Start by marking “Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5)” as Want to Read:
Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5)

Burn Bright

(Alpha & Omega #5)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  11,525 Ratings  ·  1,455 Reviews
They are the wild and the broken. The werewolves too damaged to live safely among their own kind. For their own good, they have been exiled to the outskirts of Aspen Creek, Montana. Close enough to the Marrok’s pack to have its support; far enough away to not cause any harm.

With their Alpha out of the country, Charles and Anna are on call when an SOS comes in from the fae
Published March 6th 2018 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Burn Bright, please sign up.
Tiffanie Marks I'm with you....I love the A&O series better than the MT books. In reality I think that I had already read the first three A&O books twice…moreI'm with you....I love the A&O series better than the MT books. In reality I think that I had already read the first three A&O books twice before I started reading the MT books. I get that Pbriggs struggles writing A&O a bit more, but it kind of bugs me that her publishing groups last contract had her writing 2 MT books, and one A&O book when she had expressed interest in writer about other characters as well. I mean, I would think her publisher would recognize that her fans would probably buy her books regardless of who the main characters are.(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Lindsay
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Angela
(ETA5: More character inconsistencies)
(ETA4: Update to rating, in light of "the conversation")
(ETA3: One more, very telling, quote from Silence Fallen regarding "the conversation")
(ETA2: Adding to the spoiler section. Some quotes from characters (who I would also expect to know) in other books regarding the subject of that spoiler conversation)
(ETA: Rating this was hard. I greatly enjoyed the book, but the spoiler section - no matter how small and insignificant it is to the book itself - took aw
Anne
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not as crazy about Anna & Charles as I am about Mercy & Co., but I always look forward to the Alpha & Omega titles because they show the flip side of what's happening in Mercy's world. Plus, Brigg's is just a fantastic writer.

description

Now, unlike the twist in Silence Fallen, I actually managed to figure this one out. So the ending wasn't all...

description

It was still good, though. And there were several people that I now see in a different light.
Leah? (view spoiler)
Jilly
Me trying to figure shit out: Well, okay, I thought it was an okayish book, except for that one conversation that I highlighted because What the Fuck???? So, if I just ignore that conversation....... ugh, I can't! Because if Charles KNEW.... and said others KNEW... it changes the entire Mercy Thompson/Alpha Omega world.

So, I'm frustrated! Not only do I HAVE to 1-star this book, but I HAVE to write a serious review as to why. You guys know how much I hate having to be serious! I'm against it 99.9
Lila
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: uf, favorite-authors
When you are following characters through the course of several books and you are emotionally invested in their fate, there is a reasonable expectation, even wish for the author to has some end game for them planned and a satisfying conclusion fleshed out, right? I am like this with Kate Daniels and Dresden. I want them to end on a good note.
But this isn't the case for me when it comes to Patty Briggs.
I want her to keep writing books in her shared universe as long as she has stories to tell; I w
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
On sale now, as of March 6, 2018! A solid and enthusiastic four stars. Full review first posted on Fantasy Literature.

Burn Bright is the fifth and latest novel in Patricia Briggs’ ALPHA AND OMEGA urban fantasy series … actually, it’s more mountainous wilderness fantasy, but it does involve werewolves and witches living amongst humans. Burn Bright, though it has different main characters, also intertwines nicely with the main MERCY THOMPSON series.

Bran, the grand-Alpha or Marrok of most of the we
katwiththehat
Mar 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rating in light of "The Conversation"

Patty Briggs is one of my favorite authors. However, characters shrugging off pedophilia like it's no big thing, victim blaming, women hating on women, characters ignoring the abuse of a child, and the narrative being shaped in such a way that a 1300-year-old man's sick fixation on that child attempts to excuse a grown woman's years of child abuse are not things that work for me. I eagerly anticipate Patty's next book and hope it will gracefully retcon these
Aisling Zena
description

Expected publication 2018. 2018!! Three years from the last book! THREE YEARS!!

description

P.S. This was published 6 months before Mrs Briggs husband passed away. This was published with a tongue-in-cheek intention for the delays of our favourite books. Obviously after Mrs. Briggs loss I don't expect her to be whipping up books. My condolences and love and hope she has the support she needs to get over this difficult time.
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

HOO boy.

DEAD HEAT, the last book from the Anna and Charles portion of the MERCY THOMPSON universe, is probably my least favorite book in the combined series, so despite my slight preference for the ALPHA & OMEGA characters, I was a bit leery of BURN BRIGHT . . .

And by "leery" I mean that I hesitated for a whole five seconds before accepting an ARC.

I love Bran. I love everything about the concept of the Marrock. I love the tiny middle-of-nowhere town for misfit werew
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
[3.5/5 stars] As Patricia Briggs is one of my favorite urban fantasy writers, I love that I have a new release from her to look forward to every year. Reading her books always feels like cuddling up with a warm fuzzy blanket when it’s snowing outside. Burn Bright was a nice installment in the Alpha & Omega series. Perhaps not quite as strong as the last couple of books, but still loads of fun all the same.

The positives were abundant: an interesting mystery to solve (one which I’m sure we’ll
♥Rachel♥
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charles and Anna are holding down the fort in Aspen Creek, while Bran, the Marrok is off on vacation. The story takes off quickly when one of the “wildling’s” (old wolves that are no longer safe to associate around Pack on a regular basis) mate calls for help. Anna and Charles go to investigate and find a lot more than they bargained for. There’s a lethal threat, assisted by a traitor in the Pack, and Anna and Charles must figure out if the traitor is one of the “wildlings”, or a closer Pack mem ...more
Obsidian
Mar 07, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Spoilers for those who have not read previous books in Alpha and Omega and the Mercy Thompson series to this point.

So I thought about this one all night long and realized that I honestly can't give this story in the Alpha & Omega series more than 1 star. The main reasons was the total retcon regarding Bran and Mercy that had me looking at the whole series in a new light (not in a good way), the information dumps galore we get regarding the Wildings, and the fact that we did not get enough o
Julia ♡ Sarcasm and Romance Addict ♡
I'm so pumped! I could read a 100 book series dedicated to these two as long as there's no more mention of horses.
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This book was amazingly good! I honestly loved every page of this story. It should probably come as no surprise to anyone who follows my reviews that I am a huge fan of Patricia Briggs. I was incredibly excited to get my hands on this book and went into it with really high expectations. This book exceeded every one of those expectations.

Charles and Anna are back at home with the Marrock's pack but this time Bran is away. Charles has
Steven
Thanks to Netgalley and Berkley for providing me with a copy in exchange for an honest review.

Patricia Briggs is one of my favorite authors. She consistently produces top-notch books, both in her Mercy Thompson series and in this one, the Alpha & Omega series, which is a spinoff of Mercy's stories and intertwines back and forth.

This novel picks up right around the events of the most recent Mercy book, Silence Fallen, and follows Charles and Anna as they handle some events surrounding the wil
Beth

by Patricia Briggs
Book 1 in the Alpha and Omega Series
Giveaway Runs Feb. 2 - March 6, 2018
Winners must have USA Mailing Address Only

Bran has left the pack to Charles while he heads to Europe to deal with an emergency with Mercy. Once that emergency is over Bran extends his absence from the pack by stating he is going to visit Samuel leaving Charles and his mate, Anna, to deal with an emergency c
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
I don’t read a lot of urban fantasy, but I do read everything that Patricia Briggs writes. After I read the first book in the Alpha and Omega series I was hooked, and Patricia Briggs became one of my favorite authors. Each of her books are a treat to read and enjoy. As soon as a new book comes out I make sure that the kids are in bed and I have no plans for the next day. Because I know I will be up all night until I read that last page…

The Alpha and Omega series is about two werewolves (a mated
Kira
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'll put this as nicely as I can: WTF!? I will never be able to look at Bran the same way again. This new revelation which is abhorrent made me think even more about his character. He may be physically strong, have lots of magic, and be a good leader, but he's a pathetic man. The thing Anna alluded to about him and (view spoiler) is wrong on so many levels. More importantly it makes no sense in context with the rest of the series. (view spoiler) ...more
I've put off writing this review for weeks because every time I think about this book I get mad all over again. I honestly don't think I've ever been so disappointed in the direction an author has decided to take  a story and while I totally get that it is Patricia Briggs' right to do whatever she chooses with her characters and her world I don't have to continue investing my time and money in her series. I suppose I should probably point out that before Burn Bright I would have considered mysel ...more
Holly
This spin off series is not as "fun" as the Mercy-centric series (because Mercy is the best), but I still find myself reading these. Partially because they sometimes give us more insight into Bran, who has always piqued my interest. And man, did this book deliver on the Bran front even though he barely even directly appears in this book. When you get to the part where Anna reveals a very interesting insight she has about Bran, you'll know what I mean! It was a jaw dropping moment for me.

Ok addin
Yodamom
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charles and Anna are left as heads of the pack while Bran is off on a vacation to Africa, without this mate. Yeh it something is weird, but I'll not tell you what. So Charles if left with his mate and Leah. with all their issues and snipping at each other. Talk about a rock and a hard place, ouch. I know you're thinking poor Charles, hah ! those were the easy times. There are some wolves who live on the edge, the windings, bare sane if at all, there are under the pack protection, aka his. One ve ...more
Cathy (cathepsut)
Very early in the book there is a brief conversation between Charles and Anna, that upset some of my goodreads friends quite a bit. It might cause them to stop reading this series and also Mercy Thompson. I was surprised when I read that conversation, mulled it over a little, but was not massively perturbed by it. It might or might not be a plot bunny for later books, we shall see.

Unfortunately the comment thread of that review had spoiled me by revealing who the traitor in this story is. That
Ian
There are some great ideas in this book.
There are some great characters in this book.

Unfortunately they take a back seat to Charles and Anna.

Don't get me wrong, I like Charles and Anna. They're great characters. I've enjoyed their story. But maybe it's time to move on. Explore some different characters.

If this book centred on Leah, Bran's wife / mate and the wildlings, I'm pretty sure it would have been a 5 Star book.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

Oh how I have missed Charles and Anna!

I love this series and the very fact that it coincides with my beloved Mercy Thompson series just makes it all the better.

I loved being immersed back into this world and more importantly getting to see Charles and Anna together again. The bond and relationship they have it amazing and the love and understanding between them even more so. I love that they make each other stronger and while they want to protect each other, they also don't smother or
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
I had so many issues. So, so many. I'm disappointed with everyone. With some more than others. I'm actually really angry.

I should have known. That cover looks too pretty.

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, urban-fantasy
Fantastic book, enthralling and captivating from beginning to end.

Full review to come...

For more of my reviews:
My Blog: Book Twins Reviews
Facebook Blog Page
Twitter
Beanbag Love
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Wavering between 3 and 4 stars. I thought it would be lower in light of some of the things I learned before reading, but after reading, I have to say I enjoyed it.

First I want to address the The Conversation (as it seems to be known). If what they're saying is true then, yes, it's a 180 on everything we've been led to believe and, really, everything that makes sense. It's also incredibly lazy writing because not every man has to be in love with the female lead. That happens in these urban fantas
Ina
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First read: April 2018
5 stars since Goodreads doesn't allow you to give any more of them

I finally got around reading this amazing book. I started re-reading all Briggs' book at the beginning of 2018 (starting with Mercy Thompson and then moving on to Alpha & Omega) and it took me way too long to get to Burn Bright. I basically stopped following my GR newsfeed for the fear of catching a glimpse of a spoiler from this book, because I wanted to really enjoyed it.

For a change, Anna and Charle
Mitticus
First impression:

3.5 stars for the story of witches

1 star for ... incredible annoying wtf of the rest. I don't know, maybe the goal is to stop asking about Bran, or stop waiting for books of Alpha & Omega. Though they never were my favorite books or couple; much prefer Mercy in any case. Please stay away fromm Asil, ok?

more thoughts later... maybe.

----------------

Pre-review before starting: I have been avoiding this book because I know about the 'conversation', on other occasions I have been
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

”We will learn Japanese, said Brother Wolf.”

Even though this is urban fantasy just like one of Patricia Briggs' other series, Mercy Thompson, you can't say the woman doesn't know how to write romance. Sure, it's a definite small part of the book as far as sexy romance goes but I just love everything Charles and Anna.

I love their bond and how they can speak to each other and everything in between. What's even more amazing is as time goes by, how much we find out they really know each othe
Justine
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
I really liked this installment. Getting a story that centred on the Wildlings and also gave more insight into Leah was fabulous.
Girls, Guns and G...: March NR BotM Burn Bright 93 69 Jul 18, 2018 08:03PM
Who's Your Author?: Anyone reading Burn Bright? 26 50 May 25, 2018 09:46AM
Fantasy and Vampi...: Burn Bright new release buddy read March. 16 39 Apr 14, 2018 04:30PM
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Burn Bright [March 2018] 47 57 Mar 17, 2018 05:50AM
  • Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3)
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Cold Reign (Jane Yellowrock, #11)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • Dragon Spawn (World of the Lupi, #13)
  • The Brightest Fell (October Daye, #11)
  • Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4)
  • Edge of Darkness (Rhiannon's Law, #4)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15)
  • Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark, #18)
  • Legacy of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #8)

Patricia Briggs was born in Butte, Montana to a children’s librarian who passed on to her kids a love of reading and books. Patricia grew up reading fairy tales and books about horses, and later developed an interest in folklore and history. When she decided to write a book of her own, a fantasy book seemed a na

Alpha & Omega (5 books)
  • Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1)
  • Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
  • Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stone of Tears (Sword of Truth Book 2)
    $9.99 $2.49
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Quicksilver (The Baroque Cycle, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Book of the Unnamed Midwife (The Road to Nowhere, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Witch's Reign (Desert Cursed, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Into the Fire  (The Thin Veil #2)
  • The Sudden Appearance of Hope
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Rite of Passage
  • Flowertown
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Jilo (Witching Savannah #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Line (Witching Savannah, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Void (Witching Savannah, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
“You cannot look at a person, and say, ‘If I could change this or that, if I could pick what I want and discard other things, I could love this one.’ Such a love is pale and weak—and doomed to failure.” 14 likes
“She played the first movement of Beethoven’s Pathétique Sonata.” “Number Eight,” said Anna. “Opus 13?” He nodded. “For almost two years, she played it every music night.” “What’s wrong with that?” Anna asked. “It’s a beautiful piece.” Charles grinned. “You’d think that. And it is. But I hear it in my nightmares, and I imagine Da does, too. You can’t play a tuned piano out of tune, but that’s the only thing she didn’t do to that poor piece of music. “Every performance was something new. Once she performed with a blindfold. Once she set a metronome up and never once played at the speed of the metronome. Once she played it at a quarter speed and added the other two movements.” He laughed at the memory. “People would think she was done, start to clap, and she’d play another note. A very slow note. It felt like it went on forever. But she never quite tipped my da into anything but white-lipped anger.” 5 likes