Start by marking “Breaking a Legend (Kavanagh Legends, #1)” as Want to Read:
Breaking a Legend (Kavanagh Legends, #1)

Breaking a Legend

(Kavanagh Legends #1)

Sarah Robinson’s series debut introduces the Kavanagh brothers—mixed martial arts fighters who work hard, play hard, and love with all their hearts.

As one of the big names at his family’s gym, Legends, MMA star Rory Kavanagh is used to being in the spotlight—until a gruesome leg injury knocks him out of the cage. Rory is left feeling sidelined in more ways than one, battl
Published September 29th 2015 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Breaking a Legend, please sign up.
Sarah Robinson Yes, this is told in third person dual POV. While it doesn't follow NA/YA's tendency to label the character's names on each section, each section is…moreYes, this is told in third person dual POV. While it doesn't follow NA/YA's tendency to label the character's names on each section, each section is written clearly in one or the other. :)(less)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 I am yours. You are mine Stars

photo 157234_original_zpsjnezap53.gif

"If you're with me, I will never let anything happen to you. No one will ever touch you. As long as I'm breathing, you are safe. He can't hurt you; I would never allow it. Do you believe me? Do you believe that I can protect you?"-Rory

What a cute, yummy book. Sexy, damaged, Irish, ex- MMA fighter? Yes please! I really enjoyed this book. From the first page I fell in love with Rory. God he was dreamy. I also really liked Clare. She was sweet, sassy and a little vu
Carol [Goodreads Addict]

Breaking a Legend is book one in the brand new Kavanagh Legends series by Sarah Robinson. This series is off to a great start and promises to keep us entertained for a long time to come as we get to know the sexy Kavanagh brothers. In this first book, we are introduced to Rory, the eldest of the brothers, as he deals with the loss of a promising career as a fighter and how it took Clare coming into his life and opening his heart to finally enable him to find his way again.

Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1) by J.B. Salsbury — Reviews ...

Rory Kavanagh thought h
Liz
~4 FANTASTIC LOVIN' the FIGHTIN' IRISH STARS!~

"We are different together. I am yours. You are mine."-Rory

Breaking a Legend is the first of the Kavanagh Legends Series. The Kavanagh Clan is an Irish Family living in Woodlawn, New York where they own the Legends Training Gym. Each brother is uniquely passionate about their family and the women in their lives!

description

"We're a very accepting family. Unless you hurt one of us-then you should probably run and hide."

Rory Kavanagh is the oldest of the Irish cla
Sarah Robinson
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-work
BREAKING A LEGEND, the first in the bestselling Kavanagh Legends series, is available now on audio and digital formats! Get started with these alpha male brothers that reviewers are raving over!

Purchase the e-book!
Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon AU | Amazon CA | Nook | Kobo | iBooks | Google Play | Books a Million

Now on Audio!
Amazon Audio CD | Audible | Tantor MP3 or Audio CD | Author Website

Subscribe to my newsletter for updates on the newest sales and releases here: http://www.subscribepa
NiCoLeTa E.
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
***4 "KnockOut" stars***

This story was a pleasant surprise!!!
In a world that whenever you are looking there is a book with MMA fighter, this book would totally worthing your time...
I had a real great time while i was reading it and i must confess that i really loved Rory Kavanagh and his dog, Ace, even more!!!

Rory "Knockout" Kavanagh was a legend in MMA fighting world. But after an injury toward a match in the Cage, his career abruplty came to an end.
Now, one year later, Rory is not the same
S.M. West
3 FIGHTING IRISH STARS

I was all of over reading this because I simply can’t resist an MMA fighter and Irish to boot!!

Rory Kavanagh is the oldest of a large Irish family and also a former MMA Champion who was injured in his prime.

After almost a grueling year of therapy, Rory knows his professional fighting days are over. To cope with this loss, Rory numbs his anger and pain with alcohol, drugs and sex.

His interest is piqued when he meets Clare Ivers. New in town, Clare is hiding out from an
Olga therebelreader
3.5 ~ 4 stars

This book was a very enjoyable read. I loved Rory and his domineering alpha ways, especially his protective attitude toward Clare. It’s a story set with a MMA/fighter character and a girl who’s haunted from mistakes of the past and has run away from an abusive ex-boyfriend. Clare is brave and is the perfect match for Rory who’s battling his own demons and is trying to find himself after a severe injury he had on the ring a year ago. Rory is struggling with drugs and alcohol and as s
Stacey is Sassy
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Wow, what an amazing family of serious hot MMA guys and one sister/cousin. Rory's leg injury reminded me of watching Joe Theismann's career ending injury. Rory battled back from it and trains his brother. Clare was running from a vicious ex, and was afraid that her ex would hurt Rory...bahahahaha. Rory and Clare were explosive together.

I can't do five stars because (view spoiler)
Kate's Corner

photo Breaking_zpslmarfvi6.jpg

So the release date for this book is the end of September. I didn't think I'd get a chance so color me fucking happy that I did. 3.5 Mhuirín Stars.

Fact is that I can't deal with white collar romances about millionaires/billionaires they drive me bat shit crazy. So books like this are my one of my favorite, tortured soul, down to earth modest and lives where he grew up. Heroine is also down to earth as well.

Rory Kavanagh is smoking hot and the oldest of five brothers. Quinn, Jimmy, Kane and
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
Thank you NetGalley and Loveswept Publishing for providing a copy in exchange for an honest review.

This one is a great New Adult series to start and I'm surely gonna read the rest of the series. If you love books with badass MMA Fighters in it, I recommend this one.

Rory Kavanagh is a famous Irish MMA Fighter. He made a promising career out of it until one match changes his entire career when he had a bad injury during his match. He underwent physical therapies during his recuperating period and
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Drunk and addicted to pain meds: Rory Kavanagh is a victim to his own self-pity. He was one of the world’s best MMA fighters before his career ending injury left the once godlike fighter as a weaker man to addiction.

Clare Ivers is running and hiding from a past laden with deceit, addiction, and abuse at the hands of an ex, but she will not let herself be dragged back into that world.

What these two find together is a level of peace and understanding. The chemistry they feel is worth the risk of c
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Taking Root and Growing Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free-Expires in 10 days-$1.99!!!
With full disclosure, I jumped into this series with the second book, Saving a Legend. From the first moment with this Kavanagh family, I was all in. Sarah Robinson crafted a family so strong and caring, I wanted to be part of it. And the fact, the men involved were fighters of all types with an emphasis on the MMA World was a huge draw.

This opening story focused on Rory Kavanagh and his feeling of loss..loss of his f
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***3.5 Stars***

"It's not about not letting you in, Rory. It's about being afraid to let myself out. I've lived behind certain walls my whole life; I'm safe there. Something about you is trying to change that, and I don't know why I'm letting it."

"Then let me behind your walls. Let me be your walls. You're safe with me."

Rory Kavanagh is the oldest Kavanagh child and one of the best MMA fighters in the world. One fight, one moment, one hit has forever changed his life. He doesn't know how to l
Cristina
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-finished, arc
DNF before 25%

Did I like this?

description

*ARC generously provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*
Lyndy Ann ♫
This is my first time reading Sarah Robinson I did enjoy her writing style. Breaking a Legend is the first book in her Kavanagh Legends series featuring a family of five brothers.

This is Rory Kavanagh's story he is the eldest brother who was at the top of his MMA career until a serious injury destroys his dream. Rory now spends his time drowning in whiskey and sleeping around, he is the shadow of the man he used to be and he has his secrets.

Clare Ivers has come to Woodlawn, New York to start a n
Heather andrews
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When Clare needs perspective she only needs to look to Casey for it, "what about Rory? The way he looks at you, I’m sure he would be fine taking up all your energy,” Casey suggested. Then her face immediately twisted up. “And now I’ve grossed myself out." Rory can be a romantic guy in his own way, or he just gets jealous easily, "Clare, you’re not training with anyone but me. There is no way in hell I’m letting another man have his hands all over you.” His voice was so deep she could feel it in ...more
Maya
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Review also on Amazon.

BASICS

Love triangle? (view spoiler)
Cheating? (view spoiler)
HEA? (view spoiler)
Any Descriptive Sex w/OW/OM/Ex? (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? Maybe, but not for now.
Rating: +4 stars

Review

description

I'm so glad I got the chance to read such an amazing story. It's above all a journey to re-find purpose in li
Claire Robinson
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: love-swept
3 - "I like to do things a little different." Stars!

I think a publisher is doing it's author a bit of a disservice when adding comments like the below to entice readers to give a book a go, and it seems to be the common thing lately.

Perfect for fans of Katy Evans and Monica Murphy

Because, they are immediately giving the reader high expectations of what they are potentially about to read, particularly if as the reader you are a huge fan of the authors works that the book is being likened to, an
Nicole Allen
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first saw this go up on Goodreads, I was like OMG!! A new Sarah Robinson series??? YES PLEASE!

Then it showed up on my kindle and I was like... this... is...PERFECTION, because I knew this would be another heart wrenching read as Robinson always delivers.

photo Damn-hot-fanning-_zpsk4os6qqg.gif

And Rory? My new book boyfriend for sure. I adore Clare as well, but Rory.... the perfect alpha! And I love how imperfect they are! This story is realistic, it's flawed people falling in love. That's what real life is. Their love and
Anna
Jun 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great MMA book and a very well written book that can hopefully launch a Kavanaugh series! Two lost souls finding each other in a very unique way that I prefer over some of the formula fiction any day. I admired both characters and was fighting for them the whole way through. I fell in love with this family immediately. The whole range of feels here too; solid read. Highly recommend!
Louisa
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sarah-robinson
Sarah Robinson does it yet again - a book that hooks you from being to end. The first book in her new series Kavagah Legends which focus on the Kavangh family and with a number of hot males and one women in the family this book won't be the last

First in the family to star is Roy a washed up MMA fighter after a mistake in the ring. Unable to come to terms with the loss of his career and lifestyle he turned to drugs and alcohol. Ace a rescue dog is his constant companion apart from one nights sta
Ari Reavis
Jun 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
*ARC received from Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review*

Alpha male down on his luck and a girl running from her abusive crazy ex anddddddd we're off. The book was pretty good. Although the main characters owns a gym and he's now training his brother, there isn't much fighting in the book. Not insta-love, but damn close to it. They were immediately drawn to each other, I guess you can say. Rory wasn't a cheating jerk so he's ok in my book.
Jessica Ann
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can not wait to read the final draft, but as a beta reader, let me tell you this... you are going to love this book! it's a great story of hurt, fear, and love!
Ivy Deluca
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
description
The Good : The blurb really pulled me in. I loved the thought of seeing two wounded souls dealing with their issues, and if one of those souls is housed in a hot MMA fighter hero, all the better. Rory’s injury was horrific and led him down the path of booze and pills to forget the pain and the loss of his career. Clare’s had her share of pain and is doing all she can to escape her horrible, abusive ex. The buildup for the story was good and I was in for the ride.

The Kavanaughs and their little
Jos
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Heartfelt, Amazing Stars

Wow.......this is my first read by this author and I am just amazed and in love with her writing! The storyline was great, it was intense, it was heartbreaking, but most of all, it was about finding one's self all the while finding the other half of their heart, a true soul mate:) The slow build-up was amazing, I enjoyed seeing how Rory took his time as he realized how special Clare was becoming to him. He put her above all else and the way he handled her was beautiful!
Marissa
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC Kindle Copy

MMA star Rory Kavanagh is still recovering after his loss in his last major fight, still in pain he been popping bills and drowning in whiskey to hide the pain. He finds himself force to train his younger brother at his father’s famous gym Legends for his upcoming MMA fight to his dismay.

Clare Ivers has recently moved from California and her own secrets that she is hiding from. She finds herself taking a self defense classes at the same gym as she befriends one of the workers who
Samantha
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story but there were things that annoyed me slightly to which it lost half a star. Breaking a Legend gets 4.5 legendary stars from me. I couldn't help but compare this story to that of The Hurricane by RJ Prescott considering the hero's ethnicity and MMA background and the heroine's own dark issues she's been running from. The story lines are very similar and I'm sure anyone who reads both will notice it pretty quickly.

Rory broke my heart for a bit because he lost his abilit
Kelly
****I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Thank you****

I loved this book. It had many of the great qualities of a good romance: handsome alpha male who is usually a manwhore, strong female who not looking for love, and some great angst and sexiness thrown in. It had something more: it had some down to earth issues tackled.

Rory may be panty dropping handsome, but there is more to him than that. He’s complex and dealing with issues that are real. He’s far from perfect an
XxTainaxX
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Clare gives Rory something to fight for. She has a past that haunts her but Rory is helping her heal. He is in need of love and care as well. He has lost his career and a little of himself along the way. The mcs have a good vibe going. Clare is funny and sweet and just what Rory needs. his family is hilarious. I really enjoyed the glimpse into their world and look forward to reading about the next brother or cousin :)

• Laid Out (Worth the Fight, #4)
  • Relentless Liberation: Serano Brothers Novel, Book1
  • Once Pure (Shattered Past, #3)
  • Salvation (Defiance, #3)
  • Fire Me Up (The Deacons of Bourbon Street, #2)
  • Lust is the Thorn
  • Token (Daring the Kane Brothers, #1)
  • Accelerate (Hotwired, #1)
  • Sin (Devil's Den, #3)
  • Vindicate (Recovered Innocence, #1)
  • Naked (Body & Soul, #1)
  • The Cage King (Entwined Realms, #2)
  • Shut Up and Kiss Me (Lost Boys, #2)
  • Beneath the Surface (Reluctance, #1)
  • Take Down (Billionaire's Club: New Orleans #3)
  • Taking Him Down (Wilinski's #2)
  • Punctured, Bruised, and Barely Tattooed
Sarah Robinson is a Top 10 Bestselling Author on Barnes & Noble and Top 25 on Amazon.

Purchase Sarah's Books Here:
 photo amazon-buy-button_zps00381138.png  photo button-buy-barnes-and-noble_zps9113bbbd.gif  photo iBooksButton_zps19885ad5.png  photo kobo-buy-button-fw_1_zpsf2f39855.png

Join the Goodreads Fan Club here

Stalk Sarah on Social Media:
Click on any of the links below to be taken to one of the social media sites!
Author Website | Subscribe to Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon Profile | Goodreads Profile | Tumblr | Instagram | Pi

Kavanagh Legends (6 books)
  • Saving a Legend (Kavanagh Legends, #2)
  • Becoming a Legend (Kavanagh Legends #3)
  • Rory & Clare: A Short Story
  • Chasing a Legend (Kavanagh Legends, #4)
  • Kavanagh Christmas (Kavanagh Legends, #5)