YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Cuddles (S) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 223 (223 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Meaghan (last edited Jan 28, 2017 08:22AM) (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Please check in before February 1st!

Hannah (✔)
Berit (✔)
Meaghan (✔)
Cami (✔)
Cinthia (✔)
Review Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Challenge Info:
Categories:
- A couple on the cover
- Flowers on the cover
- Envelope or greetings card on the cover
- Food on the cover
- A ring or jewellery on the cover
- A candle on the cover
- Hearts on the cover
- A red cover
- A romance novel
- A book first published in February
- "Date" in the title
- "Love" in the title
- "Secret" in the title
- "Cupid" in the title
- "Kiss" In the title
- Book with an average rating of 4 or more
- Title starting with V, A, L, E, N, T, or I
- Book from this list - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

*100 - 199 pages = 1 point
*200 - 299 pages = 2 points
*300 - 399 pages = 3 points
*400 - 499 pages = 4 points
*500 - 599 pages = 5 points
*600+ pages = 6 points
(maximum of 6 points per book)
*Buddy reads DOUBLE your points score, so a 300 page book + buddy read = 6 points. 600 page book + buddy read = 12 points. (Bonus points for buddy reads will only be given if the buddy read has taken place in our group.)

Rules:
* This challenge will run from Feburary 1st to Feburary 28th, with results announced on March 1st.
*Books started before Feburary can be used, but you must only claim the number of pages read in February.
*Buddy reads must still have a minimum of 4 comments to count.
*4 detailed updates can be used instead of a review.
*Re-reads are allowed as long as its been at least a year since you last read the book.
* You can find our regular challenge rules here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments I'm here!

message 3: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Hannah wrote: "I'm here!"

Hey Hannah! Welcome to the group!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments Thanks!

message 5: by Cami (last edited Jan 24, 2017 11:42AM) (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Checking in :)

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Checking in :-)

message 7: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments These are my planned BRs so far...

1st The Calling (Endgame, #1) by James J. Frey
3rd The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen, #1) by Roshani Chokshi
5th Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard
8th A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess
13th Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu
13th King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard
17th The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
21st A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2) by Sabaa Tahir
23rd This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab
24th Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1) by Veronica Roth
28th Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown

And if anyone wants to plan anymore with me, this is my physical tbr...https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Meaghan I might join you with the Glass Sword, I'm not a huge planner, so I will post the books that I'm reading as I go and if any of you want to join me fantastic , it has actually worked very well this past month :-)

message 9: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments @Berit I used to plan every single day but I hated how I had no freedom :/ and then last month I had almost no Buddy Reads since I didn't want to plan, so I'm trying to find a happy medium now xD but if it's a book that I have physically and I'm not too behind on my BRs I'll read it with you! :)

message 10: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments @Meaghan I could read the Wrath and Dawn and The Raven Boys with but we would have to start one of them early Feb. if that's fine :)

message 11: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments @Cami I'm actually reading the wrath and dawn series at the end of this month (or probably the beginning of this one using a Br from end of last month).

The only thing is I'm a tad full at the beginning of the month xD but if it can't work out later it's okag

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments My only planned BR's for Feb are:

Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby - 9th
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord - 28th

message 13: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Meaghan wrote: "@Cami I'm actually reading the wrath and dawn series at the end of this month (or probably the beginning of this one using a Br from end of last month).

The only thing is I'm a tad full at the beg..."

Alright, that's fine :) I probably have way too many books planned too.

message 14: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84094 comments Mod
Adding Cinthia to your team ☺

message 15: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Thanks Sarah! I'll update the list once I get to my laptop :)

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Welcome Cynthia :-)

message 17: by Cami (last edited Jan 27, 2017 04:43PM) (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Hey Cinthia, welcome to Team Cuddles :)

message 18: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5775 comments Hello guys... this team name sounds fun and cute.

message 19: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5775 comments I am hoping to do well this month. Last month was a little busy but I am eager. I just started endgame and so far it's good. I only have one BR planned this month so that's good I don't like the pressure of Having to read. I want to read to enjoy it.

message 20: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments I hope to do good this month too :) had tons of school work last month and have just been anticipating getting to really read again! I plan to have one book done by the end of tonight, and hopefully wrath and dawn tomorrow!

message 21: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Same here, I should be done a book tonight :)

message 22: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Just posted my first book :) it was fairly quick, and read really fast. Time to fully focus on my wrath and dawn series BRs! Should get us some nice points

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments I will also be finishing a book tonight. I just hope I'm not lazy this month with my updating. I was terrible last month.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments I should finish a book tonight, my youngest has the flu and I think I'm catching it, so I really have no energy to do much else :-)

message 25: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Just finished Wrath and The Dawn, which is a BR worth 8 points total! I just have to write the review to turn it in. And then I plan on starting the Rose and The Dagger tonight!

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments How was it? I've been on the fence on that book :-) also I did finish my book I just need to post a review, now I'm working on a BR

message 27: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments I absolutely loved it. It totally blew all my expectations away. I also just liked the mysterious air that the plot had for most of the book.

message 28: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5775 comments I have the Rose and the dagger so I might pick it up and comment in the buddy read page. I'm currently reading Endgame and Champion i should have Champion done today, it's pretty good. Endgame is really good too but I need to catch some zzzz's, just came out of work.

message 29: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5775 comments I read the Rose and the dawn over a year ago and I remember it being good.

message 30: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Yea I'm super excited for the Rose and the Dagger. I also still really need to finish the legend series myself. I stopped after I finished book 2, still not sure why I never ended up finishing it :(

message 31: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5775 comments Ha you are just like me. I stopped on book 2 and now over a year later I'm doing book 3. But girllllll it's good.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Maybe I will give it a try :-)

message 33: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Definitely going to finish it at some point then! I'm moving to a new country in a few months though, and in preparation I already brought some books over, Champion being one of them xD so I guess I won't be finishing it soon

message 34: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Berit☀️✨ wrote: "Maybe I will give it a try :-)"

I definitely would! It is heavily based in romance, but it's quite the interesting one. In addition, it has a few extra layers of plot that made it stand out in my opinion :)

message 35: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments I'm reading a bunch of stuff right now, but I'll be finished at least 2 by Saturday or Sunday.

message 36: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments I'm hoping to finish Rose and Dagger tonight, and start Star-Touched Queen, but I'll see how far I get :) my goal for the weekend is those two + Glass Sword, as that keeps me all on track with my BRs!

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Just finished a 10 point buck, I'll post some time today, being sick is helping I can just lay around and listen to audiobooks, although I would like to feel better :-)

message 38: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5775 comments I should have The Calling (Endgame, #1) by James J. Frey done and posted tonight. That will us another 12 points :) next will be a red-read Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard .

message 39: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Berit☀️✨ wrote: "Just finished a 10 point buck, I'll post some time today, being sick is helping I can just lay around and listen to audiobooks, although I would like to feel better :-)"

I hope you do feel better!
I'm going to finish Beholden and hopefully I can write the review tonight.

message 40: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5775 comments I don't really want to re-read Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard . I might just skip it and read The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken .

message 41: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments If you don't want to them I wouldn't! You should just read what you feel like :) I always get into slumps if I try to force myself to read something

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken was a good book.

message 43: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Yea I really enjoyed it too!

message 44: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5775 comments K. I'm skipping it. I'm gonna start the darkest mind tonight at work, I keep hearing good reviews about the roommate so I just started it.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments Cynthia, I might join you on one or both of those, do any of them have a Watch or Clock on the cover? I'm in entirely too many challenges at the moment, LOL have you read anything by the author of The Roommate? Is definitely not rated PG ;-) see the mom in me coming out, I probably could be all you girls moms :-) my oldest are 19 and 20, but both her off at college living on campus, my daughter is pretty close in Riverside, but my son is down in San Diego :-)

message 46: by Cinthia (new)

Cinthia | 5775 comments Lol. No i don't think either have a clock. Yeah the roommate is definitely Mature content. Im 35.

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments OK well I guess you're cleared to read that, and I probably couldn't be your mom, unless I had you very very young :-)

message 48: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Haha yea I seem to be on the younger spectrum in the group xD I'm 17

Berit Talks Books (berittalksbooks) | 4264 comments No you are not allowed to read that young lady ;-) i'm actually a pretty lenient mom, my daughter has access to all my books on Kindle, however I don't think she reads much Smut, But she could if she wanted to....
It always impresses me all the young people involved, my kids are busy doing sorority and fraternity things, not reading, and less it is a textbook :-)

message 50: by Meaghan (new)

Meaghan (ectophine) | 3629 comments Haha, good I'm not the biggest fan of smut then xD and yea I prefer reading over parties, and my school currently allows for tons of free time, which kinda explains the amount I've been able to read in the pst few days

« previous 1 3 4 5