Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

IR Author Discussion > Kenya Wright

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paganalexandria (last edited Feb 01, 2017 08:26AM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Why didn't y'all tell me? I wasn't ready! LOL Just finished her Chasing Love series An Arrangement of Love (Chasing Love, #1) by Kenya Wright A Test of Love (Chasing Love, #2) by Kenya Wright Commitment to Love (Chasing Love #3) by Kenya Wright

She gave me story, character development, humor, intrigue, and twists. Anyone else a fan?

message 2: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Nice! I'll have to start that series.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Michelle wrote: "Nice! I'll have to start that series."

Michelle you have too. If you're a fan of the deal threads here you might have the first two already in your collection. They were free at some point.

message 4: by Flip (new)

Flip (flipmode) | 126 comments Michelle I think you'll really like the series!!!!

Monica **can't read fast enough** (wwwgoodreadscomuser_monlat) | 895 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Why didn't y'all tell me? I wasn't ready! LOL Just finished her Chasing Love series An Arrangement of Love (Chasing Love, #1) by Kenya Wright A Test of Love (Chasing Love, #2) by Kenya Wright [bookcover:Commitment to Love|249..."

I have the first two, I guess I need to get to them!

message 6: by Rosie (last edited Feb 02, 2017 01:47PM) (new)

Rosie | 838 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Why didn't y'all tell me? I wasn't ready! LOL Just finished her Chasing Love series ..."

Pagan: Your post is making me push Book 3 (which I started) back to the top of my TBR pile. I love Kenya's writing and stories. However, between the father's craziness and the brother/sister story line I got annoyed with these particular characters and their lack of resistance given the circumstances so I moved on to other books.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Rosie wrote: "Paganalexandria wrote: "Why didn't y'all tell me? I wasn't ready! LOL Just finished her Chasing Love series ..."

Pagan: Your post is making me push Book 3 (which I started) back to the top of my T..."

Book 2 bothered me because of the head jumping with the side characters. She fixed that in book 3.

message 8: by Mz. (new)

Mz. Kim  (ktluvs2read) | 114 comments Monica **can't read fast enough** wrote: "Paganalexandria wrote: "Why didn't y'all tell me? I wasn't ready! LOL Just finished her Chasing Love series An Arrangement of Love (Chasing Love, #1) by Kenya Wright A Test of Love (Chasing Love, #2) by Kenya Wright [bookcove..."

Paganalexandria wrote: "Why didn't y'all tell me? I wasn't ready! LOL Just finished her Chasing Love series [bookcover:An Arrangement of Love|18807658] A Test of Love (Chasing Love, #2) by Kenya Wright [bookcover:Commitment to Love|249..."

I am a very big fan of Kenya Wright. Skye is an awesome author and loves her fans. She will answer questions and is very friendly. I have everyone one of them.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Mz. wrote: "I am a very big fan of Kenya Wright. Skye is an awesome author and loves her fans. She will answer questions and is very friendly. I have everyone one of them. ..."

The last book actually had me highlighting conversations and thoughts. I love this subgenre but I can't remember the last time that happened to me with an IR book.

message 10: by Mz. (new)

Mz. Kim  (ktluvs2read) | 114 comments I also recommend Power by Kenya Wright

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Mz. wrote: "I also recommend Power by Kenya Wright"

Just read the blurb, looks right up my alley. Can use to mark off two challenges for separate groups too, always a bonus. lol

message 12: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1226 comments Rosie wrote: "Paganalexandria wrote: "Why didn't y'all tell me? I wasn't ready! LOL Just finished her Chasing Love series ..."

Pagan: Your post is making me push Book 3 (which I started) back to the top of my T..."

I hear that.I couldn't do book 3 as well. Perhaps one day when it's free I'll get it.

Monica **can't read fast enough** (wwwgoodreadscomuser_monlat) | 895 comments Kenya Wright has a new releseas.

Heartbreak Hotel (Dark Friends-to-Lovers) by Kenya Wright
http://amzn.to/2ijop3i

message 14: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright | 37 comments Monica **can't read fast enough** wrote: "Kenya Wright has a new releseas.

Heartbreak Hotel (Dark Friends-to-Lovers) by Kenya Wright
http://amzn.to/2ijop3i"

Thanks for the love!! I was just going to announce that!

message 15: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright | 37 comments (And book 3 in the chasing love series is pretty dark and hard to swallow. I def pushed the line in that series, but surprisingly, people have been asking for a book 4. )

message 16: by Flip (new)

Flip (flipmode) | 126 comments Kenya wrote: "(And book 3 in the chasing love series is pretty dark and hard to swallow. I def pushed the line in that series, but surprisingly, people have been asking for a book 4. )"

What your making a book 4? Time for me to make space on my tablet!!!!!!

message 17: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright | 37 comments Flip wrote: "Kenya wrote: "(And book 3 in the chasing love series is pretty dark and hard to swallow. I def pushed the line in that series, but surprisingly, people have been asking for a book 4. )"

What your ..."

LMAO

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Okay I had to resurrect this thread because I just finished her Russian Dirty Kisses (The Lion and the Mouse #1) by Kenya Wright Dirty Love (The Lion and the Mouse #2) by Kenya Wright Dirty Hearts (The Lion and the Mouse #3) by Kenya Wright Dirty Minds (The Lion and The Mouse #4) by Kenya Wright Dirty Desires (The Lion and The Mouse #3.5) by Kenya Wright and French Rhapsody (The Butcher and the Violinist #1) by Kenya Wright Sonata (The Butcher and the Violinist #2) by Kenya Wright Mafia books...I think they are great for those of us in Battaglia mafia Battaglia Mafia Series Box Set by Sienna Mynx limbo.

Anyone read these? Once again I was impressed with the details outside the romance. I love when a writer has me marking things to research on my own. The references to classical music in French mafia series especially.

message 19: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1226 comments I started Rhapsody about 3 months ago, but have not been able to get pass the 2nd chapter. I suspect it will have to hit my DNF shelf...

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Justine wrote: "I started Rhapsody about 3 months ago, but have not been able to get pass the 2nd chapter. I suspect it will have to hit my DNF shelf..."

Justine, honestly Dirty Kisses (The Lion and the Mouse #1) by Kenya Wright was like that at first for me. I intially started it when it came out a couple of years ago, and it didn't click with me at the time. I didn't get far in at all. But for some reason, it came across my notice again, and got sucked all the way into the world.

message 21: by Kenya (last edited Dec 07, 2020 11:30AM) (new)

Kenya Wright | 37 comments Thanks for giving the book another try. I have the same problem sometimes. I start something, put it down, and then pick it up a year later and love it.
I just put out Misha's two books.

Dirty Desires (The Lion and The Mouse #3.5) by Kenya Wright

Dirty Obsessions (The Lion and the Mouse #5.5) by Kenya Wright

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Kenya wrote: "Thanks for giving the book another try. I have the same problem sometimes. I start something, put it down, and then pick it up a year later and love it.
I just put out Misha's two books.

[bookco..."

You're welcome Kenya. Since you're here I have a question. Are the Xecutioners in another series I missed? Can you point me in the right direction?

message 23: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright | 37 comments No. You're on point. However, I'm thinking of giving the Xecutioners their own series. You would want to read more of them?

message 24: by Justine (new)

Justine | 1226 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Justine wrote: "I started Rhapsody about 3 months ago, but have not been able to get pass the 2nd chapter. I suspect it will have to hit my DNF shelf..."

Justine, honestly [bookcover:Dirty Kisses|..."

Thanks Paganalexandria. I'm going to put Dirty Kisses and Rhapsody on my reading list for the Christmas week I will be off.

message 25: by Paganalexandria (last edited Dec 09, 2020 07:59PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Kenya wrote: "No. You're on point. However, I'm thinking of giving the Xecutioners their own series. You would want to read more of them?"

Sorry Kenya about just getting back. Okay have to say you got me a little intrigued with the KPop Killers (my name for them in my head). lol I honestly don't read a lot of Asian IR, but did read No Ordinary Love No Ordinary Love by Kenya Wright , and noticed that couple got a callback in your latest book. That is what made me think I'd missed a book. I previously DNF'd Redemption (AmBw Romantic Suspense) by Kenya Wright because of my previous-kids-in-a-story-phobia. I found myself going back to it about 2 days ago, and you got me over my hump. I'm liking it. lol

Justine wrote: "Thanks Paganalexandria. I'm going to put Dirty Kisses and Rhapsody on my reading list for the Christmas week I will be off."

Justine I can't wait to see your thoughts. You like myself can be hard booknut to crack. I often feel like the Mikey from the Life cereal commercials. "She won't read it, she hates everything...She likes it she really likes it!" 🤣🤣🤣

I'm just happy to have another go to author in IR besides Sienna Mynx, and Theodora Taylor that writes complete stories. Bonus points she is in KU too. There is so many horrible IR KU books have to shout out the good ones.

message 26: by Kenya (new)

Kenya Wright | 37 comments Paganalexandria wrote: "Kenya wrote: "No. You're on point. However, I'm thinking of giving the Xecutioners their own series. You would want to read more of them?"

Sorry Kenya about just getting back. Okay have to say you..."

SUPER COOL! Yeah it's funny. Out of my 60 novels. I have only put kids in the story twice. . .besides perhaps a baby in the epilogue. They're difficult to have in the plotline and can get in the way of the romance. . .this from me, a mother of three, lol. However Redemption's kids make the story much more heartfelt in my opinion. Thanks for giving it another try.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Kenya wrote: "SUPER COOL! Yeah it's funny. Out of my 60 novels. I have only put kids in the story twice. . .besides perhaps a baby in the epilogue. They're difficult to have in the plotline and can get in the way of the romance. . .this from me, a mother of three, lol. However Redemption's kids make the story much more heartfelt in my opinion. Thanks for giving it another try."

In real life, I adore children...but in book life kids tend to lessen my couple time or spike my anxiety with badass-kids-that-are-supposed-to-be-cute. I was just scared at first with the size of the family. These kids in this story are doable. lol