CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2017 Weekly Threads > Week 5- What Are You Reading? Plus Website Update

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (last edited Feb 03, 2017 10:48AM) (new)

Joanna | 686 comments Mod
Edit: The 2017 52 Book Pickup site is now LIVE!!!! Click Here to create an account and begin logging books.

One new step for logging books- Checkmark the box under "I read a book!" entitled "I want to enter book details.". If you do not do this, you will not be able to input author and title.

Now go forth and log those books! :)

Currently, France holds the record for most Nobel Prizes in Literature. They have 16, with the latest having been given to Patrick Modiano in 2014.

Did you know that Waldo, of Where's Waldo fame, is actually from England? He goes by a different name there. Take a guess at his original name here.

Our website is almost here! Chesapeake Library's IT department is currently putting the finishing touches on it. The live date is tentatively set for February 1st. I will post the link to Goodreads, as well as instructions for logging your books, once it goes live.

If the date gets pushed back (you know how technology can be), I will also let you all know.

Thank you again, everyone, for your patience with the website!

What is everyone reading this week? How are the challenges coming along? I still need to pick up 1984 for the 100 Reads challenge. Currently, I'm reading Ahsoka (finally finished the Clone Wars series and excited to see what happened to Ahsoka before Rebels) and can't yet decide what to read after that. I have a pile of books so finding a book won't be too hard!

1984 by George Orwell Ahsoka by E.K. Johnston

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 440 comments I finished Revenge in a Cold River by Anne Perry, and was all set to work on my other books for the Take it or Leave it challenge when I found two new series and started both of them: the first book in the first series is A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas and features a female Sherlock Holmes, and the first book in the second series is A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn, about a Victorian lepidopterist with a mysterious past and murder to solve. I finished both books and am now about half way through A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn.
Revenge in a Cold River (William Monk, #22) by Anne Perry A Study in Scarlet Women (Lady Sherlock, #1) by Sherry Thomas A Curious Beginning (Veronica Speedwell, #1) by Deanna Raybourn A Perilous Undertaking (Veronica Speedwell, #2) by Deanna Raybourn