This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I know you're there...

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I can hear you breathing. Someone say something, dammit. I'm bored.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 04, 2009 06:13PM) (new)

I lost all my goodreads friends and bookshelves, today. I don't know why. If we were friends, please request me. I'm too lazy to hunt down 187 people! Or, even if we weren't friends, but you wanna be my friend. :)

message 4: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Did you break Goodreads again, Tambo?

I'm on dial up Gretchen, or i would go to youtube for entertainment and would be less bored. In other words, i'm not gonna bother to try that link.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't know dial-up still existed. For reals.

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments ...not really worth it. won't save you from boredom. It was just a dumb joke.

message 7: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Dial up does, indeed, still exist. It's good for those who live in an area with only one high speed provider that they loathe and despise and refuse to patronize. Also for old people.

message 8: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments I don't know if that's what you were thinking, Tom; but when I read that line "I know you're there. I can hear you breathing", it immediately made me think of that line in Shawshink Redemption. I think one of the bull queers said it to Andy. Which reminds me - I knew this guy in college who looked just like the head bull queer. I was always on edge around him.

message 9: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) ...

message 10: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments ????????????????

message 11: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments what's a bull queer?

message 12: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Are you telling me that you've never seen Shawshank Redemption? For shaaaaaaaaaame.

Anyway, that was the term used in the movie for a particular prison gang that liked to rape other inmates.

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Thanks Rusty. I've seen it I just didn't remember that term.

message 14: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Hey, hey, I'm here for you.