to put this off to read the first book in this fantastic series.

Rapunzel feels as if she is a monster. Locked away in a tower until her Mistress "The Wasp" calls her to her to let down her golden ladder and "Do no harm". As Rapunzel's Mistress she knows her true
Kim  Gregory
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure if I liked where this story was placed in the series. I read the first book a while ago, Cinderella's story, and knew Zel quite well, but obviously didn't really know her story. To go back and learn her story was fine, but when we got to the part where the two stories overlapped - that was awkward. I was trying to remember what I had read in the other story and what would be happening at this point with Cinderella and the Crimson Tide and who was really behind what was going on... I ...more
Elena
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After I read Fated, I was excited to read Zel's story. I have never read a Rapunzel retelling, so I was extra eager to continue the Destined series. I grew up on fairy tales, and because of that, I have fun analyzing fairy tale retellings. I enjoyed this addition to the Destined series, and I can't wait to read the rest of them!

Fated: Cinderella's StoryFated: Cinderella's Story
Raven Lancaster
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
It was interesting but confusing

I was baffled as to how Rapunzel ended up pregnant since the author left that out entirely. I understand some authors are completely uncomfortable writing about such things, but she could have alluded to it. I certainly hope these books aren't considered romantic, because they certainly aren't. It was interesting that it overlaps with Fated so you get Zel's side of what was going on too. Definitely a different take on Rapunzel! It was a good story overall, but the
Ann
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freedom

In a land where mages can be controlled by anyone possessing their true name, Zel is one of the most powerful and feared mages. Sold to an ambitious and cruel tyrant when she was 5-years-old, she knows nothing of love or kindness. She is a weapon, although a reluctant one. One day, she meets a soldier and falls in love. When she discovers she is pregnant, she knows she has to escape. This is a great retelling of a classic fairytale. It is fast paced and holds the reader's attention.
Crystal Cline
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, and I liked how it was different from the first, even though the two books happened at the same time. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars was because the middle seemed to be a lot of the same thing being repeated over and over again. The beginning and ending definitely made up for any parts that seemed to be too dragged out. Overall, I really enjoyed it and I can’t wait to read the next one in the series!
Elly
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
I continued with the series in the hope that I would learn more about the world but as this book consisted of so much crossover with its predecessor I instead found myself continually frustrated and often completely opposed to the plight of the characters. While casting Rapunzel in the role of Cinderella's stepmother was an intriguing move this book has turned me off bothering with the rest of the series.
Billie Flaming
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Eh. I found this to be a definite step down from the first book. The writing blasts through all the pacing, so the first section of the book moves so fast, I didn’t buy any of what was happening.
The rest of the book largely rehashes what happened in the previous book. Loose ends are tied up, but I’d already ready the story of Ella and how she’s cool and fixed stuff.
Teresa Bertolio
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this retelling if Rapunzel. There is a lot of action, romance, sacrifice, and magic. Something for everyone. There is some violence, so if you don't like fighting, don't read this. Otherwise, happy reading:)
Ellen T. Barrett
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful page turner

I loved this fast reading book and can't wait to read more from this author. I love that there are no swear words, thank you kayaking Lee for a wonderful clean and captivating read.
Jasmine
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Liked the beginning and end, but I don't enjoy retellings from a different point of view, so the very long middle part was hard to get through as it was exactly the story from the first of the series but from Zel's POV.
Shea
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

I absolutely adored this retelling of Rapunzel. It's a game that had never occurred to me before and Iwas thoroughly captivated!
Heather Crawford
I am really enjoying this series. I think I even like this one better than the first even though i didn't think I would!
Natasha
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Book

I enjoyed getting to hear Zels side of the events, and to know her back story as well as what has become of her and her girls now.
Lydia
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very intriguing take mixing the true story of Rapunzel with magic or mage's.
Alex (Briennai)
Jan 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon
Stephani Austin
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun!

I liked the way this overlapped the first one and gave you more backstory for Zel’s character. Fun read. Neat series.
Susan
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rapunzel

I truly loved reading Rapunzel's back story. To learn why she his in the bakery as if it were her tower. I look forward to reading more in this series.
Kimberly Gordon-Bercich
Apr 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Let down your

Ladder would be more practical than hair. Just saying! So I did not see the ending of this book going this way. So glad it had a happy-ish ending.
grace duck
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Beautiful retelling of a classic fairy tale full of romance, adventure and a hint of mystery. Looking forward to reading more of the series.
Destiny Puente
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

Great retelling! Love the different point of view from the first book! I definitely cried once or twice, so be ready!
Annie Fitzgerald
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Just as great as the first books in this series it kept pulling me in page after page and I couldn’t put it down till the end.

• A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms Book 5)
  • Identity (Kingdom Chronicles, #3)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • A Princess of Wind and Wave: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid
  • Reflection (Kingdom Chronicles, #4)
  • Pathways (Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • Daughter of Lies (Andari Chronicles, #5)
  • Reign of Magic (The Fairy Tale Enchantress, #3)
  • The Princess Search (The Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • Ellie and the Prince (Faraway Castle, #1)
  • The Rose and the Briar (Faraway Castle, #3)
  • Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
  • Till Midnight (Reversed Retellings, #1)
  • Path of Secrets (Andari Chronicles, #6)
  • Shadow and Thorn (Andari Chronicles, #4)
  • The Lady and the Wish (Faraway Castle, #4)
  • The Beast and the Beauty (Reversed Retellings, #2)
  • The Siren and the Scholar (Faraway Castle, #2)
Kaylin Lee lives in the Pacific Northwest with her real-life hero husband and two sweet kiddos. After a lifetime of staying up too late reading stories, she now wakes up too early writing them. It was probably inevitable.

Destined (5 books)
  • Fated: Cinderella's Story (Destined, #1)
  • Twisted: Belle's Story (Destined, #3)
  • Betrayed: Ruby's Story (Destined, #4)
  • Hunted: Alba's Story (Destined #5)