What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Girl in hiding from abusive ex, meets fighter at self defence class then the ex attacks her in a pub / nightclub but he protects her and gets hurt, I think it was in a multi box set with other authors but can't find it.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M G Wade (new)

M G Wade | 7 comments The plot is something like this: girl is trying to get her life back after her abusive ex boyfriend nearly kills her, she goes to the gym with her friend reluctantly to take a self defence class, there she finds an instructor and his friend who is helping out, eventually they get her to help in a demo, but as soon as she is restrained she goes into a panic and has a meltdown, the instructor and his friend make friends with the two women and end up getting close, eventually they know about the ex and one day they are confronted by the ex in a pub/ nightclub and he ends up stabbing the instructors friend as he protects her, he is some kind of fighter i think.
Please help me find this book so i can re read it and see if it has followed on yet.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
M G Wade, please add some genre and plot details to your header. This could help your query get solved faster. Many people skim headers quickly and only click on the ones they think they know.

message 3: by M G Wade (new)

M G Wade | 7 comments Updated the title a bit more, wasn’t sure how much to write in it but thanks for the advice.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

You did great.

Is this NA? When did you read it?

message 5: by M G Wade (new)

M G Wade | 7 comments It was the last couple of years on my kindle can not remember if it was a box set but almost positive, NA?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

NA is New Adult. (If you were asking, I couldn't tell if you were asking or stating.)

message 7: by M G Wade (new)

M G Wade | 7 comments Sorry I was asking not sure of the terminology for books new adult still doesn’t mean anything to me, I was never a reader until someone got me a kindle, now I just bounce around feom book to book by recommendation. This book was either put in the set relating to either domestic abuse and /or a fighter theme, I think maybe he was MMA, the author is not someone I have read many books from otherwise I would remember who she was.

message 8: by Ayshe (new)

message 9: by M G Wade (new)

M G Wade | 7 comments No not that, just had a quick read through the description and I think the two male characters are not brothers but friends, the instructor maybe owns the gym but he is teaching self defence and the fighter is helping him out, but at the end it has a cliffhanger where the ex attacks her in a nightclub/ bar but her stops him but has ended up stabbed and it ends there.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

M G Wade, are you still searching for this tome or did you find it?