Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > Schedule for Unhewn Throne

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (last edited Jan 30, 2018 04:00PM) (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7422 comments Mod
Schedule for Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne by Brian Staveley.

The Emperor's Blades (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne, #1) by Brian Staveley The Providence of Fire (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne, #2) by Brian Staveley The Last Mortal Bond (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne, #3) by Brian Staveley Skullsworn (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne #0.5) by Brian Staveley
12/15 The Emperor's Blades
1/25 The Providence of Fire
2/20 The Last Mortal Bond
3/22 Skullsworn

Come join us! :)

message 2: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2423 comments I've read 100 pages of this before I put it down due to not feeling it is the right time to read it but I may join although I will be reading Lies of Locke Lamora on that date so I might start later unless anyone else wants to start it later

message 3: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Looks good to me! I've heard plenty of good things about the series, along with a few not so good, so I'll be interested to see what I make of it.

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris (murphy44) | 706 comments I'm going to have to read Lies and this one at the same time. I'll just do my best to pound them both out over the Christmas! Maybe I'll start Game of Thrones earlier to make room ;-)

All those dates work for me Niki. There's another read that I have on the 20th of Feb, but it's small and shouldn't interfere, so that's a green for go from me!

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3611 comments Those dates work for me.

message 6: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2423 comments Chris wrote: "I'm going to have to read Lies and this one at the same time. I'll just do my best to pound them both out over the Christmas! Maybe I'll start Game of Thrones earlier to make room ;-)

All those da..."

Game of thrones starts on the 1st so we're gonna start it early anyway haha

But just to let you guys know there's a lot of intrigue from what I read and a lot of.....birds.....big BIG birds

message 7: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (last edited Oct 03, 2017 12:54PM) (new)

Chris wrote: "I'm going to have to read Lies and this one at the same time. I'll just do my best to pound them both out over the Christmas! Maybe I'll start Game of Thrones earlier to make room ;-)

All those da..."

I imagine it's going to be a long read for me, so even if you don't get to it on start date, I'm sure there'll still be some conversation.

message 8: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

I'm really excited for this one. I'll get the threads started. :D

message 9: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Do we want to add the 300 pg prequel? Because it was written after the trilogy, I'm inclined to read it after the trilogy as well.

message 10: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2423 comments I wouldn't mind reading that after the trilogy although I know nothing about it

message 11: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2423 comments I might need your guys help to get me through this series anyway since the last book seems to be Doorstopper size which looks cool

message 12: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

March looks busy. The 17th, 22, and 26 are available. I'm initially drawn to the 22 because of how my personal reads that month are spaced.

message 13: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3611 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Do we want to add the 300 pg prequel? Because it was written after the trilogy, I'm inclined to read it after the trilogy as well."

Publication order is fine with me.

message 14: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Do we want to add the 300 pg prequel? Because it was written after the trilogy, I'm inclined to read it after the trilogy as well."

Publication order all the way! Definitely add it to the list, I've heard it's excellent.

message 15: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Done. :D

message 16: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
The first book for me was just OK. The second two books were excellent. The prequel was good. Providence of Fire was the best of the lot.

message 17: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16605 comments *Sigh*... I'm in... by the time 2018 arrives all I'll have time for are the books I've signed up for :)

message 18: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Iain wrote: "*Sigh*... I'm in... by the time 2018 arrives all I'll have time for are the books I've signed up for :)"

Hahaha that's exactly my sentiment lately.

message 19: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 653 comments I'm thinking about joining. I own the first book, so it's tempting...

message 20: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16605 comments Niki Hawkes wrote: "Iain wrote: "*Sigh*... I'm in... by the time 2018 arrives all I'll have time for are the books I've signed up for :)"

Hahaha that's exactly my sentiment lately."

I looked at your tracker yesterday... you are BUSY in 2018... moreso than the rest of this year...

message 21: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3611 comments Iain wrote: "*Sigh*... I'm in... by the time 2018 arrives all I'll have time for are the books I've signed up for :)"

Peer pressure is real. ;-)

message 22: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 16605 comments All the cool kids are doing it...

I like group reads, and I feel like 2018 is a wide open space of reading opportunities... I sign up for so many more 2018 books than the ones coming up... partially because most of the ones that were going on when I joined were already on book 2-4... and partially because when new ones crop up one at a time I'm more liable to read the synopsis and be like "that sounds interesting" and sign up than reading 100 synopses on the master list and sign up for 20