Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley June 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 59 (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31608 comments Mod
NetGalley

Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How to Participate:

The NetGalley Challenge is designed to not only get you to read your NetGalley books, but to also advertise your reviews for others to see because after all, that's what NetGalley is all about.

Though you may pop in/out at any time, the NetGalley Challenge will run on a monthly basis so you are able to see progress being made.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf
b: What books are on your NG shelf
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Then start a new post for the next month!

But Wait, There's More

Do you ever get so caught up in your reading that you don't want to stop to write your reviews?

Thinking about that, it was decided we need a "Review Weekend", once each month, set aside to write those reviews you've been not doing in favor of reading!

Review Weekends will vary randomly each month and is meant to be a time set aside to review. Take one, or both days and get caught up on reviews so you can spend the rest of the month reading!!

The next Review Weekend is set for June 17/18

**When linking your reviews, please link only to the book(s) here at GoodReads. At this time, linking to a personal blog is not allowed. Thank you!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

reserved

message 3: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Jun 30, 2017 04:45PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14770 comments Mod

Start of Month:

Books on Shelf : 5

Books:
Exceptional Talent How to Attract, Acquire and Retain the Very Best Employees by Mervyn Dinnen Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1) by Renee Ahdieh Best Laid Plans by Kathy Lette The Bedlam Stacks by Natasha Pulley Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda

Feedback ratio: 94%

FINISHED
Exceptional Talent How to Attract, Acquire and Retain the Very Best Employees by Mervyn Dinnen Best Laid Plans by Kathy Lette

ADDED
Spoils by Brian Van Reet 50 Top Tools for Employee Engagement A Complete Toolkit for Improving Motivation and Productivity by Debbie Mitchell Friend Request by Laura Marshall Myths of Leadership Banish the Misconceptions and Become a Great Leader by Jo Owen B2B Marketing Strategy Differentiate, Develop and Deliver Lasting Customer Engagement by Heidi Taylor

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 8
Feedback Ratio:91%

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Kazen (last edited Jun 28, 2017 02:59AM) (new)

Kazen Last month was a bust, but this month!

~nods furiously~

June

Start of month:
The Stone Collection (The Debwe Series) by Kateri Akiwenzie-Damm Buzz Books 2017 Fall/Winter Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Louise Erdrich, Bill McKibben, Celeste Ng, Robin Sloan, Amy Tan and 35 More by Publishers Lunch

Ratio: 96%

Finished:
Buzz Books 2017 Fall/Winter Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Louise Erdrich, Bill McKibben, Celeste Ng, Robin Sloan, Amy Tan and 35 More by Publishers Lunch

Added:
The Red by Tiffany Reisz

message 5: by Nicole (last edited May 30, 2017 04:00PM) (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Ratio 87%
Shelf 18 books

To read:
The Trouble by Daria Defore The Dreamcatcher by Barrett The Search for Aveline (Sink or Swim #1) by Stephanie Rabig
The Edge of the Abyss (The Abyss Surrounds Us, #2) by Emily Skrutskie Le Chateau by Sarah Ridout The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
Ensnared by Rita Stradling Final Girls by Mira Grant Ballad of the Beanstalk by Amy McNulty Rose Petal Graves (The Lost Clan #1) by Olivia Wildenstein
The Essential Paradise Lost by John Carey Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1) by Renee Ahdieh
Shattered Minds (Pacifica) by Laura Lam Into Your Arms (Squad Stories #1) by Chelsea M. Cameron Hook's Tale Being the Account of an Unjustly Villainized Pirate Written by Himself by John Leonard Pielmeier Urban Enemies by Joseph Nassise The Wrong Woman (Toronto Connections, #4) by Cass Lennox Caught! (The Shamwell Tales, #1) by J.L. Merrow

message 6: by Kristie (last edited Jun 26, 2017 12:25PM) (new)

Kristie | 3345 comments I'm in.

Beginning of Month:

Books on Shelf: 10
The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Mejia Always by Sarah Jio Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner Beartown by Fredrik Backman The Breakdown by B.A. Paris Bring Her Home by David Bell The Silent Corner by Dean Koontz The Witchfinder's Sister by Beth Underdown

Netgalley Ratio: 90%

End of Month:

Read: 1
The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff

Reviews: 1
Orphan's Tale review

Added: 2
When I Wake Up
Emma in the Night

Books on Shelf: 11
Ratio: 89%

message 7: by Melanie (last edited Jul 04, 2017 08:37PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 765 comments I'm in again!

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 26
Feedback Ratio: 56%

Books (ordered by pub date):
Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1) by Susie Steiner A Christmas Day at the Office by Matt Dunn Worth Killing For (DI Fenchurch, #2) by Ed James Tell Me Again by Michelle Major Hard Road (Jon Reznick, #1) by J.B. Turner All the Breaking Waves by Kerry Lonsdale Frostblood (Frostblood Saga, #1) by Elly Blake Killing Jane by Stacy Green The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco Things I Should Have Known by Claire LaZebnik
Defy the Stars (Constellation, #1) by Claudia Gray The Grave Tender by Eliza Maxwell What Doesn't Kill You (DI Fenchurch, #3) by Ed James I Found You by Lisa Jewell The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake Blackout by Marc Elsberg The Weight of Lies by Emily Carpenter A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2) by Kendra Elliot The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino #1) by Loreth Anne White
Down Home Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #8) by Maisey Yates Wired (Buchanan-Renard, #13) by Julie Garwood Nobody Gets Hurt (Sam Wylde #2) by R.J. Bailey Wild Ride Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #9) by Maisey Yates My Fair Lover (Legendary Lovers, #5) by Nicole Jordan The Dark Lake by Sarah Bailey

Plus I still need to review Duke with Benefits (Studies in Scandal, #2) by Manda Collins , which I finished in May and gave feedback for.

Added:
Stirring up the Sheriff (Wildhorse Ranch Brothers #3) by Leslie North Too Scot to Handle (Windham Brides, #2) by Grace Burrowes The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker My Hellion, My Heart (Lords of Essex, #3) by Amalie Howard

Finished:
Duke with Benefits (Studies in Scandal, #2) by Manda Collins My Review Stirring up the Sheriff (Wildhorse Ranch Brothers #3) by Leslie North My Review Tell Me Again by Michelle Major My Review Wired (Buchanan-Renard, #13) by Julie Garwood My Review

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 28
Feedback Ratio: 57%

message 8: by Alison (last edited Jun 24, 2017 12:37PM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2640 comments Beginning of Month

Feedback Ratio 75%
Books on Shelf: 38

Planning to Read
The Rome Affair by Karen Swan He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly The Ninth Rain (The Winnowing Flame Trilogy, #1) by Jen Williams The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion My Husband's Wife by Jane Corry Skullsworn by Brian Staveley Sleep Tight (Detective Ruby Preston, #2) by Caroline Mitchell A Dark So Deadly by Stuart MacBride Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah The Idea of You by Amanda Prowse Beartown by Fredrik Backman

Read & still to Review
Spandex and the City by Jenny T. Colgan The Devil's Colony by Bill Schweigart Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig

Reviews Posted
Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist, #1) by Renee Ahdieh Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Holiday in the Hamptons by Sarah Morgan The Bed and Breakfast on the Beach by Kat French

Books Added:
Two Nights by Kathy Reichs Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody Yesterday The thriller of the summer by Felicia Yap Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon The Marriage Pact by Michelle Richmond The Treatment by C.L. Taylor

Current

Feedback Ratio 74%
Books on Shelf 41

message 9: by Melindam (last edited Jun 28, 2017 03:54AM) (new)

Melindam | 3248 comments Beginning of month

Number of books on shelf: 11

Feedback ratio: 57%

Books on shelf: A Year of Second Chances by Buffy Andrews Under A Tuscan Sky by Karen Aldous My Sister's Wedding by Vicky Pattison Unfiction by Gene Doucette Escape to the Cotswolds by Natalie Kleinman The Writers' Retreat by Indu Balachandran The Summer of Serendipity by Ali McNamara Continental Crimes by Martin Edwards Hygge and Kisses by Clara Christensen The Forgotten Beasts of Eld by Patricia A. McKillip Christmas in London by Anita Hughes

Read:
A Year of Second Chances by Buffy Andrews 3.5 stars My review

Under A Tuscan Sky by Karen Aldous 2.5 stars
My review

My Sister's Wedding by Vicky Pattison 4 stars
My review

Under A Tuscan Sky by Karen Aldous 2.5 stars
My review

Unfiction by Gene Doucette 3.5 stars
My review

Escape to the Cotswolds by Natalie Kleinman 2 stars
My review

End of month
Number of books on shelf: 5

Feedback ratio: 80%

message 10: by Lara (last edited Jun 30, 2017 07:31PM) (new)

Lara | 676 comments June starting books on shelf: 46
June starting ratio: 79%

Books that have been published: 32
Soda Politics Taking on Big Soda (and Winning) by Marion Nestle Sprint How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days by Jake Knapp Sealed Up The Course of Fate--Book One by Steve Dunn Hanson Your Writing Well Common-Sense Strategies & Logic-Based Skills in 15 Essays for the 21st Century by Bob Davis When You Wish Christmas Wish /Valentine Wish / Wedding Wish by Alexandra Ivy Don't Be Such a Scientist Talking Substance in an Age of Style by Randy Olson 10 Reasons You Feel Old and Get Fat... And How YOU Can Stay Young, Slim, and Happy! by Frank Lipman Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3) by Marcus Sakey Completing Our Streets The Transition to Safe and Inclusive Transportation Networks by Barbara McCann Wake of Vultures (The Shadow, #1) by Lila Bowen Conspiracy of Ravens (The Shadow, #2) by Lila Bowen Beautiful Money by Leanne Jacobs Nourishing Fats Why We Need Animal Fats for Health and Happiness by Sally Fallon Morell Fearless and Free How Smart Women Pivot — And Relaunch Their Careers by Wendy Sachs Micro-Resilience Minor Shifts for Major Boosts in Focus, Drive, and Energy by Bonnie St. John Tudor Roses by Alice Starmore Mosaic & Lace Knits 20 Innovative Patterns Combining Slip-Stitch Colorwork and Lace Techniques by Barbara Benson Wired to Eat How to Rewire Your Appetite and Lose Weight for Good by Robb Wolf Shadow Run (Kaitan Chronicles, #1) by AdriAnne Strickland Bright Line Eating The Science of Living Happy, Thin, and Free by Susan Peirce Thompson Undulation Relieve Stiffness and Feel Young by Anita Boser The Lose Your Belly Diet by Travis Stork MD Nopalito by Gonzalo Guzmán Fur Fox's Sake (Shifters Undercover, #2) by Milly Taiden The White Light of Tomorrow (First Earth Book 1) by D. Pierce Williams Uncorking a Lie by Nadine Nettmann Bangkok Recipes and Stories from the Heart of Thailand by Leela Punyaratabandhu Swords Against Darkness by Paula Guran Ex Libris Stories of Librarians, Libraries, and Lore by Paula Guran Fiery Ferments 70 Stimulating Recipes for Hot Sauces, Spicy Chutneys, Kimchis with Kick, and Other Blazing Fermented Condiments by Kirsten K. Shockey The Damned Trilogy A Call to Arms, The False Mirror, and The Spoils of War by Alan Dean Foster Tinker Dabble Doodle Try Unlock the Power of the Unfocused Mind by Srini Pillay

Being published in June: 5
Talen (Dark Protectors, #7.9) by Rebecca Zanetti Sloshies 102 Boozy Cocktails Straight from the Freezer by Jerry Nevins Impatient Foodie 100 Delicious Recipes for a Hectic, Time-Starved World by Elettra Wiedemann How to Drink French Fluently by PUNCH Creative Mexican Ice Cream Beloved Recipes and Stories by Fany Gerson

The rest: 10
Cidercraft A Tasting and Appreciation Guide to North American Hard Ciders by Erin James Modern Cider Simple Recipes to Make Your Own Ciders, Perries, Cysers, Shrubs, Fruit Wines, Vinegars, and More by Emma Christensen Home Sausage Making, 4th Edition From Fresh and Cooked to Smoked, Dried, and Cured 100 Specialty Recipes by Charles G. Reavis Smorgasbord The Art of Swedish Breads and Savory Treats by Johanna Kindvall QUESO! Regional Recipes for the World's Favorite Chile-Cheese Dip by Lisa Fain The Extra Virgin Kitchen Recipes for Wheat-Free, Sugar-Free and Dairy-Free Eating by Susan Jane White Ready or Not! 150+ Make-Ahead, Make-Over, and Make-Now Recipes by Nom Nom Paleo by Michelle Tam Cheers to the Publican, Repast and Present Recipes and Ramblings from an American Beer Hall by Paul Kahan Sweet by Yotam Ottolenghi Garden Renovation Transform Your Yard Into the Garden of Your Dreams by Bobbie Schwartz

Added in June: 7
You Are Getting Sleepy Lifestyle-Based Solutions for Insomnia by Paul Glovinsky PhD Age of Swords (The Legends of the First Empire, #2) by Michael J. Sullivan Instant Pot® Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook (An Authorized Instant Pot® Cookbook) Quick & Easy Recipes for Everyday Eating by Sara Quessenberry How to Instant Pot Mastering All the Functions of the One Pot That Will Change the Way You Cook by Daniel Shumski Sweet by Yotam Ottolenghi Sweet, Savory, and Free Insanely Delicious Plant-Based Recipes without Any of the Top 8 Food Allergens by Debbie Adler Cooking with Flavor Bombs Prep It, Freeze It, Drop It . . . Transform Dinner! by Giovannina Bellino

Read and reviewed: 8
Undulation Relieve Stiffness and Feel Young by Anita Boser Swords Against Darkness by Paula Guran Fiery Ferments 70 Stimulating Recipes for Hot Sauces, Spicy Chutneys, Kimchis with Kick, and Other Blazing Fermented Condiments by Kirsten K. Shockey Sloshies 102 Boozy Cocktails Straight from the Freezer by Jerry Nevins Impatient Foodie 100 Delicious Recipes for a Hectic, Time-Starved World by Elettra Wiedemann Smorgasbord The Art of Swedish Breads and Savory Treats by Johanna Kindvall Talen (Dark Protectors, #7.9) by Rebecca Zanetti Fur Fox's Sake (Shifters Undercover, #2) by Milly Taiden

message 11: by Michelle (last edited Jun 30, 2017 03:39PM) (new)

Michelle (vorvesm) | 46 comments Start of Month:

June Books on Shelf : 18

Books:
Current titles:
All Rights Reserved (Word$ #1) by Gregory Scott Katsoulis Theft by Finding Diaries 1977-2002 by David Sedaris Watch Me Disappear by Janelle Brown Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan The Child by Fiona Barton The Party by Robyn Harding Trophy Son by Douglas Brunt Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka

Older than 3 months:
The Takedown by Corrie Wang Perfect (Flawed, #2) by Cecelia Ahern The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda Close Enough to Touch by Colleen Oakley Geekerella by Ashley Poston Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage Gone Without a Trace by Mary Torjussen Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Absalom's Daughters by Suzanne Feldman Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris Watching Edie by Camilla Way

ADDED IN JUNE
I Am Not a Number by Jenny Kay Dupuis Trophy Son by Douglas Brunt Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka

Feedback ratio to start: 72%

FINISHED
Theft by Finding Diaries 1977-2002 by David Sedaris Review I Am Not a Number by Jenny Kay Dupuis Review The Party by Robyn Harding Review The Takedown by Corrie Wang Review

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 18 (same as start of June)
Feedback Ratio: 74% (up 2%)

message 12: by Emily (last edited Jul 08, 2017 02:20PM) (new)

Emily | 1013 comments On Shelf 80
Ratio 77%
Goal 10 books

READ 4
Cougar Bait
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Make Me Beg
Lying in Ruin
Falling For Her Fiancee

On Shelf 80
Ratio 77%

message 13: by Ronyell (last edited Jun 10, 2017 03:23PM) (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 58 comments Start of Month

Feedback Ratio 45%
Books on Shelf: 47

Current Titles:

Who Is Rich? by Matthew Klam Scandal of the Season by Liana LeFey Mer by Joelle Sellner The Castoffs, V.1 Mage Against the Machine by M.K. Reed Harbinger Renegade, Volume 1 The Judgment of Solomon by Rafer Roberts Lady Mechanika - Tome 03 Les tablettes du destin (1ère partie) by Marcia Chen

Older than 3 months:

Dead Souls by J. Lincoln Fenn Gertie's Leap to Greatness by Kate Beasley Brigada 1 (Brigada, #1) by Enrique Fernández The Quest of All Ages by Maha Devi Li Ra La Wynonna Earp Volume 1 Homecoming (Wynonna Earp #1-6) by Beau Smith White Sand Volume 1 (White Sand, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Warship Jolly Roger #1 by Sylvain Runberg Wraithborn by Joe Benítez Lady Mechanika Volume 1 Mystery of the Mechanical Corpse by Joe Benítez Lady Mechanika Volume 2 The Tablet of Destinies by M. M. Chen Disney Tim Burton's the Nightmare Before Christmas Special Collector's Manga by Jun Asuka Raw and Dirty (Bad Boys MC Trilogy, #1) by Violet Blaze Far Out Fairy Tales by Joey Comeau

Recently Added:

Read and Reviewed:

The Hockey Saint (Forever Friends, #2) by Howard Shapiro

message 14: by Elizabeth (last edited Jun 29, 2017 01:02PM) (new)

Elizabeth How many books on your NetGalley shelf:12

What books are on your NG shelf:
Wayne and Ford The Films, the Friendship, and the Forging of an American Hero by Nancy Schoenberger , Scars of Independence America's Violent Birth by Holger Hoock , Body of the Crime (Chip Palmer Forensic Mystery #1) by Jennifer Chase , The Devil's Colony by Bill Schweigart , SEAL Guardian (Brothers in Arms #3) by Leslie North , Shooting Lincoln Mathew Brady, Alexander Gardner, and the Race to Photograph the Story of the Century by Nicholas Pistor , Shark Island by Chris Jameson , The Beekeeper by Stewart Giles , The Breakdown by B.A. Paris , The Girls in the Water (Detectives King and Lane, #1) by Victoria Jenkins , Dark Horse by B.J. Daniels , Storm Wolf (Arctic Brotherhood, #3) by Jane Godman

What your Netgalley feedback ratio is:91%

Read:
The Silent Corner by Dean Koontz 6/3/17 4.5 stars
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

: The Forever Spy (Yuri Kirov #2) by Jeffrey Layton 6/11/17
://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1982145245

99 Red Balloons by Elisabeth Carpenter 6/22/17 five stars

Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka DNF 100% 6/25/17
://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2038335076

The Oldest Enigma of Humanity The Key to the Mystery of the Paleolithic Cave Paintings by Bertrand David DNF 100% 6/29/17

Your updated shelf count:13

d: Your updated books to read:

Scars of Independence America's Violent Birth by Holger Hoock , Wayne and Ford The Films, the Friendship, and the Forging of an American Hero by Nancy Schoenberger , Body of the Crime (Chip Palmer Forensic Mystery #1) by Jennifer Chase , The Devil's Colony by Bill Schweigart , SEAL Guardian (Brothers in Arms #3) by Leslie North , Shooting Lincoln Mathew Brady, Alexander Gardner, and the Race to Photograph the Story of the Century by Nicholas Pistor , Shark Island by Chris Jameson , The Beekeeper by Stewart Giles , The Breakdown by B.A. Paris , The Girls in the Water (Detectives King and Lane, #1) by Victoria Jenkins , Dark Horse by B.J. Daniels , Scent of Danger (The Phoenix Agency Book 3) by Desiree Holt

e: Your updated ratio: 91%

message 15: by Megan L (last edited Jun 21, 2017 08:10AM) (new)

Megan L Harnett | 296 comments I am restarting this challenge.

Books on shelf:23

Read and Reviewed:
A Fine Madness (Highland Brides Book 3) by Elizabeth Essex
Breaking the Cowboy's Rules (Wildhorse Ranch Brothers #1) by Leslie North
Archie of Outlandish by Lynnette Kraft

Updated ratio: 5%

message 16: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Got this one done
Exceptional Talent How to Attract, Acquire and Retain the Very Best Employees by Mervyn Dinnen

If you are a business owner/senior manager/HR practitioner it is a worthwhile read

message 17: by Kellie (last edited Jun 22, 2017 07:51AM) (new)

Kellie | 16 comments Start of month:
Books on shelf: 14
Feedback Ratio: 80%

Books (ordered by pub date):
The Magdalen Girls by V.S. Alexander The Daring Duke (The 1797 Club #1) by Jess Michaels A Colony in a Nation by Christopher L. Hayes The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See American War by Omar El Akkad Prince Charles The Passions and Paradoxes of an Improbable Life by Sally Bedell Smith The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore Seven Days in May by Kim Izzo Elizabeth, The Witch's Daughter by Lynda M. Andrews Chemistry by Weike Wang Her Favorite Duke (The 1797 Club #2) by Jess Michaels Strong Memory, Sharp Mind Anti-Aging Strategies for Your Brain by Frank Minirth What She Ate Six Remarkable Women and the Food That Tells Their Stories by Laura Shapiro Basic Witches How to Summon Success, Banish Drama, and Raise Hell with Your Coven by Jaya Saxena

Added:
Girl Up by Laura Bates The Lazy Girl's Guide to Life 100+ Ways to Hack Your Look, Love, and Work By Doing (Almost) Nothing! by Jennifer Byrne Nasty Women by 404 Ink Project You More Than 50 Ways to Calm Down, de-Stress, and Feel Great by Aubre Andrus Running with Mindfulness Dynamic Running Therapy (DRT) to Improve Low-mood, Anxiety, Stress, and Depression by William Pullen Too Fat, Too Slutty, Too Loud The Rise and Reign of the Unruly Woman by Anne Helen Petersen

Finished:
The Daring Duke (The 1797 Club #1) by Jess Michaels Her Favorite Duke (The 1797 Club #2) by Jess Michaels Project You More Than 50 Ways to Calm Down, de-Stress, and Feel Great by Aubre Andrus The Magdalen Girls by V.S. Alexander Basic Witches How to Summon Success, Banish Drama, and Raise Hell with Your Coven by Jaya Saxena

End of Month:
Books on shelf:
Feedback Ratio:

message 18: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (autumnmemory80) Start of month:
Books on shelf: 15
Feedback Ratio: 88%

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

message 19: by Cai (last edited Jan 04, 2018 11:51PM) (new)

Cai (princesscai) | 167 comments 1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf

88 as of the 1st of June
b: What books are on your NG shelf
The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn Match Me If you Can by Michele Gorman Your Heart Is a Muscle the Size of a Fist by Sunil Yapa We Just Clicked by Sophie Childs Beyond the Stars by Stacy Wise The Witches of Cambridge by Menna van Praag I'll See You in Paris by Michelle Gable The Vatican Princess A Novel of Lucrezia Borgia by C.W. Gortner Another Love by Amanda Prowse A Girl's Guide to Moving On (New Beginnings, #2) by Debbie Macomber The Silk Merchant's Daughter by Dinah Jefferies On the Run (Big Mike and Minnie #1) by Susan Amanda Kelly Regrets Only (The Marriage Pact, #2) by M.J. Pullen A Stolen Kiss (Stolen Royals #1) by Kelsey Keating Siren's Song (Storm Siren, #3) by Mary Weber The Jewelled Snuffbox by Alice Chetwynd Ley Mayflowers for November The Rise and Fall of Anne Boleyn by Malyn Bromfield Something Short and Sweet by H.E. Bates In the Hope of Memories by Olivia Rivers In Defense of the Princess How Plastic Tiaras and Fairytale Dreams Can Inspire Smart, Strong Women by Jerramy Fine The Love Triangle by Nic Tatano Return to the Little Coffee Shop of Kabul (The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul #2) by Deborah Rodriguez Lizzie's Secret (The Workshop Girls #1) by Rosie Clarke Where the Heart Is Romance Collection by Erica Vetsch Finding Home by Lauren Westwood Writer Permanently Booked (The Ladies Smythe & Westin) by Lisa Q. Mathews The Sun King Conspiracy by Yves Jégo La Vie en Rose Life in Pink by Lydia Michaels Life As I Know It by Michelle Payne As If I Were A River by Amanda Saint Herman Melville The Dover Reader by Herman Melville The Little Pieces of You and Me by Vanessa Greene A Falling Friend by Sue Featherstone Bluegrass Bend by Mandy Magro A Teen's Guide to the 5 Love Languages How to Understand Yourself and Improve All Your Relationships by Gary Chapman Night Shift (Midnight, Texas, #3) by Charlaine Harris The Candidates Based on a True Country by Matthew S. Hiley Driving Miss Crazy by D.J. Van Oss Rock-a-Bye Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #16) by Carolyn Haines Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley Out of the Ice by Ann Turner Red Dirt by E.M. Reapy The Wedding Sisters A Novel by Jamie Brenner Lady of the Highway (The Highway Trilogy, #3) by Deborah Swift Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts The Missing Wife by Sheila O'Flanagan The Good Guy by Susan Beale Blame by Nicole Trope The Horseman by Charlotte Nash Summer in Good Hope (Good Hope #2) by Cindy Kirk Golden Hope by Johanna Nicholls The Secrets Sisters Keep by Sinéad Moriarty In Twenty Years by Allison Winn Scotch City of Shadows (London Fae, #2) by Pippa DaCosta Skin Deep by Catherine Barry Watching Edie by Camilla Way The Purpose Is Profit The Truth about Starting and Building Your Own Business by Ed "Skip" McLaughlin Sunset Shadows (Goodabri #3) by Bronwyn Parry Late Summer in the Vineyard by Jo Thomas A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1) by Amanda Bouchet Never Never (Detective Harriet Blue, #1) by James Patterson Txt Me by B. Bonin Bough The Zen of Social Media Marketing An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue by Shama Hyder Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1) by Erin Nicholas Southern Ruby by Belinda Alexandra Until I Love Again (St. Lawrence County Amish #2) by Jerry S. Eicher Raising an Entrepreneur 10 Rules for Nurturing Risk Takers, Problem Solvers, and Change Makers by Margot Machol Bisnow The Memory of Things by Gae Polisner Queen Bees Six Brilliant and Extraordinary Society Hostesses Between the Wars by Siân Evans The Art of Keeping Secrets by Rachael Johns Born Mobster by Paige Dearth The Birdman's Wife by Melissa Ashley The Family Secret by Fiona Palmer Hostile Takeover by Phyllis J. Piano Digital Kids How to Balance Screen Time, and Why it Matters by Martin L. Kutscher The Witches of New York by Ami McKay Beyond the Orchard by Anna Romer The One We Fell in Love With by Paige Toon Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay by Jill Mansell Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2) by Alwyn Hamilton Her Mother's Secret by Natasha Lester The Hidden Hours by Sara Foster White Sand, Blue Sea A St. Barts Love Story by Anita Hughes You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher The Romance Reader's Guide to Life A Novel by Sharon Pywell The Book of Summer by Michelle Gable Anne Boleyn A King's Obsession (Six Tudor Queens, #2) by Alison Weir
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is
21%

message 20: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2640 comments Has anyone come across the new book in exchange for reviews site Readers First? Someone mentioned they'd had a couple of books from them so I had a look earlier. Very limited selection compared to NetGalley and predominantly UK based but it looks interesting. They do weekly draws for books but also have a points based system too. You get points for writing reviews and cross posting and once you hit a certain number you're entitled to a free book.

I've signed up despite already having way too many ARCs but just curious if anyone else has come across it or heard anything about it?

message 21: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3345 comments Well, I haven't read any yet this month, but I did just add one. When I Wake Up

message 22: by Nicole (last edited Jun 15, 2017 04:21PM) (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments I've had a really good month so far, have finished three different books for this challenge and we're only halfway through the month! All of them quite good as well!

Shattered Minds (Pacifica) by Laura Lam 4 stars https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
The Wrong Woman (Toronto Connections, #4) by Cass Lennox 3 stars https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Into Your Arms (Squad Stories #1) by Chelsea M. Cameron 3 stars https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
The Trouble by Daria Defore 4 stars https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

And I've only just now started reading my fifth this morning: Urban Enemies by Joseph Nassise

message 23: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3345 comments Nice job, Nicole! Glad you've had some good reads too.

I started The Orphan's Tale today, so I'll at least get through one this month!

message 24: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Alison wrote: "Has anyone come across the new book in exchange for reviews site Readers First? Someone mentioned they'd had a couple of books from them so I had a look earlier. Very limited selection compared to ..."

No I haven't heard of it. Sounds like an interesting concept

message 25: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Nicole wrote: "I've had a really good month so far, have finished three different books for this challenge and we're only halfway through the month! All of them quite good as well!
..."

well done!

message 26: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Finished
Best Laid Plans by Kathy Lette
which I didn't enjoy. Just too silly.
review

message 27: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3248 comments Just got a new badge on Netgalley :)

80%

message 28: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3345 comments Yay! Way to go, Melindam! 😄

message 29: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3248 comments Thanks, Kristie. :)

message 30: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2640 comments Congrats!!

Unfortunately I seem to be heading in the opposite direction.

message 31: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3345 comments I'm going backwards too. lol I just got another. Emma in the Night

I'm almost done with The Orphan's Tale. It's good and I'm right at the end. I just need to find about another hour to finish it.

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments I can't believe how ahead I am. I haven't gone back to the other side of 80% since getting that badge. Something's wrong with me. Quick, someone take my temperature!

message 33: by B (new)

B (bookswithb) | 24 comments How does one get the badge??

message 34: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments You need to hit 80% of your requests having had feedback sent through B.

message 35: by B (new)

B (bookswithb) | 24 comments Sweet! Hopefully I'll get it soon! Thought maybe it was more complicated. Thank you :)

message 36: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3248 comments But you only get it after reading 20 books & reaching the 80% feedback.

message 37: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3248 comments Alison wrote: "Congrats!!

Unfortunately I seem to be heading in the opposite direction."

Thanks, Alison!

message 38: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

I may have just added 2... which means to get ahead I need to try and finish a 3rd one this month :o
Spoils by Brian Van Reet Friend Request by Laura Marshall

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "I may have just added 2... which means to get ahead I need to try and finish a 3rd one this month :o
Spoils by Brian Van Reet Friend Request by Laura Marshall"

That's me I get one off my list and then add other one. Which brings my.shelf back up to 13

message 40: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2640 comments I may have added 5 bringing my shelf to 42 :/

I will however ignore those emails with widgets.

message 41: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3345 comments I just got a couple emails again too. It's difficult to say no to those.

message 42: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 465 comments I'm late buuuut just got a new request so I needed to add it somewhere :D

How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 11
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 60%

What books are on your NG shelf:
Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember Hidden (Five Fates, #1) by Amy McKinley The Story Traveler by Max Candee When We're Entwined (When We're Entwined #1) by Jody A. Kessler
Clock Zero I'm not my social feed by Nawar Alsaadi Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch The List by Patricia Forde The Invisible Hand Shakespeare's Moon, Act I by James Hartley Zenn Diagram by Wendy Brant Geekerella by Ashley Poston

New
Ensnared by Rita Stradling

Read but not reviewed [feedback sent]

Read & Reviewed

End of the month(view spoiler)

message 44: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell (rabbitearsblog) | 58 comments Kristie wrote: "Orphan's Tale review"

Wow! Where did you get that Netgalley Review badge?

message 46: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

The other day I did the classic "I'll just request these 5 books and see what happens"
all approved :o

message 47: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3345 comments Haha, Karen. Classic move. Good thing you don't typically have many books on your shelf.

message 48: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

July thread is open here

message 49: by Melindam (new)

Melindam | 3248 comments Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "The other day I did the classic "I'll just request these 5 books and see what happens"
all approved :o"

HaHaHa! Keep calm, Karen, and request more books on Netgalley! :)

message 50: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Melindam wrote: "Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "The other day I did the classic "I'll just request these 5 books and see what happens"
all approved :o"

HaHaHa! Keep calm, Karen, and request more books on Netgalley! :)"

haha
I was so close to getting 100% a few months ago (I got to 99%!!) and couldn't help myself and requested more books.
I know that I'm still in pretty good shape, but I'm trying to keep it achievable otherwise I get overwhelmed and don't read any... lol!!

« previous 1