The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

ARCHIVE Team Challenge: UNO 2018 > UNO Pre Challenge Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 180 (180 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by UNO Pixie, Our UNO Helper (new)

UNO Pixie | 1345 comments Can't wait to start?

Would you like to chat to other UNO addicts?

Feel free to chat about everything and anything here :)

==========

Good introductory info:

-Name
- Team Challenge experience
- Have you joined UNO before?
- Favourite genres
- Book you can't wait to read in 2018

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura Hello, fellow UNO lovers!!

Can't wait for this to start!!! Woot, woot!

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 1181 comments Yep, me too. This is my 3rd UNO, definitely one of my favourite group challenges.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 45 comments Hiii, I can't wait either, though this is my first Uno. (:

message 5: by Bryndís (new)

Bryndís YEEEE sounds so fun! can't wait! I joined just too late last year to participate, but no Im SO in! 😀😀

message 6: by Karen ⊰✿, Avaricious Reader (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 2944 comments I love the eagle-eyes that saw these threads and we haven't even sent out an announcement yet ;)

(We will announce after New Years)

message 7: by Karen ⊰✿, Avaricious Reader (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 2944 comments For those return players, did you notice a slight change in the rules from previous years?
*hint* the change is a bit wild ... ;)

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "For those return players, did you notice a slight change in the rules from previous years?
*hint* the change is a bit wild ... ;)"

I did! It definitely adds a nice twist to the challenge.

message 9: by maria helena (new)

maria helena (mariahel) | 930 comments Can't wait for this to start (and love the changes)

message 10: by Karen ⊰✿, Avaricious Reader (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 2944 comments Thanks MH!

message 11: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 949 comments Yay I love Uno. One of the first team challenges I ever took part in.

That Wild change is making it harder though.

message 12: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 3578 comments Woohoo! Uno is back! :-D

Hello people :-)

message 13: by Annika (new)

Annika | 1412 comments Hey everyone! :D

message 14: by Teri (new)

Teri | 400 comments Really excited-this is my first UNO challenge

message 15: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 1575 comments Hoooray!!! This would be my 2nd challenge. I joined the one last year & enjoyed it a lot.

message 16: by DoodlePanda (new)

DoodlePanda | 244 comments This sounds really exciting, I'm considering joining :D

message 17: by Annika (new)

Annika | 1412 comments You definitely should! It's the best team challenge there is. Though fair warning, it's addictive ;)

message 18: by DoodlePanda (new)

DoodlePanda | 244 comments Annika wrote: "You definitely should! It's the best team challenge there is. Though fair warning, it's addictive ;)"

I'm just worried I'd let the team down or something! :O
How many books would be needed from each person?

message 19: by Annika (new)

Annika | 1412 comments DoodlePanda wrote: "Annika wrote: "You definitely should! It's the best team challenge there is. Though fair warning, it's addictive ;)"

I'm just worried I'd let the team down or something! :O
How many books would be..."

Don't worry about letting your team down, Uno is about having fun, we try to make the teams as even as possible in terms of books everyone reads, so read what you can and when you can :)
I don't know that we have a specific lower limit, but you should read at least 1 book each month.

message 20: by DoodlePanda (new)

DoodlePanda | 244 comments Oh 1 book per month I can do easily! :D

I think I'm gonna try it then!

message 21: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 265 comments HI!!

Name: Kirsten
- Team Challenge experience: I've done a couple now.
- Have you joined UNO before? just last year w/ team Poirot
- Favourite genres: fantasy, scifi, historical fiction, speculative, apocalyptic, autobiographies
- Book you can't wait to read in 2018: (mainly just more than I did this past year) though a few that I finally want to get to are: Born with Teeth, The Death Cure, The Man with the White Beard...

message 22: by Annika (new)

Annika | 1412 comments Hi Kirsten!! :)

message 23: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 265 comments Annika wrote: "Hi Kirsten!! :)"

Hi Annika! :)

message 24: by Laura (new)

Laura | 935 comments Yay! Excited for Uno again! This will be my 3rd year participating. I love this challenge! Thank you to the mods for putting this together again!

message 25: by Laura (new)

Laura | 1825 comments I'm so excited for Uno again! It was the game that started it all for me!

-Name - Laura
- Team Challenge experience - I'm such a team challenge junkie!
- Have you joined UNO before? - This will be my 4th time. I think that means I've played every round, right?
- Favourite genres - A little bit of a lot of different stuff. Sci-Fi, Fantasy, YA, Historical
- Book you can't wait to read in 2018 - Lake Silence, A Court of Frost and Starlight, the new Throne of Glass novel, anything Jim Butcher manages to publish (I've heard there should be one in 2018!).

message 26: by Bryndís (last edited Dec 30, 2017 07:06PM) (new)

Bryndís some more info... =)

Name: Bryndís (screenname) / Iza (real name)
- Team Challenge experience: first time, but very excited! =)
- Have you joined UNO before? just the actual card game ;-)
- Favourite genres: Horror, music, LGBTQIA+, travel, fantasy, SF
- Book you can't wait to read in 2018: The House of Sleep (one of my fave authors, but haven't read much) & Based on a True Story

message 27: by Danna (new)

Danna | 1 comments What is UNO about

message 28: by Laura (new)

Laura | 935 comments Danna - it is a fun team challenge where players read books to fit hands of Uno. See this board:
Uno

message 29: by Catie (new)

Catie Currie | 133 comments Hello everyone!
Name - Catie
Team Challenge experience - None, but I'm excited to try it!
Have you joined UNO before? Nope, first time
- Favourite genres - I like a lot of different things, but I particularly like children's lit, YA, literary fiction, horror, and some fantasy
- Books you can't wait to read in 2018 - Future Home of the Living God, Inferior: How Science Got Women Wrong—and the New Research That's Rewriting the Story, Lost Boy: The True Story of Captain Hook, and a lot more, I have waaayyy too many books on my to-read shelf lol

message 30: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten (kielianne) | 265 comments Hi all!

lol Catie, I too have way too many books on my TBR shelf!

message 31: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 3578 comments Uno is a very easy and fun team challenge to start with on your way into more team challenges. It was my first one as well when it was first set up. And I've played every round since :-)

message 32: by Catie (new)

Catie Currie | 133 comments Haha yeah, I don't think anyone could be on GR for a significant amount of time without acquiring a massive amount of TBR books :P

message 33: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (veraj121) I am so excited the Uno Challenge is starting. I am like a kid in a candy store right now... YAY!!!

message 34: by Kate S (new)

Kate S Hi, I'm Kate.

I enjoy doing team challenges and participate in several each year.
This will be my second UNO challenge and I am looking forward to the fun (and a bit of the craziness that comes with it)!
I have a hard time nailing down my favorite genre. I think it changes pretty regularly. At the moment, I am most enjoying general non-fiction and literary fiction. But at other times, I like horror, mystery, suspense, science fiction, classics, historical fiction and others. I tend to shy away from romance and paranormal fiction, but even these I do enjoy from time to time.
I do not have any specific titles I am looking forward to in 2018. I am excited to start reading some of the many titles I picked up at my winter library book sale.

message 35: by Tefek (new)

Tefek | 60 comments Hi

I haven't played uno before but I'm interested in playing for the first time in this way including books!
Do you think it will be confusing for me, or I can do it?

message 36: by Laura (new)

Laura Tefek, you can do it! It's a great fun challenge! Sign up, you won't regret it.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 1181 comments Definitely Tefek. It's a fun challenge and your team mates will help you if you have any questions.

message 38: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa | 1024 comments Hi everyone,
I loved UNO last year. I can't wait. I've been told I read all books with words. My current preferences are historical romance, fantasy, and science fiction.

message 39: by Tefek (new)

Tefek | 60 comments Laura wrote: "Tefek, you can do it! It's a great fun challenge! Sign up, you won't regret it."

Thank you!
I've signed up already :)

message 40: by Tefek (last edited Dec 31, 2017 11:44PM) (new)

Tefek | 60 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Definitely Tefek. It's a fun challenge and your team mates will help you if you have any questions."

Thanks! We'll have fun. Can't wait! *-*

message 41: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 19 comments Hi everybody! My name is Leigh, and this is my first time doing a team challenge
--I haven't played this kind of UNO before
--my favorite genres are suspense, mystery, and fantasy
--a book I can't wait to read in 2018 is..probably the Lords of Arcadia series
(sorry i'm a little late with my intro ;)

message 42: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (ajareads) | 115 comments Last year I almost missed it , I wasn't about to do that again this year :) this is the most fun reading challenge !! <3 I am so psyched to get going, I always meet such amazing people :D

message 43: by Karen ⊰✿, Avaricious Reader (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 2944 comments So nice to see so many familiar faces, and welcome to all the new ones!

I was trying to think of a book for 2018 I am waiting for, as I am so far behind most books I was waiting for in a series were published last year and I haven't read yet :o
But there is one in 2018 - The Prisoner in the Castle - which is a series that unexpectedly grew on me and the last book ended on a bit of a cliffhanger

This is our fourth year of UNO. I put it together in 2015 and I can't even remember where the idea came from now. I must have been playing the card game one weekend ;)

message 44: by Romina (new)

Romina (romii) | 260 comments Aaaah I am so excited to do this again! Loved participating last year!
I havent been reading much or on goodreads lately so Im hoping this motivates me to read more and be more active! I cant wait :D

I had a great team last year, had some great conversations and a really fun time during the challenge so Im hoping for a repeat of that :D

Rachael (The Bookish Ray) (thebookishray) | 393 comments Hi! This is all so exciting. It'll be my first UNO and I have no idea what to expect but it looks like such a fun challenge :)

message 46: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_woodal) This sounds exciting and fun! What is the deadline to sign up by?

message 47: by Beth (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 702 comments This is my second one! The first one, I was captain and I had so much fun!! I can't wait to play again as I missed the last sign ups

message 48: by Karen ⊰✿, Avaricious Reader (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 2944 comments Well start making teams in around a week, Emily. Sign ups after we start making the teams will go to a reserve list

message 49: by Nanci (new)

Nanci | 1423 comments Yay!! UNO time! Love this challenge! I have played a number of times before and also served as captain and co-captain. For those of you new to the game, you're going to love it. I'm going to be reading a lot of books I've been wanting to read on my iPad, since I'll be traveling from mid-January until late February. Hello to many familiar names!

message 50: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_woodal) Ok I’m in!!!

Name: Emily
Team challenge experience: None, this will be my first
Have you joined uno before?: no
Favorite genres: YA, horror, dystopian
Books I can’t wait to read in 2018: the throne of glass series

« previous 1 3 4