All About YA discussion

Challenges-Yearly > 2017 Read The Rainbow Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by These Violent Delights (last edited Sep 19, 2017 07:18AM) (new)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1221 comments Mod
Read a book for every color of the rainbow by the end of 2017!

Are you going to participate?

Nicole
Janessa
Sapphire
Dana
Danielle
Lily

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

What are the colors in the rainbow?

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 18 comments Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 1221 comments Mod
Thanks Nicole!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you

message 6: by Nicole (last edited Oct 09, 2017 05:40AM) (new)

Nicole | 18 comments I'll try this!

Red- The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5) by James Dashner Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber

Orange- Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller

Yellow- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

Green- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Blue- The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass Wonder by R.J. Palacio Catch-22 (Catch-22, #1) by Joseph Heller

Indigo- Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling

Violet- The Crown (The Selection, #5) by Kiera Cass Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

message 7: by Crisanda (Sapphire) (last edited Mar 03, 2017 07:19AM) (new)

Crisanda (Sapphire) | 2 comments Yes!

(6/7)

Violet Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas The Rosie Project (Don Tillman, #1) by Graeme Simsion

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 17, 2017 03:18AM) (new)

Red: Dracula by Bram Stoker , Othello by William Shakespeare , Red by John Logan

Orange: Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2) by Stephanie Perkins , The Clean House by Sarah Ruhl

Yellow: The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare

Green: A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare , The Witches by Roald Dahl , Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare , Garden Spells (Waverley Family, #1) by Sarah Addison Allen , The Flick by Annie Baker Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins

Blue: Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys , Stargirl (Stargirl, #1) by Jerry Spinelli The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Indigo: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer , Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer , The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2) by Mary E. Pearson

Voilet: Macbeth by William Shakespeare , The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana Gisser (deekgee) I was actually looking in to doing a rainbow display in our display case at the library I work at when I came across this challenge.

I think I plan to do this with the colors actually being in the title though: Red Tent, A Clockwork Orange, 1/2 a Yellow Sun, Green Mile, Chesapeake Blue, and Secret Life of Violet Grant

message 10: by Danielle (last edited Nov 20, 2017 01:33PM) (new)

Danielle (blueowl007) | 12 comments Okay, I am coming into this a little late but I already seem to have a decent start on it.

Red - One to Protect (One to Hold, #3) by Tia Louise
Orange - The Last Star (The 5th Wave, #3) by Rick Yancey
Yellow - What the Night Knows by Dean Koontz
Green - The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Blue - Return (Awakened Fate #3) by Skye Malone
Indigo - Descend (Awakened Fate #2) by Skye Malone The ocean floor is Indigo
Violet -

message 11: by Lily (new)

Lily | 57 comments Red:

Orange: Al Franken, Giant of the Senate by Al Franken An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson

Yellow: Recreated (Reawakened, #2) by Colleen Houck Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver Crewel (Crewel World, #1) by Gennifer Albin

Green: Saga, Vol. 7 (Saga, #7) by Brian K. Vaughan Poison's Kiss (Poison's Kiss, #1) by Breeana Shields

Blue: Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 (Wires and Nerves, #1) by Marissa Meyer Ahsoka (Star Wars) by E.K. Johnston Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Last Star Burning by Caitlin Sangster

Indigo: Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer The Black Witch (The Black Witch Chronicles, #1) by Laurie Forest

Violet: Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Because You Love to Hate Me 13 Tales of Villainy by Ameriie

message 12: by Tiegan (last edited Nov 30, 2017 07:19PM) (new)

Tiegan (tiegan_pupos) Woah.. I've read a lot of books with red in the covers.. weird.

Red: One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2) by Kendare Blake One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness See No Color by Shannon Gibney Spelled (The Storymakers, #1) by Betsy Schow Heartless by Marissa Meyer Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas Midnight Jewel (The Glittering Court, #2) by Richelle Mead Ruin and Rising (Grisha Verse, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Siege and Storm (Grisha Verse, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Cruel Crown (Red Queen, #0.1-#0.2) by Victoria Aveyard Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Otherworld (Otherworld, #1) by Jason Segel

Orange: Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3) by Patrick Ness Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

Yellow: The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis Carry On by Rainbow Rowell I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo

Green: The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Guide, #1) by Mackenzi Lee Firstlife (Everlife, #1) by Gena Showalter Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Unraveled (Crewel World, #3) by Gennifer Albin Crewel (Crewel World, #1) by Gennifer Albin Fragments of the Lost by Megan Miranda

Blue: Lifeblood (Everlife, #2) by Gena Showalter Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking, #2) by Patrick Ness Carry On by Rainbow Rowell Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 (Wires and Nerves, #1) by Marissa Meyer Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare Passenger (Passenger, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Altered (Crewel World, #2) by Gennifer Albin The Beast Is an Animal by Peternelle van Arsdale

Indigo: Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore Dear My (Blank) by Emily Trunko Spelled (The Storymakers, #1) by Betsy Schow The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen, #1) by Roshani Chokshi Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1) by Scott Reintgen

Violet: This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki Wayfarer (Passenger, #2) by Alexandra Bracken