Start by marking “Being Chased (CEP, #1)” as Want to Read:
Being Chased (CEP, #1)

Being Chased

(CEP #1)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  1,173 Ratings  ·  114 Reviews
Citadel Executive Protection (CEP): New York City’s top-rated security agency that hires and assigns only the best of the best for each case.

When New York City’s elite are being terrorized, Julia Cooke’s father hires CEP bodyguard Chase Murphy to guard her. Chase takes all his assignments seriously and knows the danger of each situation. In addition, he needs this job to c
Published July 14th 2013 by Harper Bentley/Amazon Digital Services, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Being Chased, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Being Chased

Sheryl
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THIS SO FREAKIN' MUCH!!!! *PHWOAR* What an AWESOME debut, Harper Bentley!!!! I adored Julia and her smart-ass, snarky mouth and *LE SIGH* Chase was just so damn droolworthy; such a total Alpha male and yet just a puddle when it came to Julia!! And OMG, the sex... seriously needed the ice bucket for this one!!

(To be honest sometimes the switch of POV's threw me BUT not enough to detract me from the kick-ass storyline!)

*SQUEAL* I'm ALWAYS excited to find
Shreya
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
This is the first book by this author, right??? I guess she's got to learn a lot... Specially about what makes us girls go gaga over a guy...
Actually she's got all the correct ingredients for that... ;) :) She just needs to get the proportions right... :D :D

I felt the beginning of the relationship between Chase(hero)& Julia(heroine)was a bit hurried... I mean, I love alpha males!!! I love it when they go all jealous & possessive over their girls... ;) What can I say, they are too HAWT to
Deirdre
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
The entire time I read this I kept saying, I've read this. Exactly this. I kept reading, knowing exactly what was going to happen and every time I was right. But for the life of me I could not remember who wrote it or what it was called. And it turns out I was right. I even found a pdf of the original Twilight fanfiction Guarding Bella Swan by coachlady1.

Now I got this as a freebie on Amazon so I don't feel robbed, but many might, especially if they've read it before. Hardly anything has been c
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
2.5-3 *'s. So I'm on the fence a bit on this. I liked the concept of the story and I really enjoyed the humor but it just lacked something in the character dept.

Chase Murphy is hired as a bodyguard for the wealthy, beautiful and witty Julia. For 2 yrs she has beem lusting after him and antagonizing him with her smart mouth!...anything to get a rsponse from this guy! Chase is uber professional and can't afford to lose his job even though he is dying to take that smart mouth of Julia's. So this is
J B
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love a great love story especially one where love is inconvenient and or unexpected for the characters. If you enjoy great dialog....and oodles of UST!!!! Then this author will not let you down!
Mell
Characters were childish and flat, as was the story. Just not developed well enough to hold my interest. I grew sick of their on-and-off, hot and cold back and forth "relationship" and squabbles.
Ashleyjo
Apr 16, 2015 rated it did not like it
[image error]width="250" height="300" alt="description"/>

Damn, I've never read a book with this much mf'ing completely unnecessary, illogical angst.

Her: He's so sexy
Him: She's so sexy
Her: I want him
Him: I want her
Her: He's an ass
Him: I need this job
Her: He only thinks about money
Him: She has a boyfriend
Her: He has a girlfriend
Him: f it I want her
Her: f it I want him
Him: no, I want my job
Her: no, I'm going to ignore him
Him: she's so sexy
Her: he's so sexy

^ put that shit on repeat and add e
Indy
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this novel as the love/suspense/angst storyline intrigued me but general overall lack of character maturity and author writing style had me tempted more than twice to DNF this one.

Do you like POV switching every paragraph, having you guess which inner dialog you are reading? Do you like watching ping pong matches? Do you like listening to a TON of miscommunication or lack of communication in general, that of which is seen in high school relationships but played out betwee
Tracy
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a good debut novel. I enjoyed the mystery and the love that Chase had for Julia and hers for him. I hope to see more of the CEP group find their matches in upcoming books.
Melissa
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had the extreme privilege of beta-reading this book before it was published and I have to say, all bias aside, this book is amazing.

Due to a string of kidnappings of New York's wealthiest families' children, Allen Cooke hires Chase Murphy to guard his daughter, Julia.

The chemistry and attraction between Chase and Julia is explosive from the start and the UST in this book bring tense to a new level! Julia is a smartass extraordinaire and Chase is a cocky man who just doesn't know how to deal w
F loves to read
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WOW! what a wonderful debut novel by the talented Ms. Harper Bentley!!! I absolutly loved this book and was hooked right from the beginning. it has everything I want and need in a great read. if you're looking for explosive chemistry, lots of UST, lots of witty banter, tension and mystery, then this is the right book for you! I absolutly adored all the characters and enjoyed every minute with them. such a sweet, fun and sizzling hot read!!! I really loved the back and forth between the MC's, it' ...more
Samantha
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ok, so I don't normally write reviews but with this one I HAD to say something. Harper Bentley's debut novel is unputdownable. It's sweet, sexy, & funny. I found myself falling in love with the characters, and the chemistry? Gah! it's explosive!!! Don't hesitate with this one because It. Is. AMAZING. This book definitely get 5 stars from me!
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great Debut Novel which is no doubt going to turn into one hell of a great series...

Loved all the witty banter between them and Chase was all kinds of yum!!!

Looking forward to the next book in the series.....
Chantel
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great debut book!!! Got confused on the back and forth inner dialog but still loved the book. A book filled of mystery, love, family troubles and suspense! Probably the best free read I have gotten this year.

Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
3.5 stars. The book had a lot of promise and some sassy zingers, but it was rough around the edges. Too much back and forth immaturity between Julia and Chase and some choppy dialogue. With some editing, this would have definitely been a 4 star read.
Cheryl
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love it!!!

Harper Bentley is fast becoming one of my favorite authors!!! I love the way she tells a story. Her couples are amazing!!!
Mandy
Jul 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
DNF at 40%. Not my cup of tea. Too many rambling sentences and the back and forth between Chase and whatsherface. oh well.
Teresa  Harman
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Loved, a solid 4 1/2 stars for me. I loved the banter between Julia and Chase.
FS Meurinne
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, arc
Review by FS Meurinne www.fsmeurinne.com

I received a copy of this amazing story, and after just reading the summary I was already intrigued with the story and looking forward to reading it.

The story is about Chase Murphy, who works for CEP, New York City’s top-rated security agency, who is hired as a bodyguard to protect Julia Cooke, only daughter of one New York’s wealthiest man, Allen Cooke. Whom does Julia see as a total asshole dad, making Julia think that money is more important than anyth
Tiffany Readz
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
Where to start.....well this book was very immature and the funny lines were not funny, just cheesy. It felt like the author tried to hard to give these characters what she thought were cool lines. Here is an example: "Oh yes Josh, your tongue feels so good. I think I might cut out, bronzed and made into a trophy". Um what?? It also has alternating points of view, but no real distinction on who it was, you had to get a few lines in to realize it.

Chase works for his father's bodyguard company and
Rosalin
Aug 18, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm tired of being a grumpy reviewer but I can't help it when I read these kind of stories.

Being Chased happens to be Harper Bentley's debut. It would've been pretty amazing if this was the first book I've ever read but since that's not the case, it wasn't that great. I mean I kind of liked the story, I just felt like I've read it a thousand times and I'm here feeling like "Huh? Really?"

Julia and Chase both drove me insane. She was extremely childish and same goes to him. They loved to assume
Deborah
Nov 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Part of me loved this book, for the most part I loved the characters, main and supporting and there's plenty for subsequent books. I loved the story and the ending, the fact that we got both main characters point of view and Chase of course, but then who wouldn't. It was quite a long book which is usually good but in this case I feel it was too long, for me. What I didn't like was firstly I felt there was way too much hot and cold, on and off at one point she mentions his bipolar moments this ap ...more
Emily
GAH!!!!!!!

Loved this book!!

Really enjoyed the banter and UST!! Just when you think the characters have it all worked out…they f*ck it up all over again! Had me yelling at my kindle like only good books can!

When they finally did get it together…the sex was EXPLOSIVE!! So amazingly HAWT!!!

I can’t get over the fact this is the first published book for this author. It reads well, the suspense was well done I even had sweaty palms a couple of times.

Chase is def on my top 10 book boyfriends list!!

This
Aimz
Jul 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: cheesy
This is a story about Julia. Princess snarky pants. She is the daughter of millionaire Allen Cooke. Allen hires Chase Murphy to be a bodyguard due to kidnappings of resident millionaire kids.

Chase has been driving Ms.Cooke around for 2 years. Denying to himself and everyone else his true feelings for her. And Julia has been crushing hard on him for just as long.

Until one night she has plans with friends and he has to drive her. Sparks fly and emotions are revealed. Danger. HEA.

Meh. I liked it
Mary Ceja
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
BRILLIANT DEBUT!!!

Love the characters and the evolution of their story.It's sweet, sexy, & funny. I found myself falling in love with the characters, and the chemistry. It's explosive!!! And In some parts of it, I wished I could go in and punch some sence into both Chase and Julia. Don't hesitate with this one because It. Is. AMAZING.

Susan Toy
Aug 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
I began reading this then quickly thumbed through 20% of the book looking for the place where the story actually begins. I gave up on it at that point. Far too much back story. This was a free download so I wasn't out anything, but I believe the book was misrepresented as the first in a mystery series when it's really just a romance/contemporary chick lit. Not my kind of read at all.
Christina Lyn
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For the first few chapters of their story. As their love story progress you will captivate how this two amazing people grow their feelings toward to each other. Can't wait to read the upcoming series of CEP!!!
Tonya Anderson
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great build of tension

Very well written in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters were well written, a lot of humor and dry wit. The love scenes were exciting and built up to nicely. The back and forth were spot on. Again bravo, loved this book.
  • The Heart Has Reasons
  • Damage Done
  • The Bridge (The Bridge, #1)
  • Falling for a Bentley
  • Fair Play (Diamond, #1)
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • My Everything
  • Addicted to Him
  • Consume Me (Burning Desire, #1)
  • More Than One Night
  • Winning Back Ryan
  • Speed Of My Heart
  • Dangerous Embrace (Embrace, #1)
  • Beautiful Downfall
  • Strictly Business
  • Say Yes (Glenbrook Girls, #1)
  • The Last Execution
  • The Highlander Who Loved Me (The McKennas, #1)
USA Today Best Selling author Harper Bentley writes about hot alpha males who love hard. She's taught high school English forever, and although she’s managed to maintain her sanity regardless of her career choice, jumping into the world of publishing her own books goes to show that she might be closer to the ledge than was previously thought.

After traveling the nation in her younger years as a mi

CEP (3 books)
  • Unbreakable Hearts (CEP, #2)
  • Under the Gun (CEP, #3)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)