YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Twinkle (F)- Chat

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (last edited Jan 27, 2017 12:57PM) (new)

Andy | 14623 comments Please check in before Feb 1st!

Team Twinkle
Vernie- ✓
Viana
Talia
Susan- ✓
TJ- ✓
Bunnita- ✓
Andrea- ✓
Mickey- ✓

Review thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 137 comments checking in

message 3: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14623 comments Categories:
- A couple on the cover
- Flowers on the cover
- Envelope or greetings card on the cover
- Food on the cover
- A ring or jewellery on the cover
- A candle on the cover
- Hearts on the cover
- A red cover
- A romance novel
- A book first published in February
- "Date" in the title
- "Love" in the title
- "Secret" in the title
- "Cupid" in the title
- "Kiss" In the title
- Book with an average rating of 4 or more
- Title starting with V, A, L, E, N, T, or I
- Book from this list - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

*100 - 199 pages = 1 point
*200 - 299 pages = 2 points
*300 - 399 pages = 3 points
*400 - 499 pages = 4 points
*500 - 599 pages = 5 points
*600+ pages = 6 points
(maximum of 6 points per book)
*Buddy reads DOUBLE your points score, so a 300 page book + buddy read = 6 points. 600 page book + buddy read = 12 points. (Bonus points for buddy reads will only be given if the buddy read has taken place in our group.)

Rules:
* This challenge will run from Feburary 1st to Feburary 28th, with results announced on March 1st.
*Books started before Feburary can be used, but you must only claim the number of pages read in February.
*Buddy reads must still have a minimum of 4 comments to count.
*4 detailed updates can be used instead of a review.
*Re-reads are allowed as long as its been at least a year since you last read the book.
* You can find our regular challenge rules here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Vernie♡ (new)

Vernie♡ (wondertraveler) | 17 comments Hello I'm checking in! :)

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments Checking in and loving this challenge

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14623 comments Does anyone know what they're going to read yet?

message 7: by Vernie♡ (last edited Feb 04, 2017 05:07PM) (new)

Vernie♡ (wondertraveler) | 17 comments My goal is to read all these books next month. However, knowing how busy I've been lately who knows what will happen! :)

1. A couple on the cover
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
2. A ring or jewelry on the cover
Ruined (Ruined, #1) by Amy Tintera
3. A red cover
Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer
4. "love" in the title
The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash
5. A book first published in February
Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard
6. Book with an average rating of 4 or more
The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
7. A romance novel
On the Fence by Kasie West
8. Title starting with V, A, L, E, N, T, or I
Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard

message 8: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (readingrowena) | 736 comments Hi, Sarah said I'd be joining your team and I'm just checking in! :)

message 9: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14623 comments Welcome Mickey! :)

message 10: by Andy (last edited Jan 26, 2017 06:05PM) (new)

Andy | 14623 comments That's an impressive list Vernie! I've wanted to read My Lady Jane for a long time, but I don't know if I could fit it in with school and my interviews.

I'm planning these so far I think: Insanity (Insanity #1) by Cameron Jace Hearts on the cover
King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard
published in feb
Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Untitled, #1) by Rosamund Hodge
Romance novel (romeo & Juliet retelling)

Oh and this one, but I'm not sure where it would fit: Dawn Study (Soulfinders, #3) by Maria V. Snyder Maybe red cover?

message 11: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Hi Team Twinkle!

I've already got buddy reads scheduled for next month -- I'll have to see how they fit (squeeeeeze) into these categories... ;)

...looking forward to some fun reading and chatting!

message 12: by T.J. (last edited Feb 28, 2017 10:01AM) (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments description Lou Lou and Pea and the Mural Mystery by Jill Diamond finished
- A red cover
- Title starting with L
description Freeks by Amanda Hocking Freeks by Amanda Hocking finished
- A red cover
- A romance novel
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Freeks by Amanda Hocking ---> starting February 2nd
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Perfect (Flawed, #2) by Cecelia Ahern - A red cover
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Perfect (Flawed #2) by Cecelia Ahern - Starting February 15th 2017
Lifeblood (Everlife, #2) by Gena Showalter - Title starting with L
description Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1) by Jen Calonita finished
- Food on the cover
description A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess finished
- Title starting with A
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess -- Starting February 8th, 2017

description The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden finished
- Title starting with T

I have to read this one for my book club:
description Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel finished

Maybe I'll read:
Romeo and What's Her Name by Shani Petroff - Hearts on the cover
- A romance novel
Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments One of the books I want to read has a crown on the cover. A crown is a piece of jewelry right? I don't want to post it as a book with jewelry on the front if you don't think a crown is jewelry

message 14: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14623 comments Susan wrote: "One of the books I want to read has a crown on the cover. A crown is a piece of jewelry right? I don't want to post it as a book with jewelry on the front if you don't think a crown is jewelry"

Post it on the Feb challenge topic and the mods will let you know!

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments Andrea wrote: "Susan wrote: "One of the books I want to read has a crown on the cover. A crown is a piece of jewelry right? I don't want to post it as a book with jewelry on the front if you don't think a crown i..."

I sure will thank you.

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments I am going to ask here and when we establish a Feb buddy reading thread but on Feb 1st does anyone want to start reading Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt I got all three books and they are all about love and romance so they do fit the rules for the genre of books. Let me know if you would like to buddy read this book only or the whole series. Thank you

message 17: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (readingrowena) | 736 comments Susan wrote: "I am going to ask here and when we establish a Feb buddy reading thread but on Feb 1st does anyone want to start reading Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt I got all three books and they are all a..."
The first one comes out in my country Feb 8 so I am definetely buddy reading it with you, I'll just be a bit late!
Andrea wrote: "Welcome Mickey! :)"
Thank you!

message 18: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Hey, Mickey! My JFF BFF, I've missed you!
How've you been?

message 19: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14623 comments I finished a book today guys! I was driving all of the day and finished the audiobook of Lirael so I'll posted a review of it tomorrow.

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments Mickey wrote: "Susan wrote: "I am going to ask here and when we establish a Feb buddy reading thread but on Feb 1st does anyone want to start reading Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt I got all three books and ..."

Sounds great I will hold off reading it until Feb. 8th.

message 21: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (readingrowena) | 736 comments TJ wrote: "Hey, Mickey! My JFF BFF, I've missed you!
How've you been?"

Hiii! Good?! Maybe? Too much studying going on rn! And you?

Susan wrote: "Mickey wrote: "Susan wrote: "I am going to ask here and when we establish a Feb buddy reading thread but on Feb 1st does anyone want to start reading Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt I got all t..."
That is great!!! Can't wait!

message 22: by Vernie♡ (last edited Feb 05, 2017 06:45PM) (new)

Vernie♡ (wondertraveler) | 17 comments The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
5/5 Stars
Category: Contemporary/Mystery
Pages: 341
Review:https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 23: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Hi Vernie!

Could you post your review to our review page too?

Thanks!

message 24: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14623 comments I'm going to get my review for Lirael up this weekend. I've been super swamped with school and haven't had any time to write plus haven't been able to think of anything! Once I finish my lab report that should free up some brain space though :)

message 25: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (readingrowena) | 736 comments Andrea wrote: "I'm going to get my review for Lirael up this weekend. I've been super swamped with school and haven't had any time to write plus haven't been able to think of anything! Once I finish my lab report..."

Exams are next week so I haven't done much reading either. I am posting my review for Dear John this weekend and @Susan I am starting Paper Princess tomorrow bc I will get it then, they were out today.. -.-
Happy reading!

message 26: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments I will finish my buddy read for Freeks by Amanda Hocking soon, which will be an 8-pointer.

I'm also far along with The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden , but since I started last month, I won't get buddy read credit.

I'm also reading several other books on my own, like Lou Lou and Pea and the Mural Mystery by Jill Diamond and starting a new buddy read for A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess .

message 27: by Susan (last edited Feb 09, 2017 01:54PM) (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments Mickey wrote: "TJ wrote: "Hey, Mickey! My JFF BFF, I've missed you!
How've you been?"

Susan wrote: "Mickey wrote: "Susan wrote: "I am going to ask her..."

@Mickey and anyone else who would like to join in the buddy read with Mickey and I. It starts today for Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt :)

message 28: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (readingrowena) | 736 comments Susan wrote: "Mickey wrote: "TJ wrote: "Hey, Mickey! My JFF BFF, I've missed you!
How've you been?"

Susan wrote: "Mickey wrote: "Susan wrote: "I am g..."

Sooo, went to the bookshop today to get my copy and it hadn't arrived I guess I'll be 1 day late but I'll catch up, thank you for waiting gor me!!

Bunnita (Worth Reading It?) (bunnita) | 137 comments I finally finished Operation Prom Date (Tactics in Flirting, #1) by Cindi Madsen hopefully it will count for a full point. It's an ARC that not listed for sale yet so wasn't able to get page count

message 30: by Andy (new)

Andy | 14623 comments Finally got that review posted phew! Mickey I totally get where you're coming from I have exams coming up too so I feel like I have no time to do anything. At least I finished my lab report and this :)

message 31: by T.J. (last edited Feb 12, 2017 01:04PM) (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments So, we're no longer last place! Yay, Team Twinkle!

I posted my buddy read for Freeks by Amanda Hocking -- a whopping 8 pointer! I also finished my buddy read for The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden , but since I started it last month, I will only get 1 point for it. Both were great books, by the way. I also finished Lou Lou and Pea and the Mural Mystery by Jill Diamond -- I buddy read it with my daughter. :)

Now I'm buddy reading A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess , which will be another 8-pointer, along with Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel for my book club and Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1) by Jen Calonita with my daughter.

message 32: by Michaela (new)

Michaela (readingrowena) | 736 comments I am really sorry I was so inactive but I was abroad for 1 week and did not have much time for reading let alone internet.... I will see what I can do these three days!

message 33: by T.J. (new)

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Mickey wrote: "I am really sorry I was so inactive but I was abroad for 1 week and did not have much time for reading let alone internet.... I will see what I can do these three days!"

Still time to post, JFF BFF... But no worries, it is Just For Fun after all... :D

I just posted Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel Flunked (Fairy Tale Reform School, #1) by Jen Calonita The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden .

I still hope to finish my buddy read for A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess , which will bring in 8 points.

Final Stretch, Team Twinkle!