Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2017- Monthly Challenges > Pick For Me Challenge - November 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 169 (169 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Fabi (last edited Oct 31, 2017 10:39AM) (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Pick for Me Challenge!!!

It's that time again.

1. Create a new shelf or update your existing shelf on your bookshelf that includes approximately 20 books that you would like to have someone use to pick a book for you to read. Books will only be selected from the shelf you choose.

2. Post in this thread that you want to participate and provide a link to you Pick For Me shelf. If you played last month, I have your link. If you skipped a month or are new to the challenge, please post a link to your shelf.

3. On the last day of the month I’ll use the randomizer to pair up everyone.

4. Friend your partner who is picking for you or set your profile to public or your partner will not be able to access your shelf.

5. Post your selection for your partner in this thread.

6. Come back after finishing the book selected for you by your partner (even if it's after the month has ended) and let everybody know what you think about it.

Sign up period will remain open until pairs are posted on October 31st and you'll have until November 5th to select a book for your partner.

Sample shelf: Pick For Me

***November Pairs***

Kooloo Pick For Me, Ela

Jean Pick For Me, Amy

Lisa Pick For Me, Fabi

Paula Pick For Me, Grey

Leslie Pick For Me, Jan

Melinda Pick For Me, Jean

Grey Pick For Me, Kooloo

Tessa Pick For Me, Leslie

Renee Pick For Me, Lisa

Fabi Pick For Me, Melinda

Amy Pick For Me, Paula

Jan Pick For Me, Renee

Ela Pick For Me, Tessa

message 2: by Ela (last edited Oct 23, 2017 01:04PM) (new)

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments I’m in (although need to read this months ) - same shelf as usual 😀

message 4: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments ELA I want to be your partner too

message 5: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Have no clue how how to add a shelf but will figure it out after work... man this day sucks asss

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am in. 😁

message 7: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Oooooh ooooooh Leslie I want to be your partner too
How many can I have??

message 8: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in, though I still have to read Mason List. (I'm kind of scared of it).

message 9: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in too (even though I still have to read Throne of Glass from October's Pick For Me....which I think I am starting next)!! Too many books!!

message 10: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Tessa, I've been wanting to read Mason List for a long, long time!

message 11: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Yep I'm in. I dnf'ed last month's, but at least it's off my tbr now. I might go and tidy up my list for November :D

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Kooloo, its a fun challenge! We all get really excited over it. We each get one person we pick for and one person that picks for us. Fabi does the pairings with some randomizer computer thing.

I got to update my list.

Yay!!

message 13: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm in!

Working on last month's as well.

message 14: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments *high fives Renee* Procrastination for the win!

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I am in...still didn't get to my bonus pick of Poughkeepsie for October yet

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I want Kooloo to join and be my pickee.....I will fight Ela for her

message 17: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Yaaaaaayyyyyyy Lisa *now if I can only figure out how to work this GR contraption*

message 18: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments It is easy, we will walk you through it cuz you are one of our tribe now. If you haven't figured it out bt tomorrow I will post some instructions

message 19: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Girls girls gurlz. No fighting. Lisa, behave.

message 20: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Hokey Dokey Ladies Read 'Em And Weep!
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 21: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Omg Kooloo, everyone is going too want you as their pick! You have so many great books on your list that I know we've all read!

message 22: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments I KNOW RIGHT!!!! I read like a book a day and work six days a week... folks are gonna be like what the fuck has she been reading all the 5 Stars are in her to-be-read list!

message 23: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments The Truth! I read a lot of SHIT - if you know what I mean lol

message 24: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Yup, I want Kooloo. 3 of my all-time faves!!!

message 25: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) Oh yes Kooloo. Some very cool books on your list. Lots I haven't read though as well. Glad you've joined our challenge. Picking day is so much fun!

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Oooooh Kooloo - that is a great list. I already know what I'm gonna pick for you if you become my pickee. Yayayayayayay....fresh meat!!!

message 27: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments Lol fresh meat... that's kinda hot

message 28: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Welcome Kooloo!

message 29: by Ela (last edited Oct 24, 2017 08:24AM) (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Kooloo wrote: "Hokey Dokey Ladies Read 'Em And Weep!
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

It looks like you already read Making Faces????? NO?????

I pick Badger for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

It Ends With Us! So get to it/....

message 30: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments LOL I was all, wait, One Foot in the Grave, Rhapsodic, HIDEAWAY??? :D So many goodies to play with there.

message 31: by Ela (last edited Oct 24, 2017 08:36AM) (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Tessa wrote: "LOL I was all, wait, One Foot in the Grave, Rhapsodic, HIDEAWAY??? :D So many goodies to play with there."

OH??? I missed those but how??? Oh yeah, because I didn't read 2 of those...

message 32: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Because it was so full of goodies you saw your favorites first. :)

message 33: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Omg, me. Although, i still have to read the second on my PFM list from this month...

message 34: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Where the heck is Grey??? She picked a book for me in October which wasn't on my list!???!?!??!? (I think she picked from her list)!

message 35: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments See how excited we get about the Pick For Me challenge, Kooloo? Like, we're already all picking for you, and it isn't even November. We're helpful that way!!

message 36: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
What??? I did not!!!

message 37: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Omg, wtf, did i? Fabiiii... What happened?

message 38: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I think I am having a book anxiety attack. I am stressing myself out over a bunch of challenges I committed to for 2017 and I don't feel like I can finish them. (NOT this challenge, I love this) Its making me feel like I'm back in school with a required reading list.

I don't want to read old books in my TBR I want to read new shinies.

That's it! I am totally revamping my "pick for me" list. Other challenges be damned!!!

message 39: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments OMG! Leslie!!!! It feels so like school and I MISS SCHOOL!

message 40: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Ugh Ela! Not me. College gave me anxiety.

message 41: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Good for you, Leslie!!

message 42: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Life's too short to not read what I feel like it. Right?

Ok, list revised. 😊

message 43: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_nm) | 140 comments Am I too late to throw my name in for November? 🙏 I missed out last month.

Amy's pick-for-me list

message 44: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments You are good Amy and i know what I am picking if I get you!!!

message 45: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy_nm) | 140 comments Oooooh, I can't wait!! *rubs hands together*

message 46: by Kooloo (new)

Kooloo | 596 comments When do we start this again?!!

message 47: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Fabi will usually do the picks on November 1st unless someone bugs her to do it earlier....*cough cough, Ela*

Then, you have the whole month to read it!

message 48: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Well technically Fabi usually will be good to us and post something the day before the first (in the US) because it's technically the 1st in Australia... And then there are days we can't find Fabi any where!

message 49: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I just have to say one more time - like I don't say it every month - this is the BEST challenge ever. The excitement of picking for someone and having someone pick for you....I can hardly wait until the 1st each month!

message 50: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm excited too. I think I'll update my Pick For Me list tonight.

And speaking of which....where the heck has Fabi been??

« previous 1 3 4