Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading October 9?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2064 comments Mod
This week I'm reading Leaning Into Always and Leaning Into Touch by Lane Hayes.

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1245 comments BATTLE STATIONS!!

I have 8 (EIGHT!!) arcs to read and review by October 31. It was nice knowing you...and I'll see you on the flipside. ;-)

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikanne) | 222 comments I am currently reading The Lady's Guard by Christi Caldwell.

message 4: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I'm in research and writing mode mode this week for a rush freelance project due in twenty-one days, plus, like Stacey, I have a stack of reviews to complete by the end of the month. I have read all the October review books. Any reading time I have will likely be devoted to the Mary Stewart books I bought on the Kindle sale last week, and I do hope to find time to read Jill Shalvis's novella Holiday Wishes.

message 5: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1895 comments Mod
I read an unsatisfying mystery with a bummer ending last week that stopped me in my tracks. So, I'm binge-watching and keeping an eye out for just the right romance to get me put of my slump. Isn't the new Elizabeth Hoyt out tomorrow? I think that's the one...

message 6: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2079 comments Mod
Oh good. For some reason I thought the new Hoyt was in November. But it looks like it is tomorrow.

message 7: by Janga (new)

I have the Hoyt downloading in a few hours, but it will probably be next month before I get to read it.

message 8: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1150 comments whoo hoo new Hoyt! forgot about that! yay!

message 9: by Manda (new)

Hey guys, if you remember I used a Julie Brannagh book for a Monday puzzler a while back. She wrote funny sexy football books. Unfortunately she passed away suddenly a month or so ago. It was a shock to Romancelandia and Avon is throwing a celebration of her books on Facebook today and giving away several complete sets of her books. Thought you might want to check it out.

https://m.facebook.com/171237850099777

message 10: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2079 comments Mod
Whoops. The Hoyt is next week.

message 11: by Janga (new)

So I discovered when only one new book was on my Kindle this morning instead of three. The Harlequin Historical anthology with a new Carla Kelly novella is next week too. I thought both were today. I should have checked my book calendar.

message 12: by Manda (new)

I wish they'd stop moving release dates all over the month. :(

message 13: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2079 comments Mod
So what was this week? I need a book to get me through to next week.

message 14: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Yeah, I mentioned yesterday that the Hoyt didn't release until next week but for some reason it didn't post. I'm with Deb, I need some suggestions!

message 15: by Janga (last edited Oct 11, 2017 09:54AM) (new)

Not much on my list for this week. Nancy Naigle's Hope at Christmas, a sweet women's fiction/romance hybrid that I liked and Stacey hated. :) The anthology Heartwarming Holiday Wishes--also sweet, as the title indicates. I bought it for the Liz Flaherty novella, the only one I've read.

I have a bunch that were released last week--all the St, Martin's Christmas titles: Manda's Wish Upon a Christmas Ring*, Kieran Kramer's Christmas at Two Love Lane, Emma Douglas's A Season of You, Donna Alward's Deck the Halls*, and Donna Grant's The Christmas Cowboy Hero. I starred the ones I recommend, but I have not yet read the Kramer or the Grant, and I'm not sure about the Alward for readers who have not followed her Darling, VT series. Debbie Macomber's Merry and Bright is nice if you like Macomber, and I liked Samantha Chase's Holiday Spice, the conclusion to her Shaughnessy Brothers series. There was also Diane Chamberlain's The Stolen Marriage, a 1940s-set Southern Gothic that I thought was kind of meh.

Next week is better, but October 31 is the next big release day. Wilde in Love, which I recommend with bells and whistles, releases then. It is such a fun read! I also recommend Joanna Schupe's A Daring Arrangement (American historical) and Sally Kilpatrick's Bless Her Heart (Southern fiction). I'm looking forward to Debbie Mason's Sugarplum Way. Also on my TBB list are releases from Janna MacGregor, Valerie Bowman, Sarah Title, Kim Law, and Lori Wilde.

message 16: by Irisheyes (last edited Oct 11, 2017 11:50AM) (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Thanks, Janga. I've got both the Eloisa James and Joanna Shupe releases on pre-order! Can't wait.

I just received word from my library that Robyn Carr's The Summer That Made Us is available for download. Maybe I'll give that a try. The blurb sounds so sad so I've been hesitant. We've had a horrible month with accidental deaths among kids my children know and my mommy heart has been aching for weeks now! I'm trying to stick with fun, light hearted reads.

I downloaded an old Kristan Higgins a while back, maybe I'll give that a try. Either that or re-read some SEP or Julia Quinn! LOL

message 17: by Manda (new)

Thanks for the shout out, Janga! I've been pleased with the response to WITH THIS CHRISTMAS RING.

Irish, how sad. I don't blame you for looking for light subjects right now.

We have a Serena Bowen to look forward to at the end of the month, BOUNTIFUL, that bridges the Brooklyn Bruises and the True North series. So there's that.

message 18: by Stacey is Sassy (new)

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1245 comments I really enjoyed Bountiful and definitely recommend. This month is kicking my butt and all I want to do is listen to my Penny Reid books instead of reading my ARCs that are due. I'll get there...I always do.

Janga, it cracks me up that we were on opposing sides with Hope at Christmas. I'm obviously not sweet enough. ;-)

message 19: by Janga (new)

Irisheyes wrote: "Thanks, Janga. I've got both the Eloisa James and Joanna Shupe releases on pre-order! Can't wait.

I just received word from my library that Robyn Carr's The Summer That Made Us is..."

Irish, The Summer That Made Us was a two-hanky read for me. It's a good one, but it left me weeping.

message 20: by Janga (new)

Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I really enjoyed Bountiful and definitely recommend. This month is kicking my butt and all I want to do is listen to my Penny Reid books instead of reading my ARCs that are due. I'l..."

The differences keep life interesting, Stacey. :)

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I’m so behind on reading, I have 4 books on deck

message 22: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Thanks, guys. Yeah, I think I'm going to hold off on the Robyn Carr, Janga. I forgot about BOUNTIFUL! That one looks good. I was soooo looking forward to RESURRECTION by Karina Bliss but I just found out she has pushed that release date back to March of next year. That really bummed me out!

Janga and Stacey, that's funny about HOPE AT CHRISTMAS! I just read the RITA award winning book by Sarah Morgan, MIRACLE ON 5TH AVENUE, and I thought it was just meh. There are some authors that everyone raves about over and over and over again. I've tried them more than once and they just don't click for me! Different strokes....

message 23: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1150 comments Thinking of you Irisheyes.

I'm reading a delightful HR at the moment but thinking I might use it as the puzzler next week so won't mention names lol