Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley October 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30807 comments Mod
NetGalley

Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How to Participate:

The NetGalley Challenge is designed to not only get you to read your NetGalley books, but to also advertise your reviews for others to see because after all, that's what NetGalley is all about.

Though you may pop in/out at any time, the NetGalley Challenge will run on a monthly basis so you are able to see progress being made.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf
b: What books are on your NG shelf
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Then start a new post for the next month!

But Wait, There's More

Do you ever get so caught up in your reading that you don't want to stop to write your reviews?

Thinking about that, it was decided we need a "Review Weekend", once each month, set aside to write those reviews you've been not doing in favor of reading!

Review Weekends will vary randomly each month and is meant to be a time set aside to review. Take one, or both days and get caught up on reviews so you can spend the rest of the month reading!!

The next Review Weekend is set for Oct 21/22

**When linking your reviews, please link only to the book(s) here at GoodReads. At this time, linking to a personal blog is not allowed. Thank you!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30807 comments Mod
reserved

message 3: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Oct 27, 2017 05:35PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14221 comments Mod

Start of Month:

Books on Shelf : 8

Books:
Effective People Management Your Guide to Boosting Performance, Managing Conflict and Becoming a Great Leader in Your Start Up by Pat Wellington Hanna Who Fell from the Sky by Christopher Meades The Human Workplace People-Centred Organizational Development by Andy Swann Transformational HR How Human Resources Can Create Value and Impact Business Strategy by Perry Timms The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman Father Christmas and Me by Matt Haig B2B Marketing Strategy Differentiate, Develop and Deliver Lasting Customer Engagement by Heidi Taylor The Toy Makers by Robert Dinsdale

Feedback ratio: 92%

FINISHED
Effective People Management Your Guide to Boosting Performance, Managing Conflict and Becoming a Great Leader in Your Start Up by Pat Wellington review Hanna Who Fell from the Sky by Christopher Meades review The Human Workplace People-Centred Organizational Development by Andy Swann review

ADDED

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 5
Feedback Ratio:95%

message 4: by Alison (last edited Oct 27, 2017 01:21PM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments I'm in. I'm determined that this is the month I finally reach 80%. I'm sooo close

Beginning of Month

Feedback Ratio 78%
Books on Shelf: 38

Planning to Read
The Truth and Lies of Ella Black by Emily Barr He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion My Husband's Wife by Jane Corry Skullsworn by Brian Staveley Sleep Tight (Detective Ruby Preston, #2) by Caroline Mitchell A Dark So Deadly by Stuart MacBride Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah The Idea of You by Amanda Prowse The Break by Marian Keyes

Read & still to Review
Artemis by Andy Weir

Reviews Posted
Moonlight Over Manhattan (From Manhattan with Love, #6) by Sarah Morgan Invictus by Ryan Graudin The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles, #1) by Connie Glynn The Dazzling Heights (The Thousandth Floor #2) by Katharine McGee Beartown by Fredrik Backman Spandex and the City by Jenny T. Colgan Cherish Hard (Hard Play, #1) by Nalini Singh

Books Added:
Bad Girls with Perfect Faces by Lynn Weingarten Everless (Untitled #1) by Sara Holland The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin Cherish Hard (Hard Play, #1) by Nalini Singh Strange Weather by Joe Hill Goodbye, Perfect by Sara Barnard Renegades (Renegades, #1) by Marissa Meyer Everless (Untitled #1) by Sara Holland How Do You Like Me Now? by Holly Bourne The Empress (The Diabolic #2) by S.J. Kincaid

Current
Feedback Ratio 78%
Books on Shelf 39

message 5: by Kristie (last edited Oct 31, 2017 07:05PM) (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments I'm in. Hope I do better this month than last.

Beginning of Month:

Books on Shelf: 17
Always by Sarah Jio Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner Beartown by Fredrik Backman Bring Her Home by David Bell The Silent Corner (Jane Hawk, #1) by Dean Koontz When I Wake Up by Jessica Jarlvi Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka The Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse If The Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman The Space Between Words by Michèle Phoenix Hello Again (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #2) by Brenda Novak The Whispering Room (Jane Hawk, #2) by Dean Koontz A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1) by Kevin Hearne

Netgalley Ratio: 84%

End of Month:

Read: 2
The Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse Beartown by Fredrik Backman

Reviews: 1
The Art of Hiding review

Added: 1
Healthyish A Cookbook with Seriously Satisfying, Truly Simple, Good-For-You (but not too Good-For-You) Recipes for Real Life by Lindsay Hunt

Feedback sent to publisher/no review:
Healthyish A Cookbook with Seriously Satisfying, Truly Simple, Good-For-You (but not too Good-For-You) Recipes for Real Life by Lindsay Hunt unable to access

Books on Shelf: 16
Ratio: 86%

message 6: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 2121 comments I'm in.

message 7: by Melanie (last edited Oct 31, 2017 07:21PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 696 comments I'm in again!

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 30
Feedback Ratio: 63%

Books (ordered by pub date):
Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1) by Susie Steiner A Christmas Day at the Office by Matt Dunn Hard Road (Jon Reznick, #1) by J.B. Turner All the Breaking Waves by Kerry Lonsdale Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake Killing Jane by Stacy Green The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco Things I Should Have Known by Claire LaZebnik Defy the Stars (Constellation, #1) by Claudia Gray The Grave Tender by Eliza Maxwell What Doesn't Kill You (DI Fenchurch, #3) by Ed James I Found You by Lisa Jewell The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore Blackout by Marc Elsberg The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1) by Loreth Anne White Nobody Gets Hurt (Sam Wylde #2) by R.J. Bailey My Hellion, My Heart (Lords of Essex, #3) by Amalie Howard A Covert Affair (Librarian and the Spy Escapade #2) by Susan Mann The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken Invictus by Ryan Graudin Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2) by Melinda Leigh The Dark Lake (Gemma Woodstock, #1) by Sarah Bailey Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1) by T.R. Ragan The Bride Who Got Lucky (The Cavensham Heiresses #2) by Janna MacGregor The Scandalous Flirt (Cinderella Sisterhood, #6) by Olivia Drake Taking a Chance (Whisper Creek, #6) by Maggie McGinnis Third Son's a Charm (The Survivors, #1) by Shana Galen The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks Just Between Us by Rebecca Drake

Added:
Christmastime Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #10) by Maisey Yates To the Duke, with Love (The Rakes of St. James, #2) by Amelia Grey Romancing the Scot (The Pennington Family, #1) by May McGoldrick Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1) by Melinda Leigh

Finished:
Christmastime Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #10) by Maisey Yates My Review The Scandalous Flirt (Cinderella Sisterhood, #6) by Olivia Drake My Review The Bride Who Got Lucky (The Cavensham Heiresses #2) by Janna MacGregor My Review
Taking a Chance (Whisper Creek, #6) by Maggie McGinnis My Review Romancing the Scot (The Pennington Family, #1) by May McGoldrick My Review Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1) by Melinda Leigh My Review

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 28
Feedback Ratio: 67%

message 8: by mars (new)

mars (wlwbooks) | 1 comments I'm in!

message 9: by Michelle (last edited Oct 22, 2017 09:45PM) (new)

Michelle | 465 comments How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 10
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 67%

What books are on your NG shelf:
The List by Patricia Forde Ensnared by Rita Stradling Bookishly Ever After (Ever After, #1) by Isabel Bandeira Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember Hidden (Five Fates, #1) by Amy McKinley When We're Entwined (When We're Entwined #1) by Jody A. Kessler Clock Zero I'm not my social feed by Nawar Alsaadi Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch The Invisible Hand Shakespeare's Moon, Act I by James Hartley

Currently (finally) Reading:

New
Another Postcard (Stone Butterfly Rockstars Book 1) by Elle Christensen Falsies (The Makeup Series, #1) by Olive East
DNF [feedback sent]

Read but not reviewed [feedback sent]
Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch

Read & Reviewed
Hidden (Five Fates, #1) by Amy McKinley

End of the month(view spoiler)

message 10: by Nicole (last edited Oct 03, 2017 06:17PM) (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments I seem to be going backwards on this productively reading thing. Almost like this is a fantastic time of year for books to come out, or something?

On Shelf: 20
Feedback Ratio 88%

To read:
The Search for Aveline (Sink or Swim #1) by Stephanie Rabig Ballad of the Beanstalk by Amy McNulty
Hook's Tale Being the Account of an Unjustly Villainized Pirate Written by Himself by John Leonard Pielmeier The Ethical Slut, Third Edition A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationships, and Other Freedoms in Sex and Love by Dossie Easton
Grrrls on the Side by Carrie Pack Zero Repeat Forever (The Nahx Invasions #1) by Gabrielle Prendergast
The First Rule of Punk by Celia C. Pérez Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman
Nothing by Annie Barrows 27 Hours (The Nightside Saga, #1) by Tristina Wright Michael's Wings (The Original Sinners, #6.3) by Tiffany Reisz Not Your Villain (Sidekick Squad, #2) by C.B. Lee Covet by Yolande Kleinn
Cover Up (Skin Deep Inc., #3) by L.A. Witt The Love Song of Sawyer Bell (Tour Dates #1) by Avon Gale Read My Mind (Under the Empire, #1) by Kelly Haworth The Red Threads of Fortune (Tensorate #2) by J.Y. Yang Sightlines (The Community, #3) by Santino Hassell

message 11: by Lara (last edited Oct 01, 2017 08:39AM) (new)

Lara | 676 comments October starting books on shelf: 53
October starting ratio: 79%

Books that have been published: 36
Don't Be Such a Scientist Talking Substance in an Age of Style by Randy Olson Completing Our Streets The Transition to Safe and Inclusive Transportation Networks by Barbara McCann Soda Politics Taking on Big Soda (and Winning) by Marion Nestle Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3) by Marcus Sakey 10 Reasons You Feel Old and Get Fat... And How YOU Can Stay Young, Slim, and Happy! by Frank Lipman Sealed Up The Course of Fate--Book One by Steve Dunn Hanson Your Writing Well Common-Sense Strategies & Logic-Based Skills in 15 Essays for the 21st Century by Bob Davis Conspiracy of Ravens (The Shadow, #2) by Lila Bowen When You Wish Christmas Wish /Valentine Wish / Wedding Wish by Alexandra Ivy The Lose Your Belly Diet by Travis Stork MD Beautiful Money by Leanne Jacobs Nourishing Fats Why We Need Animal Fats for Health and Happiness by Sally Fallon Morell Micro-Resilience Minor Shifts for Major Boosts in Focus, Drive, and Energy by Bonnie St. John Fearless and Free How Smart Women Pivot — And Relaunch Their Careers by Wendy Sachs Tudor Roses by Alice Starmore Mosaic & Lace Knits 20 Innovative Patterns Combining Slip-Stitch Colorwork and Lace Techniques by Barbara Benson Bright Line Eating The Science of Living Happy, Thin, and Free by Susan Peirce Thompson Shadow Run (Kaitan Chronicles, #1) by AdriAnne Strickland Nopalito by Gonzalo Guzmán The White Light of Tomorrow (First Earth Book 1) by D. Pierce Williams Sweet, Savory, and Free Insanely Delicious Plant-Based Recipes without Any of the Top 8 Food Allergens by Debbie Adler Tinker Dabble Doodle Try Unlock the Power of the Unfocused Mind by Srini Pillay Bangkok Recipes and Stories from the Heart of Thailand by Leela Punyaratabandhu Pantry and Palate by Simon Thibault The Damned Trilogy A Call to Arms, The False Mirror, and The Spoils of War by Alan Dean Foster Cooking with Flavor Bombs Prep It, Freeze It, Drop It . . . Transform Dinner! by Giovannina Bellino Holiday Cookies Showstopping Recipes to Sweeten the Season by Elisabet Der Nederlanden Tudor Fashion Dress at Court by Eleri Lynn Home Sausage Making, 4th Edition From Fresh and Cooked to Smoked, Dried, and Cured 100 Specialty Recipes by Charles G. Reavis The Extra Virgin Kitchen Recipes for Wheat-Free, Sugar-Free and Dairy-Free Eating by Susan Jane White Cheers to the Publican, Repast and Present Recipes and Ramblings from an American Beer Hall by Paul Kahan Storm Gathering (The Scorpius Syndrome, #4) by Rebecca Zanetti The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2) by Emily R. King Reach Out The Simple Strategy You Need to Expand Your Network and Increase Your Influence by Molly Beck Cook Yourself Happy The Danish Way by Caroline Fleming

October books: 9
The Curl Revolution Inspiring Stories and Practical Advice from the NaturallyCurly Community by Michelle Breyer Sweet by Yotam Ottolenghi Dreaming of a White Wolf Christmas by Terry Spear David Tanis Market Cooking Recipes and Revelations, Ingredient by Ingredient by David Tanis Snowdrift and Other Stories by Georgette Heyer Sorcery for Beginners A Simple Help Guide to a Challenging & Arcane Art by Matt Harry Pride and Prejudice and Mistletoe by Melissa de la Cruz State Bird Provisions A Cookbook by Stuart Brioza How to Instant Pot Mastering All the Functions of the One Pot That Will Change the Way You Cook by Daniel Shumski

Upcoming: 8
Terminal Alliance by Jim C. Hines Perfect Gravity (Tether #2) by Vivien Jackson Artemis by Andy Weir A Remodelista Manual The Organized and Artful Home Pare Down, Put Away, and Discover the Joy of an Uncluttered Home by Julie Carlson MAD Librarian by Michael Guillebeau The Better Brain Solution How to Start Now--At Any Age--To Reverse and Prevent Insulin Resistance of the Brain, Sharpen Cognitive Function, and Avoid Memory Loss by Steven Masley The Thompson Method of Bodywork Structural Alignment, Core Strength, and Emotional Release by Cathy Thompson Silver Hair Say Goodbye to the Dye and Let Your Natural Light Shine A Handbook by Lorraine Massey

message 12: by Shantavia (last edited Oct 09, 2017 01:36PM) (new)

Shantavia | 97 comments I'm in! I just started net galley earlier this year, and I need to motivate myself to read these books and get my reviews in!
Beginning of month
Number of books on shelf: 16
Books: The Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken Elf Warfare by Chris Pramas The Crowns of Croswald (The Croswald Series) by D.E. Night Equus (Rhonda Parrish's Magical Menageries) by Rhonda Parrish Black Dawn by Mallory McCartney Shadow Fall (Shadow Fall, #1) by Audrey Grey Jovienne (The Immanence #1) by Linda Robertson Secrets of Skin and Stone by Wendy Laine Brenna Morgan and The Iron Key (Brenna Morgan, #1) by Katie Masters The Curious Tale of Gabrielle (Curiosity, #1) by Zachary Paul Chopchinski The List by Patricia Forde Fyre (Chronicles of Warshard #0.5) by Katherine Bogle Zenn Diagram by Wendy Brant The Ninth Circle, Book 1 Fire (The Ninth Circle #1) by C.A. Harland Draekora by Lynette Noni

Feedback Ratio: 6%

Read & Need to Review:
Brenna Morgan and The Iron Key (Brenna Morgan, #1) by Katie Masters
Read & Reviewed:

Books from Authors To Review: Stolen Songs by Samantha Armstrong Two (Count to Ten #2) by Jane Blythe Three (Count to Ten #3) by Jane Blythe Four (Count to Ten #4) by Jane Blythe Winged Pair (The Prime Insurgency, #2) by J.D. Stonebridge Third Charmed (The Prime Insurgency, #3) by J.D. Stonebridge The Prime Insurgency Four Paths Crossed A Supernatural Mystery Thriller (The Prime Insurgency Book 4) by J.D. Stonebridge The Prime Insurgency Into The Hexagon A Supernatural Mystery Thriller by J.D. Stonebridge The One in Light (The Prime Insurgency, #1) by J.D. Stonebridge The Prime Insurgency Five Golden Rays A Supernatural Mystery Thriller by J.D. Stonebridge A Kingdom Forgotten (A Throne of Souls #1) by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

End of Month:
Review Links:
Updated Shelf Count:
Updated Ratio

message 13: by Emily (last edited Nov 02, 2017 09:00AM) (new)

Emily | 1013 comments On Shelf 75
Ratio 79%
Goal 10 Books

The Brigadier's Runaway Bride
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

On Shelf 77
Ratio 79%

message 14: by Casey, (new)

Casey, with a book (caseydilla) | 35 comments NetGalley Challenge: October 2017

STARTING FEEDBACK RATIO: 83%

BOOKSHELF
There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman

Can I just say how ecstatic I am to have Tess of the Road?!

REVIEWS:

ADDED:

CURRENT FEEDBACK RATIO: 83%

message 15: by Michelle (last edited Nov 02, 2017 06:50PM) (new)

Michelle (vorvesm) | 46 comments Start of Month:

October Books on Shelf : 17

Books:
Current titles:
The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks When I Am Through with You by Stephanie Kuehn Uncommon Type Some Stories by Tom Hanks The Best Kind of People by Zoe Whittall Promise Not to Tell by Jayne Ann Krentz Artemis by Andy Weir

Older than 3 months:
Trophy Son by Douglas Brunt Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan Perfect (Flawed, #2) by Cecelia Ahern The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage Gone Without a Trace by Mary Torjussen Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Absalom's Daughters by Suzanne Feldman Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris Watching Edie by Camilla Way

ADDED IN OCTOBER
The French Girl by Lexie Elliott

Feedback ratio to start: 77%

FINISHED
Uncommon Type Some Stories by Tom Hanks Gone Without a Trace by Mary Torjussen Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 15
Feedback Ratio: 79%

message 16: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments Guess what???

message 17: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 3968 comments I'm in

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Alison wrote: "Guess what???

"

COngrats!!!

message 19: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Alison wrote: "Guess what???

"

well done!

message 20: by Shantavia (new)

Shantavia | 97 comments @Alison Congratulations!

message 21: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Yay I finished one!
Effective People Management Your Guide to Boosting Performance, Managing Conflict and Becoming a Great Leader in Your Start Up by Pat Wellington

review

I have a uni exam in 2 weeks but I'm really hoping to be able to get through one more this month

message 22: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments Thanks all. All it will take is one request to be approved and it'll be gone again but I can't believe I've finally made it. Now I need to try and clear some of the 30 archived books on my shelf.

message 23: by Kristie (last edited Oct 16, 2017 07:55AM) (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments Way to go, Alison! I don't think they take the badges away once you've earned them. You can copy and paste them elsewhere.

message 24: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments I finally finished one this month. I read The Art of Hiding. It was good, but not great. I still need to write the review.

message 25: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments Oh they definitely take it away. I had a request approved and I'm back to 79% :(

Will post a review or two tonight though so should get it back.

message 26: by *Layali* (last edited Oct 17, 2017 06:06PM) (new)

*Layali* (layalireads) | 36 comments Guess it's never too late to join. I got approved for more than normal this month, so I need to get on it to get my ratio back up! Really just going to try and finish 1-2 this month.

Starting Ratio: 52%
Current Shelf: 10
The New Dark by Lorraine Thomson The Tiger’s Daughter (Their Bright Ascendency, #1) by K. Arsenault Rivera The Dark Lake (Gemma Woodstock, #1) by Sarah Bailey The Girlfriend by Michelle Frances The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks The House at 758 by Kathryn Berla The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead The Innkeeper Chronicles, Volume 1 by Ilona Andrews Shadow Scale (Seraphina, #2) by Rachel Hartman A Darkness Absolute (Casey Duncan, #2) by Kelley Armstrong

Finished: 0

message 27: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

welcome Jennika :)

message 28: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

#2 done

I liked it, but I'm not sure of the magical realism component. It was a little too minor to be of an importance so felt like it didn't quite fit

Hanna Who Fell from the Sky by Christopher Meades review

message 29: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments Alison wrote: "Oh they definitely take it away. I had a request approved and I'm back to 79% :(

Will post a review or two tonight though so should get it back."

Oh no! That's so strange. I copy and pasted mine onto GR, so I may not have it in Netgalley all the time, but I'll keep it here!

message 30: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments Finally completed my review for The Art of Hiding.

NetGalley Review

The Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse The Art of Hiding review

message 31: by Melindam (last edited Oct 26, 2017 10:25AM) (new)

Melindam | 2121 comments Beginning of month

Books on shelf: 8

The Boyfriend Swap by Meredith Schorr Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud A Murder for the Books by Victoria Gilbert Annie's Christmas by the Sea by Liz Eeles Christmas at the Dancing Duck by Daisy James The Little Village Christmas by Sue Moorcroft The Welcome Home Diner by Peggy Lampman

Feedback ratio: 80%

Added in October: 4

Growing Season A Novel by Melanie Lageschulte Harvest Season a novel by Melanie Lageschulte Aglow A Christmas Fable by Bruce Ashkenas Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties A Novel by Camille Pagán

message 32: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 696 comments With my third Netgalley book this month, I got a new badge!

50 Book Reviews

message 33: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments Congrats, Melanie!

message 34: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Hooray! Well done :)

message 35: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments I seem to have gotten over excited about the whole 80% thing resulting in a request spree. Oh well, I was at 80% for like a whole day plus I got approved for Strange Weather by Joe Hill so it's worth it.

message 36: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments I know not many of you are in the UK but has anyone seen anything about the new UK netgalley site? It seems to go live on the 25th but there has been pretty much nothing on whether your shelf and wot not transfers over or if you're starting from scratch.

message 37: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 696 comments Alison wrote: "I know not many of you are in the UK but has anyone seen anything about the new UK netgalley site? It seems to go live on the 25th but there has been pretty much nothing on whether your shelf and w..."

I'm not in the UK, but I did see on Twitter the Netgalley account post an FAQ about it.

https://netgalley.uservoice.com/knowl...

message 38: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments Thanks Melanie that's exactly what I've been looking for but couldn't find.

message 39: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments I logged in today and I just suddenly found this

100 Book Reviews

message 40: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments Yay! Congrats, Nicole! I'm almost there too. If I could just get a little focused.

message 41: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments It's such a pretty badge. It just seems like not that long ago that I got the 50 to be honest ;) Thank goodness for this group!

message 42: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments I just got a protected PDF of Healthyish: A Cookbook with Seriously Satisfying, Truly Simple, Good-For-You (but not too Good-For-You) Recipes for Real Life. However, when I open it, I only have access to a few random pages and the rest are all blank, white pages. I'm currently using adobe digital. Do you guys have anything different I might try? Something you use?

I hate getting protected PDFs. I just want everything to go to my Kindle. I also don't like that they're dated and you can't go back to them later.

message 43: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Nicole wrote: "It's such a pretty badge. It just seems like not that long ago that I got the 50 to be honest ;) Thank goodness for this group!"

woohoo!

message 44: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Kristie wrote: "I just got a protected PDF of Healthyish: A Cookbook with Seriously Satisfying, Truly Simple, Good-For-You (but not too Good-For-You) Recipes for Real Life. However, when I open it,..."

Urgh. I hate those PDFs too. I wish NetGalley would say the format available before we request :)
Have you tried BlueFire Reader? I find that works better for the ones I've gotten

message 45: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3192 comments I have not tried that one, Karen. Thanks! I’ll check it out.

message 46: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 2121 comments End of month

Books on shelf: 6

The Boyfriend Swap by Meredith Schorr Carnegie's Maid by Marie Benedict The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud A Murder for the Books by Victoria Gilbert Aglow A Christmas Fable by Bruce Ashkenas Woman Last Seen in Her Thirties A Novel by Camille Pagán

Feedback ratio: 84%

Read and reviewed: 6

Growing Season A Novel by Melanie Lageschulte Harvest Season a novel by Melanie Lageschulte Annie's Christmas by the Sea by Liz Eeles Christmas at the Dancing Duck by Daisy James The Little Village Christmas by Sue Moorcroft The Welcome Home Diner by Peggy Lampman

message 47: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 2121 comments Nicole wrote: "I logged in today and I just suddenly found this

"

Wow! Congratulations!

message 48: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2476 comments I know I've said this before but there really should be some way to ban yourself from requesting on NetGalley.

10 books I've added to my shelf so far this month and I have three requests outstanding. Thank goodness I got knocked back for a couple (apparently because "the limit for the number of downloads has been reached for this title!" which seems odd as they only went up today).

message 49: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Alison wrote: "I know I've said this before but there really should be some way to ban yourself from requesting on NetGalley.

10 books I've added to my shelf so far this month and I have three requests outstandi..."

;) teehee

message 50: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Oct 27, 2017 05:35PM) (new)

Last one for the month

The Human Workplace People-Centred Organizational Development by Andy Swann review

Oh I didn't add any this month. :o
End of Month:
Books on shelf: 5
Feedback Ratio:95%

« previous 1