Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > Team Dynize->Planning/Chatting

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.P. (last edited Jan 26, 2017 08:30AM) (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Please check in on this thread by February 1st to let the team know you still plan to participate.

Team Members
Megan ✓
Jamie ✓
Victoria
Megan F

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments I'm still in.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 652 comments Checking in. :)

message 4: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments I'm here! What do you guys have planned for this month?

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments Victoria wrote: "I'm here! What do you guys have planned for this month?"

I haven't fully decided yet but for 2016-2017 debuts I have Preppy The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part One (King, #5) by T.M. Frazier .

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments *Historical fiction- The Fairy Tale Bride by Kelly McClymer
*Fantasy- Branded (Fall of Angels, #1) by Keary Taylor
*Science fiction- Snow & Ash Endless Winter by Theresa Shaver
*Nonfiction
*Red on the cover- Not In Kansas Anymore Dark Arts, Sex Spells, Money Magic, and Other Things Your Neighbors Aren't Telling You (Plus) by Christine Wicker
*A 2016 or 2017 debut- Preppy The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part One (King, #5) by T.M. Frazier
*New to you author- Let it be Me by Barbara Speak
*Number in the title
*Name in the title (this means a given/first name)- Heaven (Casteel, #1) by V.C. Andrews
*A classic
*A book with a character that shares your first name
*A book recommended to you
*A buddy read
*A book read in school
*Female author
*Male author
*A book that has been adapted for film
*One word title- Keep (Romanian Mob Chronicles, #1) by Kaye Blue
*Over 500 pages
*An award winner
*A collection of short stories

So far this is what I have planned out.

message 7: by Victoria (last edited Jan 27, 2017 05:06PM) (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments I have these ones planned, trying to get the categories we haven't already got filled :)
Female author - Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover
Recommended - Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu
(Printz) award winner - Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby
Over 500 pages - After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes

And I can count Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer for a couple of the categories we've already got covered

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments I know for a fact that I will get Preppy The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part One (King, #5) by T.M. Frazier and Heaven (Casteel, #1) by V.C. Andrews out of the way first. I haven't found a book with someone who shares my first name. What about you?

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments I've got buddy reads in another group planned for all of those, so I've got a set order :) I'm starting with Slammed I think! I haven't found anyone sharing a first name yet, but I haven't looked especially hard either...

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments Victoria wrote: "I've got buddy reads in another group planned for all of those, so I've got a set order :) I'm starting with Slammed I think! I haven't found anyone sharing a first name yet, but I haven't looked e..."

I haven't either. I might have one for male author. Maybe nonfiction too.

message 11: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments We do have other teammates as well, so this isn't all up to us! We can see what they have that'll fit, then work out some of the rest :)

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments Victoria wrote: "We do have other teammates as well, so this isn't all up to us! We can see what they have that'll fit, then work out some of the rest :)"

True and Categories can be repeated.

message 13: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments How are you all doing? Have you been able to start any books?

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments C P wrote: "How are you all doing? Have you been able to start any books?"

I started Keep (Romanian Mob Chronicles, #1) by Kaye Blue but I don't know if I am going to be able to finish it.

message 15: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Well you can at least count any pages read for the challenge. Sorry you aren't enjoying it though. :(

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments C P wrote: "Well you can at least count any pages read for the challenge. Sorry you aren't enjoying it though. :("

It would have been a good story if there was a plot and developed characters.

message 17: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I hate when that happens.

message 18: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments I'm starting my first whole book, Slammed! And I'm going to be posting to get points for the book I started last month :)

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan Fogarty | 15 comments Sorry, seeing this late, but I am still in

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan Fogarty | 15 comments Currently reading "Scarlet" Asa buddy read with Kaylin, as well as a book of short stories "Spooky Campfire Tales" by S. E. Schlosser.

message 21: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments How are you liking Scarlet, Megan?

How is everyone else's reading coming this month?

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments C P wrote: "How are you liking Scarlet, Megan?

How is everyone else's reading coming this month?"

I started Heaven last night. It seems to be a pretty easy read so far. I might, hopefully, get it finished this weekend when I have more time.

message 23: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Hope you continue to enjoy it, Jamie!

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan Fogarty | 15 comments I finished "Scarlet" last night. I absolutely loved it! Can't wait to start "Cress".

message 25: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Scott | 466 comments Megan, I'm ready Stars Above at the moment, I just finished that series recently! Glad you're enjoying it :)
I have a review to post tomorrow, and hopefully another one very soon, this book is really easy to read

message 26: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments How is everyone doing? Have you been able to fit in the reading you had hoped?

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments C P wrote: "How is everyone doing? Have you been able to fit in the reading you had hoped?"

Been pretty busy this month. My reading is starting to pick up again.

message 28: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments I hope it was a good kind of busy and not a bad one, Jamie. And I'm glad you've been able to read more!

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments C P wrote: "I hope it was a good kind of busy and not a bad one, Jamie. And I'm glad you've been able to read more!"

A good busy. It also isn't helping that I'm not in the mood for my typical read. I'm hoping switching genres will help me get out of this funk.

message 30: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Glad to hear it. :) And I hope that it helps to switch things up. Sometimes you can get kind of burned out with the same things.

message 31: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Not long before the end of the month! Any books you want to finish?

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments C P wrote: "Not long before the end of the month! Any books you want to finish?"

I finished one and put it up in the reviewa yesterday. I might have two more finished this weekend and up by monday.

message 33: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments Good luck! Have you found some books that you're enjoying more now?

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments C P wrote: "Good luck! Have you found some books that you're enjoying more now?"

Yes I have. I think I have gotten out of my funk. Mostly with YA which I've hardly read in the last year.

message 35: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8239 comments That's good tp hear. Sometimes a change in genre/category can help.

Jamies  (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) | 16 comments C P wrote: "That's good tp hear. Sometimes a change in genre/category can help."

Yes. I think it's what I needed.