Start by marking “Holiday Wishes (Heartbreaker Bay, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Holiday Wishes (Heartbreaker Bay, #4.5)

Holiday Wishes

(Heartbreaker Bay #4.5)

It’s Christmastime again in Heartbreaker Bay!

When Sean O’Riley shows up at the Hartford Bed & Breakfast for his older brother’s bachelor weekend, he’s just hoping to make it through the weekend. What he’s not expecting is to come face to face with the woman he lost his virginity to a decade ago—a woman he’s never really forgotten.

The last time Lotti Hartford saw Sean,
Published November 7th 2017 by Avon Impulse

To ask other readers questions about Holiday Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holiday Wishes

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Holiday Wishes is book #4.5 in the Heartbreaker Bay series by Jill Shalvis. I have been in love with this series from the start and this was the perfect little Christmas novella to add to it.

Sean O’Riley, Finn’s younger brother and co-owner of the pub, was always the one his brother couldn’t count on. The one Finn had to bail out of scrapes. He owed Finn everything. And now, with Finn and Pru’s wedding and he as the best man, he is determined to make up for all of it. He planned the bachelor/bac
Julie
Holiday Wishes by Jill Shalvis is a 2017 Avon Impulse publication.

Super short, but cute holiday novella-

Pru and Finn are tying the knot, but Finn’s brother, Sean, is the one who is nervous. He managed to get the B&B that Pru wanted for their big bachelor and bachelorette bash and is determined to see that everything goes off without a hitch.

He never dreamed in a million years that he would meet Lotti Hartford at the B&B. Sean and Lotti shared their first sexual experience with each oth
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

If anyone can make me like Holiday romances it's Jill Shalvis. Holiday Wishes had a great mix of Holiday cheerfulness and steamy romance that had me captivated from page one.

I loved that there was a bit of a role reversal in this story. Sean, the one that usually wants a hook-up and nothing more, now wants something with more meaning than a quick fling, while the woman he has his eye on and who he thought would want a relationship actually only wants something fun.
Claire Robinson
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 - "You go ahead and give ignoring what's still between us your best shot... I'll wait right here." Stars!

Christmas would not be the same without at least one offering from Jill Shalvis, and lucky us we get two in 2017, following on from Chasing Christmas Eve; Holiday Wishes gives us Sean O’Riley’s story.

Sean is Finn’s younger brother, the brother who no one has any expectations of, and expect nothing from. Finn being the elder brother always sorted everything out for him when he was younger,
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was such a nice little story! I have really enjoyed all of the the books and novellas in the Heartbreaker Bay series and Holiday Wishes was no exception. This novella can easily be read as a stand alone story but readers of the series will enjoy seeing characters from previous books make an appearance in this installment. I had such a good time reading Sean and Lotti's story.

Sean and Lotti are the focus of this story. Sean is ta
Stacey is Sassy
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes, your wishes come true…

Jill Shalvis has an amazing ability to suck me in and leave me satisfied at the end of reading a novella/short story. Sure, I love everything she writes and want more, but I can still be extremely content when she gives me a little. Holiday Wishes gave me all the happy buzzes that I want and need in my romance reads.

Sean has finally grown up and is acting like a big boy. Luckily, in all the mistakes in his life, his brother always had his back and loved and suppo
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Holiday Wishes was sweet, heartwarming, and had an oh so perfect ending! I was surprised with how much was packed into this second chance novella! And I was surprised again with how quickly I connected to the characters and was invested in this storyline. So I definitely wasn't ready to say goodbye to them, but thankfully I'll get to see them in the future books of this series.
He had to laugh. “Lotti, when I first met you, you were in PE class wearing a baggy T-shirt and sweats and I wanted y
Geri Reads
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
What makes a perfect holiday read?

For one, it has to be sweet. Nothing says holiday novella than a sweet, satisfying romance that make your toes curl. Holiday Wishes has plenty of romance, and yes, it's sweet and satisfying, just the way I like it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Two, it has to be the right length. Look, holiday season often means, you're pressed for time. You have to do a lot of shopping and cooking. And as much as you want to sit by the fire and read a fabulous 300+ page book for hours, you can't. Not alway
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4.5 'A chance at you' Stars!

Ahhh, the satisfying feeling I always have when I finish a Jill Shalvis' work it's here! I always go back to a beloved author when I feel I need a feel good novel. And Jill and her Hearbreaker Bay series always helps! What better way to start getting in the mood for Chirstmas than go back to the amazing crew from Hearbreaker Bay, am I right? I loooooved this sweet romance!

It was time for Sean O'Riley to fall in love and how much I adored reading his second chance with
.Under the pages
Dec 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Sean and Lotti had their chance in the past and it didn’t work out. He went away to study with the promise that they would still keep in touch. But that never happened. Ten years have passed and they never talked to each other again since their first and only night. Until he’s at her B&B with his friends and family, asking for a second chance.

Full review available at Under the Pages.

description
Stacee
I had just finished the previous book when I saw that I had this one too, so I just had to keep reading.

Love love love Sean and Lotti. He's been fun to read in the other books and she's hilarious and together they're adorable. I loved that they have a history and that what they want in the present is completely opposite from what they had.

Plot wise, it moves pretty fast, especially since it's just a weekend. The angst is at an all time low and the sweetness was up. Oh, and the UST is palpable.
Jaime Arkin
I want more Sean!!!
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (live 11/29)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2fPViXM

Yall. It's a Jill Shalvis. You know I'm gonna love it. And Holiday Wishes? Totally holiday cuteness.

So, yes. A wedding weekend getaway to a quaint little inn in the country. How fun! And awkward when the inn keeper? Turns out to e the lady you lost your virginity to years earlier and who may be pretending to have no clue who you are because, yeah, you fucked things up right good all those years ago. Mmhm. #S
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Finally Sean's book!
And it was a really adorable second-chance christmas novella.
Snowed or rather rained in at this beautiful old Inn in Napa, with all his friends, celebrating his brother's bachelor/bachelorette thing.
He grew up a lot since he last saw the pretty little Inn owner! He just has to convince Lotti that he's serious about their forever ever after this time!
Short & adorable - a little too insta maybe, BUT they've known each other for 10 years!
☺ I liked it! Can't wait to read J
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

A Christmas novella set in the Heartbreaker Bay series is not something that I can pass up. To be honest, I knew I was probably going to enjoy this story because it’s a Jill Shalvis holiday read. She does this really well and I liked that she was able to include some good conflict despite the fact that it is a shorter read.

This story is about two past lovers. Lottie and Sean had been together before but years have passed and they have both changed. Once a heartbreaker, Sean is now looking for h
kimbacaffeinate
Oct 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Sean is responsible for planning the pre-wedding parties for his brother and future sister-in-law and he wants everything to be perfect.  He desperately wants to show his brother and friends he has changed or grown-up. But most of all he wants to show how grateful he is. While the weather is not cooperating, things get interesting at the B&B. The hotel manager ends up being someone from Sean's past.

Heat, humor and a heartwarming tale soon follow as Lotti and Sean reminisce and discover somet
Irene
4 Heartwarming Stars

Holiday Wishes by Jill Shalvis is a sweet, hot and feel good second chance romance and I loved it.
I enjoyed watching Sean and Lottie reconnect, they made me smile, they made me swoon and I loved how Sean wasn't going to let Lottie slip away from him again.
Now older, wiser and ready to love unconditionally, this was their time, their second chance at love.

description

Jill Shalvis has once again delivered with Holiday Wishes, it's a touching and heartwarming second chance romance that wi
Alison
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you know me by now you know that Jill Shalvis is my going to author where booking coming out, click re-order & consume it.

As this was a novella it was like only been home for the Christmas & just touching base with everybody until next time where you can spend so time with them :)

So that is exactly what I did & we got to meet Lotti The girl that got away & Sean has a chance to make his.
Priyanka
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED Sean and Lottie, I loved the plot and to see the whole group and Fin and Pru's wedding but I definitely wanted more. I really really do.
Gretchen  (About That Story)
This was a totally entertaining story that packed a punch. It was fantastic read with genuine characters, the perfect mix of sweet and sexy with a just the right amount of emotion and playfulness. I loved this and thought it was a great addition to the Heartbreaker Bay series.

Sean and Lotti were such likeable characters and I loved their story. Even though it’s a novella it felt really full with great details and an awesome build. It was fast paced but I didn't feel like I was missing anything.
Cheri
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very short novella from the Heartbreaker series. This one tells Sean & Lottie's story.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Holiday Wishes is a novella in the Heartbreaker Bay series and listed as #4.5. Sean O'Riley arrives at the Hartford B&B to find the woman he lost his virginity to ten years ago. After she moved away he promised to keep in touch but didn't. Charlotte "Lotti" Hartford never thought to see Sean again and certainly never thought he'd be interested in her after all these years. She needs to get through the weekend and get out of Dodge. Well, vacay in Cabo, anyway. But nature has other plans.

It's
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Holiday Wishes was a sweet, tender novella in one of my favorite Shalvis series, and I loved to see this more mature side of Sean.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
While Holiday Wishes is a quite short story, the feel of the Heartbreaker Bay gang is very much present. The group of friends and family are away for a weekend of bachelor and bachelorette party for Pru and Finn. All organized by Sean, to the amazement of everyone. He has planned everything down
Under the Covers Book Blog
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it

herdys
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
After the disappointment that was Spencer's book I was so glad to enjoy this short story.

Usually short stories don't have much time to develop a very believable love story but in this case it worked for me cause they had a previous relationship. Plus they didn't profess their undying love or decided to get married after reuniting.

Sean has come a long way and it was great to see him being there for his brother and fix the wedding. We didn't have much time for Lottie but I could see she belonged w
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute novella about a wedding gone wrong and second chance romance between high school friends. Holiday Wishes was a quick and fun read.
Heather andrews
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sean has a tender ego, "'wasn’t all that great,’” he was echoing to himself. “Yeah, I’m going to need you to explain that.” Lotti isn't one for surprises, "...The last thing she remembered was . . . well, riding Sean like a wild bronco. But she was alone in her bed..." I liked this little novella I loved Sean and Lotti.
Linda
A fun and cute holiday novella!

“If you don't leave your past in the past, it'll destroy your future. You've got to live for what today's offering, not for what yesterday took away from you.”

Holiday Wishes is a festive and adorable second-chance-at-love romance in Jill Shalvis’ wonderful Heartbreaker Bay series! It’s a fun and cute novella with low angst – perfect to usher in the holiday season! WooHoo! Cocky bad-boy Sean O’Reilly’s story is HERE! Sean is Finn's younger brother and co-owner of
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I'm not a huge fan of second chance romance but I think they work well in novella's. The group work is already done so you don't feel like their romance is rushed. Nothing worse they a unsatisfied wham-bam!

With Holiday Wishes you don't feel that way. You really get to know the two main characters Sean & Lotti. Of course you already know Sean from prior books but you get to see another side of him in his book.

I
BJ
As usual, a novella is just not long enough, but Jill Shalvis is one of my go-to romance authors and this was a small peak into her Heartbreaker Bay series. She writes romance with not only chemistry, but humor. Engaging read.
  • Prosperity: A Judgement of the Six Mating Novella
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • Loch and Key (The McLaughlins, #3)
  • Defending Hearts (Boys of Fall, #2)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Snowbound at Christmas (Montana Men, #5.5)
  • Wolf at the Door (Snowdonia Wolves #1)
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • Marry Your Billionaire
  • Beautiful Salvation (Blood Prince, #5)
  • Cowboy Christmas Blues (Gold Valley, #0.5)
  • His for Christmas (House of Trent, #1.5)
  • All He Wants for Christmas (The Rapture, #3; Spurs and Stripes, #2; Against All Odds, #3; O'Connor Family, #1; Rough Riders Hockey, #1; Holly NC, #1-6 & 7)
  • Mistletoe Me, Baby (O'Connor Family, #4)
  • Player
  • Take It Like a Vamp (Take It Like a Vamp, #1)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi

Heartbreaker Bay (8 books)
  • Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1)
  • The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
  • Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • About That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)
  • Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay, #6)
  • Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
“I want you to give me a chance.”
“A chance at what?”
Shifting so that he could press his forehead to hers, he said one word. “You.”
Her breath caught. “Sean,” she breathed.
“Because you’ve got me,” he said. “All of me.”
1 likes
“At the empathetic tone in Sean’s voice, Lotti’s heart and stomach and head all clenched in unison. “What do you mean you can’t give me what I want?” she asked. “All you have to do is walk away.”
“Tried that already,” he said. “And it was the biggest mistake of my life.” He brought her hand up to his mouth and met her gaze over their entwined hands.
He was looking at her like . . . well, she wasn’t sure what was going on in his head, but her thoughts were racing along with her pulse.
“You’re incredible, Lotti. I hope you know that.” Very slowly, clearly giving her time to object, he pulled her into him.
Her breath caught at the connection and his eyes heated in response as he slid a hand up her spine and then back down again, pressing her in tight to him from chest to thighs and everywhere in between. His nose was cold at the crook of her neck, but his breath was warm against her skin. She felt his lips press against the sensitive spot just behind her ear and she shivered. “You’re trembling,” he said, his voice low. “Are you cold?”
“No,” she whispered. Try the opposite of cold . . .
“Nervous?”
“No.” Not even close. The way his mouth moved across her skin was making her warm all over. Not that she could articulate that with his body pressed to hers and his fingers dancing over her skin. She was literally quivering as the memories of what it felt like to be touched by him washed over her, as if no time at all had gone by.
Yes, she’d let him think that their time together had sucked for her. But it hadn’t. Not even close. That long-ago night he’d evoked feelings and a hunger in her that she’d never forgotten. “I’ve just had a long day,” she said.
“I know. I’m going to make it better.” He pressed a kiss at the juncture of her jaw and ear before he made his way to her lips for a slow, hot kiss, his mouth both familiar and yet somehow brand-new. She was so far gone that when he pulled back she protested with a moan, but he held her tight, staring down at her with heated eyes. “Just checking,” he murmured.
“Checking what?”
“That you want this as badly as I do.”
0 likes