Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley January 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 116 (116 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31145 comments Mod
NetGalley

Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How to Participate:

The NetGalley Challenge is designed to not only get you to read your NetGalley books, but to also advertise your reviews for others to see because after all, that's what NetGalley is all about.

Though you may pop in/out at any time, the NetGalley Challenge will run on a monthly basis so you are able to see progress being made.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf
b: What books are on your NG shelf
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Then start a new post for the next month!

But Wait, There's More

Do you ever get so caught up in your reading that you don't want to stop to write your reviews?

Thinking about that, it was decided we need a "Review Weekend", once each month, set aside to write those reviews you've been not doing in favor of reading!

Review Weekends will vary randomly each month and is meant to be a time set aside to review. Take one, or both days and get caught up on reviews so you can spend the rest of the month reading!!

The next Review Weekend is set for Jan 20/21

**When linking your reviews, please link only to the book(s) here at GoodReads. At this time, linking to a personal blog is not allowed. Thank you!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31145 comments Mod
reserved

message 3: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Jan 27, 2018 11:17PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14471 comments Mod

Start of Month:

Books on Shelf : 5

Books:
B2B Marketing Strategy Differentiate, Develop and Deliver Lasting Customer Engagement by Heidi Taylor The Power of Company Culture How Any Business Can Build a Culture That Improves Productivity, Performance and Profits by Chris Dyer The Toymakers by Robert Dinsdale Armstrong's Job Evaluation Handbook A Guide to Achieving Fairness and Transparency in Pay and Reward by Michael Armstrong The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton

Feedback ratio: 95%

FINISHED
B2B Marketing Strategy Differentiate, Develop and Deliver Lasting Customer Engagement by Heidi Taylor review

ADDED
The Wren Hunt by Mary Watson Home by Amanda Berriman School for Psychics (School for Psychics, #1) by K.C. Archer The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth

End of Month:
Books on shelf:
Feedback Ratio:%

message 4: by Melanie (last edited Jan 31, 2018 04:57PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 741 comments I'm in, hoping to hit the elusive 80% this month! I read The Rogue Is Back in Town in December but haven't written the review yet, so it's still listed.

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 24
Feedback Ratio: 75%

Books (ordered by pub date):
Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1) by Susie Steiner A Christmas Day at the Office by Matt Dunn Hard Road (Jon Reznick, #1) by J.B. Turner All the Breaking Waves by Kerry Lonsdale The Grave Tender by Eliza Maxwell What Doesn't Kill You (DI Fenchurch, #3) by Ed James The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore Blackout by Marc Elsberg The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1) by Loreth Anne White Nobody Gets Hurt (Sam Wylde #2) by R.J. Bailey My Hellion, My Heart (Lords of Essex, #3) by Amalie Howard A Covert Affair (Librarian and the Spy Escapade #2) by Susan Mann The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken Invictus by Ryan Graudin Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2) by Melinda Leigh The Dark Lake (Gemma Woodstock, #1) by Sarah Bailey Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1) by T.R. Ragan The Birthday Girl by Sue Fortin The Rogue Is Back in Town (The Wayward Wallflowers, #3) by Anna Bennett The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks Just Between Us by Rebecca Drake The Burial Society by Nina Sadowsky The Perfect Duchess (The Macalisters, #2) by Erica Taylor

Added:
A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick #3) by Kendra Elliot Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3) by Melinda Leigh Never Dare a Wicked Earl (Infamous Lords, #1) by Renee Ann Miller Darkest Night (Sons of Broad, #1) by Tara Thomas Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1) by Rita Herron His Sinful Touch (The Mad Morelands, #5) by Candace Camp A Devil in Scotland (No Ordinary Hero, #3) by Suzanne Enoch My Scot, My Surrender (Lords of Essex, #4) by Amalie Howard Collision Point (Brute Force, #1) by Lora Leigh

Finished:
The Rogue Is Back in Town (The Wayward Wallflowers, #3) by Anna Bennett My Review Never Dare a Wicked Earl (Infamous Lords, #1) by Renee Ann Miller My Review His Sinful Touch (The Mad Morelands, #5) by Candace Camp My Review My Hellion, My Heart (Lords of Essex, #3) by Amalie Howard My Review
A Devil in Scotland (No Ordinary Hero, #3) by Suzanne Enoch My Review The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks My Review My Scot, My Surrender (Lords of Essex, #4) by Amalie Howard My Review The Burial Society by Nina Sadowsky My Review
Collision Point (Brute Force, #1) by Lora Leigh My Review Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1) by T.R. Ragan My Review Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2) by Melinda Leigh My Review

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 22
Feedback Ratio: 79%

message 5: by Kristie (last edited Jan 29, 2018 06:05PM) (new)

Kristie | 3282 comments I’m in!

Beginning of Month:

Books on Shelf: 13
The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner Bring Her Home by David Bell The Silent Corner (Jane Hawk, #1) by Dean Koontz When I Wake Up by Jessica Jarlvi Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips If The Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss The Space Between Words by Michèle Phoenix Hello Again (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #2) by Brenda Novak The Whispering Room (Jane Hawk, #2) by Dean Koontz A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1) by Kevin Hearne Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2) by Rachel Caine Still Me (Me Before You, #3) by Jojo Moyes

Netgalley Ratio: 89%

End of Month:

Read: 1
When I Wake Up by Jessica Jarlvi

Reviews: 1
When I Wake Up review

Removed: 1
A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1) by Kevin Hearne

Added: 5
The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth The Crooked Staircase (Jane Hawk, #3) by Dean Koontz Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz

Books on Shelf: 16
Ratio: 87%

message 6: by Alison (last edited Jan 30, 2018 05:00AM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2563 comments I'm in. I've been going a little nuts on requests so need to get back on track.

Beginning of Month

Feedback Ratio 84%
Books on Shelf: 33

Planning to Read
He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion My Husband's Wife by Jane Corry Skullsworn by Brian Staveley Sleep Tight (Detective Ruby Preston, #2) by Caroline Mitchell A Dark So Deadly by Stuart MacBride Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah The Idea of You by Amanda Prowse The Break by Marian Keyes The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin The Belles (The Belles #1) by Dhonielle Clayton The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven

Read & still to Review

Reviews Posted
The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1) by Melissa Albert

Books Added:
The Last Laugh by Tracy Bloom The Queen's Rising by Rebecca Ross The Boy on the Bridge (The Hungry Plague, #2) by M.R. Carey Force of Nature by Jane Harper

Current
Feedback Ratio 82%
Books on Shelf 36

message 7: by Lara (last edited Jan 31, 2018 05:30PM) (new)

message 8: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3282 comments Alison wrote: "I'm in. I've been going a little nuts on requests so need to get back on track."

I just requested a few too. I'm hoping to do better in January than I did in December.

message 9: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2563 comments I've made it one of my new year's resolutions that I won't request more than I read and review in a month. My ratio looks ok but I have too many archived books sitting on my shelf.

Weirdly on NetGalley my shelf has more books than my feedback ratio would suggest. My ratio is based on 30 unread, my shelf has 33. I have no idea why.

message 10: by Lara (new)

Lara | 676 comments Alison wrote: "I've made it one of my new year's resolutions that I won't request more than I read and review in a month. My ratio looks ok but I have too many archived books sitting on my shelf.

Weirdly on NetG..."

I have two shelves--one for recent books and one for those that were approved over 3 months ago. Perhaps your extra three are older books?

message 11: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2563 comments I thought that myself but I have 29 on my older than 3 months shelf. I thought maybe it was the oldest ones but there's more than 3 from around the same time.

It's a mystery. I just hope they don't suddenly add them back to my feed back ratio calc as it'll push it down.

message 12: by Michelle (last edited Feb 01, 2018 10:40AM) (new)

Michelle | 465 comments How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 10
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 69%

What books are on your NG shelf:
The List by Patricia Forde Ensnared by Rita Stradling Bookishly Ever After (Ever After, #1) by Isabel Bandeira Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember When We're Entwined (When We're Entwined #1) by Jody A. Kessler The Invisible Hand (Shakespeare's Moon #1) by James Hartley Another Postcard (Stone Butterfly Rockstars Book 1) by Elle Christensen Falsies (The Makeup Series, #1) by Olive East Photographic The Life of Graciela Iturbide by Isabel Quintero

Currently (finally) Reading:

New

DNF [feedback sent]

Read but not reviewed [no feedback]
Ensnared by Rita Stradling

Read but not reviewed [feedback sent]
Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch

Read & Reviewed

End of the month(view spoiler)

message 13: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3282 comments Alison wrote: "I've made it one of my new year's resolutions that I won't request more than I read and review in a month. My ratio looks ok but I have too many archived books sitting on my shelf."

I have far too many older / archived books too. Out of my 13, only 2 are on my "current titles" list. The rest are older than 3 months. I really want to start getting to titles within the 3 month timeframe. Right now, my oldest was downloaded Feb 22, 2017. Every time I pick it up something else comes up. It's not that the book is bad, but I just can't seem to get through it. I think I'm going to have to put aside a day and just read it.

message 14: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2563 comments I have 4 on my current shelf with the earliest archive date Feb so it's not too bad. It's those older books I really must get around to. My oldest is June 15 and is from when I first joined and went a bit nuts.

message 15: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 465 comments I like to read one of my newer books and then one of my oldest ones (or sometimes at the same time) & that way I get to the books I'm most excited about (and remember what they're about :D) and don't feel guilty for abandoning my oldest books :D.

The only downside is that some of my oldest books are in the middle of series and I didn't realize that before requesting them, so I need to read like 2-3 books for one of NG. :/

message 16: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2563 comments I've been caught by the later book in the series thing a few times. I wish they would make it a bit more obvious.

message 17: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

I really dislike the shelf being separated into "over 3 months" because I read by publication date. Sometimes books are granted 6 or more months in advance and even the publisher requests the reviews closer to the release date. So I find it a really useless separation that actually makes it more difficult for me to work out what I need to read next.
(excuse the whine lol)

message 18: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Alison wrote: "I've been caught by the later book in the series thing a few times. I wish they would make it a bit more obvious."

Yes!
This and advising in advance if it is a PDF or Kindle version would make a huge difference

message 19: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3282 comments I agree, Karen. I feel like if they’re on the older list I’m slacking. But some on that list for me aren’t even archived yet.

And YES on the pdf format. I almost requested a book recently and read the reviews which stated that it was a pdf and some people had difficulty downloading it.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 465 comments Karen ⊰✿ wrote:

Yes!
This and advising in advance if it is a PDF or Kindle version would make a huge difference "

Yes! I recently changed phones and my new one won't let me read them. Aaand to make things more fun, the battery of my old phone doesn't work properly so if I read 10 pages of any PDF it'll turn off.

For me personally, either adding a little sign that says it's a PDF or making a little blog on how to read PDFs in different devices would save me so much stress.

message 21: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2563 comments I don't know if it's on that older than 3 months list I can pretend it doesn't exist :) Seeing 4 on the screen makes me happier than 33.

I've only been caught by the pdf thing once and it was a cookbook. I didn't realise they self destructed after a certain period.

message 22: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

I've sent netgalley an email with suggestions. Not sure if I'll get a response, but I'll keep you all posted!!

message 23: by Andréa (new)

Andréa | 4 comments I just became a Netgalley member so this challenge will be helpful !

How many books on your NetGalley shelf : 4

What books are on your NG shelf :
No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1) by Angel Payne Moonlight in Vermont by Kacy Cross The Vanishing Spark of Dusk by Sara Baysinger Love Between Enemies (Grad Night, #2) by Molly E. Lee

Netgalley feedback ratio :

End of the month :
Books I read :

Review(s) :

Updated shelf count :
Updated books to read :
Updated ratio :

message 24: by Emily (last edited Feb 02, 2018 10:00AM) (new)

Emily | 1013 comments Ratio 78%
Books on Shelf 76
Goal 10 books

Christmas Wedding Swap
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Trouble Next Door
Claiming Bailey

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenv) | 137 comments Reserved!

message 26: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Jan 02, 2018 01:22PM) (new)

Andréa wrote: "I just became a Netgalley member so this challenge will be helpful !

..."

Welcome to the crazy ;)

message 27: by Michelle (last edited Jan 31, 2018 11:27AM) (new)

Michelle (vorvesm) | 46 comments Start of Month:

January Books on Shelf : 16
Feedback ratio to start: 79%

Books:
Current titles:
The French Girl by Lexie Elliott Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney The Elizas by Sara Shepard S.T.A.G.S. by M.A. Bennett

Older than 3 months:
Trophy Son by Douglas Brunt Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan Perfect (Flawed, #2) by Cecelia Ahern The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Absalom's Daughters by Suzanne Feldman Watching Edie by Camilla Way When I Am Through with You by Stephanie Kuehn Promise Not to Tell (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks

ADDED IN JANUARY
The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll Everything is Horrible and Wonderful A Tragicomic Memoir of Genius, Heroin, Love and Loss by Stephanie Wittels Wach People Like Us by Dana Mele

FINISHED
0 :(

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 19
Feedback Ratio: 77%

message 28: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3282 comments One of my requests was approved! I now have The Chalk Man. Guess I'd better get reading or I'm going to go in the wrong direction again this month.

The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor

message 29: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresabaker22) | 35 comments This will be brilliant for me im going to try and read netgalley reads i have far to many to review trying to read to release dates aswell

message 30: by Tiffany (last edited Jan 28, 2018 09:10AM) (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments 1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 17 (OMG!!! Lol!)
b: What books are on your NG shelf: If I Live (If I Run #3) by Terri Blackstock Amish Sweethearts Four Amish Novellas by Amy Clipston If Souls Can Sleep by David Michael Williams Precisely at Midnight (Kinsman Book 2) by Joyce Swann The Pirate Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower #2) by Kathleen Y'Barbo The Mayflower Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower #1) by Kimberley Woodhouse The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright Married for a Purpose New Habits of Thinking for a Higher Way of Living 52 Weekly Devotions for Couples by Greg Gorman Those Who Hope by Tim Stafford Lies That Comfort and Betray (A Gilded Age Mystery #2) by Rosemary Simpson The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll The Museum of Us by Tara Wilson Redd Strangler by Corey Mitchell War of the Staffs by Steve Stephenson The Taster by V.S. Alexander The Summer List by Amy Mason Doan The Phantom Tree by Nicola Cornick
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 14%

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

a: What books you read: Amish Sweethearts Four Amish Novellas by Amy Clipston The Phantom Tree by Nicola Cornick The Summer List by Amy Mason Doan The Taster by V.S. Alexander A Steep Price Blind Side by Jennie Ensor
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**: 1. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... 2. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... 3. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...? 4. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show.... https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... 5. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
c: Your updated shelf count: 99 (I added so many books...I'm weak!)
d: Your updated books to read War of the Staffs by Steve Stephenson Strangler by Corey Mitchell The Museum of Us by Tara Wilson Redd The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll Lies That Comfort and Betray (A Gilded Age Mystery #2) by Rosemary Simpson Those Who Hope by Tim Stafford Married for a Purpose New Habits of Thinking for a Higher Way of Living 52 Weekly Devotions for Couples by Greg Gorman The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright The Mayflower Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower #1) by Kimberley Woodhouse The Pirate Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower #2) by Kathleen Y'Barbo Precisely at Midnight (Kinsman Book 2) by Joyce Swann If Souls Can Sleep by David Michael Williams If I Live (If I Run #3) by Terri Blackstock See All the Stars by Kit Frick Beneath the Summer Sun (Every Amish Season, #2) by Kelly Irvin The Depths by Kirk Kjeldsen ] The Dead House by Billy O'Callaghan The Authority (The Culling, #2) by Ramona Finn The Awakening Part One (The Lycan War Saga, #1) by Michael Timmins Becoming Mrs. Smith (Volume 1) by Tanya E. Williams Girl Divided by Willow Rose The Picture Kills (The Quintana Adventures) by Ian Bull The Chaos of Change by J.T. Riggen Apart by C.J. Pastore Downside Up A Novel of Suspense (None of the Above Book 1) by Jane Thornley No Time To Blink by Dina Silver Maybe Never by Sadie Allen The Crystal Key The Wellspring Trilogy Book One by Robert Gronewold [bo[bookcover:The Tattooist of Auschwitz|36582334]okcover:The Phantom's Apprentice|37658091] The Secret Life of Mrs. London by Rebecca Rosenberg We'll Always Have Paris by Sue Watson Forget Her Name by Jane Holland Smoke by D.B. Borton The Edge of Memory by Maura Beth Brennan Hearts of Resistance by Soraya M. Lane The Promise Between Us by Barbara Claypole White The Muse of Fire by Carol M. Cram The Bone Curse (Benjamin Oris, #1) by Carrie Rubin Whippoorwill by R.L. Bartram The Oaken Heart by Margery Allingham The Dreaming Road by Elizabeth Moore Aphrodite's Tears by Hannah Fielding Age of Crowns Pursuing Lives Marked by the Kingdom of God by Kori de Leon Looking for Dei by David A. Willson Harp on the Willow (Mt. Laurel Memories #1) by B.J. Hoff A Lake of Feathers and Moonbeams by Dax Murray Blessed Are the Misfits Great News for Believers who are Introverts, Spiritual Strugglers, or Just Feel Like They're Missing Something by Brant Hansen Daughters of the Night Sky by Aimie K. Runyan The Future Will Be BS-Free by Will McIntosh Ibuki by Kathryn Sommerlot Daddy Darkest (Doctors of Darkness Book 1) by Ellery A. Kane Don't Rush Me (Nora Jacobs Book One) by Jackie May Book of Souls (Gods of Egypt 1) by Nadine Nightingale The Promise by Sally Jenkins Searching (The Starlight Chronicles, #0) by C.S. Johnson A Love Fulfilled by Angela K. Parker MRS by Noa Grey Talon (The Astor Chronicles #1) by Amanda Greenslade Jesus Speaks 365 Days of Guidance and Encouragement, Straight from the Words of Christ by Steven K. Scott Dead of Night (Aftershock, #1) by Carlyle Labuschagne Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles) by Lynette Noni Quietus by Vivian Schilling Mean Little People by Paige Dearth The After War The Complete Novel by Brandon Zenner [bookcov[bookcover:The Accidental Guardian|37673254]er:The Mansions of Murder|36516793] Milijun by Clayton Graham A Jot of Blood (The Coventry Years, #1) by Katherine Bayless The Lady Who Loved Lightning (Carolyn & Brandy #4) by Robert A. Sullivan Gone Tomorrow by Felicity Price Never Look at the Empty Seats A Memoir by Charlie Daniels Watch Me by Jody Gehrman Show Me (Me, #2) by Abigail Strom A Song Unheard (Shadows Over England Book #2) by Roseanna M. White In Places Hidden (Golden Gate Secrets Book #1) by Tracie Peterson The Accidental Guardian (High Sierra Sweethearts Book #1) by Mary Connealy The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz Dreams of Falling by Karen White 19 Souls (Sin City Investigation, #1) by J.D. Allen The Lightning Stenography Device by M.F. Sullivan Night Music A Novel by Deanna Lynn Sletten Morning by Morning A Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays by Tommy Hays Marriage God's Way A Biblical Recipe for Healthy, Joyful, Christ-Centered Relationships by Scott LaPierre Goddess Of The Wild Thing by Paul DeBlassie III Dead Lemons by Finn Bell Bringer of Chaos Forged in Fire by Kayelle Allen Blood & Water by Katie O'Rourke Blind Side by Jennie Ensor Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner Alexandria Rising Book 1 of The Alexandria Rising Chronicles by Mark Wallace Maguire Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella My Name Is Venus Black by Heather Lloyd The View from Rainshadow Bay (Lavender Tides #1) by Colleen Coble BEFORE I FOUND YOU by Daisy White Into the Black Nowhere (UNSUB #2) by Meg Gardiner The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell by Robert Dugoni One Fine Day (Hazel Green #1) by Cindy Kirk Every Note Played by Lisa Genova
e: Your updated ratio: 8%

message 31: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresabaker22) | 35 comments Sorry i have a question don't want to clog post up with question but when you say netgalley self is that current titles or just what u want to read for january cause on my current titles is 33.sorry a bit confused

message 32: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3282 comments Theresa - You’re NetGalley shelf is the books you still have to read and review through NetGalley, so your “current” shelf plus your “older than 3 months” shelf. Some people choose to only list the books they plan to read for the month, especially if they have a lot. That is up to you.

message 33: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresabaker22) | 35 comments Kristie wrote: "Theresa - You’re NetGalley shelf is the books you still have to read and review through NetGalley, so your “current” shelf plus your “older than 3 months” shelf. Some people choose to only list the..."

Thank you Kristie :)

message 34: by Theresa (last edited Jan 03, 2018 06:27AM) (new)

Theresa (theresabaker22) | 35 comments Start of the month:
Ng january book:7
Ng books on shelf Millie Vanilla’s Cupcake Café by Georgia Hill Match Made in Manhattan A Novel by Amanda Stauffer The Guilty Wife by Elle Croft Anything You Do Say by Gillian McAllister 29 Seconds by T.M. Logan The Confession by Jo Spain sweet home summer michelle vernal ( no cover)

Netgalley ratio: 14%

message 35: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 741 comments Well I'm certainly going on the wrong direction this month. It's only the 3rd and I've already been approved for 3 books.

A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick #3) by Kendra Elliot Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane #3) by Melinda Leigh Never Dare a Wicked Earl (Infamous Lords, #1) by Renee Ann Miller

message 36: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3282 comments I'm with you, Melanie! I just got approved for my second this month. I got The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth

message 37: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments I’m new to Netgalley so I didn’t think I’d get approved for so many. I guess I’ll have a busy month.

message 38: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3282 comments Haha, welcome to NetGalley, Tiffany! I hope you enjoy all your reads.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I am new to NetGalley so I have just added a couple titles to read. I've just started my first book and plan on writing a review for it in the next 2-3 days.

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 4
Feedback Ratio: 0%

Books:
Kids Like Us by Hilary Reyl By the Book A Novel by Julia Sonneborn Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella

Currently Reading:
This Love Story Will Self-Destruct by Leslie Cohen

Added:

Finished and Reviewed:

End of Month:
Books on shelf:
Feedback Ratio:

message 40: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Welcome to NetGalley Minnie!

message 41: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

I've been approved for
The Wren Hunt by Mary Watson

still a few more pending :o

message 42: by Beth (last edited Jan 05, 2018 07:03PM) (new)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1495 comments Yiiiikes after seeing everyone else's approval rating, I don't want to post mine but I'll use it as a reason to kick myself in the butt and read these!
5/81

How many books on your NetGalley shelf: uhhhh 81
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 26%

Finished:
Kiss Me in New York by Catherine Rider 1.4.18 4 stars
Love, Hate & Other Filters by Samira Ahmed 1.5.18 3 stars

DNF feedback sent:
The Search for the Green River Killer by Carlton Smith

Finished before January, sent feedback this month:
Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow You Were Here by Cori McCarthy

message 43: by Cai (new)

Cai (princesscai) | 167 comments I am literally drowning in NetGalley books from the year before last. I am not requesting anymore until I have halved what I have.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf

b: What books are on your NG shelf
Match Me If you Can by Michele Gorman Your Heart Is a Muscle the Size of a Fist by Sunil Yapa We Just Clicked by Sophie Childs Beyond the Stars by Stacy Wise The Witches of Cambridge by Menna van Praag I'll See You in Paris by Michelle Gable The Vatican Princess A Novel of Lucrezia Borgia by C.W. Gortner Another Love by Amanda Prowse A Girl's Guide to Moving On (New Beginnings, #2) by Debbie Macomber The Silk Merchant's Daughter by Dinah Jefferies On the Run (Big Mike and Minnie #1) by Susan Amanda Kelly Regrets Only (The Marriage Pact, #2) by M.J. Pullen A Stolen Kiss (Stolen Royals #1) by Kelsey Keating Siren's Song (Storm Siren, #3) by Mary Weber The Jewelled Snuffbox by Alice Chetwynd Ley Mayflowers for November The Rise and Fall of Anne Boleyn by Malyn Bromfield Something Short and Sweet by H.E. Bates In the Hope of Memories by Olivia Rivers In Defense of the Princess How Plastic Tiaras and Fairytale Dreams Can Inspire Smart, Strong Women by Jerramy Fine The Love Triangle by Nic Tatano Return to the Little Coffee Shop of Kabul (The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul #2) by Deborah Rodriguez Lizzie's Secret (The Workshop Girls #1) by Rosie Clarke Where the Heart Is Romance Collection by Erica Vetsch Finding Home by Lauren Westwood Writer Permanently Booked (The Ladies Smythe & Westin) by Lisa Q. Mathews The Sun King Conspiracy by Yves Jégo La Vie en Rose Life in Pink by Lydia Michaels Life As I Know It by Michelle Payne As If I Were A River by Amanda Saint Herman Melville The Dover Reader by Herman Melville The Little Pieces of You and Me by Vanessa Greene A Falling Friend by Sue Featherstone Bluegrass Bend by Mandy Magro A Teen's Guide to the 5 Love Languages How to Understand Yourself and Improve All Your Relationships by Gary Chapman Night Shift (Midnight, Texas, #3) by Charlaine Harris The Candidates Based on a True Country by Matthew S. Hiley Driving Miss Crazy by D.J. Van Oss Rock-a-Bye Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #16) by Carolyn Haines Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley Out of the Ice by Ann Turner Red Dirt by E.M. Reapy The Wedding Sisters A Novel by Jamie Brenner Lady of the Highway (The Highway Trilogy, #3) by Deborah Swift Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts The Missing Wife by Sheila O'Flanagan The Good Guy by Susan Beale Blame by Nicole Trope The Horseman by Charlotte Nash Summer in Good Hope (Good Hope #2) by Cindy Kirk Golden Hope by Johanna Nicholls The Secrets Sisters Keep by Sinéad Moriarty In Twenty Years by Allison Winn Scotch City of Shadows (London Fae, #2) by Pippa DaCosta Skin Deep by Catherine Barry Watching Edie by Camilla Way The Purpose Is Profit The Truth about Starting and Building Your Own Business by Ed "Skip" McLaughlin Sunset Shadows (Goodabri #3) by Bronwyn Parry Late Summer in the Vineyard by Jo Thomas A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1) by Amanda Bouchet Never Never (Detective Harriet Blue, #1) by James Patterson Txt Me by B. Bonin Bough The Zen of Social Media Marketing An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue by Shama Hyder Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1) by Erin Nicholas Southern Ruby by Belinda Alexandra Until I Love Again (St. Lawrence County Amish #2) by Jerry S. Eicher Raising an Entrepreneur 10 Rules for Nurturing Risk Takers, Problem Solvers, and Change Makers by Margot Machol Bisnow The Memory of Things by Gae Polisner Queen Bees Six Brilliant and Extraordinary Society Hostesses Between the Wars by Siân Evans The Art of Keeping Secrets by Rachael Johns Born Mobster by Paige Dearth The Birdman's Wife by Melissa Ashley The Family Secret by Fiona Palmer Hostile Takeover by Phyllis J. Piano Digital Kids How to Balance Screen Time, and Why it Matters by Martin L. Kutscher The Witches of New York by Ami McKay Beyond the Orchard by Anna Romer The One We Fell in Love With by Paige Toon Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay by Jill Mansell Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2) by Alwyn Hamilton Her Mother's Secret by Natasha Lester The Hidden Hours by Sara Foster White Sand, Blue Sea A St. Barts Love Story by Anita Hughes You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher The Romance Reader's Guide to Life A Novel by Sharon Pywell The Book of Summer by Michelle Gable Anne Boleyn A King's Obsession (Six Tudor Queens, #2) by Alison Weir
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is
21%

a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**

c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

message 44: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

another approval. oops :o
Home by Amanda Berriman

message 45: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3282 comments Hahaha. I just got two emails requesting reviews for books I haven't requested. I'm hesitating. I'm not sure I want to add to my pile. I still have, I think, 3 pending.

message 46: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Shannon wrote: "Guess I’ll join in....

Start of the Month
Books on shelf: 1
Feedback Ratio: 67%

Books:
The Ledberg Runestone (The Jonah Heywood Chronicles, #1) by Patrick Donovan

Added:
Thalgor's Witch by Nancy Holland

Finished:
[bookco..."

welcome! xD

message 47: by Shannon (last edited Feb 01, 2018 01:18PM) (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Oops! I accidentally deleted it. Geez! Guess I really need to consider getting this cracked screen fixed. Lol!

Start of the Month:
Books on Shelf: 1
Feedback Ratio: 67%

Books:

Added:
Thalgor's Witch by Nancy Holland A New Map of Love by Abi Oliver A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1) by Steve McHugh Amber (Red Hot Love #1) by Elle Casey Book of Souls (Gods of Egypt, #1) by Nadine Nightingale Furyborn (The Empirium Trilogy, #1) by Claire Legrand

Finished:
Thalgor's Witch by Nancy Holland
A New Map of Love by Abi Oliver
Amber (Red Hot Love #1) by Elle Casey
A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1) by Steve McHugh
Can’t post the review yet

Read previously but just now able to post review due to release date
Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3) by Melissa F. Olson
Fire and Bone (Otherborn #1) by Rachel A. Marks

End of the Month:
Books on Shelf: 2
Furyborn (The Empirium Trilogy, #1) by Claire Legrand Book of Souls (Gods of Egypt, #1) by Nadine Nightingale
Feedback Ratio: 82%

message 48: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments Kristie, I get that a lot, too, lol. Not just on Netgalley but through email. All of a sudden I’ll have new books in my email because an author liked my reviews or something. I end up so far behind because of that and because I have books that I want to read that were already on my tbr list. I love it though! I need a job that will just pay me to stay home and read. 😁

message 49: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments This may be a dumb question but where do I find my “older than 3 month shelf”?

message 50: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3282 comments Tiffany - On NetGalley, when you go to "your shelf," you can click on "give feedback." Under there, it says "Current titles (#) | Older than 3 months (#)." You can click on either current titles or older than 3 months to see those shelves.

« previous 1 3