Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

Miscellaneous Chatter > Memory matters

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Is it just me or is this a reading gluttony problem?

Just for kicks and grins, answer yes/no:

1. Do you remember the title of the last six books you read?
2. Do you remember the plot of the last six books you read?
3. Do you remember the MC names of the last six books you read?

My answers are simple. no, no and no
omfg am I going senile?!

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments I can go back 3, but I read Sugar & Gold and nothing else for over a month. Dear Agony I remember because I just finished it. Obviously I remember Sugar & Gold. I can probably recite that one. But 53 Letters for My Lover I had to look up just to get the title right. No clue who the characters are but I do remember the plot.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments 1. Not without looking them up (yes, I keep a spreadsheet of TBR and just read)
2. Again, if I looked up the title, I think I'd remember the plot
3. Uh hell no - I can barely remember them right after I finish reading.
It is a product of the gluttony - I probably couldn't tell you the last six meals I ate either :)

message 4: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments 1. Yes. I don't know why, but I remember that.
2. All six? Nope. I can remember all but Juniper Smoke. I sincerely can't remember what it was about.
3. ROFL Hell no. I can't even remember the name of the characters as I'm reading the book. Why do you think so many of my reviews say the H or h rather than an actual name?

Now I have to go remember what Juniper Smoke was about!

message 5: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments There, I had to read the beginning of the blurb. Now I remember.

message 6: by Nay (last edited Jun 07, 2017 10:46AM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Seriously, right now, I don't remember what book I'm currently reading! (and I'm really not joking! UGH! Memory matters is right! lol)

So, hell to the no!

message 7: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Good! Maybe it's just a "reading too many books" thing. I can remember if I look at my list or read the blurb. But otherwise, it has to be something really out of this world for it to stick in my head long term.

message 8: by Soumya (new)

Soumya sharma | 1 comments Last six? No. But i remember one that I finished yesterday :D
It was Second Chance at Love
and about plot - it was based on second chance ..lol

message 9: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments No, no and no. This is why I have Goodreads to keep track for me. 😊

message 10: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments LOL ! It's my bible.

message 11: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments 1. Some
2. Some
3. Just the one I finished RIGHT NOW

message 12: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Nope - which is why I use Goodreads! Always 1-clicking books I already have and read...thankfully Amazon tells you you already have it

message 13: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments I'd literally be lost without GR!

message 14: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments If GRs server crashed and all data lost, I'd throw myself off the nearest bridge.

message 15: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments There would be a huge line of people doing that, Leslie...I can't even tell you the HOURS I've spent organizing, reorganizing, spreadsheeting to go along with GR. It's an obsession and I lurve it!!! It's one of the only things that I have organized in my entire life!!!

message 16: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments You might want to make periodic downloads of your GR books library. It's a simply csv file so it doesn't take upna lot of space but it contains all the pertinent information about your books, reviews and categories.

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments You mean all my spreadsheeting could have been handled by downloading out of GR? I'm gonna have to seriously rethink my whole life now...that's really a great suggestions and I'm gonna look into it right now, Fabi. You so smart!!!

message 18: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Lisa wrote: "...I'm gonna have to seriously rethink my whole life now..."

bahahaha you're hilarious

message 19: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Leslie wrote: "If GRs server crashed and all data lost, I'd throw myself off the nearest bridge."

Now now...let's not be jumping off bridges...BUT I think I would cry for a week.

message 20: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Lisa wrote: "There would be a huge line of people doing that, Leslie...I can't even tell you the HOURS I've spent organizing, reorganizing, spreadsheeting to go along with GR. It's an obsession and I lurve it!!..."

Same here....

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll live.

message 22: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Sure you will bev...nothing deters you!

message 23: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Fabi wrote: "You might want to make periodic downloads of your GR books library. It's a simply csv file so it doesn't take upna lot of space but it contains all the pertinent information about your books, revie..."

How?

message 24: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments NVM, I found it! :D

message 25: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments :D

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

It's just I just started with GR last year. Just started keeping track of books the year before that, with....wait for it....pen & paper. Which I still do. I just open the notebook cover and look.
But I dont wory about saving it for eternity.

message 27: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Sometimes I miss pen and paper. Notebooks make me feel nostalgic.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I love them. I never keep a list on my phone. There is something just too wonderful about a crisp sheet of paper and a pen.

message 29: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Awww paper and pen! I'm covered in it at work!

message 30: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
The last 6... not without looking at my good reads list. lol.

message 31: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments No no and no! The most memorable would be American Hellhound and I can actually remember the MC's names, but as for the other HRs I've been ripping through, um....... I'm already vague on the deets. BUT that doesn't take away my enjoyment of them. But thank heavens for GR to keep track. And I try to write a review straight away while it's fresh in my mind. Then I can gbl and remember, oh yeah, that was THAT one.

Confession: Even though I usually write reviews same day or next day, I quite often have to go back and check the MCs names! LOL. Sounds like I'm not the only one that forgets them immediately! Well, time to write a review of the HR I finished last night. (Oh yeah, better check the MCs names first!)

message 32: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Anyone want to BR something???

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Im at work now but was thinking of My roommates girl this evening. *shrug*

message 34: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Sounds good.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

message 36: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Oooh, yes! You guys can guinea pig My Roomates Girl for me.

message 37: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments Leslie wrote: "Oooh, yes! You guys can guinea pig My Roomates Girl for me."

Can you guinea pig it for me too, pretty please? I'm reading other stuff but would like to know how this one is before i decide whether to add it to the t-b-r-mountain :D

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Ela 11% and cant believe he just did that.

The story is moving fast, to fast??

message 39: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments And then slows down! Insert stupid drama past reveal and voila! Yeah sorry, not a big fan of this book.

message 40: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I can't deal with stupid drama. I think I will pass on that book.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Ela wrote: "And then slows down! Insert stupid drama past reveal and voila! Yeah sorry, not a big fan of this book."

Uh-oh. Not that far. Her books usually work really well for me. Oh well. But unless I dnf im not going to squirrel. Ive been doing well sticking to one and getting it done.

message 42: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Leslie, yeah I wouldn't....

Bev, we tend to agree and disagree....this just may be your catnip!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

It's not shaping up that way.

However, listening to Yes Please and its wonderful.

message 44: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Oh! Let me check that out!

message 45: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments I am so behind in this forum! On holiday and have been immersed in the Dartmoor world and loving it!

message 46: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Hope you are having fun Paula!

message 47: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments Dartmoor. *happy sigh* Wait till you read Candyman's story (my fav).

message 48: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Nope....Fearless still my fave.

message 49: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments Yeah, Fearless is right up there. But *whiny voice* Candyman........