Start by marking “Discovering Us (True Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
Discovering Us (True Love, #1)

Discovering Us

(True Love #1)

They wanted forever... but sometimes forever's not that easy.

Ellen has loved Jagger since she was five and he was seven when they kissed through the chain link fence at school. She’s had their wedding planned since she was twelve and is ready for a happily ever after with him, but life just isn't that neat and tidy.

Although they lost contact over the years, which broke
Published October 6th 2013 by Harper Bentley

To ask other readers questions about Discovering Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovering Us

Start your review of Discovering Us (True Love, #1)
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
description

This is the first book in a trilogy series. It does in fact end with a CLIFFHANGER. To me, there are several different types of cliffhanger endings, my favorite type is the “happy for now” ending. When this story ended, I was ready to punch out the first person who crossed my path. Seriously, I was this mad…

description

This story takes Ellen and Jagger’s relationship from early childhood into their twenties.

”And thus our story began.
This is the first part of it. Bear with me. There’s been a lot of shit
Anna
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book ! I loved their true feelings for each other and I love, love, love the best friends to lovers storyline. Factor in a wallflower and a up and coming college baseball star and ..... Yeppers.... Watch-out for the book butterfly attack

El's point of view was humorous and genuine. I loved her inner thoughts. She has been in love with Jagger since she was 5 !
A-freaking-dorable ! Finally after years of being ignored by Jagger, he was able to open his eyes so that he could
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
Why oh Why do I torture myself reading cliffhangers that have no release date on the next book???

cliffhanger photo tumblr_mpecknwzxI1r5452po1_400_zps9152c08a.gif

I decided to read this knowing it was a cliffhanger since it was short. WHY!! WHY!!

angry photo 4906547_zpse3e78325.gif

I'm reading along and then bam. THE FUCKING END!! AGHHHH

kidding me photo 4331065_zps4d564cbc.gif

I will say as of right now I want to find out what happens. Depending on how long it takes book 2 to come out I may forget the story or just not be interested at all anymore though...

photo 843975_zps47598f21.gif

Anyways, overall it was a decent NA read. Kinda reminded me of That Boy,
Sara
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh for shits sake! I knew going in this was a series and that this would end in a cliffhanger. But oh my shit!! I did not expect to love everything about this story and the writing. The characters!
Jagger and El grew up together. At the start of each chapter is a sentence. And it's kinda powerful because it sets the tone of that chapter. I loved the progression of the story from age 5 into their twenties.
Jag was such a great character! Just the right amount of sexy and sweet. Kind and genuine.
Jason
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
GOOD THE FUCK BYE TO JAGS EXISTENCE. I Swear if the author lets Ellen take Jag back with open arms in the next book I will be royally pissed. He needs to beg & grovel in the goddamn mud the entire 2nd book.
Rosalin
Aug 25, 2014 rated it did not like it
ZERO STARS.

***WARNING: RANT COMING***

description

I came across Discovering Us in some recommended list next to Ignite by R. J. Lewis, which I fucking loved. So I had to give this a shot.

That was probably not one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.

Jagger Jensen and Ellen Love met when she was five and he was seven years old. Ellen has had the biggest crush on Jagger for many many years. At the age of eleven, she discovered that he wouldn't return her feelings, so they stopped talking for five
aksana  -  4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 -
2 Stars
I have waited until february to start this one because I knew it would end in a cliffy. So after I finished it I looked up for some reviews for book 2 and what did I see?? Book 2 ends in a cliffhanger too!

I really considered to continue with this series just to see how asshole Jagger would grovel. Even though I didn't like the first book.

About the book
Jag and El have been friend since they were 5 years old bla bla

When El was 11 they stopped speaking and talking for 5 years blabla

At the
Nicole
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
FUUUUUUUU**. That cliffhanger has put me in a blind murderous rage. I LOATHE (view spoiler) and I DESPISE Dirk and I want to stick pins in an Alessandra-shaped voodoo doll. I am so hating on the world right now, all because of this bloody book! Ellen didn’t deserve the last 4 years. Not one moment of it.

Emotions aside, this book was short. It felt almost like a novella, with each chapter jumping forward around about a year. Because of the breakneck pace, I felt like I could
Jen
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a story! I really enjoyed this one. It was light, funny and sweet. It follows El and Jag as friends since childhood growing up together as friends and then into lovers. As Anna said there were definitely book butterflies, but that ending was brutal! Yes there's a cliffhanger, Grr! I need book 2 NOW and I need Jag to take his head out of his ass and make it all better. I know Jag is a good guy at heart and he's going to have a lot of sucking up to do, not just to El, but to me too.

Bianca
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 'what the fuck just happened' stars
Talk about going from LOVING a character to LOATHING a character!
Anne OK
Aug 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Anne OK by: Oklahoma Author
Shelves: 2014-reads
DISCOVERING US
FINDING US
FINALLY US by Harper Bentley (True Love Series 1-3)

**4 Stars Overall**

I read this trilogy of books back to back and will do one review collectively for all three books. It was such a plus that I knew all three books were available and I didn't have to wait or face being miffed when I hit cliffhangers at the end of Books 1 and 2! It was somewhat of an adventurous journey including the good and the bad times with El and Jag over an estimated 25 year period of time. El, at
Rebecca
Casting for Jag and El. I'm not sure which guy I prefer.

"I love you. Forever and a day."

photo 566f4be0294d5ab55df086c5e2bde4f6_zpsc2a3f0bb.jpg

photo bc459d59b9c51ede4eccdb63aedbc1b5_zps6e812ce4.jpg

photo f7ecbeedc3753f372da8e81169095180_zpsa7c86287.jpg

Let me start by saying that I HATE cliffhangers. I usually knock at least 1 star off due to them, but I didn't with this one. I loved this book until the end. Jag and El were crazy in love, and I enjoyed reading about their journey. And, those sex scenes. HOT! However, Jag disappointed me so much at the end. I fear he is heading to be Jack Carter Jr., and while many love Jack Carter, I am not one of them.
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
First, let me say that I hate cliffhangers! Jagger is a complete and utter jerk. He just doesn't get it. He is pretty self-absorbed and insensitive. While he says he loves her, I don't feel he loves El as much as she loves him. He makes her feel at fault and guilty when she calls him on some of his BS.

I'm not sure I believe his commitment to El over the years. It seems that he takes her feelings for granted. I rated this a 4 star because now that I am invested, I have to find out what happens
F loves to read
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
this book was absolutly fuper!!! ;) (yes, sometimes I'm mixing up words like that myself...)
I adored the story of El and Jag and loved their special connection because they knew each other and were close friends since they were little kids. I smiled, laughed and snorted and just overall felt good while reading. even though there are a few times when things got tough I never doubted this special connection between these two and lost hope that they will pull through. now the ending was something
Bem Baulos
I love it! But damned me, do i really have to wait till february for the next book? That's just cruel. I'd be nice for Jag to finally grow some b@!!$ in the next book or for Ellie to have a new love interest. Just something for Jag to finally open his freakin eyes and grovel, and do the chasing. Its sad and unnerving that he allowed people to treat Ellie that way and just stood there and watched her heart broken. Nothing like a good ol' moving with a new guy while ex tries to win her back, i ...more
Tracy
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Okay. The cover is absolutely AWESOME!! Loved the book, loved the characters until the end..... Can anybody say the word ANGST... OMG, this book has in spades!!! I could not put it down. BUT WTF??????

I really do not deal well with cliffhangers...... I am still pissed.... even a few hours after finishing the book.... but I guess that means that I won't soon forget this one!!

My biggest regret is now we have to wait until February to find how El deals with the Ass-Hole???????

Geezzzzzzzzzzz

Mabelle
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. God. Ahhh! Jagger Knox you f'kcing prick! I stll love you though.. Oh El, I'm soooo sorry sweetie...
Book 2 please!
NMmomof4
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I am just coming off of that killer cliffhanger, so that might effect my review. I liked this story. I am a sucker for romances that are over many years time, so this was right up my alley. I loved their first kiss, and the innocence of their early friendship...we will have to see what happens next...

Storyline: This is Ellen "El" and Jagger "Jag"'s story. The duo met when El was 5 and Jag was 7 at an ice cream truck when they bonded over Spider-Man ice cream bars.
Sheyla ✎
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
 photo El.jpg

photo Jag2.jpg

Ellen Love has loved Jagger Knox Jensen since the age of ten. She has been friends with him since she was 5 years old. He was her first playmate, confidant and protector. Growing up with him and her best friend Rebecca has been a blessing but when suddenly Jag starts dating everything changes. This is the first time he breaks her heart.
During the next five years they don't hang out anymore and Ellen tries to avoid any contact with him. It is very painful for her to see him with a different
Janet
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Where to start .. I haven't read a book in a while where the washing ,household chores ,hell even the bathroom break can wait ..till now!

Bought this afternoon and finished in one sitting ..
Brilliant storyline and excellent characters ..

Denita Kee
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Spoiler alert beware! Omg did that just end like that? I have loved Jag this entire book up until the last few chapters. I want to stab that stupid lingerie model Alessandra. Ugh!!!! jag and Ellen are perfect for each other. They grew up together and finally fell in love in high school. They survived being apart for years while Jag was at south Carolina playing college baseball then while he was off starting his professional baseball career. Things were great until they moved to los Angeles ...more
Zizz
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: next-week
Not quite 4 stars.

I love second chance romances. I also love childhood friends turned sweethearts. History between the two characters is essential in hooking me to a story.

This story had the H and h share their first kiss in the school playground when she was in kindergarten and he was in second grade. I got Dusty flashbacks in that scene.

This really started out great. Ellen was a great character and I found her humor entertaining. Childhood friends but she was two years younger which meant
Stephanie
Jan 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: boring
Two words: juvenile and boring. The writing is juvenile. The characters are juvenile. There is no chemistry between whiny Ellen and cardboard Jagger. And you would think there would be some given that these two have been besties since the age of five.

This book is a weird mix of summarizing years of a relationship in a couple of sentences but at the same time focusing on the most pointless details about things and people that don't matter AT ALL. As a result, I ended up skimming most of the
Melissa
Dec 07, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really like the "New Adult" genre...but its habit of drawing out a story over multiple 130 page books is getting pretty annoying. It's a romance, not Game of Thrones. It certainly would have been possible for the author to finish the story in one book, so I'm not really sure why that didn't happen. The big cliffhanger at the end is just irritating when you know you have to wait ages for a new book just to continue the same storyline...when most romances include the whole story in one volume. ...more
Stefanie
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this book and thankfully I'm following it up by reading Finding Us because I despise cliffhangers. Towards the end of the book I literally wanted to kick Jagger in his balls....I couldn't understand why he couldn't figure out what went wrong between him and Ellen. Anyway review be combined with book 2.
SavageGrace
Oct 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jagger is a ball-less wonder. Yeesh. Really - talk about a spineless jerk. And Alessandra needs to be humiliated and ruined... Really hope El gets some revenge on the skank - find loads of shittake on her and air it to the public. Don't mess with a taken man, beeyotch! =P
Ashley
Oct 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Hope he changes in book 2 that's for sure bc I think Jag is a complete selfish asshole. I prefer those protective alpha male types. Felt way too one sided.
Shidah
Oct 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Yay, i loved it but damn i hate cliffhanger
Melissa Woods
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved, re-reads-3
No no no I hate cliffhangers. ); loved it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »