You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Challenges: Year Long Main > Margo's folder

Comments Showing 1-50 of 199 (199 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Margo (last edited Nov 11, 2017 05:54AM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments 1. What is your name? (First, Last, Middle, Nickname – you only need to pick one if you prefer. Feel free to list them all.) Margo Waking Up Dead
2. What is your favourite sport? Bowling Fathers and Daughters
3. What colour are your eyes? Green The Painted Veil
4. Have you ever had a broken bone? No read A Dying Fall
5. What is your favourite movie? A knights tale The Buried Giantread sept 2017
6. What is your favourite book? Pillars of the earth Whiteout read Oct 2017
7. Pick a number between 1 and 10. 1 The Way of Kings
8. What is your favourite holiday? Halloween Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2
9. What is your relationship status? Married The Couple Next Door
10. Are you right or left handed? Right Let the Right One In read Oct 2017
11. What is your birthday month? October Dark Matter
12. Do you have a pet? What is it? Don’t have a pet? Adopt a pet that someone in your immediate circle has (mother, brother, sister, friend, etc.) Dog The Humans by Matt Haig
(view spoiler)
14. What is something you use daily? (brush, computer, car, get creative) toilet A Game of ThronesThe Dry
15. What is your shoe size? (No halves; roll up to next number) uk 7 Gentlemen and Players read july 2017
16. What is your favourite Ice cream flavour? Salted caramel Dust
17. What is your country of birth? England American Gods
18. What is your favourite season? Autumn
19. What is your current desk top picture? Family We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
20. What is your preferred mode of transport? Walking A Walk in the Woods read july 2017
21. How many candles were on your last birthday cake? 50 The Forgotten Garden
22. Have you been in an accident? Yes Small Great Things
23. Do you prefer a shower or bath? Shower Days Without End
24. Name a place you’d like to visit. Pyramids Nefertiti The Book of the Dead (Rai Rahotep, #1) by Nick Drake read june 2017
25. What is your favourite genre? Historical fiction Vlad: The Last Confession
26. Do you prefer a car or truck? Car Abdication
27. Do you have a tattoo? No City of Dragons (Rain Wild Chronicles, #3) by Robin Hobb
28. Do you prefer Classic or Contemporary? Contemporary Mr. Mercedes
29. What is your favourite flower? Snow drop The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
30. Have you been to Europe? Where? (If you live in Europe, specify country other than your own.) France The House in Paris
31. If you could meet anyone famous, infamous, notorious, who would it be? Steven Hawkins Doomsday Book read august 2017
32. What is the feature on you are most often complimented? Eyes Asking for it
33. Would you rather encounter a ghost, an alien, or neither? Alien A Closed and Common Orbit
34. What is your favourite animal (other than domestic pets)? Slothe
35. What type of holiday do you prefer? (Beach, Mountain, Camping, exotic, etc) monuments New Pompeii
36. If you had to lose one of the 5 senses, which would you prefer it to be? SmellPerfume: The Story of a Murderer Oct 2017
37. Who is your favourite author? Ken Follett A Column of Fire
38. Do you prefer tea, coffee, or water? Coffee Black Coffee
39. What is your birthstone using the US 2016 listing: (https://www.americangemsociety.org/en...) opal Songlines (The Sentinels of Eden, #1) by Carolyn Denman
40. What is your favourite fruit? Manderine The Probable Future
41. Issue you are passionate about (abortion, euthanasia, animal rights… etc) disabled access The Silkworm read Nov 2017
42. Would you rather explore in space or undersea? Space We Are Legion (We Are Bob)
43. To what time period would you like to time travel? Ancient Egypt read aug 2017
44. Do you prefer shoes or barefeet? Shoes Die for You
45. Do you prefer green or black olives? Neither? Neither The Playdate
46. What is your Zodiac sign? Libra
47. What is your height in inches? 67in The Handmaid's Tale
48. Who is someone you miss? My dad Boy: Tales of Childhood
49. What is your hobby? Reading The Book of Lost Things
50. What language would you like to learn to speak? Irish Lying in Wait

message 2: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 14597 comments Salted caramel ice cream sounds delicious! My favourite chocolate is milk chocolate with sea salt and caramel, from a specific Dutch brand. The chocolate has become very popular here and several ice cream shops have made ice cream with that chocolate. I want to try it!

message 3: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments I'm glad you're going to join us, Margo. I'll link to your thread in the "Quick Links thread" so that you can find it easily.

message 4: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Peggy that sounds delicious! It's a good job I can't get that here - I'm bad enough as it is lol

Thanks Janice. I'm kinda regretting some of my answers now but theyre honest ;-p

This is such an unusual challenge - great fun :-)

message 5: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments I think we all had answers that we regretted. Hopefully, there's enough flexibility that you can find books to fit. Just remember that the challenge is for 12 books (with options of reading more). If you plan to do the main challenge, some of those tricky questions can be dropped.

message 6: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments I'm sure I'll find 12 books to fit :-)

message 7: by Margo (last edited Oct 06, 2017 05:39AM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments 1. What is your name? (First, Last, Middle, Nickname – you only need to pick one if you prefer. Feel free to list them all.) Margo Clara's Song BY Kitty Margo Waking Up Dead by Margo Bond Collins 25th Mar 2017>

2. What is your favourite sport? Bowling Read a book that is either about your favourite sport or one of the characters plays that sport. You could also chose a book where the cover shows that sport. Fathers and Daughters 14th May 2017

3. What colour are your eyes? Green – Read a book where the colour of your eyes is the main colour of the cover, or the word is in the title.
The Painted Veil The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham

4. Have you ever had a broken bone? No – If yes, read a book with the word “Bone” in the title. If no, read a book about archeology (the character may be an archeologist, the book may be set in a museum, etc
A Dying Fall read Aug 2017

5. What is your favourite movie? A knights tale f the movie is an adaptation, read the book that inspired the movie. Or, read a book that is written by the same author. Or, read a book that has the same title. If the movie is not an adaptation, read a book with a similar theme or has the same title.
The Buried Giant read sept 2017

6. What is your favourite book? Pillars of the earth Read it again. Or, read a book that has the same title. Or read a book by the same author. If you can’t find the same title, or the author only has the one book, go to the book page and click on “Readers Also Enjoyed”. Select a book from the list.A Dangerous Fortune A Place Called Freedom
The Third Twin
7. Pick a number between 1 and 10. 1 elect a series and read the book that corresponds to that number. Or, read a book with the number in the title.
The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson 23rd Apr 2017

8. What is your favourite holiday? Halloween CranenDark Harvest– Read a book that is about that holiday, set during that holiday, or has the name in the title. I chose Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two which takes place over all hallows eve. Finished on 18th mar 2017.

9. What is your relationship status? Married Read a book with that word in the title, or where the main character or author shares that status. Or…. Get creative. What kind of book will be representative? The Couple Next Door The Couple Next Door by Shari Lapena 17th Apr 2017

10. Are you right or left handed? Right – Read a book with that word in the title.
Let the Right One In

11. What is your birthday month? October Something Wicked This Way Comes Read a book with the selected month in the title, or set during that month check out Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. I chose Dark Matter. Finished 19th mar 2017.

12. Do you have a pet? What is it? Don’t have a pet? Adopt a pet that someone in your immediate circle has (mother, brother, sister, friend, etc.) Dog) – Read a book featuring that type of pet. Or, read a book with that pet in the title.
Timbuktu The Humans

13. What is your favourite type of food? (Chinese, Italian, Mexican, etc) indian Read a book set in that region. For example – Seafood would be prevalent in the coastal areas of Canada, United States, among others. A Passage to India A Passage to India by E.M. Forster The India Fan

14. What is something you use daily? (brush, computer, car, get creative) toilet- Read a book with that word in the title. Or, is on the cover. Or…. Get creative. What kind of book will represent that item?
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin

Okay, this is one of the picks I am now very, very sorry about lol but after using the loo there must come The Dry

15. What is your shoe– Select that number of books on your TBR, put them into the Fruit Machine (or another randomizer), and read the one that is selected. If you used European sizes, convert to US using this site: https://www.softmoc.com/ca/shoesize.asp That will reduce the number of books you need to plug into the Fruit Machine size? (No halves; roll up to next number) uk 7 US 9.
The random number generator said....28 Gentlemen and Players read july 2017

16. What is your favourite Ice cream flavour? Salted caramel
n some way.
Dust (Silo, #3) by Hugh Howey
[

17. What is your country of birth? England read a book that either represents that flavour by the colour of the cover, or in the title. You may also chose a book that represents that flavour in some way.
[bookcover:American Gods|30165203]

18. What is your favourite season? Autumn
The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet read aug 2017

19. What is your current desk top picture? Family Read a book with either the season in the title, or set in that season.We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler

20. What is your preferred mode of transport? Walking Read a book with your selection on the cover, or in the title, or it plays a significant role in the book.
A Walk in the Woods read july 2017

21. How many candles were on your last birthday cake? 50 Read the book that corresponds to your answer. If you picked “none” or “zero” as your answer, your number will be 100.
The Forgotten Garden read sept 2017

22. Have you been in an accident? Yes If yes, read a book set in a hospital, or with the word “accident” in title. If no, read a book that is a thriller, in which an accident is a high probability.
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult

23. Do you prefer a shower or bath? Shower Read a book with your selected word in the title, or depicted on the cover.Psycho Days Without End

24. Name a place you’d like to visit. Pyramids Read a book set in that location.Pyramids Nefertiti: The Book of the Dead

25. What is your favourite genre? Historical fiction – Read a book in that genre.Vlad: The Last Confession

message 8: by Margo (last edited Aug 16, 2017 06:45AM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments 26. Do you prefer a car or truck? Car Read a book with your selection on the cover or in the title. Abdication by Juliet Nicolson

27. Do you have a tattoo? No Read a book that represents your tattoo in some way. For example, if you have a tattoo of a rose, your book choice could have a rose on the cover, in the title, or a proper name of the author or character. If you don’t have a tattoo, read a book with a tattoo on the cover, or represents a tattoo that you would want if you were to get one. City of Dragons (Rain Wild Chronicles, #3) by Robin Hobb

28. Do you prefer Classic or Contemporary? Contemporary If Classic, read a book published in 1800 – 1899. If Contemporary, read a book published in 2000 – 2017. Mr. Mercedes (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #1) by Stephen King

29. What is your favourite flower? Snow drop Read a book with that selection on the cover or in the title. Or, read a book that you feel represents that flower in some way.
The Snow Child

30. Have you been to Europe? Where? (If you live in Europe, specify country other than your own.) France Read a book set in that location. If you haven’t been to Europe, read a book set in a European country you would like to visit. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux The Count of Monte Cristo The Three Musketeers

31. If you could meet anyone famous, infamous, notorious, who would it be? Steven Hawkins read a biography, autobiography, memoir, or historical fiction about that person. Or, read a book that is representative of that person. Travelling to Infinity by Jane Hawking Stephen Hawking: An Unfettered Mind

32. What is the feature on you are most often complimented? Eyes Read a book with that feature on the cover or in the title. Asking For It by Louise O'Neill

33. Would you rather encounter a ghost, an alien, or neither? Alien If ghost, read a ghost story. If alien, read a story with aliens in it. If neither, read a book about another supernatural being other than a ghost or alien (werewolf, vampire, witch, succubus, etc). A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2) by Becky Chambers

34. What is your favourite animal (other than domestic pets)? Slothe Read a book with that creature on the cover, in the title, or in the story. Sleeping Giants read July 2017

35. What type of holiday do you prefer? (Beach, Mountain, Camping, exotic, etc) monuments Read a book in that setting or that represents your choice New Pompeii by Daniel Godfrey

36. If you had to lose one of the 5 senses, which would you prefer it to be? Smell Read a book with that word in the title, or read a book where a character is afflicted by that same loss. The Sweet Smell of Decay by Paul Lawrence The Sweet Smell of Decay The Humans by Matt Haig

37. Who is your favourite author? Ken FollettRead either a book by that author, or a book recommended by that author. A Column of Fire due out sept 2017

38. Do you prefer tea, coffee, or water? Coffee If tea or coffee, read a book with the word in the title, or set in a country where that beverage is a huge export (ie China for tea, Brazil for coffee). If water, read a book with the word in the title, or set on/near a large body of water. Black Coffee red june 2017

39. What is your birthstone using the US 2016 listing: (https://www.americangemsociety.org/en...) opal Read a book with that gemstone on the cover, in the title, or the colour of that gemstone is the colour of the cover. Songlines Songlines (The Sentinels of Eden, #1) by Carolyn Denman

40. What is your favourite fruit? Manderine Read a book with that fruit on the cover, in the title, or the colour of that fruit is the colour of the cover. The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman The Probable Future by Alice Hoffman 6th Apr 2017

41. Issue you are passionate about (abortion, euthanasia, animal rights… etc) disabled access Read a book where this issue is prominent or is represented in some way. It may be fiction or non-fiction. The Silkworm The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike, #2) by Robert Galbraith Red Sister Hessa, Sister Pan

42. Would you rather explore in space or undersea? Space Read a book in that setting. The Spaceship Next Door The Spaceship Next Door by Gene Doucette

43. To what time period would you like to time travel? Ancient Egypt Read a book either set in that time period, or published in that time period. Or, read a book about time travel where the character’s time travelled to that period. read Nefertiti: The Book of the Dead aug 2017

44. Do you prefer shoes or barefeet? Shoes Read a book where your selection is on the cover or in the title, or get creative and find a book that represents your choice. The Accident by C.L. Taylor Die for You by Lisa Unger 15th Mar 2017

45. Do you prefer green or black olives? Neither? Neither Read a book with either a predominantly green or black cover depending on your answer. If you said “neither”, read a book with a predominantly white cover. Aim for at least 75% of the cover so that when you look at the cover, it screams green, black or white depending on your choice. The Playdate by Louise Millar The Playdate by Louise Millar 30th Mar 2017

46. What is your Zodiac sign? Libra This one is wide open. Read a book that represents your zodiac sign in some way. Mine is Sagittarius (the archer). I could read a book with Sagittarius in the title, Archer in the title, author named Archer, bow and arrow on the cover, horse on the cover, a Western with Indians (bow & arrow). Special Circumstances (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #1) by Sheldon Siegel read june 2017

47. What is your height in inches? 67in Go to your TBR shelf and sort by number. Read the book that matches your answer. If you don’t have that many books on your TBR, select a listopia on a topic you are interested and read the book with the corresponding number to your height. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

48. Who is someone you miss? My dad Read a book that represents that person in some way. I miss my mother, so I could read a book with “Mother” in the title, a biography of Mother Theresa, where the main character is a mother, a book with a mother holding her baby on the cover, etc. Boy: Tales of Childhood 14th May 2017

49. What is your hobby? Reading Read a book that represents that hobby in some way. The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

50. What language would you like to learn to speak? Irish Read a book that was translated from that language to one you do speak. Or, chose a book where a character speaks that language. For example, if you chose Gaelic, you could read any of the books in the Outlander series. Lying in Wait finished 1st feb 2017

message 9: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 1074 comments Welcome from a fellow October baby and historical fiction lover! You are going to have fun choosing books for this challenge. Enjoy!

message 10: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Suzanne wrote: "Welcome from a fellow October baby and historical fiction lover! You are going to have fun choosing books for this challenge. Enjoy!"

I'm already having fun - this is such a clever and imaginative challenge!

message 11: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2640 comments You were asking about a book with Irish in it.. I recently read Star of the Sea, historical fiction set in the time of the Irish famine. There is a lot of Irish spoken by various characters (with the translations, luckily). I'm not sure whether this is your type of thing or whether you want to read such a long book.

I found some of the descriptions heart wrenching... Not an easy subject to face up to (especially as an English person)

message 12: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Annerlee wrote: "You were asking about a book with Irish in it.. I recently read Star of the Sea, historical fiction set in the time of the Irish famine. There is a lot of Irish spoken by various char..."

Annerlee that's a great idea and a great book! I read it many years age, when I could still read print, and loved it. I have checked it out and it is available on kindle and audible. Thank you so much ;-D

message 13: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2640 comments No bother at all, glad I could help... BTW, I'll be interested to see what you come up with for your sloth book ; )

message 14: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments LOL That's another answer I now regret! I had just seen some in a David Attenborough documentary and thought they were the cutest thing ever. Why couldn't the darn program been about monkeys :-)

message 15: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments ah, found the ideal book for task 34. my answer was a slothe. slothes spend most lives sleeping so you could say they have A Sleeping Life!

message 16: by Annerlee (last edited Feb 05, 2017 01:33PM) (new)

Annerlee | 2640 comments Margo wrote: "ah, found the ideal book for task 34. my answer was a slothe. slothes spend most lives sleeping so you could say they have A Sleeping Life!"

Clever! I'm impressed ; )
Although I'm not sure whether 'sloth' has to be in the title...? Maybe you can get special dispensation.

message 17: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Annerlee wrote: "Margo wrote: "ah, found the ideal book for task 34. my answer was a slothe. slothes spend most lives sleeping so you could say they have A Sleeping Life!"

Clever! I'm impressed ; )
Al..."

Yes, maybe tenuous! The only books I can fund with sloths on the cover ane kiddy books with about 30 pages. Oh well, plenty on time ;-)

message 18: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2640 comments Margo wrote: "Oh well, plenty on time ;-) ..."
Yep. There must be something...

message 19: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments Looks like a win to me, Margo.

message 20: by Tejas Janet (new)

Tejas Janet (tejasjanet) | 3513 comments Margo wrote: "Annerlee wrote: "Margo wrote: "ah, found the ideal book for task 34. my answer was a slothe. slothes spend most lives sleeping so you could say they have A Sleeping Life!"

Clever! I'm..."

Seems valid, Margo, tho I'm not consulting the criteria for this task. Assuming you must love sleeping? Me too. As long as I'm having restful sleep with some good dreams.

I liked your creative answer for question 14 - toilet : ) Hmm, what to read for this? Seems open to lots of ideas tho. Political scene in US for one maybe, lol.

message 21: by Margo (last edited Feb 06, 2017 03:21AM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Tejas Janet wrote: "Margo wrote: "Annerlee wrote: "Margo wrote: "ah, found the ideal book for task 34. my answer was a slothe. slothes spend most lives sleeping so you could say they have A Sleeping Life!..."

LOL politicics might a good option for that one all right but could I stomach it? At the moment when the news comes on I stick my fingers in my ears and sing loudly ;-)

Thanks for the heads up on the book Janice.

message 22: by Margo (last edited Mar 07, 2017 11:11AM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Task 28: COMPLETE 22nd Feb 2017
2/12 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Do you prefer Classic or Contemporary? Contemporary If Classic, read a book published in 1800 – 1899. If Contemporary, read a book published in 2000 – 2017

I finished Mr. Mercedes on 19th feb. I Used to be a big fan of King back in the day but after Needful Things I became disillusioned. This has been my first dip into a new King novel in many years and I had my doubts about the genre change but it worked. I've already bought the sequel.

I'm also claiming Lying in Wait for task 50 Read a book that was translated from that language to one you do speak. Or, chose a book where a character speaks that language. For example, if you chose Gaelic, you could read any of the books in the Outlander series. Most Irish people are, to some extent bilingual, speaking both Irish and English.

Well, that's 2 down ;-)

message 23: by Margo (last edited Mar 07, 2017 11:12AM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments TASK 22 COMPLETE 1st Mar 2017
3/12 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Have you been in an accident? Yes If yes, read a book set in a hospital, or with the word “accident” in title. If no, read a book that is a thriller, in which an accident is a high probability.
Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult

I chose this book because Ruth, one of the 2 main characters, is a nurse and hence a large part of the story takes place in a hospital. I hope this satisfies the criteria :-)

message 24: by Margo (last edited Mar 23, 2017 01:38PM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Task 16: COMPLETE 1st Mar 2017
4/12 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

What is your favourite flavour ice cream? Salted caramel

Dust Dust (Silo, #3) by Hugh Howey looks very like salted caramel ice cream. It's a bit desturbing that once of my favourite guilty pleasures resembles dying body cells - maybe I can usemthis as aversion therapy ;-p

message 25: by Margo (last edited Mar 07, 2017 11:16AM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments TASK 50 COMPLETE on 1st February 2017
1/12 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I listened to Lying in Wait by Irish author Liz Nugent. Ireland is a bilingual country i.e. English and Irish are spoken.

I have never come across a book where a character speaks Irish during the course of the book that isn't completely in Irish! I'm sure some exist but I've seen one. As I'm limited to audiobooks and kindle I don't that big a rang to chose from. The rule in Ireland is that all children under the age of 12 must learn Irish in school so it's reasonable to assume that the characters do speak the language! I arrived here at 13 so I didn't learn it.

UPDATE : Annerlee kindly suggested Star of the Sea but as Janice said this book was okay I'll let it stand.

message 26: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments Margo wrote: "task 22 complete
3/12

Have you been in an accident? Yes If yes, read a book set in a hospital, or with the word “accident” in title. If no, read a book that is a thriller, in which an accident is ..."

I think it satisfies the criteria. :)

message 27: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Janice wrote: "Margo wrote: "task 22 complete
3/12

Have you been in an accident? Yes If yes, read a book set in a hospital, or with the word “accident” in title. If no, read a book that is a thriller, in which a..."

I think I'm getting the hang of it - sorry for all the questions Janice :-)

message 28: by Annerlee (new)

Annerlee | 2640 comments Your doing great Margo. I asked lots of questions too : )

message 29: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments Don't worry about asking questions, Margo. Better to ask than be confused.

message 30: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16712 comments Never apologise for asking questions!

message 31: by Margo (last edited Mar 23, 2017 01:39PM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Thanks Janice and Rusalka - you may live to regret those words ;-p

TASK 25 COMPLETED - 7TH MAR 2017
5/12 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

What is your favourite genre? Historical fiction – Read a book in that genre Vlad: The Last Confession Vlad The Last Confession by C.C. Humphreys

message 32: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments I have Vlad on my wishlist. You've given it 5 stars which makes me more intrigued about the book.

message 33: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments I was toying between 4 or 5 stars Janice. There were a few battle scenes which I always find boring! I'm not an action person. I decided on 5 as I really liked the way the story was told :-)

message 34: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments TASK 44 COMPLETED ON 15th March 2017
6/12 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Do you prefer shoes or barefeet? Shoes

I listened to Die For You Die For You by Lisa Unger . I really wouldn't recommend it as it was quite boring.

message 35: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments Too bad that you didn't enjoy it, Margo.

message 36: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Can't win 'em all ;-)

message 37: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments @Janice, I've just finished Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two and discovered it is set around Halloween.
Is it ok to use that for task 8, my favourite season (for which I answered Halloween )? I'm asking as it is a play rather than a novel but I read the print script.

message 38: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments That will work, Margo.

message 39: by Margo (last edited Mar 19, 2017 10:33AM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments TASK 8 COMPLETE on 18th Mar 2017
7/12 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

What is your favorite hollday? Halloween

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8) by John Tiffany Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two

A large part of the action in this play takes place at all hallows eve.

Thanks Janice for clarifying that plays are allowed in this challenge :-)

message 40: by Margo (last edited Mar 19, 2017 10:34AM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments TASK 11 COMPLETED on 19th Mar 2017
8/12 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

What is your birthday month? October

Dark Matter Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

This book begins on the 1st October. It is not made clear when it ends but my impression is the action take place over 2 - 4 weeks.

message 41: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments Could you also link to the book so that we can readily see what you read? Thanks. :)

message 42: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Janice wrote: "Could you also link to the book so that we can readily see what you read? Thanks. :)"

Done! Sorry I was so excited to get another 2 down today that I forgot what I was doing ;-p

message 43: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments LOL! No worries, Margo. Thanks for updating your comments.

message 44: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16712 comments Teehee understandable!

message 45: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Found my opel coluored bookcover for task 39 Songlines Songlines (The Sentinels of Eden, #1) by Carolyn Denman . Colours are beautiful - like a black opel :-D

message 46: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 47219 comments Oooh, I love that cover! The colours really appeal to me. The story sounds interesting too.

message 47: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 19593 comments Oh, me too! I've added it to my Australia shelf TBR.

message 48: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments Yeah, the cover almost glows - at least on the kindle version lol

message 49: by Margo (new)

Margo | 9412 comments TASK 26 COMPLETE on 22nd Mar 2017
9/12 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Do you prefer a car or truck? Car
Abdication Abdication by Juliet Nicolson

A historically valid novel set in 1936 england.

message 50: by Margo (last edited Mar 23, 2017 01:36PM) (new)

Margo | 9412 comments TASK 49 COMPLETE on 14th Mar 2017
10/12 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

What is your favourite hobby? Reading, reading and more reading!!

The Book of Lost Things The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

I was a bit cheeky here - I read this book as the group monthly read then I noticed that Kristie had used it for this task so I followed suit! A story about a kid whose favourite pastime it reading :-)

« previous 1 3 4