Harper Bentley
This topic is about Harper Bentley
Author Q+A's > Q&A with Harper Bentley

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LeAnn (new)

LeAnn Storm (LeAnnStorm) | 205 comments Mod

Hi NABC!

Hope you all have had a fabulous weekend! This week, we have the fabulous Harper Bentley visiting us to answer your questions! Harper is the author of Gable, Discovering Us, Bigger Than the Sky, Being Chased, and many more!

Please leave your questions for Harper below! :)

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Smith | 17 comments Where does your inspiration come from?

message 3: by Latifa (new)

Latifa Morrisette | 46 comments Have you ever based any of your characters off of real life people?

message 4: by J. (new)

J. (LeaJ) | 87 comments If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?

message 5: by Debra (new)

Debra Shutters (DebraShutters) | 26 comments What or who inspired you to become a writer?

message 6: by Debra (new)

Debra Shutters (DebraShutters) | 26 comments What or who inspired you to become a writer?

message 7: by MiDouradoP (new)

MiDouradoP | 3 comments why and when did you decide to write?
Is there any plot you like to write (and read) the most?

message 8: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 7 comments Heather wrote: "Where does your inspiration come from?"

Hi Heather! Thanks for the question :)

I think a lot of my inspiration comes from people watching, which leads to ideas that begin jumping around in my head which turns into my writing books that I'd want to read.

I know this is a boring answer and I'd love to be able to tell you something way more profound, but all I can say is if I didn't get these stories out, I think my head would explode lol ;)

message 9: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 7 comments Latifa wrote: "Have you ever based any of your characters off of real life people?"

Hi Latifa!

All the time! Usually, it's only minor characters, and they mostly end up being bad people who represent the jerks I've encountered in my life lol I haven't based a leading character off a real life person, though, because they tend to develop their own personalities and I have to go with it!

Thank you for the question! <3

message 10: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 7 comments J. wrote: "If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?"

Hi J :) Great question!

I'd probably be Lisbeth Salander from the Millennium Series (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) because she's badass! I don't put up w/ a whole lot of crap from people anyway, but if I could back it all up with Lisbeth's badassedness, well, all the better LOL

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Wetherington (ColeBowl91) | 57 comments What's a classic tale that you love?

message 12: by Taranjit (new)

Taranjit Sidhu | 7 comments Will you be revisiting Ellen and Jag?

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 228 comments who are some of your favorite authors?

message 14: by Irma (new)

Irma | 96 comments Hi, I'll make it an easy one: What is your favorite childhood book?
Thank you! xx

message 15: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 7 comments Debra wrote: "What or who inspired you to become a writer?"

Thank you for your question, Debra :)

I'm a high school English teacher, so I read A LOT, and over the years, I've always thought, "I could do this." What got me in gear is after reading the Twilight saga (I know, but I LOVED it lol), I decided to give it a go by writing some fanfiction, and I was hooked. A couple years later, Liv Morris, fellow author and also former fanfiction writer, encouraged me to publish, and that's all she wrote (to add a bad pun)! ;)
xo

message 16: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 7 comments MiDouradoP wrote: "why and when did you decide to write?
Is there any plot you like to write (and read) the most?"

Hi MiDouradoP :)

I decided to give writing a try about seven years ago after reading the Twilight saga. I started with fanfiction (yeah, yeah lol) and loved it! Getting my stories out there and also interacting with readers was so much fun and I was hooked!

I love reading/writing romance, especially with alpha males and strong female characters. I think what I like the most about this trope is when the H falls hard for his woman and she becomes his world. Of course, it's the same for the h who, without losing herself in the process, loves him right back ;)

Thanks for the question!

message 17: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 7 comments Nicole wrote: "What's a classic tale that you love?"

Thanks for the question, Nicole :)

I love, love, love Jane Eyre! Talk about a strong chick! I mean, although she was mentally & physically abused in her younger years (by her own family, nonetheless), she still grew up to be a kind, caring, and courageously strong woman who stuck to her principles. And in the end she gets to marry Rochester, the love of her life. What a great story :)

message 18: by Harper (new)

Harper Bentley | 7 comments Irma wrote: "Hi, I'll make it an easy one: What is your favorite childhood book?
Thank you! xx"

Hi Irma!

I loved reading and being read to when I was little, but the one book that has always stuck with me is The Changeling by Zilpha Keatley Snyder, which I read in second grade. I remember identifying with Ivy, thinking I was magical and more than likely a changeling too, having been swapped with the real me at birth since my family was a hot mess lol

Other books that I read and loved at around that same age were Ellen Tebbitts, which cracked me up, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which opened up a whole new world of imagination for me :)

Thanks for the awesome question! <3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Gable (other topics)
Discovering Us (other topics)
Bigger Than the Sky (other topics)
Being Chased (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Harper Bentley (other topics)