Start by marking “53 Letters for My Lover (53 Letters for My Lover, #1)” as Want to Read:
53 Letters for My Lover (53 Letters for My Lover, #1)

53 Letters for My Lover

(53 Letters for My Lover #1)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  2,447 Ratings  ·  509 Reviews
This is not your typical love story.
It’s not so black and white. Lines are crossed.
Walls are smashed. Good becomes bad.
Bad becomes very, very good.

Published June 17th 2014 by Pitch73 Publishing (first published May 17th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about 53 Letters for My Lover, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Attar53letters1TitlebySueBee_zps4db5c97f.jpg
 photo 53storyxBbysb_zpsdade2bec.gif
★★★★★! 53 Letters For My Lover, book 1 of 1.5. An epic, all-consuming love saga following two halves of one soul kept apart by life’s secrets, events & circumstances!

“This is what he does to me. Open up the windows of my soul and pushes me out.”

Books should be read in order:
Book 1: 53 Letters For My Lover
Part 1.5: From His Lips

53 Letters For My Lover (book 1) is Troy Heathgate and Shayda Hijazi epic love saga spanning several decades. They met briefly at the tender age of twenty when
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
5 6 STARS

Are you happy, Shayda?” I asked.
She was supposed to say yes.
And I was supposed to thank her for the dance, escort her back to the table and leave—free, clear and cured. With Helicia in tow.
She said nothing.
And I inhaled her all over again.

It’s been two days since I finished this series and and I still can't stop thinking about it. I sleep it, eat it, drink it, work it, live it.

Six reasons why I fell in love with this book:

♥ Because it’s beautiful. Because in spite of all those moments
warhawke
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who like sweeping love story
Genre: Contemporary Women’s Fiction
Type: Standalone Book 1 from 53 Letters For My Lover series
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

Shayda Hijazi yearned to soar but was bound by familial obligations. Married at a young age not out of love but of convenience, she never got to experience what falling in love and lust was like until she met someone else.

Troy Heathgate had the smile and the charm that could disarm anyone. Women fell all over themselves for him, but he only had his eyes on the one he ca
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! I LOVED it soooo much. ❤

"I want to share every sunrise and every sunset and every second in between with you. I want your laughter and your breath and your blood and your bones. You're the one thing that centers my soul. I may circle the whole world, but you'll always be home."
Saffron
Jun 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 "Fly, Damnit, Fly!" Stars

***Please be aware that this review is one big, giant mess of personal feelings and I apologize in advance to anyone who reads it. My intention isn't to turn this into a sob story, seriously. ***

I picked this book up over the weekend in the hope to read something scandalous and totally and completely inappropriate (And what could be better than cheating and an extra-marital affair?)

Treble did come, alright.

Unfortunately and not so unfortunately, I stumbled on to so
Alexis *Reality Bites*
5 STARS
Genre: Adult Romance
Author to look out for!

53 Letters for my Lover is Stirring - Utterly Gripping - And emotionally intense.

photo 53letterscollagefinal1_zps1233ce14.jpg

‘What is it about Troy Heathgate that just won’t let me be?’ -Shayda

Could it be that the man can charm the panties off of any woman he encounters. Yeah, that must be it! Shayda Hijazi is in love with a man who is NOT her husband. Placed in an arranged marriage, Shayda has just taken the cards that life has dealt her, never really taking the time to do what she wa
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

Wow!! 53 Letters For My Lover was a sexy, daring, and powerful debut novel that told a beautifully written forbidden romance spanning three decades.

This is not your typical love story.

Every once in a while, you come across a book that makes your heart race from the moment you hear about it. This was one of those books for me. I knew based on the blurb that this would be a "rule breaking" book for me but something about it still called to me.  I just had to read it.

"My grandma used to say that
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
5++ Beetroot ❤s Scary Cherry Stars
 photo D65AF754-50C2-4FC9-BA69-D419E3011DBB_zpsdgdvmigm.jpg

This is an older book and on the norm when I'm catching up I'll just write a few lines, that said when I LOVE a book, when I ADORE the writing I have to write my feelings down. So I'm writing this review for that reason alone. I need to tell you how much this book touched my heart.

This book is about fate, about two souls who are meant to be together. I am a true believer in life and circumstances happening for reasons. I believe we make friends with the kind
Amy | Foxy Blogs
I'm starting this off by letting you know what kind of reader I am. I'm one who doesn't read the book blurbs. I instead look at the covers, titles and what my friends star ratings are for a particular book before I decide if I'll read it or not. For this particular book I followed my normal suit which meant I came up with a preconceived notion that this book was going to be told through letters to a lover. Look my 'pre-review' picture below->

description

I was wrong though and it took me a couple minutes
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
"What good is love if you don't show it?"

description

To be entirely honest, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did. If you read the blurb and the author's review, you'll know this book centers around an affair. And I think I put off reading this for so long because I absolutely despise anything to do with cheating. I have read a few books in the past with cheating and did NOT enjoy them. But this book was NOT one of those books.

"You just see what you can't have," I reply.
"Maybe. Or m
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Aug 16, 2014 rated it really liked it

’53 letters…’ tells us the complicated life of Shayda Hijazi.

”The only way to feel truly alive is to start living fearlessly”

Before you read this review or this book, you need to know Shayda cheats on her husband so if you can’t stand cheating in books this book might not be for you. BUT if you have an open mind you might understand her.
Shayda’s family ‘make’ her marry Hafez, a really nice guy who loves her but who also has some demons that won’t let him have a normal life.

They are very young
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
4 stars

I'm surprised how much I liked this considering this went out my comfort zone. I think when you come across great writing it doesn't matter what the story is about. I felt so much for these two. Their story was just captivating and heartfelt spanning over 3 decades.

I had my doubts about Troy to begin with maybe because we started the book where they already knew each other. But somewhere along the way he grew on me. This had some 5 star moments. Unfortunately I wasnt expecting the direc
♥Sharon♥
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am so HAPPY I decided to give this one a try! What a beautiful story. ❤.

photo 53_zps6fabd498.jpg

I finished reading this book a little over a week ago and had to think about it for a bit. For me this story was a little different and after reading the blurb for it I knew I would be crossing a line that I don’t often do. But I have to say 53 Letters For My Lover was a very powerful and sexy read.

This is the love story of Troy Heathgate and Shayda Hijazi. It wasn’t your typical love story. Their story spans over sever
Jeanne
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jeanne by: Maida, Supreet
Shelves: br, favorites
4.5 Emotional, Thought Provoking, Forbidden stars

"My Grandma used to say that people born on the same day are two halves of the same soul."

Shayda Hijazi is a 33 year old wife, mother, and real estate agent. Most of her life's choices have been made for her, and she goes through life doing what she feels is expected of her, her own needs are pushed aside. When Troy Heathgate comes back into her life, well, let's just say he stirs things up and changes everything.

The first thing I would say abou
Didi
** Review edit 06/17/14 to reflect REVISED ENDING **
IT'S LIVE!!! And available for $0.99 on Amazon for a limited time!

~~~ 4.5 STAY WITH ME FOREVER STARS! ~~~

**INTENSE, BUT GRATIFYING EMOTIONS AHEAD **

This incredibly poignant and remarkably affecting book is a debut by a talented Canadian author. Setting is Canada, of course, and I loved that for a change. This book is written as a memorable collection of love letters by a woman, Shayda Hijazi, to her lover, Troy Heathgate. Shayda is a 33 year ol
Bibi
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are no words. Please join in applause for this author, as she has written this beautifully poignant epic that will have you on the edge of your chaise lounge.

The prose, the plot arc, the character development....all perfectly done to engender your deepest emotions.

There are so many layers and complexities within this book which all plays out perfectly at the end. To be truthful, there were so many times I was tempted to just skip to the last chapters, just cos my heart could no longer tak
CC
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Ring "O" Eternity Stars!!

This book is so eloquently well-written and the characters are developed so genuinely you feel as though you can step into Shayda's life at any moment - that includes the trying times and the happy ones. I experienced such a wide range of emotions throughout the journey of Shayda and Troy. Ultimately, the subject was addressed in the most respectful manner possible. Considering the circumstances of Shayda's marriage, I could understand her feelings for Troy, but it do
Ilze
Jul 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
DNF 54%
I rate all my dnf books, since I waste my money and time on them.

I really wanted to love this but Shayda... I tried to like her, connect with her, or find something common with her. When that didn't work I tried to not be annoyed by her and later not to hate her. I failed.
Elaine
5 Stars

Beautiful, emotional and EPIC is the only way I can describe this story.

photo 037734d20e6726b748a8658bbd19f227_zpsd0c5d0ec.jpg

Set over a period of 18 or so years...it tells the love story of Iranian born Shayda and Troy ..

Sent to Canada for a better life, nothing for Shayda is simple, she looks for a sign where her path will take her. Instead, an arranged marriage to Hafez is made for her by her family.
Hafez is withdrawn at times and their marriage starts without passion. He's away from home a lot.

He is a good man, a good husband but bec
 Naqelle
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 STARS
“The only way to feel truly alive is to start living fearlessly.”
This is my first Leylah Attar book and I must say she is a fantastic writer.
(About the book)
Shayda Hijazi—the perfect wife, the perfect mother, the perfect daughter. For thirty-three years, she has played by the rules, swallowing secrets, burying dreams and doing whatever it takes to anchor her family. Shayda Hijazi is about to come face to face with the one thing that can rip it all apart, the one thing her heart has al
Debra

A beautiful, engaging, soul-wrenching but heartwarming story about a love that spans over decades of time and deserves the status of being 'EPIC' for all that it's had to overcome. And even for someone like me, who doesn't normally like books that involve cheating and/or love triangles, I would say this is a highly recommendable read!
jenny
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sfrc-spring-2018
”Troy, meet Hafez, Shayda’s husband. Her anchor, her rock, her safe harbor. Hafez, meet Troy, the current that sweeps her so far ashore, she forgets which way is home.”
Shayda is a Persian and was basically sent to Canada to get married. She gets married to Hafez and they like each other so it’s not the typical arranged marriage. One day she meets Troy and there is a special connection. The book spans over several decades and tells Shayda’s story and her journey to happiness.
“The only wa
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
4.5 LOVED. IT. STARS

Such a stunningly written story 53 Letters For My Lover was just simply beautiful.

The love story of Shayda and Troy ....spans 18 years....a story of love, betrayal, hope, infidelity, enlightenment, heartache, laughter and lust.

"Somewhere in the fabric of all these years, our lives got tangled, like unruly threads pulling and snagging into impossible knots."

This simple is a must read.....just beautiful

Claire Contreras
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing

So good.

"So what's it like to have it all?"

"Like flying. Soaring. Until you come across the one thing you'd give it all up for, and can never have."

"If we base our decisions on all the things we're afraid of, we would be paralyzed with fear. We'd never have the guts to love, or hope or dream, or have kids, or swim in the ocean. And that's what makes us human, isn't it? What carries us through it all?

Leylah Attar
This novel is a combination of women's fiction and romance. The romance portion develops in the second half of the story. If you are uncomfortable with infidelity, this may not be the book for you.

April
What's there to say about this ?????
 photo goldstar_zps4dc7b7db.jpg

There are NO words that I can come up with that will do this book justice.
OH, and read this novella after too From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover, #1.5) by Leylah Attar
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.5 Stars!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

53 Letters For My Lover
was unlike any book I've read. At first I was a bit worried if it would hold my interest, but the love story built page after page and I was entranced in their love affair.

Shayda (aka Beetroot) is a married woman who's in love with another man. The book spans 20-some years...from the day she first set eyes on Troy Heathgate, watching fireworks on an abandoned pier. True to her Persian customs, she married a man best suited for her and her family...and not neces
Nariman
Oct 12, 2015 rated it liked it
After finishing reading it immediately I didn't know how to rate it , because I loved parts of it and hated others.
I admit that when I found this book recommended to me by goodreads I didn't feel excited about it , it isn't my thing, the romance is too much for me I knew it , and that it probably contains cheating on a husband, which I don't like - whether it's on a husband, wife , boyfriend or a girlfriend- I just added it because it was recommended because I liked Almost Broken so much - it w
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

5 “Beetroot” “Scary Cherry” “Butterfly” “Fly, dammit, fly!” Kisses

Holy cow Leylah Attar…what did you just do to me??? I shouldn’t be surprised…but I really just can’t handle how much I loved this book. You don’t even know! Just…wow. 53 Letters for My Lover just blew me away…it was amazing perfection that had me from start to finish. The angst was phenomenal…my heart was in my throat…Shayda and Troy were breathtaking…I’m a goner for this book.

Shayda Hijazi
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
5 GLORIOUS STARS!!!

53 Letters for My Lover is one of those rare books that sweeps you off your feet, transports you to another world, and truly touches your soul. Laylah Attar absolutely blew me away with this wonderfully sexy, bittersweet tale of 2 people who seem to be destined to be together, yet spend years apart.

Shayda is an obedient wife and daughter, married to a damaged man to whom she is fiercely loyal. Their story is in itself raw and heartbreaking. She meets Troy, the sexy, brilliant
  • Atonement (Alfonzo, #4)
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Lily of the Springs
  • Shadows of Deceit (Sin City Heat, #5)
  • All the Pieces (Pieces of Lies, #3)
  • Soul Resurrected (Sons of Wrath, #2)
  • His Wounded Light (The Light in the Wound, #2)
  • The Ground Rules (The Rule Breakers, #1)
  • VIP (VIP, #1)
  • Block 24
  • Mr. Seductive (Heartfelt #2)
  • No Ordinary Love
  • Conflict (Control, #2)
Leylah Attar writes stories about love - shaken, stirred and served with a twist. When she's not writing, she can be found pursuing her other passions: photography, food, family and travel. Sometimes she disappears into the black hole of the internet, but can usually be enticed out with chocolate.
“So what's it like? To have it all?

Like flying. Soaring. Until you come across the one thing you'd give it all up for, and can never have.”
26 likes
“There is nothing to hide anymore. When love looks at you, when it truly pins you down and stares into your soul, it renders you defenseless. And in that moment, in that state of humbling nakedness, it makes you completely invincible.” 24 likes