Start by marking “The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)

The Immortal Circus: Act Two

(Cirque des Immortels #2)

Vivienne is almost content with her new life in the Cirque des Immortels. She has moved up from selling cotton candy to telling fortunes, she has a gorgeous, magical boyfriend, Kingston…and no one has been murdered since the clash between the otherworldly Courts. Her life under the faerie big top would be perfect, in fact, if not for the nightmares and visions that compel ...more
Published June 11th 2013 by 47North

To ask other readers questions about The Immortal Circus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Immortal Circus

Montzalee Wittmann
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Immortal Circus: Act Two
By: A. R. Kahler
Narrated by: Amy McFadden
Wow, this series just keeps getting better! Read book one first because this book has spoilers for book one. This is wonderful and exciting, lots more suspense and craziness! More deaths, :( A touch of romance, violence, lust, thrills, and great fantasy!
The narrator is a perfect actress and does wonders for this book. It is so much better with the narrator than just me reading it. Wonderful job.
Alaina
OHHHH MYYYYYY EFFFFFFINNNGGG GOOOOODDDD!

The Immortal Circus: Act Two has left me in awe and shock. The amount of twists and turns thrown at me - well, it definitely had my mind completely mind blown. I'm shook.

Vivi and Kingston were my everything. However, the amount of lies and deception from their freaking relationship made me not like them. Then again it's me.. and I'm fickle person. I absolutely loved them together. I could totally forget about this relationship being built on lies. I saw g
Kath Elizabeth
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Ooh, this was so much better than book one! I'm so glad I decided to continue on with this series.

These books are so imaginative and twisty, its a crazy ride reading them. Book one was very confusing and left a lot of questions unanswered, but book two answered a lot of those questions which made it a lot more satisfying. It also had a lot of action and drama and kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole ride! There's betrayal, murder (a lot of it), magic, secrets and lies... and Vivienne fin
Felicia
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOLY SHIT BALLS BATMAN!

That was intense AF! This book was SOOOO much better than the first. The first I felt like I couldn't really connect with the story or the characters. I'm still not entirely sure why. But in this book... Man, it was so much better.

I feel like I followed the story line better in this one. I found myself giving a shit what happened to the characters. AND! I listened to this book on audio. And since this is my first audio (and I didn't think I'd like audio) that is a feat in
Rachel
Mar 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing follow-up to THE IMMORTAL CIRCUS. Having read the first in serialized format it was fascinating to read the sequel all at once. Those cliffhangers between episodes are... well... cliff-hanger-y.

This sequel was less mystery more roller-coaster, there was more action, it was definitely darker, more heartbreaking. Just as beautifully written. And with a far more expansive world.

I loved getting all those answers to questions presented in the first book in the series. Even if
Lisa
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is so easy to read that I flew through it. It's fantasy set in a circus background with a bit of romance and humour, some horror and a bit of mystery - it's all here you know!
Looking forward to the next one so much I'm downloading it right now!
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Summer Court is still trying to bring down the show, and they seem to have their sights set on Vivienne in particular. As if impending war between the Faerie courts wasn't enough to worry about, Viv's powers seem to be manifesting themselves and a very bloody way. Her memories are slowly trickling back too, leading her to believe that she must escape the circus and return home to trigger the rest of her memories, no matter how painful they may be. Kingston agrees to help her, but at great ri ...more
Lör K.
It has been a long time since I read The Immortal Circus: Act One , and since I first started The Immortal Circus, Act Two. I simply forgot about this masterpiece due to late nights and college work. Finally coming back to it at only 20% into the book, I was able to immediately remember what had happened and come back to this absolutely amazing world that Kahler has created. I was lost, and in just three hours, altogether, I finished reading the rest of the book. It's not often a book has such ...more
Steph's Romance Book Talk
This part of the story picks up three months after the incidents of Act One. It was very interesting but somewhat predictable. Vivian is finding out her past and things are not as they seem. It was good but not run out to get the next book great for me.

This specific video review will be included in the May 2018 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Rom Book Talk.
Gypsy Madden
Jul 11, 2013 rated it liked it
While the writing and story telling was still topnotch and I adored the first book, this felt very much like a second book. It didn't try as hard to hook the audience, it seemed a bit tired of its characters, and the magic of the first book felt absent. It didn't have any fun scenes with the Shifters, Kingston didn't really show off his powers, Vivienne seemed uninterested in getting to know any other characters in general, and quite a bit of the book was spent dwelling on Vivienne's visions of ...more
Purple Country Girl (Sandy)
Not as good as the first book but still a mostly entertaining read. Easy to get into but often hard to stay interested in the story this time - "Act One" had my unwavering attention and I finished it in two days - "Act Two" took about two weeks to finish. I was disappointed that the action strayed from the unique circus environment for a good chunk of the book but a lot is explained in those pages...not all to my satisfaction but many blanks are filled in. With the tone and direction of "Act Two ...more
Jaclyn
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book more than I did the first one. In Act One, I didn't really get hooked on the circus storyline and what was happening there. This time around, every aspect was intriguing. I was still interested in Vivienne and Kingston's relationship, and where his true loyalties lie, but secrets were revealed about Viv that changed everything and made everything more interesting. I liked how the story unfolded and was so suspenseful. I'm eager to begin Act Three!
Olivia
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one got even more far-fetched than the first one! I had a really hard time finishing this one because I completely lost interest. It was so confusing to keep up with Viv's flashbacks to her past. I just wish there was more circus, less fantasy. I already bought the third book in the trilogy, so I'm going to read it. I really hope it's better than the others.
Shannon
Interesting. Completely different than the first book. The powers of Vivienne are being established, questions are being asked, new characters are introduced, and just strange stuff is circling around all. Liked it, but it seems like so much is going on that I'm not sure how the book will wrap up....on to the final book.
Dhali
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
The heroine is whining and repetitive with a knack for stating the obvious in a very annoying way. The story drags for most of the book in way that seems unnecessary.
Lora Shouse
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s hard to believe, but I think The Immortal Circus: Act II is even darker and more mysterious than the original book. In the end, I think Vivienne is confused. I know I am. Can’t wait to read the third act.

In the beginning, it’s not too bad. The great battle between the Summer and Winter Courts is over (for the time being at least), and the demon Kassia is locked away in the large ruby that adorns Mab’s Ringmaster hat. Vivienne and Kingston are lovers without reservation now, and new performe
Irene
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
The pacing is quite off in this one. Not much happens in the first half of the book, then suddenly Everything happens. It bounces from event to event way too fast. There's too much action and not enough world-building; which doesn't work for this second book, since they are in a different environment from book one. I don't know exactly what's going on with Vivienne - what is she??? I don't know what's going on plot-wise. It feels very messy and confused. Sudden appearances of figures from the pa ...more
CJ
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
Similar to the first novel, I had a really hard time with the manner in which the main characters revelations took place. Characters are absolutely more interesting when parts of their lives are hidden, making for tension and suspense. However, so many of the revelations in this novel led to frustration in the main character which in turn led to annoyance by this reader.

I love the concepts and the premise. The characters have the potential to be amazing, however the execution was less than desi
Lindsey Faire
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really love this story!

I can not wall away from these characters, their stories or the heartbreak. It is a perfect fantasy read for me. Well thought out and developed character arcs, beautiful writing, twists and turns, just enough macabre to be interesting without it being overkill, just enough hinting to add to the story without graphic detail. Even the audio narration is spot on for me. On the next book of the series.
Hannah Verret
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars - Okay, I'm sucked in to this series. Even after finishing Act Two, I still don't really know how I feel about it all.
~~SPOILERS!~~
Kingston is dead?? Wtf dude. Kingston MADE Viv love him? Asshole.
So much happens in this book & it's important to keep up.

Even though I'm still iffy on this whole dang series, I'm about to go start the last one because I absolutely need to know how it ends.
firecracker2007
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Curiouser and curiouser. This book is the middle of the trilogy and just when you think you understand Viv's story, you learn that you still don't know all there is to know. Viv suffers a devastating loss and just when she feels poised to exact revenge she finds herself even more under Mab's thumb than she was before. How will the final book in the trilogy bring the story to resolution?
Raquel M.
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Action Packed

Just as the name suggests this is the second act. In one we met the characters and bonded with them. In Act 2 we see all the actions, questions get answered and everything comes to a head. Well written and paced.

Although a lot of Kingston and Viv and their relationship progresses the chemistry that was in the first book was missing for me.
Elisa
Jun 07, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like this one as much as the first volume. Too many visions, everything burns, explodes, fire, fire... blood, blood... let's see if the last chapter redeems the trilogy or just makes it fizzle.
Mahalia  Gosla
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So now what?

Holy drama and plot twists!! I can't even begin to break down what I just read. Viv is beyond annoy, but I feel for her on so many levels. I now will read the Final Act and hope for the best.
Christine
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I did not enjoy act 2 as much as act 1. Certain characters shifted into irritating and the plot was fairly predictable. I'm diving into act 3 as they are quick reads, but I suspect I know how the whole thing will end
N.J.
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I do not recommend listening. Things change time and place so fast that you lose track of what is happening. Vivienne's visions become confusing and you will lose interest but if you continue into the book it'll get better.
 Crawforde
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent original new series

This is a good book. One of the best I have read this year. The characters are well done and the plot is interesting. Circus, magic, Mahem, and a good noir story line.
Time to read book three!
Dan Rogers
Jun 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book, great pacing. Lots of twists. It was better the the 1st book, if you like the 1st book you’ll like this one
Gigi
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Getting better

I put it down a few times but finally committed myself. Better than expected. Lots of twists and surprises. Ready for the final act.
Romina
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: carnival-circus
2.5* Too much fanfiction drama, too little circus.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Book 2; standalone? 2 4 Jul 08, 2014 06:32PM

• Foreverland is Dead (Foreverland, #2)
  • The Demon You Know (Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom #4.5)
  • Proditor (Heku #5)
  • Desolation
  • Dark Legion (The Lockman Chronicles #2)
  • Scattered (The Nevermore Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Kingdom (Tiber City, #1)
  • The Skeleton Song (The Hollows, #0.5)
  • Doctor Who Encyclopedia
  • Cat's Paw (The Time Corps Chronicles, #2)
  • Haunting Grace (Beyond Time, #1)
  • Sycamore (Sycamore, #1)
  • Seven Dogs in Heaven
  • Imperfect
  • Mismatch (Omega Beginnings Miniseries, #2)
  • The Boat
  • The Eve Genome
  • Undead Winter
Author, circus artist, and full-time wanderer.
I'm a weekly blogger at the YARebels (I'm Friday!). I also, er, do a lot of other things.

Cirque des Immortels (3 books)
  • The Immortal Circus: Act One (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
“to feel the power of stars flow through my veins.” 2 likes