Paging All Bookworms! discussion

Challenges > JUNE 2017 Monthly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book Concierge (last edited Jun 01, 2017 03:29PM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2237 comments Mod
June 2017 Monthly Challenge - HERE COMES THE BRIDE
Begins: 01June17 / Ends: 30June17

June is traditionally known as the Month for Weddings. So our challenge is all about those happy occasions.

1. Something Borrowed - Read a book you borrowed (from library, from friend). Tell us from whom you borrowed the book.

2. Something Blue - Read a book with a predominantly (50%) BLUE cover.

3. Bride's Bouquet - Read a book with flowers on the cover - MORE than just a single bloom.

4. Wedding Cake - Read a book with any baked dessert item on the cover. (Though we prefer cake, we'll take any baked dessert item.)

5. Honeymoon - Read a book set in a location where you would honeymoon. Tell us the location and why you'd like to honeymoon there.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rules of the challenge
Books must be at least 100 pages in length
A book counts for only ONE task per challenge (but feel free to use it for other challenges ... in the past or in another group).
Re-reads are fine, as long as you actually read the entire book
Book should be finished within the time-frame of the challenge.
Any format ("dead tree," e-book, audio...) is fine.

If you want acknowledgement that you have completed the challenge you MUST include the date you finished reading each book.

As always, have fun!

message 2: by Book Concierge (last edited Jun 01, 2017 03:29PM) (new)

Reserved for list of participants:

Beverly
Diana S
Dosha
Koren
Sheila
Skeetor
Stephany
Tessa

message 3: by Koren (last edited Jun 15, 2017 08:09AM) (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 615 comments 1. Something Borrowed - Read a book you borrowed (from library, from friend). Tell us from whom you borrowed the book. Borrowed from the library: This Fight Is Our Fight: The Battle to Save America's Middle Class by Elizabeth Warren
This Fight Is Our Fight The Battle to Save America's Middle Class by Elizabeth Warren

2. Something Blue - Read a book with a predominantly (50%) BLUE cover. - Through the Glass by Shannon Moroney Through the Glass by Shannon Maroney finished 6/4

3. Bride's Bouquet - Read a book with flowers on the cover - MORE than just a single bloom.

4. Wedding Cake - Read a book with any baked dessert item on the cover. (Though we prefer cake, we'll take any baked dessert item.) I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids: Reinventing Modern Motherhood finished 6/2
I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids Reinventing Modern Motherhood by Trisha Ashworth

5. Honeymoon - Read a book set in a location where you would honeymoon. Tell us the location and why you'd like to honeymoon there.

message 4: by Book Concierge (last edited Aug 07, 2017 04:44AM) (new)

5 / 5 Completed

1. Something Borrowed - Read a book you borrowed (from library, from friend). from the library - We Are Called to Rise ✔ - 4 June 17

2. Something Blue - BLUE cover - Catch-22 by Joseph Heller ✔ - 08June17

3. Bride's Bouquet - Flowers on the cover - Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye ✔ - 14June17

4. Wedding Cake - Baked dessert on cover - Bliss (The Bliss Bakery, #1) by Kathryn Littlewood ✔ – 27July17

5. Honeymoon - Read a book set in a location where you would honeymoon. California: Hubby and I actually DID honeymoon in CA (San Francisco and down to Big Sur) - Farewell, My Lovely ✔ - 01June17

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Welcome to our new monthly challenge! I've got you linked, Koren.

message 6: by Dosha (Bluestocking7) (last edited May 31, 2017 09:05AM) (new)

Dosha (Bluestocking7) Beard (bluestocking7) | 18 comments I wanna play! My book will be a borrowed book from the BPL - Connolly branch [book: Rebecca

1. Something Borrowed - Read a book you borrowed (from library, from friend). Tell us from whom you borrowed the book.

4. Wedding Cake - Read a book with any baked dessert item on the cover. (Though we prefer cake, we'll take any baked dessert item.)

message 7: by Book Concierge (new)

Dosha (Bluestocking7) wrote: "I wanna play! My book will be a borrowed book from the BPL - Connolly branch [book: Rebecca"

Welcome to the challenge, Dosha!

Copy/paste the challenge tasks into your post above ... or start a new post.
Then each time you complete an item click the "EDIT" button for your post and update it with the book you read for that task.

When you've finished you can just post a new message saying you are done.

Have fun!

message 8: by Beverly (new)

Beverly (zippymom) | 643 comments Here we go!!!

June is traditionally known as the Month for Weddings. So our challenge is all about those happy occasions.

message 9: by Sheila (last edited Aug 09, 2017 04:18PM) (new)

Sheila | 359 comments I'm in. Didn't make it in June but I'm still working on it.

4/5

1. Something Borrowed - Read a book you borrowed (from library, from friend). Tell us from whom you borrowed the book. The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough--finished 6/7/17. I borrowed this book from the library. The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough

2. Something Blue - Read a book with a predominantly (50%) BLUE cover. A Shot with You by Teri Ann Stanley--finished 6/28/17 A Shot with You (Bourbon Brothers #2) by Teri Anne Stanley

3. Bride's Bouquet - Read a book with flowers on the cover - MORE than just a single bloom. Dear Jane by Marissa Clarke--finished 6/24/17 Dear Jane (Animal Attraction, #1) by Marissa Clarke

5. Honeymoon - Read a book set in a location where you would honeymoon. Tell us the location and why you'd like to honeymoon there.--The Little French Bistro by Nina George--Paris and Brittany, France. Finished 7/31/17. I seem to be a Francophile. I would love to go to Paris and see the sights, especially Notre Dame. The Little French Bistro by Nina George

message 10: by Diana S (last edited Jun 28, 2017 10:05PM) (new)

Diana S | 3 comments June 2017 Monthly Challenge - HERE COMES THE BRIDE
Duration: 6/1 - 6/30
Books Read: 4/5

✔ 1. Something Borrowed
Read a book you borrowed (from library, from friend). Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty (6/7/17) ★★★★

✔ 2. Something Blue
Read a book with a predominantly (50%) BLUE cover.
The Everything Box (Another Coop Heist #1) by Richard Kadrey The Everything Box by Richard Kadrey (6/8/17) ★★★★

✔ 3. Bride's Bouquet
Read a book with flowers on the cover - MORE than just a single bloom.
(There are flowers in a vase)
The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff (6/11/17) ★★★★★

✔ 5. Honeymoon
Read a book set in a location where you would honeymoon. Tell us the location and why you'd like to honeymoon there.
(The book takes place in Elmwood Springs, Missouri, well, as much as I like small towns. I love St. Louis Missouri. The Arch, theather on showboats along the Mississippi River, The Cardinals (baseball), and the best deli food I ever tasted.)
The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg (6/10/17) ★★★★

Wedding Bliss
Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty The Everything Box (Another Coop Heist #1) by Richard Kadrey The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff

message 11: by Skeetor (new)

Skeetor | 159 comments June 2017 Monthly Challenge - HERE COMES THE BRIDE

0 / 5 Completed

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

Welcome to the challenge, Beverly, Diana S, Sheila and Skeetor.

I have everyone linked to this point.

message 13: by Stephany (new)

Stephany | 1 comments I'm playing!
My book is borrowed -public library
Blue cover &
Set on a cruise ship (honeymoon)
Title: The Woman in Cabin 10

message 14: by Book Concierge (new)

Stephany wrote: "I'm playing!
My book is borrowed -public library
Blue cover &
Set on a cruise ship (honeymoon)
Title: The Woman in Cabin 10"

Stephany ... Great that one book fits so many tasks ... BUT ...

I'm going to revise the rules to specify that you can only use a book for ONE task per month, though you are welcome to use one book for multiple challenges .. for example another group's challenges. Or if we have more than one challenge going at the same time.

That's been our intention all along, just never explicitly stated.

message 15: by Sireesha (new)

Sireesha Avvari | 1 comments Something Borrowed: Approval Junkie by Faith Saile. I borrowed it from my local library. San Mateo County Library

Something Blue: Tomboy by Liz Prince

Dosha (Bluestocking7) Beard (bluestocking7) | 18 comments this is so much. fun. I'm getting new ideas for future books and my book is about a new bride and is borrowed.

message 17: by Book Concierge (new)

Dosha (Bluestocking7) wrote: "this is so much. fun. I'm getting new ideas for future books and my book is about a new bride and is borrowed."

So glad you're enjoying it!

message 18: by Book Concierge (new)

Well ... I still haven't gotten any "cake" ....

message 19: by Book Concierge (new)

Update to Message # 4 - Finally finished!